FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Today at 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Today at 12:18 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

UDPL impressive financials.

+3
lakmal87
cse1981
prabath
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1UDPL impressive financials. Empty UDPL impressive financials. Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:30 pm

prabath

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

When is the sector run?.All plantations showing good results.

2UDPL impressive financials. Empty Re: UDPL impressive financials. Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:49 pm

cse1981

cse1981
Manager - Equity Analytics

not rubber

3UDPL impressive financials. Empty Re: UDPL impressive financials. Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:34 pm

lakmal87

This time got good profit..

4UDPL impressive financials. Empty Re: UDPL impressive financials. Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:39 am

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert

UDPL has reported EPS of 3.67 quarter ending June as they have less rubber. Their net asset per share is: 38.82.

According to June Quartelry report Results of HAPU

Net Asset per Share: 43.83
EPS 1.71

Which one is more attractive in the short, mid and long run? Will they have good market for their tea in countries such as Japan, UK and North America in the coming years due to demand? Thanks.

MESSAGE FROM THE CHAIRMAN in the quarterly report.

An excellent start to the year with Profit before Tax exceeding Rs 100 million up on 2013 by 182%. The improvements in the quality of product due to strategies implemented in the recent past to improve quality and marketing of our products mitigated the impact of the lower volumes due to the adverse weather conditions. Turn over during the period of Rs 748 million is short of the corresponding period of 2013 by 9% and once again the strategies implemented made our operations more effective and efficient to reduce cost of sales by 18% during the period under review. We are hopeful that the dry weather conditions in Nuwara Eliya and the central hills
will change during the second half the year to re coup a part of shortfall in tea production, which could contribute further to improve our performance during the year .

Major Shareholders

1.JAMES FINLAY PLANTATION HOLDINGS (LANKA)LIMITED  JAMES 2.FINLAY LIMITED
3.JACEY TRUST SERVICES (PRIVATE)LIMITED
4.MONAD (PRIVATE) LIMITED
5.BETA HOLDINGS LIMITED

5UDPL impressive financials. Empty Re: UDPL impressive financials. Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:44 am

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert

I was following this stock last couple of days after our tech expert NC’S tech chart on UDPL. It went up slowly from Rs. 30 to Rs. 35 without much notice. Surprisingly there was demand for this stock along with TPL on Thursday and it passed Rs.35. Even On Friday there were some support. It is time to identify new stocks like this. Good luck!

6UDPL impressive financials. Empty Re: UDPL impressive financials. Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:32 am

Bolinger

Bolinger

Agree with you Valuepick.

7UDPL impressive financials. Empty Re: UDPL impressive financials. Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:12 pm

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert

Bolinger wrote:Agree with you Valuepick.

Thanks. Actually this is a hidden gem in the plantation sector. We need to study their commercially viable land as well. They have some of the best land areas in Sri-Lanka. They have some coconut too. What about their high quality CTC tea? What about their strong management? I really impressed with the management. What about their debt level? They don’t have any long term debt in their balance sheet according to quarterly report ended 30 June 2014. Even short term debt is negligible except bank overdraft. What about their ROE? They have all types of high quality tea. Still I am doing some study on this company after our tech expert NC’s tech chart. Thank you NC for your chart. Good luck!

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/727_1407748465539.pdf

8UDPL impressive financials. Empty Re: UDPL impressive financials. Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:34 pm

Wessa123

3 months ago it's was at 24 so it has appreciated

9UDPL impressive financials. Empty Re: UDPL impressive financials. Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:40 pm

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert

Today I just manged to buy less than 1000 shares of UDPL. Good luck!

10UDPL impressive financials. Empty Re: UDPL impressive financials. Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:12 pm

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert

Today also I put some orders. Still I couldn’t get. I also put some orders for its sister company HAPU. Hardly find sellers for HAPU. Still I didn’t get. Is it wise to buy MPRH and ELPL now instead of BALA and KAHA if I can't buy HAPU? I just noticed UDPL just passed Rs.40/.

11UDPL impressive financials. Empty Re: UDPL impressive financials. Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:21 pm

RPPA

Expert
Expert

VALUEPICK wrote:Today also I put some orders. Still I couldn’t get. I also put some orders for its sister company HAPU. Hardly find sellers for HAPU. Still I didn’t get. Is it wise to buy MPRH and ELPL now instead of BALA and KAHA if I can't buy HAPU? I just noticed UDPL just passed Rs.40/.

GO for JFIN. The parent

12UDPL impressive financials. Empty Re: UDPL impressive financials. Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:26 pm

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert

RPPA wrote:
VALUEPICK wrote:Today also I put some orders. Still I couldn’t get. I also put some orders for its sister company HAPU. Hardly find sellers for HAPU. Still I didn’t get. Is it wise to buy MPRH and ELPL now instead of BALA and KAHA if I can't buy HAPU? I just noticed UDPL just passed Rs.40/.

GO for MPRH.
'

Thank you RPPA. I Just manged to buy 200 shares of HAPU. Paid little bit premium to buy that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum