FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Sri Lanka key Economic Indicators and Future Outlook for 2024
by God Father Today at 12:36 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by God Father Today at 12:29 pm

» HSENID BUSINESS SOLUTIONS PLC (HBS.N0000)
by God Father Today at 12:19 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by glad Today at 3:57 am

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by D.G.Dayaratne Yesterday at 1:58 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 3:43 am

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 3:16 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Tue May 14, 2024 10:31 pm

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Mon May 13, 2024 6:50 pm

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Sun May 12, 2024 6:50 pm

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 5:50 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 5:48 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 6:50 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 2:07 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 1:39 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 11:52 am

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 11:42 am

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 6:51 am

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 4:21 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 4:01 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:31 pm

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:10 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:54 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:52 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:56 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Force selling going on

+7
Gaja
Aamiable
rcharindu
duke
kj
udul
roshanalv
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Force selling going on  Empty Force selling going on Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:19 am

roshanalv

roshanalv
Manager - Equity Analytics

I cant understand why brokers are doing force selling @ this stage. We r about to receive decision from SEC, why brokers mess up the situation.(@ the moment Capital Alliance executing force selling)

Last edited by roshanalv on Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:32 am; edited 2 times in total

2Force selling going on  Empty Re: Force selling going on Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:21 am

udul

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

I think they need to cover their previous credit before going to the new credit situation it means we can see some gd news tz week Very Happy

3Force selling going on  Empty Re: Force selling going on Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:23 am

kj

kj
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

ya you are correct roshanalv..
i got a call from my broker today to clear my balance.
broker firm -- Asia sec

4Force selling going on  Empty Re: Force selling going on Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:42 am

duke

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

why do you buy shares if you can't pay or hasn't setup a margin facility or hasn't even arranged a loan from a bank? I can't understand the sri lankans.

do you do the same when you buy a loaf of bread? ask for bread then tell the baker 'what do you mean I have to pay?'

5Force selling going on  Empty Re: Force selling going on Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:45 am

roshanalv

roshanalv

duke wrote:why do you buy shares if you can't pay or hasn't setup a margin facility or hasn't even arranged a loan from a bank? I can't understand the sri lankans.

U think all the business run on their own money, no business can run without credit ( Be practical )

6Force selling going on  Empty Re: Force selling going on Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:50 am

duke

roshanalv wrote:
duke wrote:why do you buy shares if you can't pay or hasn't setup a margin facility or hasn't even arranged a loan from a bank? I can't understand the sri lankans.

U think all the business run on their own money, no business can run without credit ( Be practical )

When you take a car loan you the bank takes the car as the collateral. When you take a house loan they take the land as the collateral. When you take a credit card the bank checks for proof of your monthly income. When you setup up a margin account banks calculate the worth of your stocks you put in there. In case you cannot pay they have a security. Why is that Colombo stocks should be different?

Good thing your baker is not a nutcase like the SEC.

7Force selling going on  Empty Re: Force selling going on Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:54 am

rcharindu

rcharindu

when Force selling going on...

ASI only down by .5%-.7%
Turnover abt 2.2 B
Shares 105M

seems like something big going to happen..... bounce

8Force selling going on  Empty Re: Force selling going on Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:56 am

Aamiable

Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Turnover is increasing

9Force selling going on  Empty Re: Force selling going on Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:01 am

Gaja

Associate Director - Equity Analytics

roshanalv wrote:

Friends in Sri Lanka 99.99% business run on credit, but if you default to repay on time will the lender keep quite!

10Force selling going on  Empty Re: Force selling going on Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:33 am

thepora101

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

do you do the same when you buy a loaf of bread? ask for bread then tell the baker 'what do you mean I have to pay?'

Very TRUE............. All these gambling attitude is the eventual result of market downfall.... Mad

11Force selling going on  Empty Re: Force selling going on Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:36 am

Rajitha

Rajitha
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

duke wrote:
roshanalv wrote:

When you take a car loan you the bank takes the car as the collateral. When you take a house loan they take the land as the collateral. When you take a credit card the bank checks for proof of your monthly income. When you setup up a margin account banks calculate the worth of your stocks you put in there. In case you cannot pay they have a security. Why is that Colombo stocks should be different?

I think you are the one who has got it backwards m8! Even before they did took your shares as collateral! Even now from margin trading that's what they are doing. The brokers are now asking for a similar thing as you mentioned which was practiced even before! To allow them to give credit to a certain extent by keeping their existing stocks as collateral.
How do you think all the big business are run these days? they run on loans from banks and the small retailers are asking for the SEC to allow the brokering firms to allow them to have credit in a similar manner!
How hard is it for you to understand ?

12Force selling going on  Empty Re: Force selling going on Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:36 am

RDS

RDS

Rajitha wrote:
duke wrote:
roshanalv wrote:

I think you are the one who has got it backwards m8! Even before they did took your shares as collateral! Even now from margin trading that's what they are doing. The brokers are now asking for a similar thing as you mentioned which was practiced even before! To allow them to give credit to a certain extent by keeping their existing stocks as collateral.
How do you think all the big business are run these days? they run on loans from banks and the small retailers are asking for the SEC to allow the brokering firms to allow them to have credit in a similar manner!

Agree with Rajitha,
U all will understand when u going to take a loan from bank as small investor.
They ask massive things & take long time to proceed, but they will not ask those things from HNWIs & proceed loan within few days.

My question is aren't we suitable for take loan at least 50% of PF.

13Force selling going on  Empty Re: Force selling going on Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:40 am

Gaja

RDS wrote:
Rajitha wrote:
duke wrote:
roshanalv wrote:

Agree with Rajitha,
They ask massive things & take long time to proceed, but they will not ask those things from HNWIs & proceed loan within few days.

There is nothing wrong in getting 50% of the PF as loan, but don't forget the fact the market value changes every minutes, so if your the value of your shares come down then the broker will call you to deposit the difference if you can deposit the money then no problem at all! But if you failed to deposit then broker will sell the shares to recover the difference here don't forget they will not mind as to whether you made the profit or loss!

14Force selling going on  Empty Re: Force selling going on Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:46 am

RDS

RDS

There is nothing wrong in getting 50% of the PF as loan, but don't forget the fact the market value changes every minutes, so if your the value of your shares come down then the broker will call you to deposit the difference if you can deposit the money then no problem at all! But if you failed to deposit then broker will sell the shares to recover the difference here don't forget they will not mind as to whether you made the profit or loss! [/quote]

no question with that, without force selling it is better to transfer to marginal account or either interest charge. if market going down we have to settle before marginal call

15Force selling going on  Empty Re: Force selling going on Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:26 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha

Gaja wrote:
RDS wrote:
Rajitha wrote:
duke wrote:
roshanalv wrote:

Agree with Rajitha,

There is nothing wrong in getting 50% of the PF as loan, but don't forget the fact the market value changes every minutes, so if your the value of your shares come down then the broker will call you to deposit the difference if you can deposit the money then no problem at all! But if you failed to deposit then broker will sell the shares to recover the difference here don't forget they will not mind as to whether you made the profit or loss!

Who asked for a 50% PF credit ? That was given by brokers as they wished and eve nthats IMO is enough collateral! As I posted before all I'm asking is a 20% credit facility and thast also with my current portfolio value! I Can't remember the brokers ever asking people to settle the credit they have used even when have grated over 50% credit!
All this settling of credit came after SEC interference! This was like Central bank in Sri Lanka saying to the other local banks you have to collect all the credit loans you have given by this and this dates and you can not hand loans to any one else! We are making a separate entity that can give loans to the big businessmen in Sri Lanka. What do you think if something like that happen ?

16Force selling going on  Empty Re: Force selling going on Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:47 pm

CHASE

CHASE

I
also thing allowing broker credit will be a smart move. Then there will be force selling
only investors who use more than the limit. It wont be a much effect to the mkt.
Even I like if SEC change T+3 to T+0. Then
mkt will be 100% cash & only the investors will be on credit if they buy
without money.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum