FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by glad Today at 9:27 am

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by D.G.Dayaratne Yesterday at 7:28 am

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Fri May 17, 2024 9:08 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Banner: Reflects the Current Sentiments

+3
NC
RPPA
Sstar
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sstar

Sstar
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

As many requested, we have decided to change the Banner. The new banner reflects and depicts the current situation in different way. Without the faces of the Politicians.

I am sure few of you guys could understand what its mean?

One man is shaking the tree and realizing his profits whilst the other man is watering the Tree and expecting more profits in the future!!

Both men are from the Colombo Stock Market.. Smile

Share Your Comments!

RPPA

Expert
Expert

Sstar wrote:As many requested, we have decided to change the Banner. The new banner reflects and depicts the current situation in different way. Without the faces of the Politicians.

I am sure few of you guys could understand what its mean?

One man is shaking the tree and realizing his profits whilst the other man is watering the Tree and expecting more profits in the future!!

Both men are from the Colombo Stock Market.. Smile

Share Your Comments!

Sstar

What I feel is we always need to put water & fertiliser to make the plant to become a tree.But it is not quite right if people expect a bigger crop before it reached the maturity stage of growth. Very Happy

But you have made a change. That is appreciated by me. Very Happy

NC

NC
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

So new banner reflects the sentiment ??? really??
How you measure the sentiment from a wallpaper or you try to show your sentiment...

Then what about the wallpaper since from last week, sentiment quickly changed just drop around 100 points last Friday..??
As per my knowledge wallpaper has been changed on monthly basis. But this is the 3rd time this month wallpaper changed...

And now you say "As many requested, we have decided to change the Banner". After seven days from request you decided. Great.. Razz
When last Sunday IO3 requested to change the wallaper publicly, the post was removed. (And China face; we have no any issue with that face, (it just looks forum chinese) but many members asked to change, but it wasn't)

This's not the way I believe it to be happen. I have no any personal issue with any member but I'm having a issue with policies of sstar. I know when there're more members its not easy to manage. But a forum should not be handled to fulfill the needs and wants of some one or few members...

Thank you.

IO3+O

No matter who ever is selected this image and decided to replace with previous one is the most appropriate decision taken by the SLEF management and credit should be given to them. This is an excellent cool one for the eyes and now the impression about the forum is gradually increasing without any hassle. The image is describing more meaningful idea for any type of investor!..  Smile

But please do not put political related banners hereafter forever. This image in better than any other and this can be used for the future also and if you can please do not put mind boggling images (that is very unpleasant) just like chinese, slef people, cse people, sec people, etc. Thanks. Very Happy  

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert

“One man is shaking the tree and realizing his profits whilst the other man is watering the Tree and expecting more profits in the future!!’

Some other men cannot realize profit as they bought at higher prices. If they bought them for mid and long term due to their specific reasons they will ignore short term volatility. Everybody make mistakes. Some sell winning stocks and keep weak stocks. Some sell stocks too early n a major uptrend. Some wait for until top the market and they also can lose if their stock reverses unexpectedly. If we can identify stocks for all type of seasons then we can avoid losses.

Money grows on tree. Those companies having valuable tree will have good income in the future.

I like the idea of watering tree. We have to look after like a child.

“Sstar

What I feel is we always need to put water & fertiliser to make the plant to become a tree.But it is not quite right if people expect a bigger crop before it reached the maturity stage of growth. New Banner: Reflects the Current Sentiments C:\Users\LAXANA\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image001 

But you have made a change. That is appreciated by me. New Banner: Reflects the Current Sentiments C:\Users\LAXANA\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image001

We can expect bigger crop from some companies in the future. Business start as small and then they become big. If we analyse history even some big companies also have disappeared or underperformed. Then there are emerging companies (stocks), commodities and currencies. Some weak companies will become strong companies when they make their companies turnaround companies and maintain their growth. I think we can find these types of companies in diversify banking, hotels, health, plantations, production and power and energy sector etc.

Finally different analyst value stock differently.  Therefore, we also should have idea about valuations as there can be judgement of errors. It is better to focus on some out of favour stocks too as they are less crowded and less prone to future selling. Some stocks have appreciated quite lot and in some case they are over valued. Therefore value stocks are the best stocks in the current market situation. Even commodity stocks can shine from 2015 onwards. In addition this is not the first stage of current major uptrend. When we pick stocks we should keep in mind about next stages of current major uptrend.

Good luck.

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

Appreciate Sstar, the change .... cheers

THILANGAF

Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

good move..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]