FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

People's Leasing: A miracle if they get it fully subscribed on Day 1

+18
ranjanie
yellow knife
mono
jonny
light
smallville
Rajaraam
avilon
dewminigamlath
rijayasooriya
lamaya
UKboy
mark
WildBear
Academic
nkalansu
madurajithp
LongTerm
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

smallville

Associate Director - Equity Analytics

lamaya wrote:
Rajaraam wrote:
mark wrote:is this guys mad to bring a 7bn IPO in to a bloody rainy market,where daily TO drooped to 0.5bn per day.. Mad ,im not gng to subscribed,thats it,btw its good for looooong term guys Smile
mark, who has given approval for this huge IPO. SEC or CSE .They are the ppl responsible for giving approval to this IPO at a bad time.

Dont think IPOs are bad because of they sucks money from the bourse....ya thats tru IPSs sucks money in the bourse but....that money comes to the real economy......cash circulated in the CSE dosnt have any use to the real economy..those money just circulate among investors and ultimatly it might ended up with some manipulor's hand...but when it comes to an IPO that cash comes to the real economy, therefor in long term basis IPOs help to improve the macro economy and it will possitively impact on the bourse.......

Lamayo.. look in this terms;
1) This IPO is huge, ppl need money to subscribe, do money grow on trees? NO, can ppl allocate money from their pockets, salary? YES few can but the rest cant due to living cost gone high.. so the common men sell their stuff on market and apply for IPOs expecting a gain from the market.. for sure u'll atleast get 2000 shares if you ask.. But current market is goin harwire, due to more and more money being pulled out its getting into a #$% hole too so valuable counters sold @ dirt cheap, every1 is losing money..

2) The number of shares are higher than 300Mil.. All public institutes and investment trusts will subscribe and this will get oversubscribed too.. no wonder cuz ppl like u and me cant apply and oversubscribe a large IPO like dis ne Wink Then the question comes.. if we all bought shares do we have more ppl to sell these? say 50K ppl bought 2K shares each that makes 1/6 of the issue.. say we were given 4000 each still its 1/3 of the issued.. So will there be anyone to sell at a higher price?

There's nothing wrong with the company other than they had a oneoff last time which boosted the results and when u deduct that it was not worthy to buy @ 18.. Then again the company is a well renowed one for their name, ability and govt backing so there wont be an issue in future too..
So u gotta ask whether u buy it now or wait to see whether u can buy this around 14-16 range in secondary market Wink.. Well I'm not buying this from IPO for fun even..

light

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Remember miracles do happen. Razz

28People's Leasing: A miracle if they get it fully subscribed on Day 1 - Page 2 Empty PLC IPO - PRIVATE PLACEMENT Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:38 pm

jonny

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

besides all these issues there has been private placement been taken place. 11 million shares had been sold @ Rs10/+ each by the 10 top guys of the company.So I feel this IPO is going to be an hovac...?????

nkalansu

jonny wrote:besides all these issues there has been private placement been taken place. 11 million shares had been sold @ Rs10/+ each by the 10 top guys of the company.So I feel this IPO is going to be an hovac...?????

Is this fact disclosed in the prospectus?

mono

Vice President - Equity Analytics

I know that a number of large funds from singapore are interested in this

LongTerm

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

mono wrote:I know that a number of large funds from singapore are interested in this

Please get in touch with the issue Mangers (NDBIB and CA), and tell them who these funds are.

mono

mono

LongTerm wrote:
mono wrote:I know that a number of large funds from singapore are interested in this

Please get in touch with the issue Mangers (NDBIB and CA), and tell them who these funds are.

Maybe it was the issue manager who told me about this.

yellow knife

Hi Guys

Miracles take place...PLC IPO is already fully subscribed...Now its no more about getting subscribed...Now the matter is by how many times..Thats what I heard from my broker...Pls check on this matter and let us know..

LongTerm

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

yellow knife wrote:Hi Guys

Miracles take place...PLC IPO is already fully subscribed...Now its no more about getting subscribed...Now the matter is by how many times..Thats what I heard from my broker...Pls check on this matter and let us know..

Great job by the Issue Managers Capital Alliance and NDB Investment Bank for handling a big issue at not the most conducive time for a big IPO.

My only hope is that it will be a similar case to Dialog, where the whole market is revived by a genuinely good IPO.

smallville

smallville

Go ahead LongTerm.. either u can sell this at a 1 rupee profit or u'll be a happy long-term share holder of PLC..

LongTerm

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

smallville wrote:Go ahead LongTerm.. either u can sell this at a 1 rupee profit or u'll be a happy long-term share holder of PLC..

As my username suggests I am in the market for the Long Term, but I want to see people who are anti-IPO at the moment (but still apply at 18/- and are planning to sell the moment trading commences) to have a chance of getting out of the PLCL IPO at a decent return (even 5-10%) so that their attitude towards IPO's will take a turn tio the positive.

Anyway one can always hope I guess........

ranjanie

Manager - Equity Analytics

Hi Guys, Miracle will take place. There is a rumor that big ppl of the PLC has allocated big qty of shares, among them, worth Rs.942 Mn. and there was a picket yesterday protesting that act.

Don,t know how far this is true!

tj

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

When i went though PLC numbers but i didnt see any attractiveness. Other than for 2010/11 they have been making a profit of about 1Bn. In 2010/11 they have done 2.6Bn. But if youlook at june quarter again their profit is about 122mn if we leave out the reversal of the general provision of some 1.6Bn. As they are issuing 25% for 7Bn company valuation is 28Bn. As per June quaarterlies their NAV is around 10Bn. if you add the IPO proceeds to that still it is 17 Bn. Isnt there a huge premium here.? Another concern here is the locked shares of about 4Mn. They will come to market after 30th June 2012. Recently we saw in Samapth how employee shares were sold. When the share was trading around 230 levels all of a sudden there was quite a lot of sales between 200-220. I dont know whether i am missing something here if so please let me know

THX
tj

kumudu

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

no one is willing to lose hardly earned money. it will be coming down just after trading. look at Trade finance latest ipo selling at Rs 19 s.

yellow knife

Dear Friends

PLC is the biggest leasing company. Its performance is better than many commercial banks..I leave it you to make a comparision with other banks and find the truth...Any way as retail investor (or anyone) has no interest in selling at a loss, how can the price come down on the first day..Further many customers of PLC have opened CDS accounts.. They are not day traders..Even they fall into retail category they are long term investors who will not monitor day to day up and down in the market...

Guys the first prediction of yours is already gone...the miracle has taken place...Its fully subscribed...How about your second prediction...The price will come down in the first day...The second prediction will also fade away ....if no one is willing to sell at a loss...Just two more days....

Good Luck

smallville

smallville

yellow knife wrote:Dear Friends

PLC is the biggest leasing company. Its performance is better than many commercial banks..I leave it you to make a comparision with other banks and find the truth...Any way as retail investor (or anyone) has no interest in selling at a loss, how can the price come down on the first day..Further many customers of PLC have opened CDS accounts.. They are not day traders..Even they fall into retail category they are long term investors who will not monitor day to day up and down in the market...

Guys the first prediction of yours is already gone...the miracle has taken place...Its fully subscribed...How about your second prediction...The price will come down in the first day...The second prediction will also fade away ....if no one is willing to sell at a loss...Just two more days....

Good Luck

So as any other IPO, this has also over subscribed.. Have u heard of any IPO in 2011 which has not oversubscribed? Whatever said and done, how much we educate ppl, they dont listen.. They believe IPOs are the easiest way to find some quick cash Wink

How can u be sure there are no day traders among new comers? Have u interviewed them? New ppl are more furious than seasoned traders/investors.. Their goal is quick money.. They've been told at least and rose gardens were shown to them by others ;( hikzzz..

Price may or may not come down the first day, sometimes due to popularity it may start 19 or 20, then u'd be lucky.. But luck is something u need when u dont have ability to figure out things..

No one is willing to sell at a loss.. agreed.. buy what if no one is interested to buy at a premium???? to whom ur gonna sell?

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

yellow knife wrote:
if no one is willing to sell at a loss...Just two more days....

Good Luck

lolz,you better understand the meanings of FEAR and GREED which controls the investors mind.. Smile

yellow knife

If You still Hold East after buying at 44..
If you hold Colombo Pharmacy bought at 2500
If you hold Greg bought at +++
If you hold Colombo Land bought at ***
If you hold HVA bought at +++

Why do you want to sell PLC at a loss...

Guys its time to think logically...If you dare to grab the good opportunities when they arise you may get real gains....Learn Patience to fight Greed and Fear....Both these sentiments are created inside human mind some others than for real reasons...

tj

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

@ yelow knife

We have still time to invest in this. Why dont you tell some facts that show the share is worth 18/-.
You have said PLC is the largest leasing company-Agreed
You also say Its performance is better than many commercial banks- On what basis are you saying this? As i said earlier if you leave out the reversal of general provison their june quarter profit is just 122Mn.
According to my calculation on the offer price there is a premium of 10Bn.(June net assets+ IPO proceeds minus 28Bn) Can u justify that?
Also as smallville has pointed out nobody wants to sell at a loss. Due you think all those who sold softlogic sold it below issue price because they were happy with it?
Also the need to open a CDS account is mandatory now. So whether you want to hold it for a day or 10yrs still you have to open a CDS account.

As you say it may hv already been oversubscribed and also it may trade @ 25. Who knows stranger things have happened at CSE? But for me to invest i need to justify the issue price of 18. Can you justify 18/-?
THX
tj

Thx
tj

smallville

smallville

[quote="yellow knife"]If You still Hold East after buying at 44..
If you hold Colombo Pharmacy bought at 2500
If you hold Greg bought at +++
If you hold Colombo Land bought at ***
If you hold HVA bought at +++

Why do you want to sell PLC at a loss...

quote]
If anybody buys these shares at those prices, then he should better take some advice from a more knowledgeable person.. cuz it shows his foolishness..
But.. there's always a greater fool than the person who bought these at top Twisted Evil so he has to be lucky enuf to find that kinda rabbit to dispose these at a break even at least Wink

I didnt wanna mention what happened to the SHL shareholders, even a fairly good copmany like TJL failed to attract (may be due to bad timing)

Their results indicates a one off gain, so the results looks promising, when u take that off this doesnt valued at 18, may be 12-14 I can say ok..
But going for a large IPO like this, we have to evaluate the risk of holding this for sometime again.. And whats de purpose of buying something at 18 if u can buy it 15 Wink

Anyways, u seem to be over sighted on this IPO and has not seen the real picture.. We cant show it to u either... For the sake of poor investors, I wish this IPO brings at least 1-2 rupee profit on 1st day.

yellow knife

Dear Friends

I respect your views..PLC was a company fully owned by Peoples Bank..Indirectly they have widest market coverage. Though there are 100+ Leasing and Registered Finance companies, they are the largest in turnover , profitability and assest base...compare their profit with other banks...if u think about the one off reversal as the only reason behind the massive profit, consider the past trend of profitability and lease granting...

When you analyze banks and finance houses u use CAMEL. that's Capital , Asset, quality of Management, Earnings and Liabilities...out of these only quality of Management is the only qualitative factor and at the same time only factor that distinguish ability to grow and inability. ...When all other quantitative factors are attractive, if they've proved their quality of Management pls consider that....When HJ purchase a company next is a positive upward trend ..its due to Management....

PLC has proved its quality of Management during the economic cirsis in 2008. They not only survived but also managed the failed finance institutes..further they aquired and turned SMLL upward..

What happen on the first day depend not only on the performance of the company but also on the trend (up or downward ) of the overall market...thats what went wrong with Textured Jersey...I bought at IPO and still collect that..Thats dollar cost averaging...

Even I am not 100% sure my feeling is the PLC IPO will come to trading on a greener environment...

They've done many miracles..being a state backed, reaching this far is worth noting...

However guys I leave it to u the evaluation of Financials, and that is done by many broker firms on behalf of us...Read them...

Let your own instinct work for u

GOOD LUCK

smallville

smallville

Broker firms have never said "Dont BUY" to any of the IPOs since 2010 (as my memory serves) Wink
All said PCH, TJL, SHL, CIFL, etc.. are buys.. But we know which ones prosper and which ones failed...

So I've a little issue buying the facts on these research reports..

Anyways its up to the investors to go for a wise decision...

yoyo

yoyo

Its too much share quantity, which would increase the selling pressure on first day, BTW good for long term. But why do we need to pay 18 and take a risk when we can buy it later for 15 ?

madurajithp

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

madurajithp wrote:This will definitely over subscribe on first day. But it doesn't mean this should be a successful IPO in secondary market in first few days. But fir sure this IPO is worth for "investors" and truly long term players.

As i said,

SSP Corporate Services (Pvt.) Ltd, Registrars to the above Offer, has informed the CSE that the above IPO has been oversubscribed. SSP Corporate Services (Pvt.) Ltd has also informed the CSE that the issue would be closed at 4.30 p.m. today (03rd November 2011). The announcement will be published on the CSE website (www.cse.lk) shortly.

enthush

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

LongTerm wrote:Anyone have confidence in Capital Alliance and NDB Investment Bank in getting the issue fully subscribed???

I have few friends who work at both places, but are not reveling anything ...

Anyone heard anything?? Let's be honest, the retailers coming in at the last moment are not going to make a difference on a 7 Bn IPO!!!

The reson why they were not revealing it was simple...they know how to get it subscribed like how it happened it yday dude,,,naduth hamuduruwange baduth hamuduruwange.. if u get what i mean.!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum