FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Asian stocks drift higher amid rate cut speculation; Japan lags
by Rare Yesterday at 6:17 am

» Bullish about a sustainable turnaround - CSE Chairman
by Rare Yesterday at 5:36 am

» Colombo Stock Market: Where are we heading?
by Rare Fri Sep 13, 2024 1:38 pm

» Impact of Elections on Colombo Stock Market Sentiment
by Rare Fri Sep 13, 2024 1:20 pm

» Post-election winners.
by Rare Fri Sep 13, 2024 12:47 pm

» Stocks on the Radar at CSE
by Rare Fri Sep 13, 2024 12:38 pm

» LVL Energy Fund worth to look into counter cheapest share under utilities sector
by rajithasahan Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:04 pm

» Bangladesh Stock market rose after the interim government took a raft of measures for the stock market.
by Rare Thu Sep 12, 2024 11:37 am

» Commercial Bank PLC: Impact of Bangladesh Crisis
by God Father Mon Sep 09, 2024 10:39 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: 2024 Prediction
by ChooBoy Mon Sep 09, 2024 7:13 pm

» ශ්‍රී ලංකාව: කොටස් වෙළඳපොළ විශ්ලේෂණය - 2024 සැප්තැම්බර්
by ChooBoy Mon Sep 09, 2024 5:10 pm

» LTL Holdings Limited IPO: Devil in Disguise
by Quibit Mon Sep 09, 2024 2:26 pm

» PickMe: Serious Legal Snags ahead of IPO Opening!
by agentnrox Mon Sep 09, 2024 10:43 am

» AI Answer to my Question on Present Stock Market
by Rare Sat Sep 07, 2024 7:12 am

» Stock Market Collapse: Madness or Adjustment?
by Rare Thu Sep 05, 2024 11:47 am

» HNB Bank emerged as the Best Overall Bank for 1H 2024
by Quibit Tue Aug 20, 2024 7:38 pm

» John Keells Holdings PLC share is worth LKR 17/= after Rights Issue and Sub-Division of shares
by Quibit Fri Aug 16, 2024 6:18 pm

» Will we see a post-election rally?
by Rare Fri Aug 16, 2024 2:32 pm

» ජෝන් කීල්ස් හෝල්ඩින්ස් (JKH) කොටසක මිල රු 17/= බැසීමට නියමිතයි!
by ChooBoy Fri Aug 02, 2024 10:20 am

» Ceylon Cold Stores PLC Net Profit Increased by 265%, in 1Q 2024,
by DeepFreakingValue Mon Jul 29, 2024 10:47 pm

» ඉදිරි ජනාධිපතිවරණයේදී රනිල් වික්‍රමසිංහ පරාජය කරන්නේ කෙසේද? කෘතිම බුද්ධිය (AI) ප්‍රතිචාරය:
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon Jul 29, 2024 10:26 am

» Why Investors should stay away from Maharaja Foods PLC
by DeepFreakingValue Mon Jul 29, 2024 5:36 am

» Wire & Cable Sector Analysis
by God Father Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:44 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Post-election winners.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Post-election winners.  Empty Post-election winners. Fri Aug 16, 2024 2:34 pm

Rare

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

All Political parties are talking about local industry, export, Agri & Plantation industry, local manufacturing, Tourism, food security and energy. Besides cannot increase imports as a result of limited foreign reserve. As local producers have to manufacture thing people need, their performance will stay stable.

Don’t you think getting into attractive food, manufacturing and energy stocks with good balance sheets is a good idea? Besides whoever come cannot expect slowdown in tourism, food production, export and any sabotage in the plantation sector. In fact, certain private management is doing a good job in plantation, manufacturing, food and export despite having challenges.  

Quibit likes this post

2Post-election winners.  Empty Re: Post-election winners. Mon Sep 02, 2024 2:03 pm

Rare

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Is it good time to buy?

3Post-election winners.  Empty Re: Post-election winners. Mon Sep 02, 2024 2:07 pm

DeepFreakingValue

DeepFreakingValue
Manager - Equity Analytics

NPP Election Manifesto and Future Investment Opportunities in Sri Lanka
Based on the NPP Election Manifesto 2024 and the potential policies that Anura Kumara Dissanayake might implement if he becomes President of Sri Lanka, several sectors and companies could see growth. Here are some stocks and companies that might benefit:

1. Renewable Energy Companies
Why: The NPP manifesto emphasizes a strong focus on sustainable and renewable energy surces like solar, wind, and hydro. Companies involved in renewable energy projects could see increased demand and government support.
Potential Companies: LVL Energy PLC, Windforce PLC, Vallibel Power and other listed renewable energy companies or those planning to expand into renewable energy projects.

2. Agricultural and Agro-Industrial Companies
Why: The manifesto plans to boost the agricultural sector through organic farming and technological support. Companies involved in agro-industries, fertilizers, and farming equipment could benefit from increased investments and incentives.
Potential Companies: Ceylon Grain Elevators PLC, CIC Holdings PLC, and other companies with exposure to agriculture and food production.

3. Technology and Digital Services
Why: The NPP manifesto mentions a push towards digital transformation, including enhancing the IT infrastructure, promoting digital businesses, and supporting tech startups. Companies in software development, digital services, and IT infrastructure could thrive.
Potential Companies: Listed tech companies or companies providing digital solutions, cybersecurity services, or involved in the digital transformation of other sectors.

4. Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals
Why: With plans to expand universal health coverage and promote local pharmaceutical production, companies in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sectors could see growth.
Potential Companies: Ceylon Hospitals PLC, The Lanka Hospitals Corporation PLC, and other companies involved in healthcare services and pharmaceutical manufacturing.

5. Construction and Infrastructure Companies
Why: The manifesto may include infrastructure development projects such as roads, hospitals, and public utilities to support economic growth, creating opportunities for companies in construction and infrastructure.
Potential Companies: Access Engineering PLC, Sierra Cables PLC, and other construction-related companies.

6. Tourism and Hospitality
Why: With a focus on sustainable tourism, including eco-tourism and cultural tourism, companies in the tourism and hospitality sector might benefit from increased tourist arrivals and investment in tourism infrastructure.
Potential Companies: John Keells Holdings PLC, Aitken Spence Hotel Holdings PLC, and other companies with interests in hotels and travel.

7. Telecommunications
Why: A digital push might also mean improvements in telecom infrastructure and services, benefiting companies in the telecommunications sector.
Potential Companies: Dialog Axiata PLC, Sri Lanka Telecom PLC, and other telecom providers.

4Post-election winners.  Empty Re: Post-election winners. Mon Sep 02, 2024 2:25 pm

Rare

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Thank you for the information. I completely rebalanced my portfolio to get high dividend and long-term capital gain.  Also Raised some cash. Stocks in my concentrate portfolio are never sell stocks. I can think about reinvesting my dividend income  during market sell-off. Good time to have some high dividend yield stocks as well.

5Post-election winners.  Empty Re: Post-election winners. Mon Sep 02, 2024 6:47 pm

D.G.Dayaratne

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

I AM ALSO DOINNG SAME THING. I THINK MARKET WILL GO UP FEW DAYS AFTER THE ELECTION.

6Post-election winners.  Empty Re: Post-election winners. Mon Sep 02, 2024 7:25 pm

DeepFreakingValue

DeepFreakingValue

Stock predictions post-election?
Predicting stock market performance, especially following an election, involves a high degree of uncertainty. For the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE) in particular, stock predictions post-election in Sri Lanka will depend on a range of factors, including the election outcome, the political and economic environment, investor sentiment, and global economic conditions. Here’s a breakdown of the potential scenarios and factors that could influence stock predictions post-election:

1. Election Outcome and Political Stability
Positive Outcome (Market-Friendly Government or Clear Mandate): If the election results in a government perceived as stable and market-friendly, we could see a positive reaction in the CSE. Investors generally favor clear mandates that suggest a steady policy direction, reducing uncertainty and potentially leading to a rally in stocks.
Negative Outcome (Political Uncertainty or Unfavorable Policies): Conversely, if the election results in a hung parliament, political instability, or a government expected to implement market-unfriendly policies, stock markets could react negatively. Prolonged uncertainty or fear of economic mismanagement can cause a sell-off.

2. Economic Policies and Reforms
Pro-Growth Economic Policies: If the newly elected government announces pro-growth policies such as infrastructure development, tax cuts, or regulatory reforms aimed at boosting business, key sectors could perform well. Financials, consumer goods, construction, and industrials might see an uptick.
Austerity or Tight Fiscal Policies: On the other hand, if the government needs to implement austerity measures to manage debt or curb inflation, certain sectors might underperform due to reduced consumer spending and government expenditure.

3. Investor Sentiment and Confidence
Boosted Confidence: A decisive election result with clear policy direction can enhance investor confidence, leading to increased foreign and domestic investment. This can cause broad-based gains in the market.
Wary Sentiment: If investors are cautious about the new government’s ability to manage the economy or fear potential instability, market sentiment could turn negative, leading to a cautious or bearish market stance.

4. Sector-Specific Impacts
Infrastructure and Construction: If the government focuses on infrastructure projects, this sector may experience gains due to increased public spending.
Financials: Banks and financial services companies may benefit from stability and pro-growth policies but could suffer under economic austerity or higher taxes.
Consumer Goods and Retail: Likely to be influenced by consumer confidence and disposable income levels, which are tied to economic policy and stability.
Tourism and Hospitality: A government that prioritizes stability and security may boost this sector, especially if it aligns with post-pandemic recovery and foreign investment in tourism.

5. Global Economic Conditions
External Influences: Global economic conditions, such as interest rates, commodity prices, and geopolitical tensions, also play a role in determining market behavior post-election. For instance, if global markets are experiencing a downturn, it may dampen the positive effects of a favorable election outcome locally.
Foreign Investment: Global investor sentiment toward emerging markets like Sri Lanka will influence the CSE. Positive election outcomes that align with global economic trends could attract foreign investors, while negative outcomes or global instability could deter them.

6. Macroeconomic Indicators
Inflation and Interest Rates: Inflationary pressures and interest rates set by the Central Bank of Sri Lanka will significantly impact stock prices. If inflation is controlled and rates are favorable, there could be upward pressure on stocks. High inflation or rising interest rates could have the opposite effect.

7. Historical Trends
Past Election Reactions: Examining how the CSE reacted in previous elections might offer insights. Generally, markets react positively to clear outcomes and negatively to uncertainty or unfavorable policy announcements. Historical patterns can provide some context but are not definitive predictors of future performance.

Post-election stock predictions for the Colombo Stock Exchange will largely depend on the election's clarity, the stability of the new government, their economic policy stance, and how these align with investor expectations. It is essential for investors to stay informed about both domestic political developments and global economic trends. Diversification and cautious investment strategies are advisable in such volatile and uncertain times.

Ultimately, while certain sectors might be poised to benefit based on anticipated policies, the overall market direction will depend on a complex interplay of these factors.

7Post-election winners.  Empty Re: Post-election winners. Tue Sep 03, 2024 1:12 pm

Rare

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Global indexes are hitting all time high again and again with wall of worry. At some point overvalued markets could dropped massively. On the other hand, overlooked undervalued markets can go up rapidly. I found lifetime opportunities in the CSE. I pick best managed companies having sustainable business and not the entire market. 

Biggy likes this post

8Post-election winners.  Empty Re: Post-election winners. Wed Sep 04, 2024 1:07 pm

Rare

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Massive sell-off can be seen in world markets as they are massively overpriced.  Right now, the best place to park money is very attractive assets which are trading at fair prices or massively beating down prices. 

9Post-election winners.  Empty Re: Post-election winners. Thu Sep 05, 2024 5:31 am

D.G.Dayaratne

AAMOST All shares will go up under ANURA

BECAUSE OF MERITROCRACY.ZERO CORRPTIONS, SOCIAL MARKET ECONOMY AND DEMOCRACY

IT WILL BE UNBLEVABLY WONDERFUL COUNTRY.

WAIT AND SEE

(I AM FROM REALSLFP   VILLAGE FAMILY, THIS IS MY CANDID OPRNION.)

Biggy likes this post

empire dislikes this post

10Post-election winners.  Empty Re: Post-election winners. Thu Sep 05, 2024 12:03 pm

Rare

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Markets are unpredictable. Sentiment can change suddenly and when nobody is prepared. Some reasons for weak market scenario are new IPOs, large bond issues and right issues.

I’m bullish on the CSE specially on selected stocks. Massive gain can be expected from over the coming 5 to 10 years. I’m slowly and surely getting bullish on selected stocks based on their cash flow with good asset base.

Things to watch:
Announcement of government funds to enter market along with appointment  of impartial professional in government institutions with large funds
Aggressive buying by foreign investors. There is chance for them to look at undervalued emerging markets as currently other markets are extremely in danger zone.

Quibit likes this post

11Post-election winners.  Empty Re: Post-election winners. Sat Sep 07, 2024 7:00 am

Rare

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

I expect market rally after bringing stability to the political system (once complete presidential election) and bring confidence to the investors. In my case, I don’t have to do anything to my portfolio. I just want to sit and wait. Any huge sell-off is great opportunity for me as I want to empty my bank account. By investing in cash rich companies with attractive valuation at least can expect dividends during low interest rates environment and bonus issues. In my view good time to take positions in undervalued markets. Even in undervalued markets, there are overlooked massively attractive stocks. They are trading at a fraction of its real value. Other overvalued markets are vulnerable to big-sell off. Currently oil is sinking despite geopolitical crisis. Other overvalued stocks and commodities are also falling. Next, they will follow bitcoin. It’s also due for huge sell-off.

agentnrox likes this post

12Post-election winners.  Empty Re: Post-election winners. Mon Sep 09, 2024 12:01 pm

agentnrox

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Mr. @Rare Could you pls mention some cash rich counters ? Then I can do my research as well. Thanks

Biggy likes this post

13Post-election winners.  Empty Re: Post-election winners. Mon Sep 09, 2024 6:30 pm

Biggy

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Am not @Rare but lets Compare 😉 ... KCAB APLA GRAN TAFL

agentnrox likes this post

14Post-election winners.  Empty Re: Post-election winners. Wed Sep 11, 2024 1:20 pm

Rare

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

I started to add stocks of companies with sustainable businesses in small quantities. 

15Post-election winners.  Empty Re: Post-election winners. Fri Sep 13, 2024 12:34 pm

Rare

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Biggy wrote:Am not @Rare but lets Compare 😉 ... KCAB APLA GRAN TAFL
They are really good stocks, but one risk is volatility of raw material prices. Their main strength is financial strength. In case of APLA and KCAB demand for their products can stay strong when there is a high demand during period of high activities in various industries including construction.  Similarly, demand can drop during period of low activities in industries. Rising tourism and rising middle population will create demand for food stocks which include poultry.  Althoug I like both  Tafl and gran I like gran more because it has high dividend yields despite tafl being one of the most valuable stocks in the market. I bought Gran when it was trading below Rs.100 and recently added little bit around Rs.180. All of above companies managed their businesses sucessfully during period of covid-19(black swan situation) as well. 

Last edited by Rare on Fri Sep 13, 2024 1:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

16Post-election winners.  Empty Re: Post-election winners. Fri Sep 13, 2024 12:47 pm

Rare

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Any promising stocks in your mind? Once complete election and establish political system without any violence and bring confidence to the market participants, investors will come as droves to buy stocks. 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum