FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Yesterday at 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Yesterday at 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:59 pm

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by LAMDA Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Panasian Power PLC (PAP)

+14
dinusha.kiwulegedara
Berryfund
Monster
Slstock
ccsentha
ISURU
Jana1
Aamiable
StocksWatch
Asiri_I
traderJack
Rajaraam
rijayasooriya
Marketinvest
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Empty Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:09 pm

Marketinvest

Marketinvest
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Will PAP reach 10 very soon ? I think it should, it should because its the only power company trading very low. More over emage wise purchase is at average of 5.50 to 6 range. This is not a recommendation.

2Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Empty Re: Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:14 pm

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

I do not think so.
According my knowledge ur reason is not valid.
Hope experts will comment.

3Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Empty Re: Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:20 pm

Rajaraam

Vice President - Equity Analytics

At current price this share is very attractive. I calculated the PE assuming Share price is 5.00 then PE comes to 15 , The best among hydro power. But still Hemas power (wkich is a mix Hydro+Thermal) PE is below 10. Only thing is they are heavily depend on thermal and future selling risk is a problem.

4Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Empty Re: Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:33 pm

Marketinvest

Marketinvest

If we think logically, why would emage wise purchase at premium. As far as i know its a strategic investment and quickly growing with increasing profits. Further if u see its has been heavily traded at the range of 4.80 to 6. The moment market starts moving up it can flourish. Its a strategic investment by dilith. Therefore its has to move once the credits are cleared.

5Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Empty Re: Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:36 pm

Marketinvest

Marketinvest

Further the upward threshhold is 6 which is not too far away

6Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Empty Re: Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:49 pm

Rajaraam

Agree with marketinvest. People even in countries like us now understand the problem of envioronment pollution and its impact on their health. Therefore with the increasing public presure high poluting thermal power genarating systems will be disappered in the future. That is why investors are now looking for reneable energy projects for their investment. Dr. S too buying still VLL shares and now he is the major shareholder of VLL. This indicates us something about PAP.

Last edited by Rajaraam on Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total

7Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Empty Re: Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:00 am

traderJack

traderJack
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Rajaraam wrote:At current price this share is very attractive. I calculated the PE assuming Share price is 5.00 then PE comes to 15 , The best among hydro power. But still Hemas power (wkich is a mix Hydro+Thermal) PE is below 10. Only thing is they are heavily depend on thermal and future selling risk is a problem.

Well, it looks like you haven't got it all correct. First, I'd like to point out that HPWR has a PER of 9.6 when priced at 32.00 . It "was" heavily dependent on fuel, but they have increased their hydro power capacity in the past years. If you look at their annual report ( http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/881_1308221591635.pdf ) you will see. I'm not promoting Hemas Power but just correcting what you said.

Then, the matter of PAP reaching 10. It looks unlikely that it would anytime soon based on their financials and the market situation.There have been many discussions about it and you may find them by searching.

To me, it looks like you and MarketInvest both bought PAP at high prices. If that is the case then (you'd probably give me negative rep for this but) i suggest that you both hold it as a long term investment and try not to promote shares in this forum.

8Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Empty Re: Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:07 am

Asiri_I

Asiri_I
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

rijayasooriya wrote:I do not think so.
According to the your knowledge why you are telling so? Very Happy

9Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Empty Re: Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:43 am

StocksWatch

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Marketinvest wrote:Will PAP reach 10 very soon ? I think it should, it should because its the only power company trading very low. More over emage wise purchase is at average of 5.50 to 6 range. This is not a recommendation.

There may be lots of people who bought PAP around Rs. 7-8 during the recent rally and holding with massive unrealized losses. I am sure they will love to hear this.

But the point is it was not so long ago that PAP was trading around Rs. 3.90-4.00. PAP is already up by 25% at Rs. 5.00 when you compare with this price. Has the earnings increased by the same margin during the period? I doubt, correct me if I am wrong.

Anticipating the price to increase further is clearly beyond the fundamentals of this counter but not an impossibility if you take speculation into accout which plays a significant role in regular price fluctuations of these manipulated shares.

10Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Empty Re: Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:07 am

Aamiable

This is what some broker firms say. Asia Capital in their conclusion advice investors to curb their pursuit on low and mid cap speculative counters as the risks and adversities are high.

“Beware” of Speculative Counters and “Hold” Fundamentally Robust
Stocks The ASI was down 47.85 points (WoW) and the MPI was down 94.90
points (WoW) during the week ended 01.07.2011. The Colombo bourse
continued its downward momentum despite higher turnover contributions
by high cap counters. Big block crossings were seen on few large caps
such as Aitken Spence & Co. and Aitken Spence Hotel Holdings with
Distilleries Company of Sri Lanka which had crossings throughout the
trading week mainly due foreign interest. We advice investors to curb
their pursuit on low and mid cap speculative counters as the risk
adversities are high. This may create a negative sentiment on the
potential and incumbent investors about the bourse. We anticipate the
market to prolong with negative momentum, nonetheless, we advice our
investors to accumulate fundamentally robust counters at these
attractive prices to gain on the subsequent bull run.

They seem to except a subsequent bull run. That is what they say..

11Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Empty Re: Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:48 am

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

Asiri_I wrote:
rijayasooriya wrote:I do not think so.
According to the your knowledge why you are telling so? Very Happy
Comparing of share prices in different companies even in the same sector is misleading.
Just look at the share prices of banks.
Above explanation is according to my knowledge.
If it does not suit with ur knowledge U are free to express that Wink

Last edited by rijayasooriya on Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total

12Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Empty Re: Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:56 am

Rajaraam

traderJack wrote:
Rajaraam wrote:At current price this share is very attractive. I calculated the PE assuming Share price is 5.00 then PE comes to 15 , The best among hydro power. But still Hemas power (wkich is a mix Hydro+Thermal) PE is below 10. Only thing is they are heavily depend on thermal and future selling risk is a problem.

Well, it looks like you haven't got it all correct. First, I'd like to point out that HPWR has a PER of 9.6 when priced at 32.00 . It "was" heavily dependent on fuel, but they have increased their hydro power capacity in the past years. If you look at their annual report ( http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/881_1308221591635.pdf ) you will see. I'm not promoting Hemas Power but just correcting what you said.

Then, the matter of PAP reaching 10. It looks unlikely that it would anytime soon based on their financials and the market situation.There have been many discussions about it and you may find them by searching.

To me, it looks like you and MarketInvest both bought PAP at high prices. If that is the case then (you'd probably give me negative rep for this but) i suggest that you both hold it as a long term investment and try not to promote shares in this forum.
I just expressed my view only. I have some quantity of PAP shares in my PF. But at a cost of below 5.03 which I bought recently since I thought even to hold that is a good price for me.(o.25 dividend yield also attractive compared to many low price counters.( Eg; RICH 0.10,GLASS 0.30 NHL 0.05)

13Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Empty Re: Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:57 am

Jana1

traderJack wrote:

I don't know whether they promote or not. But reaching 10 looks impossible. It should touch atlest 6 which can yield at-least 25% return. One rally during upmarket can turn-around. Yes it is lower PE with higher growth( ref last qtr report). March qtr is the worst qtr for hydro power but PAP out-performed. More than 2 times of issued qty had been traded price above 5.5. Wait and see....Smile Hemas power looks lower PE but they have 100MW of thermal power. According Govt sources they want to reduce thermal power that is not sustainable.

14Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Empty Re: Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:35 pm

ISURU

ISURU

@Rajaraam : I think it will be great if you can share your calculations. Smile

15Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Empty is PAP's EPS 0.072? Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:04 pm

ccsentha

Experts what is the actual EPS of PAP?
according to the interim financial statement EPS for 1st quarter is 0.018. so EPS 0.018*4 = 0.072. Hence P/E would be 5 / 0.072 = 69

Am i correct?? (i think i may be making a mistake, please correct me)

How come this be attractive?
(i have considered PAP as a company not as a group)
Link for PAP Interim financial statement

16Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Empty Re: Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:10 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

You need to consider Group EPS not company. However due to the IPO the calculation are done on weighted verage.

Just consider the number of share to be 500,000,000 for calculations to get a better picture

17Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Empty Re: Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:17 pm

ccsentha

slstock wrote:You need to consider Group EPS not company. However due to the IPO the calculation are done on weighted verage.

Just consider the number of share to be 500,000,000 for calculations to get a better picture

Could you please explain me when i should consider "company" and when i shld consider "group"?
or is that i shld always consider gropup financials?

18Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Empty Re: Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:40 pm

Marketinvest

Marketinvest

Anyway PAP is really attractive at current price levels and even the parcels sizes its traded

19Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Empty Re: Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:49 pm

ccsentha

Marketinvest wrote:Anyway PAP is really attractive at current price levels and even the parcels sizes its traded

Could u please tell me why its attractive??

thanks.

20Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Empty Re: Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:52 pm

ccsentha

Thanks "slstock"

21Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Empty Re: Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:01 pm

Marketinvest

Marketinvest

Sl stock , if u see the 177 mn shares by D is around the average of 5.2 to 6. He has paid a premium. This is clearly a strategic investment by him. Therefore its e good time to collect now.

22Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Empty Re: Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:28 pm

Monster

Monster

Marketinvest wrote:Sl stock , if u see the 177 mn shares by D is around the average of 5.2 to 6. He has paid a premium. This is clearly a strategic investment by him. Therefore its e good time to collect now.
If DJ has purchased 177 million shares, it's 1/3 of the total shares. Then he should disclosure it to CSE as an announcement in two working days. But as my understanding, there was no such announcement. My doubt, is he still holding the shares he bought it at premium price? My doubt will be clear, once they release the quarter report.

23Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Empty Re: Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:30 pm

Slstock

Slstock

ccsentha wrote:
slstock wrote:You need to consider Group EPS not company. However due to the IPO the calculation are done on weighted verage.

Could you please explain me when i should consider "company" and when i shld consider "group"?
or is that i shld always consider gropup financials?

Just to simplfy if you see "Group" and Consolidated" use those figure instead of Company.

When entity owns or have subsidiaries it can be a Group.

24Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Empty Re: Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:52 pm

Rajaraam

Calculqtion of PE (PAP) =

EPS(Earning Per Share) As per last financial year Accounts =0.33
Market Price =Rs. 5.00
PE calculation = 5.00/0.33= 15.15

25Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Empty Re: Panasian Power PLC (PAP) Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:11 pm

Rajaraam

ccsentha wrote:Experts what is the actual EPS of PAP?
according to the interim financial statement EPS for 1st quarter is 0.018. so EPS 0.018*4 = 0.072. Hence P/E would be 5 / 0.072 = 69

Am i correct?? (i think i may be making a mistake, please correct me)

How come this be attractive?
(i have considered PAP as a company not as a group)
Link for PAP Interim financial statement
You have taken Cmpany figure and that is also 2010 March Q figure. We have to take annual Group figure to work out the ratios. Accordingly EPS of PAP could be calculated as given below;

EPS for Last financial year ending 31.03.2011 = 0.33
Closing market price (Friday) = 4.90.
Then the PE =4.90/0.33= 14.84

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum