FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post



Poll

Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?

Which sectors will hold their ground in current covid situation?? Vote_lcap68%Which sectors will hold their ground in current covid situation?? Vote_rcap 68% [ 178 ]
Which sectors will hold their ground in current covid situation?? Vote_lcap18%Which sectors will hold their ground in current covid situation?? Vote_rcap 18% [ 47 ]
Which sectors will hold their ground in current covid situation?? Vote_lcap13%Which sectors will hold their ground in current covid situation?? Vote_rcap 13% [ 35 ]

Total Votes : 260

STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » Which sectors will hold their ground in current covid situation??

Which sectors will hold their ground in current covid situation??

+2
MoneyLover
celtic tiger
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

celtic tiger


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

I think
1.heathcare
2.telecomunicatoin
3.power and energy are the best.
 plantation sector will do better a with upward tea and rubber prices  but if their workforce is not covid resistant.
open to discuss

DamithAsian likes this post

MoneyLover

MoneyLover
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

@celtic tiger wrote:I think
1.heathcare
2.telecomunicatoin
3.power and energy are the best.
 plantation sector will do better a with upward tea and rubber prices  but if their workforce is not covid resistant.
open to discuss

100% agree with the Telecommunication facts. Power and energy also to a great extend.

Fortune of Plantation sector - Tea, rubber prices are basically determined by world demand-supply, and positive as far as our estate population is safe. Some of the manufacturing companies supply Gloves, Masks, Mattresses, Sanitisors, PPEs (e.g. DIPD & HAYC) covid-19 positive too.   

But, healthcare is not the case. During the previous lockdown (March-May 2020) channeling business dropped drastically as people avoided crowded places, conducted only urgent operations, etc. Conducting PCR-tests is not a lucrative business; volume could be high but at tiny margins and at huge risks to employees. 

For all most all the other sectors impact of covid-19 is negative.
 
When the government chooses island-wide lockdown, hardly any other sectors would unaffected.

Although, constructions and manufacturing of construction materials were attractive in the post-COVID situation. It heavily depends on government policy. 

So, the best strategy would be to invest fundamental stocks and hold for 12-18 months OR wait-and-see.

RJ1010 likes this post

Wonderer


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

F & B sector?

MoneyLover

MoneyLover
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

@Wonderer wrote:F & B sector?

Yes. manufacturing of Food and Beverages (staple/essential) would safe compared to many others, although covid-19 treats employees of such sectors as well. 

However, since liquor sale prohibited during the lockdown it won't good and DIST & BREW. 
Companies supporting agriculture would get a positive impact too.

celtic tiger


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

As of WHO vaccine will not be ready till mid 2021.That means 3more quarters with covid-restrictions .
According to expert 2nd wave comes from more aggressive strain , similar to Europe one or the same.
that means we will be in the same boat. so which sectors can keep their nose above water???
 MANUFACTURING,AGRI,F&B,CONSTRUCTION will not be in a total lockdown but will have some sort of disturbances.

MoneyLover

MoneyLover
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

@celtic tiger wrote:As of WHO vaccine will not be ready till mid 2021.That means 3more quarters with covid-restrictions .
According to expert 2nd wave comes from more aggressive strain , similar to Europe one or the same.
that means we will be in the same boat. so which sectors can keep their nose above water???
 MANUFACTURING,AGRI,F&B,CONSTRUCTION will not be in a total lockdown but will have some sort of disturbances.

When the government finally choose the lockdown option, initially in Western Province initially for a week that could extend depend on covid-19 cases to report.

In a situation like this, no need to panic and sell fundamental sound stocks at loss. However, we must admit that fundamentals are weakening under a lockdown. So, need to stop chasing behind stocks as a significant price drop can be expected across the board in the coming days, if not weeks.  


So, the best strategy could be to collect fundamental stocks when prices are come down and with the intention of holding even 12-18 months OR wait-and-see till Covid-19 spread contained. 

kadik, heroxhere and Mithooshan like this post

ColomboCSE


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

@MoneyLover wrote:But, healthcare is not the case. During the previous lockdown (March-May 2020) channeling business dropped drastically as people avoided crowded places, conducted only urgent operations, etc. Conducting PCR-tests is not a lucrative business; volume could be high but at tiny margins and at huge risks to employees. 

Yes! I'm also with same page. normally peoples think its good for  healthcare 
for me after hotels main impact is healthcare, most of hospitals display low profit after covid-19
if peoples using good health habits it not good for hospitals  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
just compare your personal channeling fees 2019 and 2020. 

cheetah


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

power and energy - PAP
Telecommunication sector - SLT,DIAL
Plantation - TPL,BOPL,MAL,NAMU,,KGAL
Property sector-  RIL,CSD,EAST

celtic tiger


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

@ColomboCSE wrote:
@MoneyLover wrote:But, healthcare is not the case. During the previous lockdown (March-May 2020) channeling business dropped drastically as people avoided crowded places, conducted only urgent operations, etc. Conducting PCR-tests is not a lucrative business; volume could be high but at tiny margins and at huge risks to employees. 

Yes! I'm also with same page. normally peoples think its good for  healthcare 
for me after hotels main impact is healthcare, most of hospitals display low profit after covid-19
if peoples using good health habits it not good for hospitals  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
just compare your personal channeling fees 2019 and 2020. 
Valid point,hats off guys

judecroos likes this post

RJ1010


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

@ColomboCSE wrote:[quote="]if peoples using good health habits it not good for hospitals [/color] Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
just compare your personal channeling fees 2019 and 2020. 
Well e-channeling has done well as per their latest financial released today. Quarter revenue is better than last year and year to date they have optimized operating expenses.

Sponsored content



Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum