FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Do your own Stock Market Research using AI Tools
by Quibit Today at 10:50 am

» What will happen tomorrow?
by cheetah Yesterday at 12:07 pm

» Focus on Government controlled entities
by ErangaDS Mon Jun 10, 2024 4:15 pm

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by SL-INVESTOR Mon Jun 10, 2024 6:14 am

» HSENID BUSINESS SOLUTIONS PLC (HBS.N0000)
by K.R Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:45 am

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by God Father Mon Jun 03, 2024 3:17 pm

» Financial Woes at Richard Pieris Group
by DeepFreakingValue Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:29 pm

» Report a Tax Evasion and Get Rewarded upto 15%
by God Father Fri May 31, 2024 11:51 am

» LankaGPT Platform Launched in Sri Lanka
by God Father Wed May 29, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka’s Popularity Is Surging With Travelers. Here’s Where To Go
by ResearchMan Wed May 29, 2024 1:10 pm

» CDB Non voting
by buddikasmart Wed May 29, 2024 8:03 am

» Will share market be taxed after new Gazette./manik de silva
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 27, 2024 2:14 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by Ekanayake90 Mon May 27, 2024 7:29 am

» Seylan Bank did not pay final coupon of expired debentures
by Gaudente Wed May 22, 2024 2:32 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by agentnrox Wed May 22, 2024 1:50 pm

» Richard Pieris Exports PLC (REXP.N0000) future looks bleak!
by God Father Mon May 20, 2024 10:08 pm

» Sri Lanka key Economic Indicators and Future Outlook for 2024
by God Father Mon May 20, 2024 6:06 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by glad Mon May 20, 2024 9:27 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who will be the winners next week?

+10
sawdanjema
aya
rcharindu
manula
abra12
Market.Player
madeinsrilanka
zen
Antonym
early
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Who will be the winners next week? Empty Who will be the winners next week? Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:08 pm

early

Manager - Equity Analytics

Many feel next week would be a crucial week, and going through all the posts I find there are basicaly 04 categories of investors:
1) Those who dont expect much instability next week, and are waiting in anticipation of the expected
market rebound from 1st week of October, once the 25% credit clearence is over.
2) Those who hope to enter the market on Monday itself as they feel there are many fudamentaly sound
shares at bargain prices.
3) Those who have cash in hand and are awaiting a substantial market dip, to buy at discount prices.
4) Those who are thinking of disposing all or part of their portfolios now to buy later at lower prices.

(You can segregate into several more categories but I feel these are the four basic categories)

But the question is, which category will end up as the winner. We will know the answer by next Monday (03/10/11). But just for the fun of it we all can pick a category according to our ideas/ knowledge. We can then compare notes on October 3rd.
I am backing Category 1) but I may be wrong. Please join in.

Cheers

2Who will be the winners next week? Empty Re: Who will be the winners next week? Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:23 pm

Antonym

Antonym
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Category 3, I think...
I am planning to buy at ASI < 6,500 or on Thursday, whichever comes earlier.

3Who will be the winners next week? Empty Re: Who will be the winners next week? Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:38 pm

zen

zen

I'm between 1 and 2. I have a'ready collected some fundamentals, which I think wont go down. I want to buy some more this monday.
I don't think rhe good shares will go lower than this because the samrt money buy them now. I think we've reached the support level of samrt money for good shares.

4Who will be the winners next week? Empty Re: Who will be the winners next week? Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:44 pm

madeinsrilanka

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Category 1

5Who will be the winners next week? Empty Re: Who will be the winners next week? Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:56 pm

early

So its Category 1), 2) & 3) upto now. Also of these three more support for Category 1). But no votes yet for Categary 4).

6Who will be the winners next week? Empty Re: Who will be the winners next week? Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:45 pm

Market.Player

Market.Player
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Those who have cash in hand be the winners.

7Who will be the winners next week? Empty Re: Who will be the winners next week? Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:00 pm

early

Market.Player wrote:Those who have cash in hand be the winners.

So that means you are for Category 3).

hmm......there seems to be a general expectation that the market would dip some more during first 2 or 3 days. Antonym expecs it to go below ASI 6500. I personaly dont think that it would go below 6500. But thats my personal opinion.
Anywhey I am sticking to Category 1).

8Who will be the winners next week? Empty Re: Who will be the winners next week? Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:11 pm

abra12

ASI will come to 7000 at the end of September.

9Who will be the winners next week? Empty Re: Who will be the winners next week? Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:26 pm

early

abra12 wrote:ASI will come to 7000 at the end of September.

I have a feeling it would too. If the market turns green on Thursday, the sudden rush to buy shares can push the ASI to 7000.........................

10Who will be the winners next week? Empty Re: Who will be the winners next week? Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:21 am

manula

early wrote:
abra12 wrote:ASI will come to 7000 at the end of September.

I have a feeling it would too. If the market turns green on Thursday, the sudden rush to buy shares can push the ASI to 7000.........................

Yes.. that's true...sudden buying pressure on this week specially on Thursday can push the ASI. I am in Category 3 (with little cash) and waiting to buy some shares Smile

11Who will be the winners next week? Empty Re: Who will be the winners next week? Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:23 am

rcharindu

rcharindu

Category 3

12Who will be the winners next week? Empty Re: Who will be the winners next week? Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:29 pm

aya

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Hmmm Good analysis and good way of obtaining crowd pshucology... I am goin with Category 4 since CSE doesnt respond for what we predict....

13Who will be the winners next week? Empty Re: Who will be the winners next week? Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:45 pm

early

aya wrote:Hmmm Good analysis and good way of obtaining crowd pshucology... I am goin with Category 4 since CSE doesnt respond for what we predict....
@aya, Thanks for appreciating the analysis, but my idea was not to obtain crowd psycology, but to have a thread as a stress releiver, where forum members join in for fun.
Anywhey today the market was mostly stable. Lets watch how the market moves in the next 4 days.

Last edited by early on Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

14Who will be the winners next week? Empty Re: Who will be the winners next week? Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:49 pm

sawdanjema

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

15Who will be the winners next week? Empty Re: Who will be the winners next week? Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:30 pm

early

early wrote:
aya wrote:Hmmm Good analysis and good way of obtaining crowd pshucology... I am goin with Category 4 since CSE doesnt respond for what we predict....
@aya, Thanks for appreciating the analysis, but my idea was not to obtain crowd psycology, but to have a thread as a stress releiver, where forum members join in for fun.
Anywhey today the market was mostly stable. Lets watch how the market moves in the next 4 days.
Dear @sawdanjema,
I have edited my reply to @aya. I thanked him for appreciating my analysis, but I realy didnt understand the rest of what he had said (there is nothing called pshucology). Now I think he has been mentioning about psycology. I have no need to obtain crowd psycology, I allready know it by going through all the posts. Unfortunately, @aya in his very first post has decided to totaly project a negative aspect on a thread that I took a lot of pains to put together. But thats ok by me.

16Who will be the winners next week? Empty Re: Who will be the winners next week? Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:32 pm

aya

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Dear Early,

Yes I mentioned crowd Psychology... I dont have any hard feelings on you but it may be a way of obtaining crowd psychology and nothing wrong in it... Its upto people to be smart.. Dont take it so serious... Leave it.. Almost after 4 trading days, the october expectations are not upto the expectations... I personally feel the investors should have confidence on CSE in the long run.. For example almost all the retail investors will sell off and recover thier investment when the market started its journey towards upward and the sell off will stop its movement... So this will take time to recover and we cant predict a green market overnight... Still I couldnt evidence the strong buying pressure in the market... The market has been so far moving as per my prediction but Lets see and hope for a greener october and this is what all of us expects.. The smart investors are making advantage even in the down market and our retailers should realize and stop goin behind bloody manipulation... Easy example will be the public holding in BLUE in their latest quarter reports (September 2011) and many lessions... We dont learn it from 1st lession, our people need many lesions and still its not enough... I would strongly reprimand the brokers and Investment Adviors... They should held responsible for all these manipulation.... Until our people correct thier attitute towards market, it will be real difficult to recover the market... But I have the strong confidence on the market in the medium to long run... Absolutely CSE will be a gold mine for smart investors and blood bath for others who go behind manipulation... The regulators should minimise thier interference and allow the market to decide it's direction itself or they should have a clear policy which shouldnt be change time to time... But the market needs credit as its in consolidation period.... The market needs credit for sure...

I welcome all your comments if any...

Thanks

17Who will be the winners next week? Empty Re: Who will be the winners next week? Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:15 am

Aamiable

banking sector may be winners.

18Who will be the winners next week? Empty Re: Who will be the winners next week? Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:52 am

tpr1983

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

ONAL

19Who will be the winners next week? Empty Re: Who will be the winners next week? Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:25 pm

aya

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Hey peeps... why people are silent?? @early I need your opinion on the prevailing market behaviour ... Whre is super october??? I think the tym has come to be active in the market and make buyin decisions... Im really impressed on early's this thread...

20Who will be the winners next week? Empty Re: Who will be the winners next week? Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:05 pm

m2_yapa

m2_yapa

Winner is the today looser..it is very clear ...crystal clear!

21Who will be the winners next week? Empty Re: Who will be the winners next week? Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:26 pm

jonny

jonny

I'm backing 4....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum