FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Richard Pieris Exports PLC (REXP.N0000) future looks bleak!
by God Father Yesterday at 10:08 pm

» Sri Lanka key Economic Indicators and Future Outlook for 2024
by God Father Yesterday at 6:06 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by God Father Yesterday at 5:59 pm

» HSENID BUSINESS SOLUTIONS PLC (HBS.N0000)
by God Father Yesterday at 5:49 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by glad Yesterday at 9:27 am

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by D.G.Dayaratne Sun May 19, 2024 7:28 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Outstanding Business Personality of the Year 2011

+37
bakapandithaya
bmi
Sam2020
soileconomy
sajeethk
rijayasooriya
jonny
stumpy
Chinwi
investor1984
Tiger
Chabbi
NightStalker
enslive
duke
rukaa
Rajaraam
yoyo
raa
salt
karu
Academic
econ
Gaja
RIO
Quibit
Suthar
UKboy
pirate
ashlee
I.O.Sirisena
prabathdee
CubedSol
windi5
Marketinvest
player
RichDad
41 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Outstanding Business Personality of the Year 2011

Outstanding Business Personality of the Year 2011 - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%Outstanding Business Personality of the Year 2011 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 5% [ 19 ]
Outstanding Business Personality of the Year 2011 - Page 3 Vote_lcap13%Outstanding Business Personality of the Year 2011 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 13% [ 55 ]
Outstanding Business Personality of the Year 2011 - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%Outstanding Business Personality of the Year 2011 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 3% [ 11 ]
Outstanding Business Personality of the Year 2011 - Page 3 Vote_lcap38%Outstanding Business Personality of the Year 2011 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 38% [ 153 ]
Outstanding Business Personality of the Year 2011 - Page 3 Vote_lcap11%Outstanding Business Personality of the Year 2011 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 11% [ 44 ]
Outstanding Business Personality of the Year 2011 - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%Outstanding Business Personality of the Year 2011 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 8% [ 34 ]
Outstanding Business Personality of the Year 2011 - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%Outstanding Business Personality of the Year 2011 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 5% [ 19 ]
Outstanding Business Personality of the Year 2011 - Page 3 Vote_lcap6%Outstanding Business Personality of the Year 2011 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 6% [ 26 ]
Outstanding Business Personality of the Year 2011 - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%Outstanding Business Personality of the Year 2011 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 8% [ 31 ]
Outstanding Business Personality of the Year 2011 - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%Outstanding Business Personality of the Year 2011 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 3% [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 408

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Outstanding Business Personality of the Year 2011 - Page 3 Empty I Wont VOTE Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:57 am

Chabbi

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

I'm not going to vote
Since my name is not there Sad

Unfair voting Very Happy

I'm the Owner of Worlds Renowned Organization

No Job Holdings PLC - Chairmen & Managing Director

I wont vote

Tiger

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Is this for the business personality for 2010 or for the whole career?
Depending on that the answers will change remarkably.

For me MJ Fernando is the most remarkable personality all time, KKD Perera for 2010 and Tiger for 2012. cheers

investor1984

Manager - Equity Analytics

To Me its Mr Wegapitiya & Miss Otara... Well Miss Otara didn't only created a brand she also introduced branded stuff to middle income families in sri lanka.. She introduced the fashion to middle income & lowe income families, She really made a impact to sri lankns way of life..

About Mr Wegapitiya... I think he has the guts to challenge & criticize the government , and the skill to negotiate with the same government ... He got a courage to enter in to monopoly market... Most of all he got a vision

Chinwi

Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

To me , a person who collects others shares @ 20 and sell it @ 200 to become rich is not good for considering as an outstanding businessman.

Again, who take billions of Forex earned by helpless women and men in factories, plantations, Arab houses etc. and send that money out of the country to bring some stuff to sell here with a profit is not my choice for considering as even a Businessman.

Outstanding Businessman of a country is a one who creates value by producing a good or service to bring money into the country or at least save forex to make his motherland rich; not only him.

BTW, I am going to vote.

stumpy

Outstanding Businessman of a country is a one who creates value by producing a good or service to bring money into the country or at least save forex to make his motherland rich; not only him.

I second this!

Chinwi : + Rep my old friend! Wink

56Outstanding Business Personality of the Year 2011 - Page 3 Empty Old but hot and spicy Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:51 pm

jonny

jonny

player wrote:
RichDad wrote:Is Otara still miss?

I got to go, have some business proposals.. lol

Just kiddin pirat
javascript:emoticonp('farao')

apo,she is old ne Evil or Very Mad

She is old but she is still hotter than teen girl...??

windi5

windi5

Still DP is the front runner,it seems there is no change for him. Is he the wealthiest person in SL now?.

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Chinwi wrote:Outstanding Businessman of a country is a one who creates value by producing a good or service to bring money into the country or at least save forex to make his motherland rich; not only him.

BTW, I am going to vote.

Who is that bussinessman dude? I also want to vote for him.

windi5

windi5

DP is a dude ne so vote for him Very Happy

UKboy

UKboy

UKboy wrote:1. Ashroff Omar
2. Merril J Fernando
3. Dr Sena Yaddehige
4. Harry Jayawardena
5. Krish Kanakaratne
Overall I think Brandix should be just a bit ahead of Dilmah tea.

Ashroff Omar.
Brandix Lanka Limited has been recognised as Asia’s ‘Best Brand’ and ‘Best Employer Brand’ winning dual honours at a prestigious international forum held in Singapore with the representation of 37 countries in Asia, extending from the Middle East to Australia.
Sri Lanka’s top apparel exporter was presented with the awards for ‘Asia’s Best Brand’ by the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) Council and ‘Asia’s Best Employer Brand’ by the Employer Branding Institute together with the World HRD Congress and the Stars of the Industry Group at the 2011 CMO Asia Awards for Excellence in Branding and Marketing.

http://island.lk/index.php?page_cat=article-details&page=article-details&code_title=31083

But...He's not on the list..

sajeethk

How is Selvanathan family holding of CARS group. Now most capitalization group in the CSE

windi5

windi5

Still DP in top now challenge for him it seems. I think we can vote till end of December 2011.

soileconomy

soileconomy

I think Mr Harry Jayawardena is the most sucessful businessman.
Reasons,

He manages his companies very well .(Best example DCSL -I have never seen a DCSL Lorry or Aitken spence bowser with broken lights or without proper condition ,running on the road .Company is very efficient and very well managed from the lowest thing to the heighst point

He never let gamblers to gamble on his shares.

No body cant work with him if that persons doesnt know his job properly.

He is a man of few words , but lot of acts.(that is why some media members give negative publicity about him-bcoz what he tells , he tells it directly.

Unfortunately sri lankan politicos block our own investors growth.Best example SLIC.Remember it is only Mr Jayawardena Who brought Sri Lanka Insurance upto this level .His investments through SLIC made SLIC one of the most sucessful big Giant.If it not Harry J . We will have to pay taxes to compensate the losses of SLIC.(due to overstaff and mismanagement )

If this insurance company was bought by a foreigners no body would have challenged against it.(Specially politiocs like Vasudeva )

sajeethk

I think CARS owners will be the silent giant. they are making global image by taking SL company to world market.

Even I think its most capitalized group in the CSE market in SL with its 14 listed companirs

Quibit

Replacing Kishen Balendra with Ashroff Omar

Sam2020

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

who want to vote to the gambler or to the distiller.......?

bmi

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

RichDad wrote:Is Otara still miss?

I got to go, have some business proposals.. lol

Just kiddin pirat

hahahaha you are a dad you can't get any BPs lol

bakapandithaya

bakapandithaya
Vice President - Equity Analytics

What about Mr. NLM Mubarak, CEO of Nolimit. Started in very small textile as French Corner. Now 19 showrooms, Sri Lanka's biggest fashion chain including Nolimit, Glitz & Pallu.

Withing 19 years 19 showrooms, I think he is the entrepreneour of the year

bakapandithaya

bakapandithaya

soileconomy wrote:I think Mr Harry Jayawardena is the most sucessful businessman.
Reasons,

He manages his companies very well .(Best example DCSL -I have never seen a DCSL Lorry or Aitken spence bowser with broken lights or without proper condition ,running on the road .Company is very efficient and very well managed from the lowest thing to the heighst point

If our guys see DCSL broken lorry, what will happen. Only bottles will be there. Liquid will be in their stomach

Sudarshen

I.O.Sirisena wrote:Victor Hettigoda- Chairman of Siddhalepa.

In start, he had gone shop by shop carrying a box of siddhalepa,on his head. some times he had slept on the pavment, if he got late to catch the last bus.

Yes, that's true. People who came from zero level and became the winners are the best personalities.

Sudarshen

rijayasooriya wrote:
Chinwi wrote:Outstanding Businessman of a country is a one who creates value by producing a good or service to bring money into the country or at least save forex to make his motherland rich; not only him.

BTW, I am going to vote.

Who is that bussinessman dude? I also want to vote for him.

They are not here. Ex:- Munchee, DSI, Damro

Mal Baba

Mal Baba
Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

otara

https://www.37innovate.com

UKboy

UKboy

According to the registered members of this forum who cast their votes, there's one clear winner.

P.S Outstanding Business Personality or not, looks like he's the most famous businessman.

bePositive

bePositive

In my opinion, in 2012, Ranjith Page could become the business personality of the year, taken into consideration his huge ambitious plans for expansion of Food City, Cargils into a Hotel, securities, among other things. And his ability to lift business to a higher level.

http://www.viabletraffic.com

UKboy

UKboy

Who will be the outstanding Business Personality of the Year 2012?

QB I think its time you to replace this sticky post with a new one Wink

sapumal

දිලිත

He has introduce new concepts to earn quick millions.
He bought Waskaduwa land -> sell it to reef higher price -> sell it to CITW much higher price. Refer the transactions with directors section

Look how he run his firms.
He didn't had money to lend , but he bought REEF for credit , came up with IPOs now he have billions of money to lend. He is lending to the where money came from. Last year 123 mn financial cost for the firm which finalized collecting money for 2 hotels in February. During the year nothing was done to spend 1 rupee from the collected money.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum