FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by glad Today at 9:27 am

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by D.G.Dayaratne Yesterday at 7:28 am

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Fri May 17, 2024 9:08 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Technical Analytics & Charts (1)

+59
monash
laksharemk
wappula
yaka
ole
m2_yapa
Leon
rainmaker
balapas
prabath
klpfernando
The Alchemist
bakapandithaya
sandanuwan
suja
mark
Arena
VertexCSE
Expert
sahan8896
Fresher
pathfinder
takefawaz
nimantha80
UAEBOY
hairai
godswen
nkuda
Dr_CSE
dinusha.kiwulegedara
raybenz1984
Jiggysaurus
fairbullrun
LateTackle
kav4
Whitebull
kas
D.G.Dayaratne
Stefan
Slstock
Backstage
opfdo
market bull
Antonym
Green79
val2004
malanp
manula
Redbulls
Kumar
CSE.SAS
lemuria
smallville
K.Haputantri
sriranga
chamith
Rajaraam
stumpy
traderathome
63 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 40]

151Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 7 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:36 pm

Slstock

Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Taderathome,I edited a word next to Malik as some might take it wrongly/sensitively if you know what I mean.

152Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 7 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:48 pm

traderathome

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

slstock wrote:Taderathome,I edited a word next to Malik as some might take it wrongly/sensitively if you know what I mean.
no offense, Very Happy me too fasting .....if you know what i mean Cool if all are happy then what the heck......as long as innocent retailers are kept informed about possible profit taking levels when the run starts.

So i guess this forum has to reach many retailers in coming weeks and months and possibly years, so they know when cut in to profit. no body wants to get stuck at the peaks Rolling Eyes

cheerz afro

i will repost my charts especially jkh one. :Deleted:

153Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 7 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:51 pm

traderathome

traderathome wrote:[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

Here is a chart open for discussion. im still bullish bias technically, and we can not negate the thought that the current mkt price of the counter would not reach 155-165 which would confirm the price trending on a bearish channel.Also there is a chance of price bouncing off at same level around 155-165 this is the market to decide of course. the sentiments can play a vital role short term basis. please do not discount that the price is holding around the 180ish....so the support is still intact @180.
I think 180 held its nerve after all current prices are in 200. Very Happy

154Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 7 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:57 pm

traderathome

smallville wrote:
traderathome wrote:Here is the JKH confluence on 3 patterns;
Inversed H&S
Symetrical Triangle Continutation
5-0 Harmonic (now preciely drawn).......

This Not Promotional Material...only to assist anyone holding this counter with possible profit taking

Good ENTRY was 190Rs.
Target (Possible) 260+ min.

Good work BTW...

Well Hope I'm not disturbin, I was waiting till u draw the I-H&S Wink cuz as I saw it at that time it has a distorted head (like the ASI H&S pattern which became tru after all) Evil or Very Mad
After the low and hi fib levels, the correction seems happening which can drive the price.

Have you checked the Vol levels too?
Already Rs.22.4 /- up for past 11 days trading..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The target of 260 was derived from the next correction phase I guess??
Are we gud to go to 260. think 300 will be on cards.....if the momentum is sustained. bounce

155Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 7 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:04 pm

traderathome

Inversed H&S

This Not Promotional Material...only to assist anyone holding this counter with possible profit taking

Good ENTRY was 190Rs.

This original post was done on 21.06.2012...to read it for JKH holders. Basketball

156Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 7 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:53 pm

traderathome

traderathome

traderathome wrote:here is a BULLISH Gartley chart on PARQ. See how lagging our conventional indicators compared to this method.The method is with an accuracy of 90% GUYS Basketball Lets see how good the current PRZ would stand. A price below 12 rs will invalidate the chart pattern, then we look for the other bullish PRZ hopefully to load some mo Shocked
Revisiting PARQ chart ..... Very Happy as there will be another opportunity to make some short profit, when PARQ will trade around 12Rs. await the chart Cool

Last edited by traderathome on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

157Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 7 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:31 pm

traderathome

traderathome

The CTC is presently trading above 50DMA (670Rs) and 100DMA (650Rs). The uptrend is in tact to trade above 675. with a possibility to revist 650 (shaded area in Grey) if at all in coming weeks.Despite lackluster performance in CSE, the counter has appreciated during market downfall.Could this be a reason that investors tend to hold on for fundamentally strong supportive shares during turbulent periods at CSE.
The testing of 720Rs is expected once again, it did try 3 previous occasions and failed.
The market needs re-assurance if this to re-test high levels.
My immediate target would be 800Rs and to take from there onwards.
We are seeing some consolidation before the 800Rs is breached.
To the down side extreme would be 620~500 (shaded in yellow) which will confluence on the long term trend line, but highly unlikely given the recent financial results.
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

158Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 7 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:41 pm

traderathome

traderathome

traderathome wrote:
Inversed H&S

Good ENTRY was 190Rs.

This original post was done on 21.06.2012...to read it for JKH holders. Basketball
any free calls to lock in profit @ 240 conservative or high risk traders @ 260.
upon upside to 260 i am thinking price to fall by max Rs 50/- to re enter buy orders ...............

appreciate the comments.. Very Happy

159Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 7 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:51 pm

traderathome

traderathome

Here is my RICH currently 21DMA trading above 50 & 100 DMA.

Looks a beginning of nice trend............ Very Happy

Regards
TAH

160Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 7 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:56 pm

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

Thanks Traderathome.

161Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 7 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:02 pm

traderathome

traderathome

K.Haputantri wrote:Thanks Traderathome.

Forgot to mention......
I am holding RICH
And not holding JKH

I think the forum members ought to know this, i dont want any members entertaining the idea me being having secret agendas to jack up or create a sensation............ Very Happy

162Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 7 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:09 pm

Stefan

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Hi TAH
What do your charts tell you abt comb.x, PLC and CWM.

163Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 7 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:57 pm

traderathome

traderathome

Stefan wrote:Hi TAH

Hi stef,
comb x is one which i am holding and this one for longterm and currently in the green zone.

PLC i disposed some weeks ago, recent results are not that impressive, but may be i will reconsider buying some in the future......
CWM was one i was eyeing some months ago, but havent had the time to put it on a chart....so when time permits i will come up with the chart pattern.

The consumables will be a longterm investment with percapita income in srilanka expected to grow and strong demand for this segment is of my view.
regards
TAH

164Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 7 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:56 am

traderathome

traderathome

here is my HNB X chart. Basketball

Rs 80/- indicates a good buy opportunity. Well no idea it would come below 80 any time soon.

If the current chaos condition between sec and hnwi persists we may see it, possibility to prices coming down again after slight recovery. Rolling Eyes

165Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 7 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:41 pm

traderathome

traderathome

traderathome wrote:Here is my RICH currently 21DMA trading above 50 & 100 DMA.

Looks a beginning of nice trend............ Very Happy

Regards
TAH

The price could settle around 9.80 -10Rs (Target).....my average cost is @7.10...

Very Happy

166Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 7 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:47 pm

traderathome

traderathome

traderathome wrote:Did anyone noticing ASPI 50 and 100 MA...interesting one for those looking for the turnaround, how it detected the bearish trend last year june (2011).

Its immediate concern to break 5100 Res. meaning short term and to next level would be the crossover to 100 MA around 5200 as per current condition.[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

for bearish to continue it would mean to slide further to 4500 levels which give a bulls to take another go at 5000.

So its all a waiting game until market bulls finds its rhythm, and march upwards. let the market decide its direction.

if the retail participation is active very sure market bullishness will prevail, if the govt takes a cautious approach not to hurt sentiments and to send the wrong signal, by removing heads of SEC.

best regards
TAH
will it break 5100 levels

167Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 7 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:24 am

traderathome

traderathome

I was able to study one more counter with limited time i had ...and already placed a BUY Order around 82.10.Not sure price would DIP from current levels around 93Rs.
But I am willing to take a chance...........

There is no guarantee let the market decide....
Do not consider this as a recomendation or stock advise.
Thanks
TAH Very Happy

168Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 7 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:17 am

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

Thanks TAH. This thread is very educative.

169Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 7 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:25 pm

traderathome

traderathome

traderathome wrote:here is the updated asi chart with the reversal points. and possible targets for the long term....5500, 6200 7250 and 7800

To read concurrently with the next post.....all from history for refreshing our minds and to concentrate for future targets. So that our longterm targets are not compromised by sudden GREEN you see in your portfolio. Very Happy

170Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 7 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:33 pm

traderathome

traderathome

traderathome wrote:
Antonym wrote:
traderathome wrote:here is the updated asi chart with the reversal points. and possible targets for the long term....5500, 6200 7250 and 7800
@traderathome: I know this chart is important because it provides possible long term targets. But some of us are 'technically challenged'... We would appreciate a brief commentary highlighting the key features of your chart and explaining how each of those targets has been derived. Thanks!
I am very glad you asked that question. In any HPP (Harmonic Price Pattern) the peaks and low points act as Res or Supports.
the ASI chart depicted is now called as a BULLISH SHARK PATTERN, the last leg down in this case colored in BLUE and RED can extend below 1.618~2.24 FIB Levels.
The Bullish Shark Pattern can turnout to be a Bearish 5-0Pattern after moving up50% from last leg down. This is known as the correction leg.That is why i indicated 6250 to be precise will be the make or break for the BULLS although for me its the 50% retracement level. The shaded area indicates the entering of to the neutral zone (38.2%) which tested twice and failed. If this RES is broken, the momentum will carry up towards the first leg up which acted as a peak point and got corrected. which is confluencing around 7250 level. If left enough steam to break this 7250 we will surely see 7800 testing within 15-18months from now.

Hope this clears my target levels, please do let me know i will try and put some guide points to denote the peaks and the lows on the pattern for the noobs tryng to understand.

Sorry if i confused you more pale

Happy Trading/Investing
TAH pirat

For Reading with above chart......and to guide/facilitate some of you when deciding to BUY/SELL inline with ASI.

one of the brokers Bartleet says which was posted by Malik that investors would start offloading @5500lvl, but for me i will @6200 Basketball where i am expecting the correction 50%FIB santa

171Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 7 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:44 pm

traderathome

traderathome

it was in August 2010 ASI broke 5500points and by Oct same year it gained 1700points, i am reasonably assuming 25% min from 5500 this year if it reaches to gain.(1700*25%) this being very conservative expectation. that would mean 6000 points min, if things proceed smoothly from present condition.

Can some one confirm/correct me to my below statements:
we can reasonably expect the eoy earnings in corporates would be better than expected.

Then 6200 would be achievable ?

All are speculative, at this moment of time,but sentiments seems good thus far....knowing that the fundamentally strong shares are gaining...
Very Happy

Anyone free to comment and correct me...

HAPPY
TAH

172Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 7 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:18 pm

D.G.Dayaratne

6200 would be achievable if govt minimize INTERVENTION

This means 1,Govt will not manipulate stock market by using public
funds.
2.Appoint firm believer of free market economy and balance minded manager as CSE Chairman.Specially NOT A GAMBLER
3.Public sector should follow stranded instructions giver earlier by Economists not by GAMBLERS

173Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 7 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:40 am

Stefan

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

traderathome wrote:
Stefan wrote:Hi TAH

Hi stef,
comb x is one which i am holding and this one for longterm and currently in the green zone.

PLC i disposed some weeks ago, recent results are not that impressive, but may be i will reconsider buying some in the future......
CWM was one i was eyeing some months ago, but havent had the time to put it on a chart....so when time permits i will come up with the chart pattern.

The consumables will be a longterm investment with percapita income in srilanka expected to grow and strong demand for this segment is of my view.
regards
TAH

Thanks TAH, I already own comb.x @79, PLC @ a slightly higher px of 11.70, thinking of buying CWM. If you make a chart pls do share with us.

174Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 7 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:10 am

traderathome

traderathome

Any one havin EOD of CSE from 2009-Todate for metastock.
I am thinking of putting the charts using metastock v11

175Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 7 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:32 pm

traderathome

traderathome

Hi Stef 57.30-56.30 are gud price range to buy the 1st lot out of 3 lots. the directfn candelsticks are not clear, so i need to find metastock eod data to draw this cwm x. but i did not go through there financials so study it. pssible targets 65/79 short to medium term ....then 93/104 to the longterm.

please do your due diligence before ......buying.

currently i am not holding though this one. Smile

176Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 7 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:20 am

traderathome

traderathome

Received at last my AGAL Dividends cheque.......last week , also GLAS Very Happy

177Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 7 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:42 am

traderathome

traderathome

traderathome wrote:I was able to study one more counter with limited time i had ...and already placed a BUY Order around 82.10.Not sure price would DIP from current levels around 93Rs.
But I am willing to take a chance...........

There is no guarantee let the market decide....
Do not consider this as a recomendation or stock advise.
Thanks
TAH Very Happy

Will this counter make min 10rs move to the lower or upper in coming days or weeks.
I am seeing a contraction on the bolinger bands.............. bounce

178Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 7 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:08 pm

chamith

chamith
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

hey

Have you Amibroker uptodate database ?
could you upload ur amibroker database please,,,

thanks
chamith

179Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 7 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:06 pm

kas

kas
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

chamith wrote:hey

thanks
chamith

I m also looking for the same appreciate if someone could share it Smile

180Technical Analytics & Charts (1) - Page 7 Empty Re: Technical Analytics & Charts (1) Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:15 pm

traderathome

traderathome

kas wrote:
chamith wrote:hey

thanks
chamith

I m also looking for the same appreciate if someone could share it Smile
i am looking for metastock data Very Happy