FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Today at 9:08 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Yesterday at 9:13 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Wed May 15, 2024 1:58 pm

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who says local stock market investors are foolish!

+3
NZ BOY
player
Sstar
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sstar

Sstar
Vice President - Equity Analytics

There is a wrong perception that foreign investors are much smarter than local investors.
Foreigners buy when local investors sell in the market downturn. Go back to the history and who made money. Local or the foreign investors?

Rusi Captain is the best example!!

player

player

Foreigners know the reality that our president will win again. But our locals going to sell low now and thinking to buy lower in coming days. Razz GL to them

NZ BOY

NZ BOY

player wrote:Foreigners know the reality that our president will win again. But our locals going to sell low now and thinking to buy lower in coming days. Razz GL to them

@Player Good to see you are back in to the forum

Sstar

Sstar

player wrote:Foreigners know the reality that our president will win again. But our locals going to sell low now and thinking to buy lower in coming days. Razz GL to them

Foreign investors are mainly from Western Countries. So with this so called western conspiracy you think they are buying shares expecting MR to win? I Don't think so. They may be expecting Mithree to win and their western government and allies can start controlling and destabilizing Sri Lanka again. Just like they did before.

I am referring to foreign investment into the stock market and not Chinese loans for infrastructure development.

Sstar

Sstar

Most foreign investors look for 20% return whilst local investor target 80%.

suku502

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

In My View , Whoever wins in next president, Foreigners will have the Better off . why can't understand the simple theory. " Present MKT ok under the Govt of MR , and if it changes, then MS .UNP will govern the Country and will more Better Off" . then tell me ,who is the real winner.this simple theory can't be understood by our poor investors. even our brokers have sold shares without informing shareholders at lost.if it is ok ,if they sell at profit . my few friend declared that their stocks had been sold at loss these days . they are very disappointing about their brokers.

in my view , 100 % sure that somehow MR will win the Next President.

tell me how Local Investors Target 80%, when Mkt is ok , it will up within ONE HOUR . How many of them will be able to catch the express train since it is stop at long distance in few stations.

already foreigners have taken the RISK and they have target 80% and Local will gain 20%.

what happened early, those who had the Money could earn Millions and Million because they could buy shares at lowest price.small investors were not able to corp with MKT and sooner they Left the MKT with empty hand.it happend becourse of that thir ingnorance.

in my view , i don't sell shares this situation and keep. i will average my all the shares in portfolio.

Let see who will gain the 80%???? Question Question Question Question cyclops cyclops cyclops

Sstar

Sstar

suku502 wrote:In My View , Whoever wins in next president, Foreigners will have the Better off . why can't understand the simple theory. " Present MKT ok under the Govt of MR , and if it changes, then MS .UNP will govern the Country and will more Better Off" . then tell me ,who is the real winner.this simple theory can't be understood by our poor investors. even our brokers have sold shares without informing shareholders at lost.if it is ok  ,if they sell at profit . my few friend declared that their stocks had been sold at loss these days . they are very disappointing about their brokers.

in my view , 100 % sure that somehow MR will win the Next President.

tell me how Local Investors Target 80%, when Mkt is ok , it will up within ONE HOUR . How many of them will be able to catch the express train since it is stop at long distance in few stations.

already foreigners have taken the RISK and they have target 80% and Local will gain 20%.

what happened early, those who had the Money could earn Millions and Million because they could buy shares at lowest price.small investors were not able to corp with MKT and sooner they Left the MKT with empty hand.it happend becourse of that thir ingnorance.

in my view , i don't sell shares this situation and keep. i will average my all the shares in portfolio.

Let see who will gain the 80%???? Question Question Question Question cyclops cyclops cyclops

This year local investors have made more than 80%. So we are looking at only the next year. Foreigner came late and still they have made only around 33%. Who is smart. Rusi Captain or Raj Rajaratnam.

Octopus

Octopus
Expert
Expert

Sstar wrote:

Foreign investors are mainly from Western Countries. So with this so called western conspiracy you think they are buying shares expecting MR to win?  I Don't think so. They may be expecting Mithree to win and their western government and allies can start controlling and destabilizing Sri Lanka again. Just like they did before.

I am referring to foreign investment into the stock market and not Chinese loans for infrastructure development.

Sstar, <<<>>>> 100% disagree. silly saying...!
No they don't invest to destabilize the country.
they invest in stock market to gain profits.

In terms of the investments,
As a foreign investors, they can see country is going a head but there is no LAW and Order.
They think if MS wins, good

But locals know the real scene here, they know their 6-8 months profits could vanish in couple of days if something relay bad happens like social unrest, assassination etc.

When the foreigners realize how bad and dangerous sri Lankan politics are, they will start selling.
Or if there is very bad thing happen in future, they will dump shares like rotten fish.

Octopus

Octopus
Expert
Expert

Octopus wrote:
Sstar wrote:

Foreign investors are mainly from Western Countries. So with this so called western conspiracy you think they are buying shares expecting MR to win?  I Don't think so. They may be expecting Mithree to win and their western government and allies can start controlling and destabilizing Sri Lanka again. Just like they did before.

Sstar, <<<>>>> 100% disagree. silly saying...!
No they don't invest to destabilize the country.

As a foreign investor myself, I can see that the country is going a head but there is no LAW and Order. so foreigners think if MS wins, good

But locals know the real scene here, they know their 6-8 months profits could vanish in couple of days if something relay bad happens like social unrest, assassination etc.

so they want to preserve their wealth at the same time buy the stocks at lower price.

When the foreigners realize how bad and dangerous sri Lankan politics are, they will start selling too.Specially if My3 starts getting stronger
Or if there is very bad thing happen in future, foreigners will dump shares like rotten fish.

Last edited by Octopus on Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Octopus

Octopus
Expert
Expert

Octopus wrote:
Octopus wrote:
Sstar wrote:

Sstar, <<<>>>> 100% disagree. what a silly saying...!
No they don't invest in stock market to destabilize the country.

As a foreign investor myself, I can see that the country is going a head but there is no LAW and Order. so foreigners think if MS wins, it is good to the country with UNP beside. or if MR wins alteast there is no change' d take place.either way it is healthy.

But locals know the real drama in SL, they know their 6-8 months profits could vanish in couple of days if something relay bad happens like social unrest, assassination etc.

When the foreigners realize how bad and dangerous sri Lankan politics are, they will start selling.
Specially if there is bad thing happen in future, they will dump shares like rotten fish.

Bears are taking control.

Octopus

Octopus
Expert
Expert

Octopus wrote:
Octopus wrote:
Octopus wrote:
Sstar wrote:

Sstar, <<<>>>> 100% disagree. what a silly saying...!
No they don't invest in stock market to destabilize the country.

As a foreign investor myself, I can see that the country is going a head but there is no LAW and Order. so foreigners think if MS wins, it is good to the country with UNP beside. or if MR wins alteast there is no change' d take place.either way it is healthy.

But locals know the real  drama in SL, they know their 6-8 months profits could vanish in couple of days if something relay bad happens like social unrest, assassination etc.

When the foreigners realize how bad and dangerous sri Lankan politics are with just one concurring of above mentioned , they will start selling.
they will dump shares like rotten fish.

Bears are taking control.

SporeInvestor

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

I am a foreign investor and I would assume that the majority of us see that there is tremendous potential in sri lanka. Sri Lanka was once looked upto by Singapore and I believe in time with the correct political climate sri lanka is bound to overtake Singapore. Regardless of whose side you are on.. politically, there is progress and I believe regardless of which side wins the battle the long term potential of the sri Lankan economy cannot be destroyed in the interim. Those who have the wherewithal to see this topsy turvy market turmoil will be winners.
Give some credit to your foreign players, we aren't all here with ulterior motives. We are here to share the rewards.

Sarabulathwita

Sarabulathwita

They are wise

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum