FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by D.G.Dayaratne Today at 7:28 am

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Fri May 17, 2024 9:08 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Wed May 15, 2024 1:58 pm

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

RENU results Mar 2011

+6
stumpy
Antonym
Rajitha
StocksWatch
seyon
Slstock
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1RENU results Mar 2011 Empty RENU results Mar 2011 Mon May 16, 2011 5:11 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

Quarter EPS 4.11
12 Month EPS 28.70

* YoY Gross profit ( from core business) is up 120%
* YoY Net profit down by 53% . Reason is other income is down

Remember RENU has its hotel core business and maintain a good portfolio as investment. During the period Hotel refurbishment was done and now its back on track. Admirably the costs involved seemed to be borne by the company itself. Improvement in earnign from core business from last quarter can be seen . Cash t balance is still positve for RENU.

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/569_1305544174.pdf

2RENU results Mar 2011 Empty Re: RENU results Mar 2011 Mon May 16, 2011 5:23 pm

seyon

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

slstock wrote:Quarter EPS 4.11
12 Month EPS 28.70

* YoY Gross profit ( from core business) is up 120%
* YoY Net profit down by 53% . Reason is other income is down

Remember RENU has its hotel core business and maintain a good portfolio as investment. During the period Hotel refurbishment was done and now its back on track. Admirably the costs involved seemed to be borne by the company itself. Improvement in earnign from core business from last quarter can be seen . Cash t balance is still positve for RENU.

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/569_1305544174.pdf

Very Impressive results.......

Related discussion..
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t3190-renu-a-detailed-analysis-value-stock

3RENU results Mar 2011 Empty Re: RENU results Mar 2011 Mon May 16, 2011 6:17 pm

StocksWatch

It is great to see RENU starting to show growth in thier earnings from the core business. According to my knowledge, the hotel is now fully operation after the refurbishment. We can expect RENU to produce much better results in the coming quaters from thier core business which is hotel operation.

Not to mention about RENU's huge investment portfolio. This is currently reflected in the balance sheet at the cost. If you revalue this portfolio it will depict a huge growth for sure.

Also RENU has a big investment in DFCC shares. In fact RENU has something like 7 million DFCC shares in their portfolio as per last annual report. (This is after adjustment for 1:1 bonus issue). This number of DFCC shares is same as RENU's issued share volume. DFCC declared lucratative dividends (7+3) recently. This means the dividends from DFCC alone will account for RS 10 for RENU's future EPS.

This has all ingredients to be next ALLI in my opinion. Do your own analysis and decide.

4RENU results Mar 2011 Empty Re: RENU results Mar 2011 Mon May 16, 2011 6:30 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha

They resumed the hotels normal operations at the end of February ! So the results are really impressive! I was skeptical to buy the share before this quarter results out because of this but seems it was a good idea that I atleast bought those 100 shares!

5RENU results Mar 2011 Empty Re: RENU results Mar 2011 Tue May 17, 2011 4:12 pm

Antonym

Antonym
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Positives:
1. Revenue from Hotel operations has overtaken Other Income this quarter; therefore, RENU deserves to be rerated based on PE ratio applicable to the hotel sector.
2. After the refurbishment, GP margin has increased Q on Q from 60% to 93%! This also augurs well for the future.
3. There has been a YoY reduction in Finance Cost by Rs 4.6 million.

Concerns:
There is a YoY increase in Administrative Expenses by Rs 13.3 million - Is that largely due to the higher service levels expected of the renovated hotel?

Observation:
There is a high Receivables figure (Rs 338 million) - Does this relate to proceeds from sale of shares, waiting to be reinvested at the right opportunity?

However, RENU's most attractive feature is not visible here: its understated Investment portfolio... To me, these results are just the appetizer; I am waiting for the main course! Very Happy

6RENU results Mar 2011 Empty Re: RENU results Mar 2011 Wed May 18, 2011 3:59 pm

stumpy

stumpy
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Sounds Interesting !!! I'm waiting for a buy signal!

7RENU results Mar 2011 Empty Re: RENU results Mar 2011 Wed May 18, 2011 4:58 pm

ipoguru

Antonym wrote:Positives:
1. Revenue from Hotel operations has overtaken Other Income this quarter; therefore, RENU deserves to be rerated based on PE ratio applicable to the hotel sector.
2. After the refurbishment, GP margin has increased Q on Q from 60% to 93%! This also augurs well for the future.
3. There has been a YoY reduction in Finance Cost by Rs 4.6 million.

Concerns:
There is a YoY increase in Administrative Expenses by Rs 13.3 million - Is that largely due to the higher service levels expected of the renovated hotel?

Observation:
There is a high Receivables figure (Rs 338 million) - Does this relate to proceeds from sale of shares, waiting to be reinvested at the right opportunity?

However, RENU's most attractive feature is not visible here: its understated Investment portfolio... To me, these results are just the appetizer; I am waiting for the main course! :D

What is the book value of RENU

8RENU results Mar 2011 Empty Re: RENU results Mar 2011 Wed May 18, 2011 5:03 pm

Slstock

Slstock

ipoguru wrote:

9RENU results Mar 2011 Empty Re: RENU results Mar 2011 Wed May 18, 2011 5:25 pm

StocksWatch

slstock wrote:
ipoguru wrote:

This may be the book value as per thier accounts published. But if you consider re-valuation of their assets and investments, the figure is much higher than this. Antonym would say that it is around Rs. 475 currently Wink

10RENU results Mar 2011 Empty Re: RENU results Mar 2011 Wed May 18, 2011 6:07 pm

Antonym

Antonym

@StocksWatch: Yes, that is a reasonable estimate.

The market value of their investments would be at least Rs 2.425 billion (Refer another post on RENU by seyon for details).
If their property is revalued as indicated in Annual Report 2009/10, the value of PP&E would come to Rs 334 million.
Just replace these figures in the Balance Sheet and you'd arrive at the actual value of Rs 479 per share.

11RENU results Mar 2011 Empty Re: RENU results Mar 2011 Wed May 18, 2011 7:46 pm

ipoguru

Antonym wrote:@StocksWatch: Yes, that is a reasonable estimate.

The market value of their investments would be at least Rs 2.425 billion (Refer another post on RENU by seyon for details).
If their property is revalued as indicated in Annual Report 2009/10, the value of PP&E would come to Rs 334 million.
Just replace these figures in the Balance Sheet and you'd arrive at the actual value of Rs 479 per share.

Then why directors (or company who know about RENU) selling at 430 rupees?

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announcements/7831305286676_.pdf

When was the quarterly results published on CSE. I couldn't find a date

12RENU results Mar 2011 Empty Re: RENU results Mar 2011 Thu May 19, 2011 6:03 am

Slstock

Slstock

StocksWatch wrote:
slstock wrote:
ipoguru wrote:

This may be the book value as per thier accounts published. But if you consider re-valuation of their assets and investments, the figure is much higher than this. Antonym would say that it is around Rs. 475 currently Wink

This is the book value from quarter report. RENU does not seem to be doing market to market values in their annual reports possibly because it i held as long term. hey only do cost based analysis on their portfolio.

As I mentioned in my original post their portfolio value is much more . I will not iterate as Seyon had done some analysis. Further to his analysis their Land should be re-valued. Their portfolio vaule + land values should make the NV over Rs 600 easily. ( provided they did not disposed any of their logn term shares).

So RENU to me is also very attractive to medium to long term.

Last edited by slstock on Thu May 19, 2011 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total

13RENU results Mar 2011 Empty Re: RENU results Mar 2011 Thu May 19, 2011 6:14 am

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

ipoguru wrote:

Are we to take director selling seriously all the times? The looks can be deceiving.. Director can sell a part of their holding when the share matures to some price where they think its a good value to drop. On the other hand if others started sellign too, this may come down below 400 again and they can buy back for the next run..
So when we see an NAV range of 400-600 why we should sell now is the question? Are we following the director or our brains?

14RENU results Mar 2011 Empty Re: RENU results Mar 2011 Thu May 19, 2011 6:54 am

Slstock

Slstock

smallville wrote:
ipoguru wrote:

Are we to take director selling seriously all the times? The looks can be deceiving.. Director can sell a part of their holding when the share matures to some price where they think its a good value to drop. On the other hand if others started sellign too, this may come down below 400 again and they can buy back for the next run..
So when we see an NAV range of 400-600 why we should sell now is the question? Are we following the director or our brains?

Hey he only sold 1000 shares. I Must be enough for a vaction to singapore. Why worry this much.

15RENU results Mar 2011 Empty Re: RENU results Mar 2011 Thu May 19, 2011 9:32 am

ipoguru

slstock wrote:
smallville wrote:
ipoguru wrote:

Hey he only sold 1000 shares. I Must be enough for a vaction to singapore. Why worry this much.

I checked their last quater results 2010/12/31 and before. There is not significant improvement in this quater results. Why then this is suddenly becomes attractive?

I am not being negative but want to find out the reason for this share to trade at lower P/E. Market is not that dumb there should be a reason to trade this at lower P/E.

16RENU results Mar 2011 Empty Re: RENU results Mar 2011 Fri May 20, 2011 8:20 pm

ipoguru

ipoguru wrote:
slstock wrote:
smallville wrote:
ipoguru wrote:

I checked their last quater results 2010/12/31 and before. There is not significant improvement in this quater results. Why then this is suddenly becomes attractive?

I am not being negative but want to find out the reason for this share to trade at lower P/E. Market is not that dumb there should be a reason to trade this at lower P/E.

I bought few shares of RENU yesterday at 390 level.. It seems very illiquid and as I see somebody trying to keep the price down or is it mere selling pressure of retailers.

If the NAVPS is 400 I will wait till this rise to at least 600. What is your target Antonym?

17RENU results Mar 2011 Empty Re: RENU results Mar 2011 Fri May 20, 2011 8:36 pm

factFINDER

factFINDER
Manager - Equity Analytics

I aslo brought few RENU @385/- & 380/- , by Selling STAF @49.90 and REEF-W19 @ 21.20 (both with no profit or loss).

Still thinking whether i should do the same for SERV. But it is RED 16%.

18RENU results Mar 2011 Empty Re: RENU results Mar 2011 Fri May 20, 2011 9:24 pm

Antonym

Antonym

Hi, ipoguru...
You are right - RENU is illiquid. For some time now, I have had the distinct impression that the price is being kept down artificially. The sale of 1,000 shares by Lancaster is quite probably a part of the same game-plan. This is the tide; we have to swim with it, not against it...
However, as long as RENU's investment portfolio is being managed by Mr Ravi Thambiayah, I am not concerned.

After seeing the results, I have revised my exit price to Rs 600 and am willing to wait indefinitely. (To recap: Profits from Hotel operations alone have more than doubled Q on Q after refurbishment. So, future EPS is promising.)

The business is doing well; the stock will eventually follow. Smile

I just saw factFINDER's message... Guys, I hope you are doing your own independent analysis as well. Do not take buy or sell decisions based only on what people say. Money has a habit of moving from smart people to smarter people. Be smarter!

19RENU results Mar 2011 Empty Re: RENU results Mar 2011 Sat May 21, 2011 12:15 am

ipoguru

Antonym wrote:Hi, ipoguru...
You are right - RENU is illiquid. For some time now, I have had the distinct impression that the price is being kept down artificially. The sale of 1,000 shares by Lancaster is quite probably a part of the same game-plan. This is the tide; we have to swim with it, not against it...
However, as long as RENU's investment portfolio is being managed by Mr Ravi Thambiayah, I am not concerned.

After seeing the results, I have revised my exit price to Rs 600 and am willing to wait indefinitely. (To recap: Profits from Hotel operations alone have more than doubled Q on Q after refurbishment. So, future EPS is promising.)

The business is doing well; the stock will eventually follow. :)

I just saw factFINDER's message... Guys, I hope you are doing your own independent analysis as well. Do not take buy or sell decisions based only on what people say. Money has a habit of moving from smart people to smarter people. Be smarter!

Top 20 share holders hold about 88% shares. The rest hold about 75000 shares.
Top 20 share holders may know the value of share at current levels and do not want to sell.
only few from remaining 75000 is coming to market that's why its illiquid.
Some Big fish may need to collect as much as from this 75000 and hence they keep the price artificially low.

Else there should be something strange to trade at these values.

20RENU results Mar 2011 Empty Re: RENU results Mar 2011 Sat May 21, 2011 3:51 am

Slstock

Slstock

Antonym wrote:Hi, ipoguru...

The business is doing well; the stock will eventually follow. Smile

As mentioned if/when they value their long term portfolio + Land , their NAV should be 600+. So if one goes Mdeium to Long Term with this Rs 600 is decent target to keep in mind.

21RENU results Mar 2011 Empty Re: RENU results Mar 2011 Sat May 21, 2011 7:42 am

factFINDER

factFINDER

Antonym wrote:

@Antonym,

yes, I did my own analysis as well.

I had a issue of restructuring my small portfolio in order to narrow down the no of stocks. I discussed it with friends here (http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t2923-a-case-study-of-extreme-diversification-seek-your-comments-suggestion). Thanks. you also posted your openion there flower . Now, I'm in the process of restructuring it. I sold KHL @17/- with loss. and STAF and REEF-W19 without loss or profit. Still thinking about SERV. I'll going to concentrate RENU & AHUN in hotel sector.

About RENU, I first entered in to it in March 2011 at the prices 335/- to 372/-. Though I trust it I didn't want to touch it above 400/- but waiting to come down below 400/- again. I will buy more if it further down to 360-370/- levels.

Wish all of you a nice weekend!

22RENU results Mar 2011 Empty Re: RENU results Mar 2011 Sat May 21, 2011 10:36 pm

StocksWatch

I have calculated the anticipated dividend income for RENU for the Mar - Jun 2011 quater at Rs. 56 million. That is Rs. 8 per share. This will be reflected in the other income category of next quaterly report. (Dividends income calculated based on RENU's portfolio as published in the last available annual report)

On top of this, the company has shown remarkable increase in the profit from hotel operations in the recently published financial report which is a good sign.

Overall the future of RENU is promising to me. Do your own analysis and decide.

Last edited by StocksWatch on Sat May 21, 2011 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Quater changed from Jan - Mar to Mar - Jun 2011.)

23RENU results Mar 2011 Empty Re: RENU results Mar 2011 Sat May 21, 2011 10:42 pm

kam2011

StocksWatch wrote:I have calculated the anticipated dividend income for RENU for the Jan - Mar 2011 quater at Rs. 56 million. That is Rs. 8 per share. This will be reflected in the other income category of next quaterly report. (Dividends income calculated based on RENU's portfolio as published in the last available annual report)

On top of this, the company has shown remarkable increase in the profit from hotel operations in the recently published financial report which is a good sign.

I totaly agree with your views on RENU.

24RENU results Mar 2011 Empty Re: RENU results Mar 2011 Sat May 21, 2011 10:48 pm

StocksWatch

kam2011 wrote:
StocksWatch wrote:I have calculated the anticipated dividend income for RENU for the Jan - Mar 2011 quater at Rs. 56 million. That is Rs. 8 per share. This will be reflected in the other income category of next quaterly report. (Dividends income calculated based on RENU's portfolio as published in the last available annual report)

I totaly agree with your views on RENU.

Sorry just saw a typo in my post. The 56 million dividend income can be expected for Mar - Jun 2011 quater and not Jan - Mar quater. This is now corrected in my original post above.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum