FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Will share market be taxed after new Gazette./manik de silva
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 27, 2024 2:14 pm

» Focus on Government controlled entities
by Ekanayake90 Mon May 27, 2024 7:31 am

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by Ekanayake90 Mon May 27, 2024 7:29 am

» Seylan Bank did not pay final coupon of expired debentures
by Gaudente Wed May 22, 2024 2:32 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by agentnrox Wed May 22, 2024 1:50 pm

» HSENID BUSINESS SOLUTIONS PLC (HBS.N0000)
by K.R Wed May 22, 2024 7:46 am

» Richard Pieris Exports PLC (REXP.N0000) future looks bleak!
by God Father Mon May 20, 2024 10:08 pm

» Sri Lanka key Economic Indicators and Future Outlook for 2024
by God Father Mon May 20, 2024 6:06 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by God Father Mon May 20, 2024 5:59 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by glad Mon May 20, 2024 9:27 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Re-entry #PCH

+11
sampath2009
smallville
mark
xmart
tubal
mono
RockStock
anu
wis
Rajitha
invest-abc
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Re-entry #PCH Empty Re-entry #PCH Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:12 am

invest-abc

Manager - Equity Analytics

Sometime back I had around 200k PCH which I had collected below the IPO price and sold around Rs. 15. PCH is not a bad share but at that time felt Rs.15 was a fair value to exit. But now with the latest developments (press releases on growth plans and future stategy etc.) what would be a good price to re-enter????? (last Qtr EPS - 0.22 / Annualised EPS - 0.88). Therefore, if I enter at Rs. 20 that would be at a PE of 22. (I feel PE of 22 is not that bad for a IT stock which is in a growth phase) ...Your valuable ideas pls..... Idea

2Re-entry #PCH Empty Re: Re-entry #PCH Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:15 am

Rajitha

Rajitha
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Go plz check what PCH does than look at the sector PCH is put by SEC! Its like saying CFVF need a PE of over 20 because it is bank!
Also here is the Bright future of PCH real operations!
http://www.ft.lk/2011/02/15/consumers%E2%80%99-purchases-of-computers-mobile-phones-to-dip-newer-gadgets-to-soar/

3Re-entry #PCH Empty Re: Re-entry #PCH Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:36 am

wis

PCH is a retail company selling computers. That is their core business. Although they're starting up a small software division etc that is not what affects their bottom line. So it doesn't deserve a high PE ratio.
Just to give you a fact, most large companies I know for example buy 200+ lot PCs directly from USA etc at once. They don't go through local retail companies. Because when they buy a standard machine configuration like that their IT department can just replace after sales service. Just replace a faulty component from a similar one and fix it. So they don't have to go thorough waiting for inconsistent and unreliable after sales services. Only companies needing a few computers buy them from 100s of local retailers. Even individuals import directly now. Same as in vehicles.

4Re-entry #PCH Empty Re: Re-entry #PCH Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:32 am

anu

anu

Successful companies need to evolve with time. It is the responsibility of the management. Singer is not selling sewing machines alone, though it was their core business. LOLC is not only doing leasing, though it was their core business until middle of last decade. Softlogic is not only with IT related areas though it was their core business.

If someone believes that PCH will evolve themselves, move ahead of times, venture into areas of higher yield while maximising their core competencies, then it is his calculated risk, for which he may get higher return.

For a growing company at the early stages, the PE will be misleading. So if someone wants to take a higher risk and bet on the future of PCH, why not? Other investors better wait for at least 2 more quarters to be sure whether the strategies of the current management is boiling down to numbers in the top and bottom line.

Bashing or praising PCH at the moment may be too early. I find both extremes are busy in this forum.. I suggest to exercise a bit of restraint...

Last edited by anu on Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake)

5Re-entry #PCH Empty Re: Re-entry #PCH Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:28 am

RockStock

"You must come to the realization that,
you will never learn how to win until you first learn how to lose."

P.S. This is not anti PCH nor Pro PCH

6Re-entry #PCH Empty Re: Re-entry #PCH Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:30 am

mono

mono
Vice President - Equity Analytics

lovely!

i guess people have abandoned even the faux arguments, now it's strictly platitudes. lol!

but remember what i said sometime ago when this stock was 29. i said it will come down to 20. but even at 20 it seems people are reluctant to buy

7Re-entry #PCH Empty Re: Re-entry #PCH Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:41 am

RockStock

Nothing to argue about. There are many better stocks than PCH in the market as well as many worse stocks. My principle is as far as I can get a considerable capital gain I do trade in irrespective of blue chips or penny share or Whatever unless it's not going to bankrupt in near future. However I got a larger capital gain from PCH(as I entered and exited at correct time) than those who hold into celebrity blue chip shares like JKH,SPEN,DIAL etc during last few monts

8Re-entry #PCH Empty Re: Re-entry #PCH Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:10 am

invest-abc

RockStock wrote:Nothing to argue about. There are many better stocks than PCH in the market as well as many worse stocks. My principle is as far as I can get a considerable capital gain I do trade in irrespective of blue chips or penny share or Whatever unless it's not going to bankrupt in near future. However I got a larger capital gain from PCH(as I entered and exited at correct time) than those who hold into celebrity blue chip shares like JKH,SPEN,DIAL etc during last few monts

Agreed! we need to make quick and bold decisions to make money through trading......"the best companies are not always the best trading opportunities"

9Re-entry #PCH Empty Re: Re-entry #PCH Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:02 pm

mono

mono

ha ha....

is that the new PCH mantra. I could swear that a few weeks ago people were talking about breaking barriers all the way to 100. now where is sampath2009?

maybe you guys weren't in that group. or maybe you chaps silently switched to this new "PCH is/was a wonderful trading opportunity" group.

Whatever the case maybe now, PCH was never presented as a trading stock. it was presented as a stock where you put your life saving to see it appreciate 500% every year. And the reason you chaps can gloat about your capital gains is that more than enough people were deceived into believing that nonsense. the violent anti-PCH movement was a response to this bullshit that was being peddled by MW et al.

Trading opportunities are a plenty in CSE but if people talk about trading stocks as opposed to investing in stocks that conversation has to include an exit strategy. I never heard of a PCH exit strategy by anyone back then. And now talking about how much money you made exiting at the right time is nothing short of masturbation.

10Re-entry #PCH Empty Re: Re-entry #PCH Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:13 pm

tubal

Sorry mono, I am out of votes again.

11Re-entry #PCH Empty Re: Re-entry #PCH Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:17 pm

xmart

xmart
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

invest-abc, it is very risky method. end of the day you will die from heart attack in such young age.
Sad
i can remember person called nithu @investnow.lk imply such theory with GREG. but i don't know whether she got a heart attack. Sad

basically, I think your method is very risky. this is not about any shares. if you trade technically even with bad shares you will win. safest and profitable way to me is, technical trading of fundamentally sound stocks. then, even technical fail, i'm safe with fundamental. then i can have a good sleep too. Sleep

12Re-entry #PCH Empty Re: Re-entry #PCH Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:40 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

i'll buy back if it dropped to 13-14 levels for sure and will hold on until next quarter...........but i'm not sure of such a drop.......

13Re-entry #PCH Empty Re: Re-entry #PCH Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:56 pm

invest-abc

Thanks for all the comments....I still have not purchased any PCH.... Cool ....after all I thought of adopting a wait and see approach...anyway I'll will collect more and more LGL.

14Re-entry #PCH Empty Re: Re-entry #PCH Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:58 pm

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

invest-abc wrote:Thanks for all the comments....I still have not purchased any PCH.... Cool ....after all I thought of adopting a wait and see approach...anyway I'll will collect more and more LGL.

Thats the best srtegy at this time.. Dont try to do day trading with PCH.. its sophisticated and u may come out ur fingers burnt than u see a heap of money on ur door step..
For any new comer or any1 who has not done any findings, this is not recommended..
All of u have great shares in the current market than tying to get a quick buck out of PCH.. consider this as a long term investors and if you wanna buy. .buy around 19-20.. I doubt this will go back to 18s.. but current rates are good for collection for a long term investment... A word of causation for players Evil or Very Mad

15Re-entry #PCH Empty Re: Re-entry #PCH Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:06 am

sampath2009

sampath2009
Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

mono wrote:ha ha....

is that the new PCH mantra. I could swear that a few weeks ago people were talking about breaking barriers all the way to 100. now where is sampath2009?

@ Mono,

Wena deyak bala gena, thiyena deyak kala innawa....

but I repeat, #PCH will bullish again asap and will rise up from this dirty ashes.

And another thing Mono.

I noticed; in this forum 90% against PCH and investnow.lk

So in that case, I don't want to waste my time here.

but I like to share a bible poem with all of you

" Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.
For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone;
The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land."
Bible - Song of Solomon

Good Luck !

16Re-entry #PCH Empty Re: Re-entry #PCH Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:12 pm

mono

mono

sampath2009 wrote:
mono wrote:ha ha....

@ Mono,

Wena deyak bala gena, thiyena deyak kala innawa....

but I repeat, #PCH will bullish again asap and will rise up from this dirty ashes.

And another thing Mono.

I noticed; in this forum 90% against PCH and investnow.lk

So in that case, I don't want to waste my time here.

but I like to share a bible poem with all of you

" Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.
For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone;
The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land."
Bible - Song of Solomon

Good Luck !

sapumal2009,

last time u also said pch will 'gear up asap', ei mokak da une? maybe this time it will work. Although my real worry is not now. but what is in store for PCH in late march early april when the market goes into retraction. It seems to me the big share holders have sold out already, there is plenty of evidence of this considering the 300-400K sell orders we see everyday. so now the liquidity is maintained by the 'supiri investors'. I wonder how long these 'supiri investors' can hold on Rolling Eyes

BTW, i honestly don't think anthropomorphizing a stock is the best investment strategy, especially while giving it biblical context.

Rolling Eyes

Last edited by mono on Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

17Re-entry #PCH Empty Re: Re-entry #PCH Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:24 pm

tubal

Here is a word of advice to those who have now switched to prayers PCH is now heavily oversold. there will be a small upturn soon maybe even friday. Make use of it.

18Re-entry #PCH Empty Re: Re-entry #PCH Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:27 pm

mono

mono

tubal wrote:Here is a word of advice to those who have now switched to prayers PCH is now heavily oversold. there will be a small upturn soon maybe even friday. Make use of it.

it's not oversold if the selling was done by people like senthil. Wink if that is the case there is another wave of sellers left in the wings. although this has to turn around sooner or later

19Re-entry #PCH Empty Re: Re-entry #PCH Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:57 pm

xmart

xmart

tubal wrote:Here is a word of advice to those who have now switched to prayers PCH is now heavily oversold. there will be a small upturn soon maybe even friday. Make use of it.

simple stochastic cannot apply to this. it is in oversold region, but remember, these heavy sell orders are profit taking by people who collect it around 10. then people who bought PCH after 20's are not long term investors, just retailers who chasing behind quick profits. everyday PCH is pretending it is ready to go. but suddenly huge sell orders blocking the way. this is a game.

if PCH break 20 support level, we can see a blood bath again. personally, i'm quite interested in PCH. because i feel there is something on it. but i will not burn my fingers unless it drop to 16 level. No

20Re-entry #PCH Empty Re: Re-entry #PCH Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:07 pm

tubal

I think this will find support at 18 (unlike MW, I am not picking a figure out of thin air, that's the january 17 low). If that's breached, 14.50 is where it's next likely to find support (the earlier low).

However as Mono will be quick to point out, you can't really apply chart theory at the CSE, this is not an efficient market by any stretch of the imagination.

21Re-entry #PCH Empty Re: Re-entry #PCH Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:35 pm

Soundchips

mono wrote:

it's not oversold if the selling was done by people like senthil. Wink if that is the case there is another wave of sellers left in the wings. although this has to turn around sooner or later

PCH, BFL and Carsons still returning to thier base value. It will take months for them to pick up again.

22Re-entry #PCH Empty Re: Re-entry #PCH Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:46 pm

tubal

Soundchips, I have no doubt that those shares will return to their previous values exactly as you say. However shares don't go straight up and straight down. In most markets when shares have been declining steadily for a week they have a couple of days where the price moves upwards. That's because a new set of investors enter the share thinking it's attractive. Similarly when a share moves up continuously it's usually interrupted by a few days of red. Of course sometimes it doesn't happen like that at the CSE
What a Face

23Re-entry #PCH Empty Re: Re-entry #PCH Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:22 pm

wk7

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

I collected it on 16 average level and I hope to hold it on another 3 , 4 quarters. All factors relating to price valuation on PCH is positive (Industry, Gov Policies, Market, demand, management, vision, political situ and so on)
Recently price was dropped due to produced EPS is not supported and most of the profit takers and panic sellers
PCH is growing share in growth sector. I believe I we can hold it on another two three years we can sell it more than 100. Exclamation

24Re-entry #PCH Empty Re: Re-entry #PCH Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:49 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

wk7 wrote:I collected it on 16 average level and I hope to hold it on another 3 , 4 quarters. All factors relating to price valuation on PCH is positive (Industry, Gov Policies, Market, demand, management, vision, political situ and so on)
Recently price was dropped due to produced EPS is not supported and most of the profit takers and panic sellers
PCH is growing share in growth sector. I believe I we can hold it on another two three years we can sell it more than 100. Exclamation

oh,you had to sell them off when it hits 30 levels,and buy back later.....i bought a lot average price of 15,and also i had some quantities bought from IPO...I SOLD THEM ALL AT 24-27 LEVELS IN INTERVALS..........

25Re-entry #PCH Empty Re: Re-entry #PCH Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:50 pm

THIRU

THIRU
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Thanks tubal! That was an amazing prediction.. I made use of it. Surprised

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum