FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» LankaGPT Platform Launched in Sri Lanka
by God Father Yesterday at 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka’s Popularity Is Surging With Travelers. Here’s Where To Go
by ResearchMan Yesterday at 1:10 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Yesterday at 1:06 pm

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ErangaDS Yesterday at 10:17 am

» CDB Non voting
by buddikasmart Yesterday at 8:03 am

» Will share market be taxed after new Gazette./manik de silva
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 27, 2024 2:14 pm

» Focus on Government controlled entities
by Ekanayake90 Mon May 27, 2024 7:31 am

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by Ekanayake90 Mon May 27, 2024 7:29 am

» Seylan Bank did not pay final coupon of expired debentures
by Gaudente Wed May 22, 2024 2:32 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by agentnrox Wed May 22, 2024 1:50 pm

» HSENID BUSINESS SOLUTIONS PLC (HBS.N0000)
by K.R Wed May 22, 2024 7:46 am

» Richard Pieris Exports PLC (REXP.N0000) future looks bleak!
by God Father Mon May 20, 2024 10:08 pm

» Sri Lanka key Economic Indicators and Future Outlook for 2024
by God Father Mon May 20, 2024 6:06 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by glad Mon May 20, 2024 9:27 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pacific Textiles to gain Rs.3.2 bn from Textured Jersey Private Placement

+3
TuskerLK
saman123
SunilNayaka
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

SunilNayaka

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

By Jithendra Antonio

Link: http://print.dailymirror.lk/business/127-local/48202.html

The major shareholder of Textured Jersey Lanka (TJL), Cayman Island incorporated Pacific Textiles Holdings Limited (PT) group is yet to realize a total gain of over Rs.3.2 billion or Hong Kong Dollars 230 million on the disposal of shares via TJL private placement.

“Based on the planned listing and stock offering of PT Sri Lanka, the unaudited financial information of PT Sri Lanka and relevant fair value evaluation at the date of disposal, the Group anticipates to recognize a gain on disposal of approximately HK$230 million,” the Chairman of PT Group Wan Wai Loi recently told share holders in its latest financial report.

He outlines that the Pacific Textiles Group proposes to spin-off a subsidiary, PT Sri Lanka, for a separate listing on the Main Board of the Colombo Stock Exchange.

“This proposed separate listing has been approved by the Colombo Stock Exchange, and it is anticipated that the listing will be completed by August 2011,” Loi states noting In connection with the proposed separate listing, the Group disposed 83 million shares representing 14.43% of equity interest in PT Sri Lanka under a pre-IPO private placement in May 2011.

In his review for the financial year 2011 concluded June 24, Wan Wai Loi points out that directors consider the above transactions as a single transaction. However, he further notes that in accordance with Hong Kong Accounting Standard (HKAS) 27 (Revised), the Group has remeasured its 40% retained interest in PT Sri Lanka to its fair value with the change in carrying amount recognized in profit or loss. It further states that it recognizes a goodwill in interest in associate for the remaining 40% equity interests in PT Sri Lanka of approximately HK$150 million (Rs.2.1 billion) in the consolidated financial statements for the year ending 31 March 2012.

“The Pre-IPO Private Placement was very successful. The spin-off of PT Sri Lanka for separate listing on the Main Board of the Colombo Stock Exchange is progressing well.” Wai Loi points out in his financial review. Wai Loi in his review notes that the gross proceeds to be received by the PT Sri Lanka from IPO before deducting the related legal and professional expenses is expected to be approximately US$11.0 million or Rs. 1.2 billion (approximately HK$85.9 million).

He further goes on to explain that the gearing ratio of Pacific Textile (PT), being the ratio of total debts including current and non-current borrowings and finance lease obligations to total equity, was 4.5% (up from 2.2% in 2010) attributable mainly to an increase in borrowings by PT Sri Lanka.

However, according to Wai Loi, the spin-off move of textured Jersey will undoubtedly enhance the profile of PT Sri Lanka (Textured Jersey) and provide the operation a funding platform for future business development.

“After the PT Sri Lanka IPO, we will still be the largest shareholder of PT Sri Lanka and will continue to enjoy the benefits from the growth and development of the business through our shareholding interest,” he said.

Meanwhile the segmental financial results of PT outlines that the company’s sales revenue from Sri Lanka’s Texture Jersey had shot up from HK $ 1.04 billion to HK $ 1.11 billion or Rs.15.6 billion in 2011 as the third largest contributor of group’s revenue above Hong Kong and African region operations.

The financials further states that group revenues of approximately HK$1.58 billion or Rs.22.2 billion are derived from a single external customer accounting for approximately 22% of the
Group’s revenue. It also notes that the Group’s non-current assets other than financial instruments and deferred tax
Assets amounting to HK $ 191.4 million or Rs.2.6 billion are located in Sri Lanka.

Wai Loi states that the subsidiary established and operated in Sri Lanka, Textured Jersey Lanka Limited (“PT Sri Lanka”), is exempted from income tax on its profits for 15 years from the first year of commencement of commercial operations in September 2001.

“After the expiration of the tax exemption period, the profits of PT Sri Lanka will be charged at the rate of 12% for a period of 8 years,” the financial notes.

A joint venture by Sri Lanka’s Brandix group and Hong Kong’s Pacific Textiles, Textured Jersey is hoping to announce its IPO offering 80 million ordinary voting shares today at Rs.15 per share.

saman123

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

is it Worth 15?

TuskerLK

TuskerLK
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

How come they would recognize a gain of Rs.3.2bn from a Rs.1.74bn private placement, out of 40%(approx) was done by Brandix.

pdgsuranga

pdgsuranga
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

anybody know price was PP...?

TuskerLK

TuskerLK

pdgsuranga wrote:anybody know price was PP...?

Both PP and IPO are at same price, refer the prospectus all the details of the PP are given including the buyers details.

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

please can anyone tell me who are the bankers?

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

mark wrote:please can anyone tell me who are the bankers?
Bankers to the company,
Bank of Ceylon
Commercial bank of ceylon PLC
Hongkong and Shanghai banking corporation limited
Standard Chartered bank
National Development Bank PLC

Co bankers to issue,
Hatton National Bank PLC
Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited

page 12,13 prospectus

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

rijayasooriya wrote:
Bankers to the company,
Bank of Ceylon
Standard Chartered bank

Co bankers to issue,
Hatton National Bank PLC

page 12,13 prospectus

so i can collect prospectus from HNB?

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

mark wrote:
rijayasooriya wrote:
Bankers to the company,
Bank of Ceylon
Standard Chartered bank

Co bankers to issue,
Hatton National Bank PLC

page 12,13 prospectus

so i can collect prospectus from HNB?

Why do u bother to go hnb for prospectus? It can be easily downloaded from cse.lk.

Last edited by rijayasooriya on Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:38 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : format condensed.)

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

@rija
its my choice.i like to read it in paperbase than spending time in front of COM,also my 8GB quota filled in last week Wink

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

mark wrote:@rija
its my choice.i like to read it in paperbase than spending time in front of COM,also my 8GB quota filled in last week Wink
Oh yes. This is a free country.
As a senior member u shuold know from where u can collect the prospectus.

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

rijayasooriya wrote:

hehe,senior member? who?.......im just a kid mate,there is senior members,but don't consider me,i know nothing when comparing to them....
btw its not mandatory to know everything,if you can't help to someone,dont do it,there is 2811 users more who like to help Wink

Chabbi

Chabbi

rijayasooriya wrote:

@ Mark

one of my frnd has req application form HNB bank. but thy hav said still thy hvnt get it .. Sad HNB Pettah branch ......... (Prospectus & Application form)

But as per prospectus now it shd be available @ HNB Branches Sad ... Sad

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

mark wrote:
rijayasooriya wrote:

hehe,senior member? who?.......im just a kid mate,there is senior members,but don't consider me,i know nothing when comparing to them....
btw its not mandatory to know everything,if you can't help to someone,dont do it,there is 2811 users more who like to help Wink
Someone has already helped.
Begging for help while throwing knives at them....Nice policy. Shocked

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

rijayasooriya wrote:
mark wrote:
rijayasooriya wrote:

sorry no comments for selfish people Evil or Very Mad

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

mark wrote:
rijayasooriya wrote:
mark wrote:
rijayasooriya wrote:

sorry no comments for selfish people Evil or Very Mad
Say Hi...to the most selfless person in the world. Exclamation

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum