FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Yesterday at 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Yesterday at 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by God Father Yesterday at 5:37 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Yesterday at 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Yesterday at 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE

+12
NZ BOY
sudheeee
mdcpk1975
swarnasana
fireshelter
opfdo
piras
Siva08
gayanath1983
Nuwan Samarawickrama
Market R
RPPA
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Empty ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:07 pm

RPPA

Expert
Expert

SHL is highly geared company by taking out the public deposit part of Rs.9.50Bn. They have additional borrowings of Rs.44.20 against the share holders funds of Rs.13.80Bn. So think buying SHL is feasible or not.

Though don't forget they have acquired ODEL @ 22/- per share by a special M/T facility obtained from HNB. Which is another major risk taken by SHL like what Rishan did (PCH) to finally be almost bankrupt.

So can the ODEL share price come below 22/- to be in the safe side.i would say no at least in the short term.If it comes down SHL is in serious trouble to fill the shortfall.

Currently after the major share holders sold out 22,728,567 available in free float which is 8.64% of the issued quantity.So the company is not complying with the 10% minimum float requirement. But from that volume at least 5Mn-8Mn shares should have been collected plus mandatory offer to mature.

So i would say this stock will be pushed to a level which Mr.Pathirage is comfortable with.

So on logical view point i would say buy ODEL at current prices.
Don't forget what happen to AAIC which had some twists as well.

2ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Empty Re: ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:48 pm

Market R

Market R
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Noted with thanks Smile

3ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Empty Re: ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:05 pm

Nuwan Samarawickrama

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

4ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Empty Re: ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:08 pm

gayanath1983

gayanath1983
Vice President - Equity Analytics

thanxxxx

5ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Empty Re: ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:13 am

RPPA

Expert
Expert

RPPA wrote:SHL is highly geared company by taking out the public deposit part of Rs.9.50Bn. They have additional borrowings of Rs.44.20 against the share holders funds of Rs.13.80Bn. So think buying SHL is feasible or not.

Though don't forget they have acquired ODEL @ 22/- per share by a special M/T facility obtained from HNB. Which is another major risk taken by SHL like what Rishan did (PCH) to finally be almost bankrupt.

So can the ODEL share price come below 22/- to be in the safe side.i would say no at least in the short term.If it comes down SHL is in serious trouble to fill the shortfall.

Currently after the major share holders sold out 22,728,567 available in free float which is 8.64% of the issued quantity.So the company is not complying with the 10% minimum float requirement. But from that volume at least 5Mn-8Mn shares should have been collected plus mandatory offer to mature.

So i would say this stock will be pushed to a level which Mr.Pathirage is comfortable with.

Think about this as well

6ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Empty Re: ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:14 am

Siva08

Manager - Equity Analytics

Dear RPPA, can you pls tell us, the short term target price for ODEL Question Very Happy

7ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Empty Re: ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:16 am

RPPA

Expert
Expert

Siva08 wrote:Dear RPPA, can you pls tell us, the short term target price for ODEL Question Very Happy

I would not like to tell a price. But 28-30 for sure.

8ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Empty Re: ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:18 am

Siva08

Tks RPPA.

9ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Empty Re: ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:19 am

Nuwan Samarawickrama

RPPA wrote:
Siva08 wrote:Dear RPPA, can you pls tell us, the short term target price for ODEL Question Very Happy

Is this price good for buy ???

10ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Empty Re: ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:31 am

RPPA

Expert
Expert

Nuwan Samarawickrama wrote:
RPPA wrote:

Is this price good for buy ???

24 OR BELOW GOOD

11ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Empty Re: ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:39 am

Market R

Market R

No much intrest on this share up to now in this forum. When the run starts every one will buy at high price. I also slowly collecting this share. After I saw a bull sign I will collect more. At that time my average price will be low than market price because I collected some at low price.

12ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Empty Re: ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:42 am

RPPA

Expert
Expert

Market R wrote:No much intrest on this share up to now in this forum. When the run starts every one will buy at high price. I also slowly collecting this share. After I saw a bull sign I will collect more. At that time my average price will be low than market price because I collected some at low price.

Good strategy mate.
You will win for sure. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

13ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Empty Re: ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:45 pm

RPPA

Expert
Expert

RPPA wrote:SHL is highly geared company by taking out the public deposit part of Rs.9.50Bn. They have additional borrowings of Rs.44.20 against the share holders funds of Rs.13.80Bn. So think buying SHL is feasible or not.

Don't forget above when it come to ODEL. Just think.

14ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Empty Re: ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:49 pm

Nuwan Samarawickrama

RPPA wrote:

Don't forget above when it come to ODEL. Just think.

Thanx Boss,

I brought according to you instruction. 

My cost is 24.00

15ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Empty Re: ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:14 pm

piras

piras

Smile Smile Smile

16ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Empty Re: ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:59 pm

opfdo

opfdo

agree with you & despite of that, I like to give you few highlights on their 30th June financials,

Compared with same quarter last year
Gross profit up by 11%
Operating profit down by 57% - due to increase of the admin expenses & decrease of the other income
Profit for the year down by 93% - because of operating profit down & finance cost increased
Recorded EPS 0.01 whereas last year 0.24

Net asset value 19.07 down by 0.11 compare to 31/03/2014
Current ratio is good, it is 1.78
Quick ratio is 1.01 which is good as well
Poor cash flow, having a liquidity issue & totally depending on short term Internet bearing borrowing (that is why finance cost high)

For me ODEL is at over trading position, their sales increased but receivable & inventories increased more than that. Trade payable not increased much when compare to the receivable. It means, they have given more credit to customers but not obtain more credit from suppliers. Further they have aquired property, plant & equipment since they are trying to expand, but using short term borrowings. those are the symptoms of over trading, this can happen when company try to do too many things too quickly using short term finance.

This can be directed to insolvency that is end point of this scenario.

What they can do......

Should revisit their Credit Control policy.
Should increased their sales & managing low inventory levels.
Go for factoring & reduce cost of maintain receivables.
etc

Why SHL is taking that risk....i do not understand

17ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Empty Re: ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:07 pm

fireshelter

fireshelter
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

it will

18ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Empty Re: ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:14 pm

swarnasana

Current date/time is Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:42 pm

Anything wrong?

19ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Empty Re: ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:19 pm

mdcpk1975

Remember, what SHL did with AAIC...they purchased almost 90% as I remember from Asia capital and later managed to find 2 foriegn buyers to sell considerable amount with a big short term profit..they may do the same thing to ODEL ..when price shoots up after the mandatory offer is over ..they might divest balance shares keeping 51% with them with a capital gain...Mr. pathirage is an experience businessman.. meeyak kadanne atha leva kanda nemeine

20ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Empty Re: ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:33 am

RPPA

Expert
Expert

RPPA wrote:

Think about this as well

What more can i do. I did an open discussion about this subject.
Friends who bought are benefiting now.

21ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Empty Re: ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:39 am

piras

piras

Is it good to exit now or keeping will be benefit. Now it touch Rs.27.

22ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Empty Re: ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:41 am

RPPA

Expert
Expert

piras wrote:Is it good to exit now or keeping will be benefit. Now it touch Rs.27.

28-30 VERY POSSIBLE

23ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Empty Re: ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:35 pm

sudheeee

sudheeee

possible or not possible..letz c

24ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Empty Re: ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:37 pm

NZ BOY

NZ BOY

30++++++++ possible today or next market day

25ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Empty Re: ODEL SHARE PRICE WILL MOVE Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:02 pm

Dr Stock

Dr Stock
Co-Admin

With less public holding Rs 30/= target is achievable.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum