FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans

+12
K.Haputantri
soileconomy
Rajaraam
WildBear
prasadrmb
rijayasooriya
charith82
nkuda
Roboticfx
Kithsiri
market bull
RIO
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Empty Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Sun May 06, 2012 8:20 am

RIO

RIO
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Please vote for Bahrain & avoid CHANNEL 4 winning the award for Killing fields

Hela Jaathika Abhimane......
Wedu wiruwanse Purane ......

Pleas do it right now quickly..... click the Link below & vote for Bahrain
[pass this to all Sri Lankan friends/relations & well wishers]

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-04-23/bafta-tv-awards-2012-nominees-current-affairs---which-should-win#pd_a_6166811#pd_a_6166811#pd_a_6166811

What ever the differences we have in Politics, Stocks, Economic policies etc etc should not be a barrier for standing for our Mother Sri Lanka...

Brothers /Sisters Pleas Do your duty....

[One Vote from 1 Pc/IP ...do not vote repeatedly from one IP or Pc]

Admis...pleas make this post sticky and aslo promote at your best...!

2Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Empty Re: Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Sun May 06, 2012 9:27 am

market bull

market bull
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

We dont love government,but we love our mother Land.I did it.Here is the current status

Bahrain: Shouting in the Dark (Al Jazeera) 51.72% (672,922 votes)

Sri Lanka’s Killing Fields (Channel 4) 48.01% (624,650 votes)

3Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Empty Re: Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Sun May 06, 2012 10:08 am

Kithsiri

Kithsiri
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

And protect who ? Shocked

4Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Empty Re: Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Sun May 06, 2012 10:40 am

Roboticfx

Roboticfx

I voted it. Thanks for informing about this poll. Still there isn't a big difference between bahrain and channel 4.

Come on guys! Hurry up!

5Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Empty Re: Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Sun May 06, 2012 10:52 am

Kithsiri

Kithsiri

Roboticfx wrote:Come on guys! Hurry up!
Manipulation at work ? Very Happy

6Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Empty Re: Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Sun May 06, 2012 11:29 am

nkuda

Manager - Equity Analytics

Kithsiri wrote:And protect who ? Shocked

To protect out Motherland

7Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Empty Re: Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Sun May 06, 2012 11:50 am

Kithsiri

Kithsiri

nkuda wrote:
Ha Ha Ha Very Happy

When we cannot protect it from the rogues within us, how do you expect to protect it from external threats? Shocked

8Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Empty Re: Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Sun May 06, 2012 12:58 pm

charith82

done with voting. thanks for informing ppl.

9Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Empty Re: Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Sun May 06, 2012 1:11 pm

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

I voted for Bahrain.But I am totally against for this so called awards ceremony.It is totally biased.They should not nominate channel 4 for those vedeos which are false/atleast controversial in my opinion.

10Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Empty Re: Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Sun May 06, 2012 1:43 pm

prasadrmb

prasadrmb

thanks for giving the information

11Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Empty Re: Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Sun May 06, 2012 2:58 pm

Kithsiri

Kithsiri

Those who are ready to sacrifice another, just to save his own skin cannot and would not be considered a true patriot. Shocked

By casting votes for Bahrain is just exactly what these patriots have now done. Rolling Eyes

They will do this sacrifice (Motherland) again when the Time and the Price is right for them. Very Happy

12Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Empty Re: Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Sun May 06, 2012 5:13 pm

Roboticfx

Roboticfx

Kithsiri wrote:

Yeah! This manipulation is a very needed one. I did my best to spread the message through my friends. Actually I don't know what's the incident of Bahrain and I just voted it only. If Chnl 4 wins this poll, it will draw the people's attention over the world. That's not good.

13Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Empty Re: Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Sun May 06, 2012 5:36 pm

Kithsiri

Kithsiri

Roboticfx wrote:
Kithsiri wrote:
Yeah! This manipulation is a very needed one. I did my best to spread the message through my friends. Actually I don't know what's the incident of Bahrain and I just voted it only. If Chnl 4 wins this poll, it will draw the people's attention over the world. That's not good.

There is a saying in Sinhala “ලබ්බට තියපු අතමලු පුහුලටත් තියන්නේ “.

This is why I said those who are ready to sacrifice another to save his own skin will do it again when the Time & the Prices is right for them.

How come someone can cast a vote without even knowing the background of the incident? Shocked

14Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Empty Re: Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Sun May 06, 2012 6:10 pm

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

Kithsiri wrote:Those who are ready to sacrifice another, just to save his own skin cannot and would not be considered a true patriot. Shocked

By casting votes for Bahrain is just exactly what these patriots have now done. Rolling Eyes

They will do this sacrifice (Motherland) again when the Time and the Price is right for them. Very Happy

You seems to be a true patriotic Wink Please enlighten us with ur true patriotic view...what should we do now ?

15Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Empty Re: Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Sun May 06, 2012 6:44 pm

Kithsiri

Kithsiri

rijayasooriya wrote:
Kithsiri wrote:Those who are ready to sacrifice another, just to save his own skin cannot and would not be considered a true patriot. Shocked
You seems to be a true patriotic Wink Please enlighten us with ur true patriotic view...what should we do now ?
N O T H I N G ! Cool

16Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Empty Re: Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Sun May 06, 2012 6:52 pm

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

Kithsiri wrote:
rijayasooriya wrote:
N O T H I N G ! Cool

Thanks for ur valuable patriotic view Laughing Laughing Laughing

17Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Empty Re: Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Sun May 06, 2012 7:02 pm

Kithsiri

Kithsiri

Sacrificing another to save your own skin cannot be considered patriotism and such people will do exactly the same when the Time and Price is right for them again even against their own country.

That is why I said “ලබ්බට තියපු අතමලු පුහුලටත් තියන්නේ “.

I do not consider myself a Patriot only in Public domain (unlike thousands I see in this and many other forums and social network sites from time to time like this, but do exactly right opposite of their views in public).

I am a Patriot but I am not a hypocrite like many. Very Happy

18Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Empty Re: Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Sun May 06, 2012 7:12 pm

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

Kithsiri wrote:

I am a Patriot but I am not a hypocrite like many. Very Happy

Exactly that is why I asked 'what should we do now?' from our great patriot Kithsiri and I received 'nothing'

Laughing Laughing Laughing

19Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Empty Re: Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Sun May 06, 2012 7:25 pm

Kithsiri

Kithsiri

rijayasooriya wrote:
Kithsiri wrote:I am a Patriot but I am not a hypocrite like many. Very Happy
Exactly that is why I asked 'what should we do now?' from our great patriot Kithsiri and I received 'nothing'Laughing Laughing Laughing

Perhaps my answer is not fathomable to some. Rolling Eyes

We do “ nothing “ about this Vote.

But if we are more concerned about the others' perception about us then we can do very little about it. Cool

20Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Empty Re: Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Sun May 06, 2012 7:29 pm

WildBear

At the same time, when you log in to youtube, report these channel 4 videos under the category of "supports terrorism".

21Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Empty Re: Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Sun May 06, 2012 7:54 pm

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

Some posts in this are deleted for the sake of this forum and please refrain from posting controversial matters.

22Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Empty Re: Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Sun May 06, 2012 8:04 pm

Rajaraam

Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

No need to think twice. I prefer to vote against Channel 4.

23Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Empty Re: Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Sun May 06, 2012 9:51 pm

Kithsiri

Kithsiri

As the saying goes “Buck stops at me”, the President denies the charge and so was the Commander who led the forces to the ultimate victory.

Now the onus is with the accusers to prove the footage is authentic. Getting Bafta nomination is not going to do that.

If proven authentic then the Government has to initiate an inquiry in to this not to find scapegoats and punish people but to find out where they went wrong and how to avoid such incidents occurring in future.

Once the truth is known the reconciliation would be much easier.

Unless we are ready for that, the Tamil Diaspora money amassed through extortion, drugs, arms and human smuggling is going to find another avenue if the Channel Four effort fails.

Some perceptions cannot be changed so we should not be too much bother about the perceptions, rather we should be concerned whether we are doing the right things.

Pushing Bahrain in to lime light is not doing the correct thing but it will just be another delaying tactic that we are not going to gain much time.

24Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Empty Re: Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Sun May 06, 2012 10:24 pm

RIO

RIO

@ Kithsiri....

brother you may be right or wrong...I'm not trying to argue with you or with anybody on their personal views... I too feel sorry for Bahrain...but actually as Sri Lankans, we do not have any other option to avoid a such a detrimental video hitting a global award & turning more eyes/attention into our country at a time we are suffering the wounds of an UNHR resolution which was led by the US & other US allies....If this video catch the award the whole world will trust it is a true video & more & more pressure will peril on SL in the way of economic barriers.
[there should have been an option for PPL to vote with or against the entries & should have implement a system to select the winner on considering both votes - but unfortunately those so called educated westerners either missed it or purposely dropped the option]

Admins/mods thanks for removing the post made by a guy/team against me & also for my reply to the said post together with the RedBulls post. I think no one can blame me for the said post, coz the first 4 lines were refereed to the killings of world renowned Educated TAMIL LEADERS -

25Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Empty Re: Urgent Appeal to All Sri Lankans Sun May 06, 2012 10:29 pm

nkuda

Kithsiri wrote:
nkuda wrote:
Ha Ha Ha Very Happy

When we cannot protect it from the rogues within us, how do you expect to protect it from external threats? Shocked

Machan why dis argument, No need politics here, vote against Chanel 4 , that's all...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum