FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Yesterday at 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pls Advise for my new job.

+10
ha_na
sniper_kay
samueldaniel7
Hiru
Genting
xmart
windi5
Marketinvest
player
ROHAN
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Pls Advise for my new job. Empty Pls Advise for my new job. Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:11 pm

ROHAN

ROHAN
Manager - Equity Analytics

I was applyed job vacancy last week for ''Portfolio executive'' post in privete company,,any way when i going to interview i was selected for that job Very Happy ,,you know what i want do ? there are two company that they made profite they invest share market,,i want to manage there money investing shares and get profite,,money is nothing to them,my besic salary Rs.30000 + 5% profit(when i made profit).this is my frist experiece this kind of job and have 2 years experience investing CSE as a freelancer.
i havent nothing to get advice for it when my ask frends i want to explain what is the share market to them,they dont no nothing about share market, only have to way get some idea this forum.

what you think that job,any one have experiece ''Portfolio executive'' pls share with me

expert and others comment for me go to right way THANKS.

http://lk.duinvest.com/portal/LKCSE/homePage.html

2Pls Advise for my new job. Empty Re: Pls Advise for my new job. Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:38 pm

player

player

brother can you tell me your qualifications to have the post,as i know portfolio mgt is not only abt stock market....ill tell you after your reply Very Happy

3Pls Advise for my new job. Empty Re: Pls Advise for my new job. Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:53 pm

Marketinvest

Marketinvest
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Rohan , its a very good job role. But be very careful and vigilant, since u have been trading for the last 2 yrs, u should be knowing about how the shit works in cse. So only advice i can give is be really careful. And if u play well u could reach sky high. Best of luck...

4Pls Advise for my new job. Empty Re: Pls Advise for my new job. Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:20 am

ROHAN

ROHAN

brother can you tell me your qualifications to have the post,as i know portfolio mgt is not only abt stock market....ill tell you after your reply

only qualifications investing last 2 years this sector,others are my sales and marketing qualifications,,they called for the job candidate must 3 years experience in any securities forum,,

5Pls Advise for my new job. Empty Re: Pls Advise for my new job. Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:39 am

windi5

windi5

Congratz Roshan.Hope you will make miracles to the new company with your all experience at CSE Very Happy . If have any doubt how shit works pl contact Mr.Marketinvest. lol!

6Pls Advise for my new job. Empty Re: Pls Advise for my new job. Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:27 am

xmart

xmart

Fantastic. here we will have another HNWI now. Rohan, if you manipulate shares by their funds, please let the forum aware of that. then togather we can make CSE hell in a hell by pushing ALUF to 500. ECL to 10 and BLUE to 20.

just kidding mate, wish you all the success!

7Pls Advise for my new job. Empty Re: Pls Advise for my new job. Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:55 am

Genting

u seems to got my dream job
U get to play with their money and get 5% from their profit
How much is the given PF?

8Pls Advise for my new job. Empty Re: Pls Advise for my new job. Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:28 am

Hiru

My congratulations!

You are to become a good millionaire if not billionaire soon. I too have such kind of arrangement and it is about to start.

But the arrangement is like this;

Upto 50% of profit, my commission is NIL,

From 50% to 100%, 25% of second 50%

If there is any profit beyond 100% of the investment, I will get 50% of that together with 25% of second 50% (50% to 100%).

You may think this is an one sided (stupid) and I will not receive any thing as more than 50% of the investment is not almost practical in current market. But I am pretty sure that I am capable of doing this not in the short term but in the long term and without depending on this I am receiving five figure salary too while I am using the same effort that is used with my personal portfolio in which I have been very successful.

9Pls Advise for my new job. Empty Re: Pls Advise for my new job. Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:54 am

ROHAN

ROHAN

thanks HIRU are you think this job headech

10Pls Advise for my new job. Empty Re: Pls Advise for my new job. Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:06 am

Hiru

ROHAN wrote:thanks HIRU are you think this job headech

Really not. This is a challenging but rewarding job if put your effort with sufficient caution and homework. Intuition too may play a vital role. Play the game thinking that funds provided by the company is your own money. Then you will be able to be ethical in your all decisions.

But, do not spend entire amount of your fixed salary for your expenses because then you will be upset when there is no commission in a particular month, which is a source of frustration.

11Pls Advise for my new job. Empty Re: Pls Advise for my new job. Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:03 pm

samueldaniel7

Its a nice job mate, do the technical analysis and base your decision on that, 50% profit is nothing on this type of volatile market
Good luck

http://samueldaniel7.blogspot.com

12Pls Advise for my new job. Empty Re: Pls Advise for my new job. Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:54 am

sniper_kay

sniper_kay
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Congrads Rohan, You will do well.
Good advice from Hiru!

13Pls Advise for my new job. Empty Re: Pls Advise for my new job. Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:38 am

ha_na

As you asked comments I’ll do like this.

What is your tract record of managing somebody else money?

I’m not asking about 2009-10 bull market but before that. Last bull market any fool can be a fund manager and every fool did.

Remember it is not your money that is the most dangerous point. If you are not discipline and control that money will vanished in few second.

ROHAN wrote:I was applyed job vacancy last week for ''Portfolio executive'' post in privete company,,any way when i going to interview i was selected for that job Very Happy ,,you know what i want do ? there are two company that they made profite they invest share market,,i want to manage there money investing shares and get profite,,money is nothing to them,my besic salary Rs.30000 + 5% profit(when i made profit).this is my frist experiece this kind of job and have 2 years experience investing CSE as a freelancer.
i havent nothing to get advice for it when my ask frends i want to explain what is the share market to them,they dont no nothing about share market, only have to way get some idea this forum.

what you think that job,any one have experiece ''Portfolio executive'' pls share with me

expert and others comment for me go to right way THANKS.

14Pls Advise for my new job. Empty Re: Pls Advise for my new job. Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:48 am

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Experience and above avg knowledge pays a big role in portfolio management..

If you're not in a hurry top cash in your 5%; you can allocate the funds like this;
50% - up to six months investments (u get 5% after 6 months)
25% - up to 3 months investments (u get 5% after 3 months)
25% - Day trades or short term trades (u get 5% after trade ends)

In this way you're securing a guranteed income for 6 months.. After the first 3 months, u can cash in your 3 months investment and calculate what u can do with it.. I mean u can consider it for short term or again for 3 months depend on market situ..

Hypothesis - Ur allowed to vary your allocation by ur self.

Just my thoughts, I can be very wrong.. Its very risky to play with some1 else's money..

15Pls Advise for my new job. Empty Re: Pls Advise for my new job. Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:35 pm

Surangaby

Surangaby
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Dear Rohan,
Playing with Rich man's money is the same as Playing with Rich man's Wife.
It could get you to the Moon or it could put you 6 feet below.
It requires a big Brain power.
For the last 2 years U were after small fish in shallow water,with a small net,Risk and other factors were relevant.
But now U are "Forced" to catch "BiG" fish with huge nets in deep water.
Consider Salary & other ++'s are as "Tip of the Ice Burg"which is 1/3rd. And the other hidden 2/3 is the Responsibility.
I'm not trying to discourage you Rohan. Be prepared..! Good Luck!

16Pls Advise for my new job. Empty Re: Pls Advise for my new job. Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:13 pm

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Surangaby wrote:Dear Rohan,
Playing with Rich man's money is the same as Playing with Rich man's Wife.
It could get you to the Moon or it could put you 6 feet below.
It requires a big Brain power.
For the last 2 years U were after small fish in shallow water,with a small net,Risk and other factors were relevant.
But now U are "Forced" to catch "BiG" fish with huge nets in deep water.
Consider Salary & other ++'s are as "Tip of the Ice Burg"which is 1/3rd. And the other hidden 2/3 is the Responsibility.
I'm not trying to discourage you Rohan. Be prepared..! Good Luck!
This is really a good piece of advice with a self explanatory example of richman's wife.
+rep from me.

17Pls Advise for my new job. Empty Re: Pls Advise for my new job. Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:12 pm

schacha

For Current CSE past experience has no value it seems.
Because almost all predictions, all calculations made by many experts proven false.
Even in bear market there are bull stocks. How to find them? Play the chance?
Surangaby has given U good point to analyze.
Good luck..!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum