FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Fri May 17, 2024 9:08 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Wed May 15, 2024 1:58 pm

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

SING might be a real Singer if caught at correct price.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

aladdin

aladdin
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

NOTE : This is not a buy or sell signal. The purpose of this post is to analyze this share which hit the ceiling on the last day of trading.

Watch this share. If what i think is correct, i will post the calculations tomorrow over here.. Do your own calculations.

Also keep in mind, Directors sold their QTY from April 20th 2011.

OKi to start with lets see who got SING shares as directors. There are two. One had 50,000 and the other had 1600 as directors. This is according to the Q1 reports. And from april 20th to date Kapil the director who had 50K has sold 27000 shares value ia 46173300. and other one sold 1200 from his 1600 and gain rs 3824400. This was average price 1200 as last they sold.

Now if the Right issue comes as the previous statement which was brought before the court case, each gets 3 shares for one they have @ the rate of 55LKR. Now lets see why these Directors has sold their lot. 1. might be to get money to get additional from the right and gain a huge profit. 2. might be changing the right issue announcement and not worthy. For the time being, Lets assume its number 1.

Happy trading for tomorrow..

Again what i say is, do ur own calculations and analyze before buying, selling or holding shares. Do not take any post (Including this) as a buy sell or hold signal..

StocksWatch

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

SING originally announced this right issue in Feb 2010. The price of the share was Rs. 90 then. The price now is Rs. 2000.

NAVPS in 2010 was only Rs. 54.22. In 2011, Rs. 53.57. In fact reduced compared to last year.

EPS for the year ended 31/03/2010 was Rs. -0.95 (loss) and EPS for the year ended 31/03/2011 is Rs. -0.65 (loss).

Please go through above facts before you make your decision.

aladdin

aladdin

i have also done a small research on this since from last oct. Last sep they announced abt their rights n court case against it. if u have 1000 shares, u can be in top 20. Public holding is limited.

Gulf East Finance Ltd 617,370 44.57%
StandardC hemicalsC orporation Ltd 270,000 19.49%
Penpals Ltd 175,000 12.63%
K G Plastics Limited 50,000 3.61%
Total: 1,112,370 80.3%

but out of that 242,075 shares only Mr. W.I. Arambage sold 27000 or something since from 31st of March as far as we knw. but last Monday 26,900 shares traded.

i believe that all other big qty holders like, CinemasL imited: 37500
Photo Kina Limited: 30000
Amina Investments Ltd: 25000
still holding their stocks and crossing fingers. So nearly 1.5 lakhs of shares at the market now.

For me their loss is neglectable since is not in millions when referring to their business in billions.

I report you decide..

===============This is not a buy, Sell or hod Signal.=============

StocksWatch

aladdin wrote:i have also done a small research on this since from last oct. Last sep they announced abt their rights n court case against it. if u have 1000 shares, u can be in top 20. Public holding is limited.

but out of that 242,075 shares only Mr. W.I. Arambage sold 27000 or something since from 31st of March as far as we knw. but last Monday 26,900 shares traded.

still holding their stocks and crossing fingers. So nearly 1.5 lakhs of shares at the market now.

For me their loss is neglectable since is not in millions when referring to their business in billions.

I report you decide..

So are you happy to pay Rs 2000 for a share having only Rs 50 net asset value?

aladdin

aladdin

StocksWatch wrote:
aladdin wrote:i have also done a small research on this since from last oct. Last sep they announced abt their rights n court case against it. if u have 1000 shares, u can be in top 20. Public holding is limited.

I report you decide..

So are you happy to pay Rs 2000 for a share having only Rs 50 net asset value?

Brother, i have not asked any one to buy, sell or hold. Its what i have seen and its the investors pure decision to buy sell or hold. If i answer your question, it leads to a manipulation. I will answer like this, if you know that you will win a lottery, will you think of a production cost of that lottery ticket which is not worth of 20LKR and just kick ur win ?? no right ??

Now again and again i am telling, this is just a analyzing and keep on increasing post i have opened about SING. Also i have clearly said have to see what is happening tomorrow.

Also i have assumed two reasons for this director dealings. see my 1st post of this thread. I have clearly said that directors started to sell might be because it is not worth as an assumption.

Therefore, rather than trowing words asking whether i am ready to buy at 2000 saying its not worth more than 53 as u value it just looking ant net asset value, lets develop a strong argument with facts..

Come join the argument with facts brother... (Like ur 1st post in this thread with strong backing up facts. )

cheers..

StocksWatch

@ aladdin, I don't see any point in wasting my time further as I have given enough facts to elaborate my view in a previous post here. Have any doubts, go check SING's financial reports for last couple of years!

I have not said that this company is not worth more than Rs 53 per share but I simply cannot comprehend why someone should pay Rs 2000 per share to buy a company that has been consistantly making losses and having such a low NAVPS.

The decision to buy/sell/hold lies with each individual and I only tried to show the other side of the story.

aladdin

aladdin

StocksWatch wrote:@ aladdin, I don't see any point in wasting my time further as I have given enough facts to elaborate my view in a previous post here. Have any doubts, go check SING's financial reports for last couple of years!

I have not said that this company is not worth more than Rs 53 per share but I simply cannot comprehend why someone should pay Rs 2000 per share to buy a company that has been consistantly making losses and having such a low NAVPS.

The decision to buy/sell/hold lies with each individual and I only tried to show the other side of the story.

i too agree with ur technical s.. what i have shown is the momentum of the stock. As i have said repeatedly, there could be positive and negative reasons as i have give two assumptions in my 1st post.

Thats what i have said need to wait till end of the day tomorrow to see where it is gona head.. As you said i too agree that as in its financials they have made losses. But this time there losses has been minimized as i read. This does not mean it worth 2000 or any other amount. But as i mentioned in my previous reply, check its public float. Its just a very small number. Many held by directors. starting from April 20th they are selling. So my initial post is why do they do that ? as i said, 1. rason may be something to do with rights. 2. might be the company is gona get bankrupt. who knows..
I just discussed about its current momentum and trading pattern.

Hope people will understand it and not take these posts as buy sell or hold signals as i have told all the time as these are not..

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Its hard to justify whether SING really worth a dime of your money but the right issue may make it attractive for pursuing regardless of its intrinsic value..

A share going @ 2000 and rights 3for1 @ 55 means;
If u buy 100 shares, ur total cost with rights conversion will be - (100*2000+3*55*100) = 216500/-

Which means ur XR price would be ard = 216500/400 = 541/- too

Though this is not like WAPO, still it has some value as the new share price may rise above 541 too..

This is a highly dangerous act but if you're witty enuf, u can make some profit..
Then again this has gone up 60% last day and if goes in the same there could be a price ban..

Fresher

If they go ahead with the rights issue, i think it is sure to be amended

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum