FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Today at 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Today at 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Yesterday at 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Yesterday at 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Yesterday at 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Yesterday at 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

winning stocks next week

+13
Gainer
shadow walker
raider
thenuwara
piras
vimasanno
jaya
worthiness
stockback
VALUEPICK
kumarweerarathne
geshan.weerakkody
guruji
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1winning  stocks  next  week Empty winning stocks next week Fri May 01, 2015 11:42 am

guruji

guruji
Manager - Equity Analytics

Hope esl,parq,sira,any ideas

2winning  stocks  next  week Empty Re: winning stocks next week Fri May 01, 2015 11:49 am

geshan.weerakkody

geshan.weerakkody

ESL and CFVF - hope people doesn't look at quarterly results and start selling.

Obviously quarterly results won't be good as the interest rate drama took place last quarter

But these are good shares - so if you don't want to see bad quarterly results don't buy (and for people who hold - Sell ! )

3winning  stocks  next  week Empty Re: winning stocks next week Fri May 01, 2015 11:51 am

kumarweerarathne

kumarweerarathne
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

TJL
LGL
ESL
CFVF
OSEA
JINS

4winning  stocks  next  week Empty Re: winning stocks next week Fri May 01, 2015 12:06 pm

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert

We should see new winning stocks from next week onwards.

There are lot of undervalued neglected stocks which underperformed the broader market during last one year. It could be due to some reasons.

Analysts were busy with doing research on popular stocks. So they also have missed some future wining stocks in the market.
At the beginning of bull market few blue chips and financial stocks had great demand and other crowds also stayed on the popular stocks of the day.

As market is in the middle of current bull market, other out of favour stocks should appreciate in the coming months. These types of neglected stocks should go up due to great value, earnings surprises, turnaround situation and market trend. We find out of favour undervalued stocks almost every sector such as productions, banking, diversify, plantations, Food/poultry and beverages and hotels. They have more value than other stocks in the market. There are cheap and very attractive. It is time to identify great winners in the market.

5winning  stocks  next  week Empty Re: winning stocks next week Fri May 01, 2015 12:23 pm

stockback

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

geshan.weerakkody wrote:ESL and CFVF - hope people doesn't look at quarterly results and start selling.

Obviously quarterly results won't be good as the interest rate drama took place last quarter

But these are good shares - so if you don't want to see bad quarterly results don't buy (and for people who hold - Sell ! )

about ESL. I think they got some bonds from 30 Years Bond with good rates(You Can think it has a Rummer. maybe true maybe false. believe or not your decision (any problem I am save now)

Example
if they got 200 Millions
additional Capital gain is around 180 Millions for this bond.
I hope they got some bonds from 30 Years Bond

then 31.03.2015 quarters is not Bad.

Maybe I am wrong. we have to wait bit

6winning  stocks  next  week Empty Re: winning stocks next week Fri May 01, 2015 12:56 pm

worthiness

Well, if such bonds run about 30 years, annual income earned out of that investment should be registered as interest income earned. That income earned should be reflected in quarterly accounts. If not, in annual accounts with a note given to financial statements.

7winning  stocks  next  week Empty Re: winning stocks next week Fri May 01, 2015 2:12 pm

geshan.weerakkody

geshan.weerakkody

We're talking last quarter. So no time to make profits.

What i am saying is that they are GOOD stocks. But the quarterly P&L will look bad. Don't expect it to be good.

If you want a good P&L figure for last quarter, choose some other share.

stockback wrote:
geshan.weerakkody wrote:ESL and CFVF - hope people doesn't look at quarterly results and start selling.

about ESL. I think they got some bonds from  30 Years Bond with good rates(You Can think it has a Rummer. maybe true maybe false. believe or not your decision (any problem I am save now)

Example
if they got 200 Millions

8winning  stocks  next  week Empty Re: winning stocks next week Fri May 01, 2015 2:32 pm

stockback

geshan.weerakkody wrote:We're talking last quarter. So no time to make profits.

What i am saying is that they are GOOD stocks. But the quarterly P&L will look bad. Don't expect it to be good.

stockback wrote:

about ESL. I think they got some bonds from  30 Years Bond with good rates(You Can think it has a Rummer. maybe true maybe false. believe or not your decision (any problem I am save now)

Example
if they got 200 Millions

Have you sold your holdings?

9winning  stocks  next  week Empty Re: winning stocks next week Fri May 01, 2015 3:05 pm

jaya

VFIN,SFIN,LFIN,PLC,UBC,CDB. BRWN,SEYB

10winning  stocks  next  week Empty Re: winning stocks next week Fri May 01, 2015 3:18 pm

geshan.weerakkody

geshan.weerakkody

I am on medium term hold and decide later.

Previous quarter was a loss and we saw people selling like crazy after high expectations were created and then getting disappointed.

This time also the P&L will be bad (though net assets, etc are good).

What i am saying is don't expect good profits last quarter from these GOOD shares.

stockback wrote:

stockback wrote:

Example
if they got 200 Millions

11winning  stocks  next  week Empty Re: winning stocks next week Fri May 01, 2015 4:37 pm

stockback

geshan.weerakkody wrote:I am on medium term hold and decide later.

Previous quarter was a loss and we saw people selling like crazy after high expectations were created and then getting disappointed.

What i am saying is don't expect good profits last quarter from these GOOD shares.

stockback wrote:

stockback wrote:

Example
if they got 200 Millions

People sold this stocks two, three reasons

1)29 January Budget (then after Market down turn
2)27 February CB Bond drama and Bond and Bill rates on UP trend at that time.
3)31.12.2014 quarter is losses. but actually there is no losses bcz unrealized capital losses
they have added that into report. actually no loss for last quarter they have made Rs. 2. if we romove that unrealized capital losses

but now. if 31.03.2015 quarter bad performance. what will out come for 30.06.2015 report.
after another three, four weeks all Unrealized Capital losses will be Capital gain. bcz within another 3, 4 week Annual T-Bill Rates should be below 6.00 (Now 6.39 )

actually any loss we no need to Panic this is good share. I am not expecting losses for 31.03.2015 quarter but they are not making big money.

Just 0.50 - 1.00 Rupees profit

But 30.06.2015 will be Supper quarter

12winning  stocks  next  week Empty Re: winning stocks next week Fri May 01, 2015 4:52 pm

geshan.weerakkody

geshan.weerakkody

Agree.

March quarter very small profits or a loss.

Next quarter will be good (but have to confirm with how the rates change)

stockback wrote:
geshan.weerakkody wrote:I am on medium term hold and decide later.

stockback wrote:

stockback wrote:

Example
if they got 200 Millions

People sold this stocks two, three reasons

1)29 January Budget (then after Market down turn
2)27 February CB Bond drama and Bond and Bill rates on UP trend at that time.
3)31.12.2014 quarter is losses. but actually there is no losses bcz unrealized capital losses
 they have added that into report. actually no loss for last quarter they have made Rs. 2. if we romove that unrealized capital losses

but now. if 31.03.2015 quarter bad performance. what will out come for 30.06.2015 report.
after another three, four weeks all Unrealized Capital losses will be Capital gain. bcz within another 3, 4 week Annual T-Bill Rates should be below 6.00 (Now 6.39 )

actually any loss we no need to Panic this is good share. I am not expecting losses for 31.03.2015 quarter but they are not making big money.

Just 0.50 - 1.00 Rupees  profit

But 30.06.2015 will be Supper quarter

13winning  stocks  next  week Empty Re: winning stocks next week Fri May 01, 2015 6:51 pm

worthiness

Let me add banks -
SAMP,NTB,COMB,HNB & others.....

14winning  stocks  next  week Empty Re: winning stocks next week Fri May 01, 2015 7:23 pm

vimasanno

vimasanno
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Arrow FLCH.N
Arrow PLC
Arrow CLND

Shocked  KEEP ON EYE LIOC

15winning  stocks  next  week Empty Re: winning stocks next week Fri May 01, 2015 7:49 pm

piras

piras

SEYB.X, CDB, CRL, OSEA, VFIN, VPEL and VONE

16winning  stocks  next  week Empty Re: winning stocks next week Sat May 02, 2015 10:42 am

thenuwara

thenuwara
Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Guys
for the moment do not bet on ESL as I heard from inside their last Qtr earning not good. I would suggest to wait till release of FIN and with panic selling for few days you can grab around 35+. Next qtr should be OK. Further with impending dissolution in next 2 weeks price will dip. Same goes for CFVF

17winning  stocks  next  week Empty Re: winning stocks next week Sat May 02, 2015 10:46 am

guruji

guruji

Rates stedily dropping wait

18winning  stocks  next  week Empty Re: winning stocks next week Sat May 02, 2015 11:05 am

raider

Bonds are valued mark to market not accrued interest so CFVF would have losses on the 30 year bond because the year at 31st March was 11.60% whereas they bought it at 11.22%. On the other hand, ESL bought the bond at 11.94% and 12.11% thus having capital gains on the same bond.

I feel it's better to grab ESL and CFVF at 40s range for the short to medium term or to average as the future earnings look very much on the bright side due to dipping interest rates. For instance, in the current market the 2045 bond trades within a yield band of 10.75-11%. Also, ESL could have easily done some good trading in April to cover up whatever the losses they incurred in during the 30 year bond fiasco. CFVF on the other is quite active in the corporate debt market and their other small businesses would have performed quite satisfactorily.

However, there is substantial risk as there is no clear direction on interest rates at the moment.
Wait for financials if you don't wanna burn your fingers.

19winning  stocks  next  week Empty Re: winning stocks next week Sat May 02, 2015 11:36 am

shadow walker

shadow walker
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Sleep

20winning  stocks  next  week Empty Re: winning stocks next week Sat May 02, 2015 12:07 pm

Gainer

Gainer
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

BRR,RFL,BOGA,BLI,SFL.P these stocks very illiquid counter at low price.

21winning  stocks  next  week Empty Re: winning stocks next week Sat May 02, 2015 1:18 pm

Senior Citizen

Senior Citizen
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Just lookout for Thalawakelle and ELPITIYA plantations.

22winning  stocks  next  week Empty Re: winning stocks next week Sun May 03, 2015 7:53 am

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert

Senior Citizen wrote:Just lookout for Thalawakelle and ELPITIYA plantations.

It is good to see that you are going against other crowds. If we can study personality, mid and long term trend for these two, we should be able to gain bundle of capital gain. We also should study any rebound in global tea prices from the second half of this year onwards. This market has lot of winning stocks for all types of market players such as long term; mid and short term investors and traders. There could be lot of opportunities in this market such as turnaround in companies and industry, surprise earnings, undervalued opportunities and growth opportunities etc. As market is in the middle stage of current bull market, it is time to identify new winning stocks.

Good luck!

23winning  stocks  next  week Empty Re: winning stocks next week Sun May 03, 2015 2:43 pm

stockback

raider wrote:Bonds are valued mark to market not accrued interest so CFVF would have losses on the 30 year bond because the year at 31st March was 11.60% whereas they bought it at 11.22%. On the other hand, ESL bought the bond at 11.94% and 12.11% thus having capital gains on the same bond.

I feel it's better to grab ESL and CFVF at 40s range for the short to medium term or to average as the future earnings look very much on the bright side due to dipping interest rates. For instance, in the current market the 2045 bond trades within a yield band of 10.75-11%. Also, ESL could have easily done some good trading in April to cover up whatever the losses they incurred in during the 30 year bond fiasco. CFVF on the other is quite active in the corporate debt market and their other small businesses would have performed quite satisfactorily.

However, there is substantial risk as there is no clear direction on interest rates at the moment.
Wait for financials if you don't wanna burn your fingers.

is this legal to give internal information's ?

any way I think ESL doing well compare with CFVF.
I think ESL has Small gain for 31.03.2015 quarter. but 30.06.2015 will be supper quarters for this stock.

I dont think its fall to 35 level. bcz some people wants to collect that level thats why they try to create little panic. but Interest rates falling then no need to worry about Unrealized Capital Losses.

please give me your valuable ideas..

24winning  stocks  next  week Empty Re: winning stocks next week Sun May 03, 2015 2:55 pm

stockback

thenuwara wrote:Guys
for the moment do not bet on ESL as I heard from inside their last Qtr earning not good. I would suggest to wait till release of FIN and with panic selling for few days you can grab around 35+. Next qtr should be OK. Further with impending dissolution in next 2 weeks price will dip. Same goes for CFVF

ESL release Financial on last week of May.

that mean have to go another 4 auctions

now Annual T-Bil rate is 6.39
within another 4 auctions it fall bellow 6.00 level that means no Capital losses.
I dont think its create any panic at that time.
according to 31.03.2015 March maybe they have earn little profit.

but 31.05.2015 what is the situation. when they releasing Financial report. we have to think about at that time status. if idiots doing this trading business then we can see huge panic at that level.

everything is depend on next 4 auctions and and future auctions.

any idea.....

25winning  stocks  next  week Empty Re: winning stocks next week Sun May 03, 2015 3:41 pm

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert

At different times, these interest rates speculation and interest rate management create profit and losses globally. Financial institutions are cyclical. In some situation, interest rates and credit could become two of the mass destructions in the world if players bet wrongly and if they mismanage. Every industry has risk and returns. We need to study seasonal effects to find out opportunities in the financial sector. No company can make above average profits almost all the quarters. We need to study long term trend for ESL rather than betting on one quarter. Good luck!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum