FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Today at 9:08 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Yesterday at 9:13 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Wed May 15, 2024 1:58 pm

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

My observation of current market

+4
jayathu
Joe007
VALUEPICK
EquityChamp
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My observation of current market Empty My observation of current market Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:29 am

EquityChamp

EquityChamp

Guys,
We have seen good financial results so far but what has happned to their share prices, they are going down. Some examples are PARQ,BFL,ALUF.

So what do you think about the similar companies who are expected to come out with good results in the current context? It is advisable for you to think twice before act.

This is my observation but not backed with my technical analysis.
Thanks

2My observation of current market Empty Re: My observation of current market Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:52 am

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert

We need to study personality of above three stocks as well to get some capital gain. Time to time they may have minor volatility.   Only earnings will drive stock prices in the mid and long run. Remember all of above three are commodity users. Commodity users are one of the category that going to outperform other stocks in global stock markets.

It is better to concentrate on few outstanding stocks separated from the market now.

3My observation of current market Empty Re: My observation of current market Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:39 am

Joe007

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Equitychamp,
I strongly agree your comments and I have expected the same. You know due to uncertainty market conditions in the world.

4My observation of current market Empty Re: My observation of current market Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:48 am

Joe007

It is going to drag down a lots of shares which reports are expected much worse than before. If you have analysed the all shares in the CSE then you will see the truth. So I believe the recovery of index is not short time considering only local market conditions. In that case just imagine what will happen if the world stock markets starts to deteriorate worse than before......

That is the reason some best stocks are not picking up.

5My observation of current market Empty Re: My observation of current market Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:24 pm

jayathu

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Current market is not for trading purposes, its for suited for long term purposes. 

Even though most of the companies showing strong reports (CCS,LWL,TILE, PARQ n etc...) market is dragging down due to deteriorating fundamentals of the economy.  

Following articles will show what i'm saying.  
http://www.economynext.com/Sri_Lanka_forex_reserves_drop_by_a_billion_dollars_to_US$6.3bn_in_Jan-3-4188-1.html 

http://www.ft.lk/article/523838/IMF-positive-but-insists-SL-needs-to-do-more 

Quite from the above article “However, the government fiscal deficit for 2015 is estimated to have exceeded the original budget target. Based on the budget framework for 2016, IMF staff estimates suggest the fiscal deficit could widen further"

6My observation of current market Empty Re: My observation of current market Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:27 pm

sheildskye

sheildskye
Manager - Equity Analytics

EquityChamp wrote:Guys,
We have seen good financial results so far but what has happned to their share prices, they are going down. Some examples are PARQ,BFL,ALUF.

So what do you think about the similar companies who are expected to come out with good results in the current context? It is advisable for you to think twice before act.

Thanks
What about AEL, they are strong!

7My observation of current market Empty Re: My observation of current market Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:32 pm

Avon

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Thanks

Certainly shares that report good earnings will appreciate. PARQ was trading at 50 2 weeks back and now at 60+, almost 20% gain. People are taking profits and once its over price will move.

BFL moves with GRAN and TAFL. When these results are out all will move.

ALUF may have posted good rsults but is trading at a high PE. There is no reason for this to move until earnings catch up with the share price.

Look at LWL, TILE, RCL  - they are moving up gradually.

If you want to watch the ASI and wait that's fine, but dont scare others. You can easily make profits even in this market.

8My observation of current market Empty Re: My observation of current market Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:10 pm

Avon

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Also as Jayathu says the current market is not suited for trading, you cannot expect to buy today and make money tomorrow. But shares that report good earnings will hold their ground and will appreciate fast when the overall market improves. In other words I am saying this is the best time to buy and not wait till the market recovers as you may not be able to buy shares with strong earnings at the current prices.

9My observation of current market Empty Re: My observation of current market Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:48 am

wisdom78

Avon wrote:

Thanks

Certainly shares that report good earnings will appreciate. PARQ was trading at 50 2 weeks back and now at 60+, almost 20% gain. People are taking profits and once its over price will move.

ALUF may have posted good rsults but is trading at a high PE. There is no reason for this to move until earnings catch up with the share price.

If you want to watch the ASI and wait that's fine, but dont scare others. You can easily make profits even in this market.
Yes Mr.  Avon he is selfish personal as well cunning man . Read his posts careful why he posting like this
He posting like malla poll like that. Unfortunately we watched his posts.

10My observation of current market Empty Re: My observation of current market Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:43 am

EquityChamp

EquityChamp

wisdom78 wrote:
Avon wrote:

Thanks

Yes Mr.  Avon he is selfish personal as well cunning man . Read his posts careful why he posting like this

wisdom78 or fake karuna, why he is posting like this is a problem for you and your ugly gang only. I am showing the present context to our members so that they can take informed decisions. If I am to behave like you and your ugly gang here like your idiotic actions of SFL alike this forum should have been a lunatic asylum. Luckyly we have very few jokers only in this forum whose actions can be act as a stress relever for majority of our members in the current depressed market environment. I warn you to look after your own interest without trying to create tension here.

11My observation of current market Empty Re: My observation of current market Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:48 am

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert

If we observe global stocks markets, there are stocks that they will outperform others in the coming months. Investors are buying heavily food related stocks. In addition there are strong interests on some utilities and education related stocks as well. 

12My observation of current market Empty Re: My observation of current market Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:16 pm

karuna

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

EquityChamp wrote:
wisdom78 wrote:
Avon wrote:

Thanks

wisdom78 or fake karuna, why he is posting like this is a problem for you and your ugly gang only. I am showing the present context to our members so that they can take informed decisions. If I am to behave like you and your ugly gang here like your idiotic actions of SFL alike this forum should have been a lunatic asylum. Luckyly we have very few jokers only in this forum whose actions can be act as a stress relever for majority of our members in the current depressed market environment. I warn you to look after your own interest without trying to create tension here.
Please kindly regard Mr.  EquityChamp . Don't blame to me for everything how many times i said wisdom78 eqity chemp both are not my account
Someone acting like me.  I don't know who is he however its not me. i trying avoid but.  Now this is full enough now

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum