FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Yesterday at 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Yesterday at 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:59 pm

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by LAMDA Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)

+124
desh87
Vasyan
engineer
arun.cse
SAGA
celtic tiger
lion
bkasun
smnsam
KILLER99
junior
Mr. X
ADVENTUS
Pbv
EquityPlus
Ekanayake90
dakzsl
ThilinaM
bhanu
jaya
dow
Brinthan
Harry82
stocksira
charith666lk
kassachandimal
kcrRanz
FIRE123
sameboy
hotstock
worthiness
Nuwan Prasad
SLBOY
Pac-man
EquityChamp
AUS79
EPS
shadow walker
ChateauC
jayathu
karuna
kuma524
NZ BOY
fulltilt
Yahapalanaya
lossorgain
SUSPENS
Insight
rizan666
peacockman
nis2010
bandara 123
mdcpk1975
piras
stockback
Teller
Recicash
wisdom79
Gainer
Jana
Nitro 7
SHARK aka TAH
SM2014
thankrishan
Siva08
VALUEPICK
prabath
CARACALLA
kassachandi
RPPA
fireshelter
ddrperera
Jana1
hariesha
balapas
executer
amilaela
Researcher
Roboticfx
charith82
Ben Graham
MY MONEY
xmart
lakchamil
rcharindu
Deva
Hawk Eye
duke
Milindaperera
smallville
Soundchips
3mr
kuk83
porkchops
pradeepk
StocksWatch
san1985
UKboy
nathanfornash
High.Risk.High.Return
wiser
MoneyMaker
rm
mark
Monster
mjrocker
marketsee
themask
godswen
tubal
Slstock
sapumal
mono
Chinwi
$$$
TelesHope
ss7097
econ
Rajitha
invest-abc
upuldi
Bollinger
KDS
salt
128 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 15]

1BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  Empty BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:39 pm

salt

salt
Vice President - Equity Analytics

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  Screen94

BFL

MarketWatch is not there to push this stock and it seems BFL looks stagnant after the crash of investnow.lk – like a house without the cowboy

2BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:46 pm

KDS

KDS
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

is it Horse without Cowboy ? ....Lol...

3BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:09 pm

Bollinger

Bollinger
Stock Trader

So do you think that one persons influence on a website really can push a share price up that much?

4BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:14 pm

upuldi

upuldi
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

its called profit taking .....

it will pushed back with in a couple of weeks i guess .... if they can announce a split dat would be great...........

5BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:19 pm

invest-abc

Manager - Equity Analytics

Unless BFL goes for a split it looks like it want have any momentum to move up as it did previously.

6BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:34 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Bollinger wrote:So do you think that one persons influence on a website really can push a share price up that much?
Not one person, but there were a huge promoting campaign for these shares. He was just a pawn in it but an important one at that. ( who knows maybe he was a rook or a queen even Very Happy ).
I had a friend of mine come to me asking about how to invest in CSE and how is the share BFL about month back. He had no clue about CSE and asked me as i'm investing in it. The reason is, at his religious place they were told to go buy BFL by two people and that they can earn easy money while helping a GOOD cause. Such was the promotion campaign that went for the poultry rally. Most of the people just know about the MW as that was there only world!!

Edit typos

Last edited by Rajitha on Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

7BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:47 pm

salt

salt

Obviously... This campaign may not be the sole cause, but it has helped immensely to drive up the prices recently sor some stocks... BFL, PCH , LGL... etc. I am not disputing the fact that they may offer god value, but one has to accept the fact that was a such campaign. He gave good advice...

8BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:04 pm

econ

econ
Global Moderator

BFL has justifiable reason to price up..
it is reported EPS 10 now.. can be annualized to at least 35.
so current price 460.. PER = 460/35 = 13.. still undervalued in poultry sector..

9BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  Empty Bairaha Farms - BFL Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:08 pm

ss7097

ss7097

@econ & other experts,

What price should be according to their Q4 result. Just give me a how we can find it.

10BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:18 pm

econ

econ
Global Moderator

ss7097 wrote:@econ & other experts,

What price should be according to their Q4 result. Just give me a how we can find it.

if you take PER for poultry sector as a 15..
then BFL can justify around 15 * 35 = 525..
I am assuming annualized EPS around 35 (last quarter is 10 .. but it may be the highest quarter due to festive season.) .. EPS may be bit higher or lower depending on various factors.
but according to their reports,I firmly believe they can sustain around 35 EPS unless some thing bad happens to chicks.

11BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:37 pm

TelesHope

TelesHope
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

KDS wrote:is it Horse without Cowboy ? ....Lol...

Swaying Horse without a Jockey bounce

12BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:47 pm

$$$

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

If You take PE between 15 and 20 and EPS at Rs.35 whcih is fair it still can trade between Rs.525 and Rs 700

13BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:54 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha

Just fYI if we take PE of around 30 it can be trading around Rs1000 and PE of 50 means like 1750.

Question is how can you justify buying a share of PE of 15 on poultry sector ( there are sectors that you can invest with less than half this PE)? This is considering the future problems as we clearly saw from foreign imports and bird flue to name a few( If you need more fish price going down comes under the same topic and government setting the max price of chicken low for the election times).

14BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  Empty BFL Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:00 pm

Chinwi

Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

econ's figure of 35 is mostly possible this year.

With the escalating world food prices and with their new ventures EPS may got to 50.00 next year.

In that context BFL is worth even now. No one seems to be in selling pressure. They are cash rich and will be able to go for more attractive ventures.
My only concern is its low Asset value per share.

15BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:02 pm

mono

mono

Yeah, but BFL is delicate as a share. One whiff of bird flue and this will be down 30-40%.

16BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:05 pm

econ

econ
Global Moderator

Rajitha wrote:Just fYI if we take PE of around 30 it can be trading around Rs1000 and PE of 50 means like 1750.

Question is how can you justify buying a share of PE of 15 on poultry sector ( there are sectors that you can invest with less than half this PE)? This is considering the future problems as we clearly saw from foreign imports and bird flue to name a few( If you need more fish price going down comes under the same topic and government setting the max price of chicken low for the election times).

In my opinion only sector has very low PER is plantation sector.. it has reasons for that..
plantation is always vulnerable to weather,labor,world price etc. in poultry sector only concern is bird flu.. they have a monopoly as many lankans do eat chicken but not start poultry farms due to religious/ethical issues..
chicken imports does not work in Sri Lanka. many consumers fear of Indian chicken products.
government short term measures(price setting/selling by armed forces) does not work either.
Moreover , demand for chicken is increased day by day due to tourist inflow.
so poultry sector PER of 15 is justifiable unless some thing bad happens to chicks(bird flu).

17BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:05 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha

Chinwi wrote:econ's figure of 35 is mostly possible this year.

With the escalating world food prices and with their new ventures EPS may got to 50.00 next year.

In that context BFL is worth even now. No one seems to be in selling pressure. They are cash rich and will be able to go for more attractive ventures.
My only concern is its low Asset value per share.

I'm sorry mate but thats a completely misleading post. The high world food price have no impact on Sri lankan chicken. The raw material for the industry(food and rest) is taken from sri lanka mostly as importing cost 2 much and MAINLY there is a price cap for selling chicken and the are selling at the highest price possible at the moment. Also As even you posted if I can remember right BFL always have there most productive quarter as the year ending one with the festivals. After saying that how can you say you expecting even more earnings for this quarter? PLZ give valid reasons and not just false hope.

18BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:15 pm

mono

mono

I thought BFL makes money by selling precut chicken pieces, which are much more expensive than the government cap, and by supplying the hotels.

Last edited by mono on Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

19BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:18 pm

sapumal

> I'm sorry mate but thats a completely misleading post.
don't worry about it. different people has different understanding levels. Some people understand the reality of Chinwi's reply but some will not

Last edited by sapumal on Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

20BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:45 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Also As even you posted if I can remember right BFL always have there most productive quarter as the year ending one with the festivals. After saying that how can you say you expecting even more earnings for this quarter? PLZ give valid reasons and not just false hope.

Yes they usually do tend to have the highest quarters during december due to festive season. I am not promopting BFL. Just mentioned facts as I would for any share .

There is potential for future growth due to
1) they have gone for a new Farm with 10 years tax exemptions . More revenue mean more possible profit/
2) into maize cultivation so they can feed the chicks... ( cost saving)

Ofcouse poultry sector is vulnerable to external factors just like plantations. So BFL is no exception in that regard. We should also monitor each quarter.

21BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:28 pm

mono

mono

The best part about the BFL madness came when Tubal made a comment about bird flu, Lol. the poor guy got jumped on.

22BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:36 pm

$$$

Well EPS of 35 is on target and demand far out weighs supply....this will only increase. I think it's very realistic to expect BFL to settle around Rs. 600 or more....they have invested in new venttures as well. since they are debt free and cash rich they can look at looking in to more ventures or sharing the good times with the share holders via a bonus issue, something to keep in mind however is external shock like bird flu etc . at these levels it's very attractive.

23BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:46 pm

$$$

Rajitha PE of 30 and 50 means the counter is over valued and hence not many people will buy unless there is avery good reason...i.e stellar growth in the form of a take over or a bonus issue etc.

Or a typical PCH scenario....

The facts presented by many including my self PE 15 to 20 with eps of approx Rs.35 is quite reasonable.

Risk is something we all have to take in to account when trading in any security be it internal or external. I also agree that if there is a break out of bird flu yes the chickens will suffer as a result specailly BFL as it is illiquid...Just like Plantations have their wage issues and are effected by weather patterns etc.

24BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:52 pm

tubal

mono wrote:The best part about the BFL madness came when Tubal made a comment about bird flu, Lol. the poor guy got jumped on.

Oh yes, mono. I never thanked you for jumping into my rescue.

25BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000)  Empty Re: BAIRAHA FARMS PLC (BFL.N0000) Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:41 pm

$$$

Exactly what I said in the PCH post....the zombie mentality where everything seems blurred....No sense can be driven in to people who are over whelmed by greed and who are hero worshipping a person or persons....any one seen to be going against theri beleifs are treated as traitors or conspiracy theorists. Tubal and Mono were at the receiving end .....PCH and BFL became a religion and MW was their god...nothing could stand in between.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 15]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum