FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Yesterday at 9:08 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Wed May 15, 2024 1:58 pm

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

No recovering signals - I am quit

+29
a_randy
chamith
NightStalker
Dinith
Namalaka
sirimevan
Hiru
swan03
Auther
Tiger
rjeranimo
Antonym
suja
ssb
bull
eagle
sajeethk
rijayasooriya
salt
CHASE
Think9
wmdcf
pushpakumara
dsuranjana
thilankad
ssuni
Ransiri Silva
Deva
opfdo
33 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1No recovering signals - I am quit Empty No recovering signals - I am quit Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:13 pm

opfdo

opfdo
Vice President - Equity Analytics

it is so frustrated. recovery is a dream now. all the analysis methods & other theories gone way from the cse. gambling only.
Sad I am quit.

Last edited by osmand on Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

2No recovering signals - I am quit Empty Re: No recovering signals - I am quit Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:52 pm

Deva

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

CSE is in the hands of Balendra fellow, who brokered the convicted manipulator Rajaratnam and also helped him to dispose his stocks with a profit. CSE will be a den for manipulators.

3No recovering signals - I am quit Empty Re: No recovering signals - I am quit Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:11 pm

opfdo

opfdo

Deva wrote:CSE is in the hands of Balendra fellow, who brokered the convicted manipulator Rajaratnam and also helped him to dispose his stocks with a profit. CSE will be a den for manipulators.

yes Deva. CSE it is for our whole country but now it is on few hands. Thank you very much friends for your ideas given to me. thank you swan03 for your appriciation regarding the gain loss calculator. thank you others too....

frinds my total loss is 645,000/- Sad think & think before you invest in the CSE. i never follow rallies. i stuck with fundamentals like BRWN, NTB, LOLC,PABC, Sad

THANK YOU AGAIN & ALL THE BEST

4No recovering signals - I am quit Empty Re: No recovering signals - I am quit Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:28 pm

Ransiri Silva

Ransiri Silva
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

To be frank, I sold my (bit old) car and put all money in the CSE with the hope of buying a (2-3 years) new car. Unfortunately, my current PF is only 2/3 of the initial investment. I was waiting till the recovery of the market at least to get the initial amount, but even the current value is getting thinner and thinner.

I was afraid that my PF would become zero very soon and with that fear I too sold all the shares and withdrew from the CSE after loosing 1/3. Now I will buy a car 2-3 years older than what I had.

Thanks guys for advices and support.

Have a good future

5No recovering signals - I am quit Empty Re: No recovering signals - I am quit Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:36 pm

ssuni

ssuni
Manager - Equity Analytics

DO NOT WORRY!
Every dark cloud has a silver line!!
Wait for ur time..

6No recovering signals - I am quit Empty Re: No recovering signals - I am quit Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:41 pm

thilankad

thilankad

How many days,hours,minutes,seconds we will waiting for green market.......? Question Question

every red day is boring the market

http://thilankadinush.blogspot.com/

7No recovering signals - I am quit Empty Re: No recovering signals - I am quit Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:59 pm

dsuranjana

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

it is true.ultimately few billions rupee investors earned profits by cheating innocent small scale investors.What to do?

8No recovering signals - I am quit Empty Re: No recovering signals - I am quit Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:01 pm

pushpakumara

The events unfolded made me thinking this is like a ball passing game. We were expecting the ASI to break free from peresent range and climb further up. But unfortunatley it did not happen. It looks we are again going back to the situation we experenced few weeks back and beyond. Now the big question is where are we heading from here? Market drops are normal but I am not quite sure whether these kind of drops are justifiable and can be taken as normal down fall.
Feel sorry for all who lost their hard earned money (including me).

9No recovering signals - I am quit Empty Re: No recovering signals - I am quit Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:03 pm

wmdcf

wmdcf

osmand wrote:it is so frustrated. recovery is a dream now. all the analysis methods & other theories gone way from the cse. gambling only.
Sad I am quit.

Dear osmand, I'm also thinking the same. Sold 20% of PF today. I will clear all in near future.
Good Luck for all my GOOD friends!

10No recovering signals - I am quit Empty Re: No recovering signals - I am quit Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:10 pm

Think9

Think9

Givin up now s a stupid decision. Mkt has showed several indication of climbin up.. it already did.. i was at 6600 level and now at 6800 levels.. true it went up to 7000 levels but thats how it happens.. 100 up > 60 Down >50up > 20 down > 30up> 10 down.. It indicates a upward movement.

This is not the pattern we saw in Feb to july .. think and study hard abt cse patterns.. Smile

11No recovering signals - I am quit Empty Re: No recovering signals - I am quit Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:25 pm

CHASE

CHASE

I expected this to happened. This is just a start. Manipulators ruing the market. Even expert also cant play the game properly. now CSE becoming Place of gambling day by day.

on what we can keep hopes?

* Credit issue is over but Market didn't rise as expected.
* Foreigners are going out day by day.
* Good solid share price going down day by day & shit getting
appreciated 100% 200% & even more.
* Panics are existing the market day by day & experience they are taking out is not good. so it'll minimize new investors come in as well.

** I'm not planing to give-up. but I cant see any positive reason to market to be go up. Mad

12No recovering signals - I am quit Empty Re: No recovering signals - I am quit Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:34 pm

salt

salt

Ransiri Silva wrote:To be frank, I sold my (bit old) car and put all money in the CSE with the hope of buying a (2-3 years) new car. Unfortunately, my current PF is only 2/3 of the initial investment. I was waiting till the recovery of the market at least to get the initial amount, but even the current value is getting thinner and thinner.

I was afraid that my PF would become zero very soon and with that fear I too sold all the shares and withdrew from the CSE after loosing 1/3. Now I will buy a car 2-3 years older than what I had.

Thanks guys for advices and support.

Have a good future

There is sufficient time to do this. I strongly advise you to keep your investment. I had the same feeling. If i tell you how much i have lost. I am getting headache when I see the portfolio. But, you have to be patient if you are an equity investor.

13No recovering signals - I am quit Empty Re: No recovering signals - I am quit Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:35 pm

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

osmand wrote:i never follow rallies. i stuck with fundamentals

Why are u in hurry brother? If u can hold on why not? U are with fundamentals.Definitely u can recover.Do not look at the PF each and everyday definitely u will become frustrated and will do some foolish thing.Just forget about it for sometime.Wish u all the best....!!!!

14No recovering signals - I am quit Empty Re: No recovering signals - I am quit Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:41 pm

salt

salt

rijayasooriya wrote:
osmand wrote:i never follow rallies. i stuck with fundamentals

Why are u in hurry brother? If u can hold on why not? U are with fundamentals.Definitely u can recover.Do not look at the PF each and everyday definitely u will become frustrated and will do some foolish thing.Just forget about it for sometime.Wish u all the best....!!!!

I will tell you my story. We saw ASI touching 400 level in 2000. DIST was Rs.4.00, CTC was in 20s. Look at wher we are now. Be patient! That's all!

15No recovering signals - I am quit Empty Re: No recovering signals - I am quit Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:45 pm

sajeethk

most of them when market going down quit... but when it going up coming again buy at higher price.... and making the loss. i think who are long time in the makers are really winners..

16No recovering signals - I am quit Empty Re: No recovering signals - I am quit Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:46 pm

eagle

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Guys ,

why are you behaving like children . I am not a expert investor . but I know this market will recover . Don't let CSE OR You down .

Hold on to what you have . Hold on

Last edited by eagle on Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

17No recovering signals - I am quit Empty Re: No recovering signals - I am quit Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:47 pm

bull

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

ssuni wrote:DO NOT WORRY!
Every dark cloud has a silver line!!
Wait for ur time..

We waiting for that silver line for days, months and almost yr gone now , still no signs of silver line. Invested on fundamentals and later forced to invest on junks and now those junks don't worth shit.

18No recovering signals - I am quit Empty Re: No recovering signals - I am quit Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:53 pm

ssb

ssb

I never attempt to make money on the stock market. I buy on the assumption that they could close the market the next day and not reopen it for five years.
Warren Buffett

this is the real case of a winner
we hope for soda pop profits
hang on guys
lets gain from the market that bite out chunks of money from us

hang on boys hang on
life is not a rose garden
then how could CSE be Smile

19No recovering signals - I am quit Empty Re: No recovering signals - I am quit Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:58 pm

suja

For people who want to quit,

This is why people like peter lynch is succesful , they will buy the good shares that we have at a bargain when the market is going down if it goes down further he will buy more and etc. and forgets about it so that he can sleep well in the night. This he does knowing that the market will recover and when it does the value shares will move. If you sell now there will be people to buy (provided that it is value shares) they will be the winner and you will be the looser and you will regret the decision in 1 year. The best thing to do is if you have junk , rotate it to undervalued future potential shares which has weathered the storm and proven succesful , there are plenty if you look. I can not mention as that will lead to promotion. I could say look at banks, Look at F&B. If you want very long term but a sure money spinner look for power with good management and huge projects , companies who only consuntrate on power and not diversified. Think about it.

20No recovering signals - I am quit Empty Re: No recovering signals - I am quit Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:55 pm

Antonym

Antonym

Here are some motivational words for those of us who are still in the game:

"Success is failure turned inside out,
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit,
It's when things seem worst,
that you must not quit."
- Author Unknown

21No recovering signals - I am quit Empty Re: No recovering signals - I am quit Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:07 pm

rjeranimo

rjeranimo
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

I may a fool with the theories of finance/accounts matters. but I'm a very practical guy. I mean ...... although fundamental shares are strong (According to the experts), nowadays lot of shit shares are performing(May be manipulating)well. so....if we know this truth, why we are frustrating? i think we have options here. market strategies are changing time to time. we also have to change our investing/trading strategies on that. then only we can win this race. on the other hand we can just forget our all investment for 2-3 years and wait. Shocked

22No recovering signals - I am quit Empty Re: No recovering signals - I am quit Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:11 pm

Tiger

Tiger
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Below is what I said in June 03, it applies to this thread as well. I don't want to predict the markets which is impossible but I believe that in overall there will be a value for investing if ASI breaches 6000 level. At the same time I believe that there are some insignificant counters (in terms of ASI weight) which are trading at attractive levels. This is my personal view please obtain professional advice before making your investment decision.

What is happening in the cse now
by Tiger on Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:33 pm

mostly its greed and going behind crowd.
I think CSE is at a new stage in its life cycle, lot of new investors, flamboyant recent growth, low country risk, etc. etc... I believe most small investors are learning by the hard way, some may burn out, some will burn their fingers and will learn new tricks. In a year or two CSE will become a mature market.

23No recovering signals - I am quit Empty Re: No recovering signals - I am quit Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:14 pm

Auther

Auther
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

osmand wrote:it is so frustrated. recovery is a dream now. all the analysis methods & other theories gone way from the cse. gambling only.
Sad I am quit.

Hey osmand,

If Crnl.Gdafi (LIBIYA) arrest by NETO, Within one month your portfolio will become GREEN..!
It's the reality friends.

:This is just observation. Don't blame or clap to me. study

24No recovering signals - I am quit Empty Re: No recovering signals - I am quit Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:21 pm

swan03

Have a faith Osmand, sure we all will be winners soon.

25No recovering signals - I am quit Empty Re: No recovering signals - I am quit Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:22 pm

Tiger

Tiger

rjeranimo wrote:I may a fool with the theories of finance/accounts matters. but I'm a very practical guy. I mean ...... although fundamental shares are strong (According to the experts), nowadays lot of shit shares are performing(May be manipulating)well. so....if we know this truth, why we are frustrating? i think we have options here. market strategies are changing time to time. we also have to change our investing/trading strategies on that. then only we can win this race. on the other hand we can just forget our all investment for 2-3 years and wait. Shocked

As investors I don't agree with just forgetting investment for 2-3 years. Then why dont you sell now, put the money in a FD and buy those shares in 1 1/2 years time? Hey guys long term investing is not waiting till you recover your losses, its all about waiting till business reaches its peak, where you have identified the potential of the business before others do.

If you happen to buy at the top of a rally and if the fundermentals are weak, why do you want to believe that it deserves that price in 2-3 years time. Long term investing is identifying future winners and buying before others do at cheap not at top, and waiting till others realise its value, the time you wait could be 2,3 or even 5 years.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum