Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka Equity Forum would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Sri Lanka Equity Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

සිංහල පරිවර්තනය
Contribute
Submit Post

Submit Post

Latest topics

» JKH.N MORE SELLING PRESURE
by Promoney Today at 1:02 am

» HPFL,VPEL and VLL Very Interesting Price to enter
by ADVENTUS Yesterday at 11:42 pm

» Don't Touch SAMP _HNB they have a massive foreign sell
by Teller Yesterday at 11:38 pm

» BOGALA GRAPHITE LANKA PLC (BOGA.N0000)
by Teller Yesterday at 11:30 pm

» WATCHING RAL
by Teller Yesterday at 11:28 pm

» Lets try to understand what is happening in the market right now
by Teller Yesterday at 11:26 pm

» Postpone General Election ?
by Teller Yesterday at 11:18 pm

» International stock markets
by Teller Yesterday at 8:16 pm

» POST COVID19 - SRI LANKA'S ECONOMIC REVIVAL
by xhunter Yesterday at 2:20 pm

» LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000)
by THASSIM Yesterday at 11:08 am

» C M HOLDINGS PLC (COLO.N0000)
by Jay-Jay Yesterday at 10:05 am

» NATIONS TRUST BANK PLC (NTB.N0000)
by thestock123 Yesterday at 9:08 am

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL.N0000)
by engineer Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:53 pm

» Vpel dividend
by ADVENTUS Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:11 pm

» What will happen tomorrow?
by jaya Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:34 pm

» CSE geared into BULL mode
by ErangaDS Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:01 pm

» Shares to Buy
by Beta1 Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:06 am

» CFVF CFVF CFVF
by Promoney Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:32 am

» MHDL - Millennium Housing
by EGG Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:08 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Promoney Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:42 am

» EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC (EAST.N0000)
by Rational Investor Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:33 pm

» T/Bill Rates
by dineshdp Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:31 pm

» Dont catch falling knives!
by Yahapalanaya Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:04 pm

» TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC
by EquityChamp Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:29 pm

» REEF Group shares
by Rational Investor Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:57 pm

» TAFL - THE PHOENIX TO RISE!
by desh87 Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:04 pm

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

Who is online?
In total there are 92 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 90 Guests

lbnnirmal, Rahularumesh

Most users ever online was 541 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:29 am
Statistics
We have 22889 registered users
The newest registered user is aj100

Our users have posted a total of 351485 messages in 52136 subjects

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sri Lanka Equity Forum » Stock Market Talk » DFCC BANK PLC (DFCC.N0000)

DFCC BANK PLC (DFCC.N0000)

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1DFCC BANK PLC (DFCC.N0000) Empty DFCC is it attractive? on Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:19 pm

Light of Hope


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
DFCC has fallen to 168 after giving a good devident. Has anyone done a analysis on this? what is the fair value of this stock? What does the future hold for DFCC? thanks experts for the guidance and help given to us always.

2DFCC BANK PLC (DFCC.N0000) Empty Re: DFCC BANK PLC (DFCC.N0000) on Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:14 am

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
@Light of Hope wrote:DFCC has fallen to 168 after giving a good devident. Has anyone done a analysis on this? what is the fair value of this stock? What does the future hold for DFCC? thanks experts for the guidance and help given to us always.

If you are a long term invesotr DFCC is attractive and a solid blue chip.

Here are some note on this I made before

"DFCC: We should look at DFCC with a different mind set. This is a financial giant for decades. Any old , long term share holder ( I am not that old but am old haha) will know that. Though it not a share that will make you rich overnight like the gambling ones, DFCC has always looked after its share holders in the long term. Just look who is in the top 20 share holder list and decide. Period. Remember this is one of the oldest and highly regarded financial institutions in the country. A Blue Chip with much regard due to it strength and management. Banks like this should/would trade with a premium due to its place in the sector. (Like JKH,SPEN is doing in their sector). DFCC showed a good improvement last december in results. We should not expect massive differences in gain for more established large cap banks like DFCC,COMB,HNB. If you read the Chairmans comments they even mentioned about the March Tax benefits kicking in due course. So it should up their profits. In summary , in my opinion this is one of the most solid shares to hold in ones Long Term portfolio.If you like short term profits and miracles this is not the share though. However for shot term also note that DFCC is extremely over sold now and it would bring short term profit with a run. DFCC is now trading in august/september prices as in much before the bonus)."

AFter thhis note I saw they declared a hefty dividend it went up and now it down to the lowest I have seen with the last 7-8 months


3DFCC BANK PLC (DFCC.N0000) Empty Re: DFCC BANK PLC (DFCC.N0000) on Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:44 am

Carolis


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@slstock wrote:
@Light of Hope wrote:DFCC has fallen to 168 after giving a good devident. Has anyone done a analysis on this? what is the fair value of this stock? What does the future hold for DFCC? thanks experts for the guidance and help given to us always.

If you are a long term invesotr DFCC is attractive and a solid blue chip.

Here are some note on this I made before

"DFCC: We should look at DFCC with a different mind set. This is a financial giant for decades. Any old , long term share holder ( I am not that old but am old haha) will know that. Though it not a share that will make you rich overnight like the gambling ones, DFCC has always looked after its share holders in the long term. Just look who is in the top 20 share holder list and decide. Period. Remember this is one of the oldest and highly regarded financial institutions in the country. A Blue Chip with much regard due to it strength and management. Banks like this should/would trade with a premium due to its place in the sector. (Like JKH,SPEN is doing in their sector). DFCC showed a good improvement last december in results. We should not expect massive differences in gain for more established large cap banks like DFCC,COMB,HNB. If you read the Chairmans comments they even mentioned about the March Tax benefits kicking in due course. So it should up their profits. In summary , in my opinion this is one of the most solid shares to hold in ones Long Term portfolio.If you like short term profits and miracles this is not the share though. However for shot term also note that DFCC is extremely over sold now and it would bring short term profit with a run. DFCC is now trading in august/september prices as in much before the bonus)."

AFter thhis note I saw they declared a hefty dividend it went up and now it down to the lowest I have seen with the last 7-8 months


+ rep from me. Please let me know whats the best shorterm share in BFI? Thanks

4DFCC BANK PLC (DFCC.N0000) Empty Re: DFCC BANK PLC (DFCC.N0000) on Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:53 am

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
@Carolis wrote:
Please let me know whats the best shorterm share in BFI? Thanks

No sure abotu short term but I find ,
SAMP,NTB,MBSL and NDB the other picks in Banking

5DFCC BANK PLC (DFCC.N0000) Empty Re: DFCC BANK PLC (DFCC.N0000) on Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:50 pm

Light of Hope


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@slstock wrote:
@Light of Hope wrote:DFCC has fallen to 168 after giving a good devident. Has anyone done a analysis on this? what is the fair value of this stock? What does the future hold for DFCC? thanks experts for the guidance and help given to us always.

If you are a long term invesotr DFCC is attractive and a solid blue chip.

Here are some note on this I made before

"DFCC: We should look at DFCC with a different mind set. This is a financial giant for decades. Any old , long term share holder ( I am not that old but am old haha) will know that. Though it not a share that will make you rich overnight like the gambling ones, DFCC has always looked after its share holders in the long term. Just look who is in the top 20 share holder list and decide. Period. Remember this is one of the oldest and highly regarded financial institutions in the country. A Blue Chip with much regard due to it strength and management. Banks like this should/would trade with a premium due to its place in the sector. (Like JKH,SPEN is doing in their sector). DFCC showed a good improvement last december in results. We should not expect massive differences in gain for more established large cap banks like DFCC,COMB,HNB. If you read the Chairmans comments they even mentioned about the March Tax benefits kicking in due course. So it should up their profits. In summary , in my opinion this is one of the most solid shares to hold in ones Long Term portfolio.If you like short term profits and miracles this is not the share though. However for shot term also note that DFCC is extremely over sold now and it would bring short term profit with a run. DFCC is now trading in august/september prices as in much before the bonus)."

AFter thhis note I saw they declared a hefty dividend it went up and now it down to the lowest I have seen with the last 7-8 months



A 'thanks' from me. It has shown improvement today. Do you have any treads of discussions regarding DFCC

6DFCC BANK PLC (DFCC.N0000) Empty Re: DFCC BANK PLC (DFCC.N0000) on Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:23 pm

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
For me SAMP, NTB, DFCC and NDB are good picks in Banking on the basis of low P/Es, PBV
and attractive growth prospects over the next 12 months.
SAMP & DFCC have done really well in Q1/2011 as per the released reports.. Other banks could also see the trend continuing..

7DFCC BANK PLC (DFCC.N0000) Empty Re: DFCC BANK PLC (DFCC.N0000) on Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:17 pm

Antonym

Antonym
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Hi, smallville.
Do you have the link to DFCC Bank's report for Q1/2011?
It's not yet uploaded on the CSE website...

8DFCC BANK PLC (DFCC.N0000) Empty Re: DFCC BANK PLC (DFCC.N0000) on Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:29 pm

seyon


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@smallville wrote:For me SAMP, NTB, DFCC and NDB are good picks in Banking on the basis of low P/Es, PBV
and attractive growth prospects over the next 12 months.
SAMP & DFCC have done really well in Q1/2011 as per the released reports.. Other banks could also see the trend continuing..

Hi smallville

when u see the top 20 shares list of SAMP, CINV and GUAR bought about 1,202,084 ,804,900 shares in the 1st quarter. I think this price would be fair us to enter for long-term holding.. However my only concern is, reporting net profit for the quarter is 980Mn out of that 858Mn represents for other income including 403Mn from Fees and commission ( related to bank operation) balance might be the mark to mark adjustment and capital gain or other adjustments. Hence only 500Mn resulting from the operational profit, based on that share price trading at PE 21...

How do u look the current price based on this scenario....

appreciate ur comments

9DFCC BANK PLC (DFCC.N0000) Empty Re: DFCC BANK PLC (DFCC.N0000) on Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:46 pm

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
@Antonym wrote:Hi, smallville.
Do you have the link to DFCC Bank's report for Q1/2011?
It's not yet uploaded on the CSE website...

Now where did i find this link?? I viewed the report 1-2hrs back but its not in the site now..It was posted on FB or here just i clicked on the link Wink Evil or Very Mad cannot find it now..

10DFCC BANK PLC (DFCC.N0000) Empty Re: DFCC BANK PLC (DFCC.N0000) on Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:48 pm

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
@seyon wrote:
@smallville wrote:For me SAMP, NTB, DFCC and NDB are good picks in Banking on the basis of low P/Es, PBV
and attractive growth prospects over the next 12 months.
SAMP & DFCC have done really well in Q1/2011 as per the released reports.. Other banks could also see the trend continuing..

Hi smallville

when u see the top 20 shares list of SAMP, CINV and GUAR bought about 1,202,084 ,804,900 shares in the 1st quarter. I think this price would be fair us to enter for long-term holding.. However my only concern is, reporting net profit for the quarter is 980Mn out of that 858Mn represents for other income including 403Mn from Fees and commission ( related to bank operation) balance might be the mark to mark adjustment and capital gain or other adjustments. Hence only 500Mn resulting from the operational profit, based on that share price trading at PE 21...

How do u look the current price based on this scenario....

appreciate ur comments

Cannot find the price unattractive to enter now.. before the div announcement this was trading above 180 and 170 now means a good value again.. Yes a long term counter due to the different nature of banking not like COMB, SAMP and others Wink

11DFCC BANK PLC (DFCC.N0000) Empty Re: DFCC BANK PLC (DFCC.N0000) on Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:52 pm

ShareShares


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@smallville wrote:
@Antonym wrote:Hi, smallville.
Do you have the link to DFCC Bank's report for Q1/2011?
It's not yet uploaded on the CSE website...

Now where did i find this link?? I viewed the report 1-2hrs back but its not in the site now..It was posted on FB or here just i clicked on the link Wink Evil or Very Mad cannot find it now..


@smallville

What do you think about the banking sector response to finacial reports. Please give your opnion.

12DFCC BANK PLC (DFCC.N0000) Empty Re: DFCC BANK PLC (DFCC.N0000) on Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:56 pm

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
@ShareShares wrote:
@smallville wrote:
@Antonym wrote:Hi, smallville.
Do you have the link to DFCC Bank's report for Q1/2011?
It's not yet uploaded on the CSE website...

Now where did i find this link?? I viewed the report 1-2hrs back but its not in the site now..It was posted on FB or here just i clicked on the link Wink Evil or Very Mad cannot find it now..


@smallville

What do you think about the banking sector response to finacial reports. Please give your opnion.

Market behavious is hilarious.. I saw SAMP going up and ending the day bleeding.. with this good results thats the respose we saw.. However that even can be the start of a new base.. but thats bad..
There's no potential shown in market of appreciation of good revenue.. COMB only closed green while MBSL, DFCC, SEYB were losers in share prices..
Its just the lack of interest in retailers I think.. mostly big boys even could buylittle by little this fallen times.. Crossings happen but market stays bearish..
I think in coming weeks could see a good response to these, still the timing is not good..

13DFCC BANK PLC (DFCC.N0000) Empty DFCC Your Thoughts! on Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:53 pm

stock-student


Stock Trader
pls add your valuble thoughts regarding DFCC. I have 5000 shares at 190 average & now it's around 157. this has been decline after there bonus issue .
pls advise will this be furthre going down or worth to holding another few months Question



Last edited by Quibit on Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:38 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : ?????? removed!)

14DFCC BANK PLC (DFCC.N0000) Empty DFCC on Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:02 pm

Prince

Prince
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Better if you an hold on. Definitely you will get a chance to sell in next Feb-Mar time period. May be even before as there are some strategic mergers in banking sector to take place.



Last edited by Quibit on Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ???? removed)

15DFCC BANK PLC (DFCC.N0000) Empty Re: DFCC BANK PLC (DFCC.N0000) on Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:20 pm

ShareShares


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
good baking sector share. This can move up along with SAMP next week.

16DFCC BANK PLC (DFCC.N0000) Empty Re: DFCC BANK PLC (DFCC.N0000) on Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:40 pm

widanage


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
@stock-student wrote:pls add your valuble thoughts regarding DFCC.
I have 5000 shares at 190 average & now it's around 157.
this has been decline after there bonus issue .

pls advise will this be furthre going down or worth to holding another few months Question


This year DFCC has declared a dividend of Rs. 10/-. There has been a shrinkage of their loan book last year but the bottom line was not affected due to hefty capital gain by COM Bank stake. Still they are sitting on a pile of cash which will be used in the days to come for the betterment of the Bank.

In the discussion "Prince" suggested a merger, however, it is very unlikely that DFCC and DFCC Vardhana Bank (DVB) merged together in next three to five years (or forever). CBSL approved the acquisition of 100% stake in DVB and DFCC already owns 98%+ of DVB. Apart form that DFCC in the only surviving development financing institution in the country and that will act as the showpiece for government/CBSL to attract low cost credit from multilateral agencies/banks such as ADB/EIB/JBIC/IBRD/FMO/KFW etc...So the merger is highly unlikely in medium term.

Now the share is trading at 52 week low, in case you have some more money to invest it is always better to buy some and bring the average down.

Facts to consider...
1. The expansion in the economy, this is common to all banks but DFCC has its specialization in project finance.
2. Exclusive availability of low cost funds. (You may have seen the recent newspaper add on EIB credit line)
3. Growth of DVB (In early 2000s it was the failed Merc Bank from Mr Moragoda. Now it is a fast growing bank with over 100 service points) and the synergy of two banks.
4. Growth of Acuity Partners (50% owned by DFCC)
5. Income of the associates (LVL, Namal & Lindel)
6. Strategic investment in COMbank.

These are the facts that I would consider before jumping into the water. Think and decide I am already in the water and my average is at the deep bottom.

17DFCC BANK PLC (DFCC.N0000) Empty Re: DFCC BANK PLC (DFCC.N0000) on Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:02 pm

stock-student


Stock Trader
thank you all for valuble sharing

18DFCC BANK PLC (DFCC.N0000) Empty Re: DFCC BANK PLC (DFCC.N0000) on Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:25 pm

xmart

xmart
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@stock-student wrote:pls add your valuble thoughts regarding DFCC. I have 5000 shares at 190 average & now it's around 157. this has been decline after there bonus issue .
pls advise will this be furthre going down or worth to holding another few months Question

then you received 50,000/= Dividend payout, aren't you? if i'm you forget it and do my stuff, then 1~2 year later check the account.

19DFCC BANK PLC (DFCC.N0000) Empty Re: DFCC BANK PLC (DFCC.N0000) on Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:31 pm

RockStock


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
DFCC vardhana might go for a listing in near future, which will further increase capital inflow of the group

20DFCC BANK PLC (DFCC.N0000) Empty Re: DFCC BANK PLC (DFCC.N0000) on Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:38 pm

widanage


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
@RockStock wrote:DFCC vardhana might go for a listing in near future, which will further increase capital inflow of the group

Very Unlikely (Literally No) in medium term.

Based on...
1. There is no necessity to raise further funds to meet capital adequacy ratios by DVB. They are on target.
2. DFCC had pumped money to in the recent past to increase the ratio.
3. CBSL's approval to acquire 100%

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum