FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by God Father Yesterday at 11:23 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:48 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000)

+45
anges
nimantha80
kumarweerarathne
soileconomy
bullseye
fireshelter
peacockman
sureshot
sampath.anuradha
VISA
worthiness
Arena
wisdom79
ddrperera
raider
SUSPENS
Beta1
Gainer
kuma524
jayathu
Teller
NZ BOY
Monster
seek
cse.alpha
mark
innam
rainmaker
suja
Jiggysaurus
Chinwi
Jake Sully
salt
Redbulls
Gaja
rishanpossitive
Slstock
seyon
Fresher
Light of Hope
smallville
sriranga
kama
lokuayya
greedy
49 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

26KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:21 pm

Gaja

Associate Director - Equity Analytics

npp wrote:these two dividends should considerably reflect in RICH's dividend also I'm guessing. greedy?

or its done with the purpose of showing a certain level of profitability?

27KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:17 am

greedy

Manager - Equity Analytics

npp wrote:these two dividends should considerably reflect in RICH's dividend also I'm guessing. greedy?

RICH is a share I have not looked at much in the past & never Invested too .. I guess Smile.

RICH recent Dividend payments ;

Financial Year 2010/2011 Interim 0.20 +Final 0.10) 0.30 per share in total LKR 581mn (1,938mn shares*.30)
Financial Year 2011/2012 (Interim) 0.40 per share in total LKR775mn (1,938mn shares*.40)

I looked at RICH accounts. RICH's cash position is not that promising to pay dividends. The company not the group should have adequate cash to pay dividends. If you look at the latest accounts of RICH for the Q/E 31/12/2011, RICH at the company level has a net short term borrowings of LKR1,721mn.....

Short term borrowings (possibly ODs & other Borrowings) LKR 1,799mn
Cash at bank and in hand LKR 78mn
Net short term Borrowings LKR 1,721mn

Unless they get more dividends form subsidiary companies they wont be able to pay bigger dividends like what they paid in interim (40 cents/share).

The dividend payments coming from KGAL & NAMU can boost company level cash balances a bit;

KGAL LKR7.50 per share*17.5mn shares ======> LKR131mn
NAMU LKR4.50 per share *14.5mn shares =====> LKR66mn

Together LKR197mn dividends to RPC Planation management services limited which in turn may pay dividends to RICH. But these dividends are 10cents per share of RICH (LKR197mn/1,938mn shares of RICH).

My guess is that these dividends will not have big boost to RICH cash position to pay dividends. However, one has to consider dividends from other subsidiaries of RICH as well..

28KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:42 am

Fresher

greedy wrote:

RICH is a share I have not looked at much in the past & never Invested too .. I guess Smile.

Financial Year 2010/2011 Interim 0.20 +Final 0.10) 0.30 per share in total LKR 581mn (1,938mn shares*.30)
Financial Year 2011/2012 (Interim) 0.40 per share in total LKR775mn (1,938mn shares*.40)

I looked at RICH accounts. RICH's cash position is not that promising to pay dividends. The company not the group should have adequate cash to pay dividends. If you look at the latest accounts of RICH for the Q/E 31/12/2011, RICH at the company level has a net short term borrowings of LKR1,721mn.....

Unless they get more dividends form subsidiary companies they wont be able to pay bigger dividends like what they paid in interim (40 cents/share).

The dividend payments coming from KGAL & NAMU can boost company level cash balances a bit;

Together LKR197mn dividends to RPC Planation management services limited which in turn may pay dividends to RICH. But these dividends are 10cents per share of RICH (LKR197mn/1,938mn shares of RICH).

My guess is that these dividends will not have big boost to RICH cash position to pay dividends. However, one has to consider dividends from other subsidiaries of RICH as well..

you may have a point, but,
the recent 0.40/- dividend was anyway paid out of a non-recurrent gain.
but according to few historical reports, RICH has always maintained that amount of borrowings (group & company). Yet it paid the 0.10/- final dividend in May 2011 (0.20/- interim in Nov 2010)
this was when KGAL paid 2.50/- interim and 0.50/- final later on and NAMU paid 1/- interim and 0.70/- final later on.

*my points here are only based on the dividends paid by KGAL and NAMU this year compared to last. I have not taken the time to research any other points at this time.

29KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:15 am

greedy

npp wrote:
greedy wrote:

but according to few historical reports, RICH has always maintained that amount of borrowings (group & company). Yet it paid the 0.10/- final dividend in May 2011 (0.20/- interim in Nov 2010)
this was when KGAL paid 2.50/- interim and 0.50/- final later on and NAMU paid 1/- interim and 0.70/- final later on.

*my points here are only based on the dividends paid by KGAL and NAMU this year compared to last. I have not taken the time to research any other points at this time.

You too have a point I guess Smile. But what is the motive to sell Asian Alliance Insurance? I guess RICH was under pressure because of less dividend payments in the past. The motive for sale could be a payment of dividend.. (I'm not 100% sure)

See the dividend history

FY2011/2012========> 0.40
FY2010/2011========> 0.30
FY2009/2010========> 1.00 (before Subdivision of shares 1:15)
FY2008/2009========> Nil
FY2007/2008========> Nil

I guess a final dividend of 10 to 20 cents maximum Smile.

30KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:39 am

Slstock

Director - Equity Analytics

greedy wrote:

But what is the motive to sell Asian Alliance Insurance?

RICH has started their own insurance business. So they may have found no need to keep another as they can dispose AAIC with capital gain.

31KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:51 am

greedy

greedy

slstock wrote:
greedy wrote:

But what is the motive to sell Asian Alliance Insurance?

RICH has started their own insurance business. So they may have found no need to keep another as they can dispose AAIC with capital gain.

Ok You are right.

They sold Asian Alliance in Sept 2011 & started new Insurance company in January 2012. I mean the sale happened first. RICH could have bought the entire AAIC because Asia Capital too exited from AAIC. May be RICH found the offer price attractive.

32KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:38 am

rishanpossitive

Is today the final day for KGAL action???.XD tomorrow. Shocked

33KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:17 pm

Gaja

greedy wrote:

It seems they got some money from any other source to pay the 2nd interim dividend

34KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:23 pm

Redbulls

Redbulls

Gaja wrote:
greedy wrote:

It seems they got some money from any other source to pay the 2nd interim dividend

KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 2 Rich10

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/financials/financials.asp?ticker=RICH:SL&dataset=cashFlow&period=Q¤cy=native

35KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:33 am

greedy

greedy

Gaja wrote:
greedy wrote:

Yeah, RICH may be receiving dividends from other subsidiaries & also it has a inter-company receivable. Therefore, shouldn't be a problem to pay LKR594mn as dividends (1,938mn shares *.30 = LKR594mn).

36KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:41 am

greedy

greedy

greedy wrote:
npp wrote:
greedy wrote:

You too have a point I guess Smile. But what is the motive to sell Asian Alliance Insurance? I guess RICH was under pressure because of less dividend payments in the past. The motive for sale could be a payment of dividend.. (I'm not 100% sure)

See the dividend history

FY2008/2009========> Nil
FY2007/2008========> Nil

I was wrong here RICH has declared a 30 cents dividend compared 20 cents max I mentioned here.

It is interesting to note that RICH accumulated profit as of 31/12/2011 is LKR571mn added with two dividends from KGAL & NAMU of LKR197mn comes to a total distributable profits of LKR768mn at RICH company level.

Out of which 77% distributed as dividends now! Aggressive dividend policy.

37KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:28 am

Gaja

greedy wrote:
greedy wrote:
npp wrote:
greedy wrote:

See the dividend history

FY2008/2009========> Nil
FY2007/2008========> Nil

I was wrong here RICH has declared a 30 cents dividend compared 20 cents max I mentioned here.

It is interesting to note that RICH accumulated profit as of 31/12/2011 is LKR571mn added with two dividends from KGAL & NAMU of LKR197mn comes to a total distributable profits of LKR768mn at RICH company level.

Out of which 77% distributed as dividends now! Aggressive dividend policy.

WILL they declare a final one as well?

38KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:19 am

Slstock

Slstock

Gaja wrote:

Let look at March quarter results then we can maybe predict. But hobestly I think they have done enough for the investors already with Rs 0.7 dividends. They should keep some money to expand and reinvest.

39KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:52 am

Gaja

slstock wrote:
Gaja wrote:

Let look at March quarter results then we can maybe predict. But hobestly I think they have done enough for the investors already with Rs 0.7 dividends. They should keep some money to expand and reinvest.

I agree with u, this time there yield is very good, while they on the expansion of the retail chain, on the insurance business, also having some issues with the tea sector also i think they can't use the sales proceeds they received from the credit cards because of the loan, but why i asked that question is there have to be some reason to declare the 2nd interim dividend yesterday, they could have easily announced this as final dividend on Monday!

This time their payout is higher than expected might be due the one off gain they got, so have to wait and see how thinks going in the future.

40KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:50 pm

greedy

greedy

Gaja wrote:
slstock wrote:
Gaja wrote:

I agree with u, this time there yield is very good, while they on the expansion of the retail chain, on the insurance business, also having some issues with the tea sector also i think they can't use the sales proceeds they received from the credit cards because of the loan, but why i asked that question is there have to be some reason to declare the 2nd interim dividend yesterday, they could have easily announced this as final dividend on Monday!

This time their payout is higher than expected might be due the one off gain they got, so have to wait and see how thinks going in the future.

If that is announced on coming Monday, 2 April 2012 then it cannot be booked in the accounts for the year ending 31 March 2012. That could be the reason why they announced second interim dividend before the year end.

41KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:59 pm

Gaja

greedy wrote:
Gaja wrote:
slstock wrote:
Gaja wrote:

If that is announced on coming Monday, 2 April 2012 then it cannot be booked in the accounts for the year ending 31 March 2012. That could be the reason why they announced second interim dividend before the year end.

Thanks for the information, i feel this also they can they that they declared as interim dividends and i hope it will not brought to the accounts

42KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Kegalle cash per share Rs. 72.00 Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:56 pm

salt

salt
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Kegalle dividend should be very high this time
The way RPMC is buying it gives an indication
Its cash rich, short term investments LKR 2,900 millions & Long term investments LKR 557 million. Long term investments in group companies.

Short term investments in treasuries & repos.
If this is correct, cash per share is LKR 72.00.
They might give special dividend ( handsome) once they complete the acquisition.

Even this year EPS is not bad, LKR 18.00 per share

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/711_1339063116434.pdf

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/711_1360318417078.pdf

Last edited by salt on Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

43KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:16 pm

Slstock

Slstock

Or will they save to pay for the Wage increase gratuity?

Anyway this is the king in the sector. Has some hidden assets as well.

44KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:35 pm

salt

salt

slstock wrote:Or will they save to pay for the Wage increase gratuity?

You mean to say retirement benefit obligation will increase from current 400 million to Rs. 2.2 billion? Is it sensible?

Slstock, you are a senior member... Make your own calculation and present us figures
This wage bill also a nonsense headline like BFL' s so called BOI. Farm in Puttalam.

45KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:57 pm

Slstock

Slstock

All I am saying is that there is a possiblity for KGAL to not go for a massive dividend as there is extra expenses due to wage issue. They might they might not.

Who said anything about gratuity is going to be 2.2 billion.

Look at 2011 June quarter report how they handled the wage issue.

KGAL is cash rich, Yes. If you search forum I have commented on KGAL cash rich position several times.
I already said to me this is the king of the sector.

We can't say they will definetly pay a huge dividend because they are cash rich and have investments. RENU is in almost the same boat but they are stingy.

Also if you look at KGAL dividend history they have not been consistent. Last time yes they paid rs 7.5 . But time before that? Maybe this time they will keep the new high dividend trend going.

On consistency matter, I see 1 other rival plantation company giving consistent % wise high dividends over the years.

RPC collecting can be for dividend or maybe they have other plans due to Kgal hidden asset ;-)

This is only giving a different view. They may pay a high dividend.

You don;t have get upset like this becaucse I gave a different thought. I will be happy if they give a massive dividend.
I already hold some other plantation sector shares. And any sector run will benefit me.

salt wrote:
slstock wrote:Or will they save to pay for the Wage increase gratuity?

You mean to say retirement benefit obligation will increase from current 400 million to Rs. 2.2 billion? Is it sensible?

Slstock, you are a senior member... Make your own calculation and present us figures
This wage bill also a nonsense headline like BFL' s so called BOI. Farm in Puttalam.

46KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:04 pm

Jake Sully

Jake Sully

Lunu's initial argument is valid. I.e. when a related party keeps on buying means, most most most of the time dividends going to be lovely. BUT they don't have a consistent dividend record.

47KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:06 pm

Jake Sully

Jake Sully

Of course they will pay dividend but will it be same as last year?

48KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:08 pm

Slstock

Slstock

Also note RPC has been buying KGAL from time to time. I remember in 2011 august to septemebr they bought KGAL at Rs 140+

Also when the share price was around Rs 80 in early 2012.

Jake Sully wrote:Lunu's initial argument is valid. I.e. when a related party keeps on buying means, most most most of the time dividends going to be lovely. BUT they don't have a consistent dividend record.

49KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:10 pm

Jake Sully

Jake Sully

Same situ for LHL. Hope they will pay more than last year as the RP is buying continuously.

50KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:27 pm

Gaja

Am not certain about the dividend, but one thing i noted in the last few days they wanted to achieve more than 75%, now they did it! but what is the intention behind it?

51KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:28 pm

Slstock

Slstock

Gaja,

I already hinted one possible reason ;-)

Gaja wrote:Am not certain about the dividend, but one thing i noted in the last few days they wanted to achieve more than 75%, now they did it! but what is the intention behind it?

52KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:33 pm

Gaja

slstock wrote:
Gaja,

Gaja wrote:Am not certain about the dividend, but one thing i noted in the last few days they wanted to achieve more than 75%, now they did it! but what is the intention behind it?

Are u referring this

Hmm, sadly I sold my KGAL for a need but KGAL is real value share in the sector. Hmm is RPC looking at a hidden asset in KGAL ;-) ?

53KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:37 pm

Slstock

Slstock

Well I mentioned the same in this post also about the hidden asset . Actually it is not that hidden if one looks.

I did not want to say it outright and give all info . No fun right. Leave people interested do some work themselves right Smile

Gaja wrote:
slstock wrote:
Gaja,

Are u referring this

Hmm, sadly I sold my KGAL for a need but KGAL is real value share in the sector. Hmm is RPC looking at a hidden asset in KGAL ;-) ?

54KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:20 pm

salt

salt

@slstock,
Such a long explanation. To be frank, this whole argument about wage is fallacy
It's nothing extraordinary, this plantation industry is one of the oldest industry & wage has been going up throughout the history. We knew about this since our childhood. Industry is however coping with it.

I agree with you on rest of the thing..

55KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC  (KGAL.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000) Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:39 pm

Chinwi

Chinwi

salt wrote:@slstock,
Such a long explanation. To be frank, this whole argument about wage is fallacy
It's nothing extraordinary, this plantation industry is one of the oldest industry & wage has been going up throughout the history. We knew about this since our childhood. Industry is however coping with it.

I agree with you on rest of the thing..

In this case I agree with salt 100%.

Few weeks ago, I did some rough study on paper for some plantation companies to see whether there is a mammoth impact in their outcome due to this wage issue.

I took 6-7 year quarterly data for consideration and management costs, other costs , revenue etc. were tabled separately to study.

Surprisingly the impact by the so called wage devil was negligible for some companies. There were some other reasons for up and down in time to time in their bottom-line.

I cannot give exact details or names of the stocks. I did it in very lazy manner to verify my thinking. Because I had the suspicion about this so called wage devil for many months.

This misconception generalized to the entire industry could be a reason for the delaying of plantation rally.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum