FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Yesterday at 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Yesterday at 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by God Father Yesterday at 5:37 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Yesterday at 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Yesterday at 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Panic Buyers

+18
amilaela
UKboy
Dr.Bubble
Light of Hope
mark
mono
Rajitha
sapumal
$$$
Hawk Eye
Backstage
godswen
wiki
sas
arrowms
light
aj
tubal
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Panic Buyers Empty Panic Buyers Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:51 am

tubal

Vice President - Equity Analytics

The ridiculous comments in the forum, particularly those about panic sellers prompted me to break the silence of several months (btw, the admin hasn't still complied with my request to delete my account).

People who sold there shares in 'panic' three months ago are now big winners. 'Panic Sellers' of nov 16 are winners too. They can buy back those same shares at a lower price (even after accounting for the atrocious 1% transaction fee (both ways))

History might still prove that the panic sellers of Nov 25th are winners too. On the other hand, the panic buyers of Monday and Tuesday are clear losers. And it doesn't take a lot of guess work to figure out that it's these panic buyers, the panic buyers from the Carder rally, the panic buyers from the previous credit rules change rally that are accusing the sellers of being panic sellers.

2Panic Buyers Empty Re: Panic Buyers Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:05 am

aj

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Really nice to see you back. I have read your old posts. No need to delete the account. Just watch from the gallery. Throw an occasional water bottle if you feel like it. Smile

3Panic Buyers Empty Re: Panic Buyers Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:34 am

light

light
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

tubal cheers

4Panic Buyers Empty Re: Panic Buyers Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:41 am

arrowms

Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Viva Tubal Very Happy
Strategies are the most important thing . Not going behind rallies.

5Panic Buyers Empty Re: Panic Buyers Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:55 am

sas

sas
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Had to come online to put a comment, Happy to see you posting tubal, Thanks Smile

6Panic Buyers Empty Re: Panic Buyers Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:51 pm

wiki

Tubal .. Happy to see you cheers

7Panic Buyers Empty Re: Panic Buyers Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:19 pm

tubal

Thanks everyone for your replies.

It is apparently that the brokers are cooking up another gimmick which might possibly be unleashed on us soon. Please do think carefully before you go on another round of panic buying with money that you are borrowing from your broker

8Panic Buyers Empty Re: Panic Buyers Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:36 pm

godswen

godswen

Tubal <3 Don't stop writing again!

History might still prove that the panic sellers of Nov 25th are winners too.

Then the forum would be looking for you, so please stay!

9Panic Buyers Empty Re: Panic Buyers Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:38 pm

Backstage

Backstage

Its comforting to know that you are still around. Your voice cuts clearly through the noise. Thanks bro.

10Panic Buyers Empty Re: Panic Buyers Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:47 pm

Hawk Eye

Hawk Eye
Expert
Expert

Very true, just look at the selling pressure on JKH and COMB. All those who gained today were from trading craps, and tomorrows loosers . these are short term hypes

No need to highlight further,President was spot on to the point at the meeting

11Panic Buyers Empty Re: Panic Buyers Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:48 pm

$$$

Hi Tubal,

Well said ! I too have asked the Admin to remove me as moderator and to delete my account but nothing has been done about it !

As for the CSE it kind of reminds me of the cricket board at the moment ! both institutions are like a radar less ship . The stake holders are clueless as to where there headed but the people in charge try to steer it away from choppy seas by periodically using stop gap solutions!

Where this will all end ? well, it's anyone's guess!

12Panic Buyers Empty Re: Panic Buyers Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:51 pm

sapumal

$$$ wrote:Hi Tubal,

Well said ! I too have asked the Admin to remove me as moderator and to delete my account but nothing has been done about it !

put 3 news articles 3 times in another section. ලොල්

13Panic Buyers Empty Re: Panic Buyers Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:13 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha

tubal wrote:The ridiculous comments in the forum, particularly those about panic sellers prompted me to break the silence of several months (btw, the admin hasn't still complied with my request to delete my account).

People who sold there shares in 'panic' three months ago are now big winners. 'Panic Sellers' of nov 16 are winners too. They can buy back those same shares at a lower price (even after accounting for the atrocious 1% transaction fee (both ways))

History might still prove that the panic sellers of Nov 25th are winners too. On the other hand, the panic buyers of Monday and Tuesday are clear losers. And it doesn't take a lot of guess work to figure out that it's these panic buyers, the panic buyers from the Carder rally, the panic buyers from the previous credit rules change rally that are accusing the sellers of being panic sellers.

I made sort of similar post about guy calling losers to who sold stocks about a week ago! But I have to disagree here also! How can you grantee that people who bought on Monday and Tuesday are the clear looser! If anything the price of those shares already went up and as i can see will even tomorrow ! Please don't make so ignorant conclusions just because it might fit you!

Just sit back enjoy the show and make the comments at least after what you have said has come true!

14Panic Buyers Empty Re: Panic Buyers Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:18 pm

tubal

Rajitha wrote:
tubal wrote:The ridiculous comments in the forum, particularly those about panic sellers prompted me to break the silence of several months (btw, the admin hasn't still complied with my request to delete my account).

I made sort of similar post about guy calling losers to who sold stocks about a week ago! But I have to disagree here also! How can you grantee that people who bought on Monday and Tuesday are the clear looser! If anything the price of those shares already went up and as i can see will even tomorrow ! Please don't make so ignorant conclusions just because it might fit you!

Just sit back enjoy the show and make the comments at least after what you have said has come true!

Thank you Rajitha, I bow to your superior knowledge as usual. I really do agree that my calling them looser might be unfair because the next gimmick could add 10-20% to the price of the junk. So you are right.

And while we are both here, could you be so kind as to take a moment to give us an update on plantation sector results (you might have done so already but I would have missed it, please bear with me). Pleas also take a moment to let us know if you think the rubber prices will go back up to 600 levels from the present 350 levels anytime soon.

Thank you

15Panic Buyers Empty Re: Panic Buyers Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:24 pm

mono

mono

Tubaaaal! you're back.

another thing that pisses me is the "sell when others are buying, buy when others are selling" mantra. This is utter bollocks, and unsurprisingly the first time i heard this was coming from MW.

16Panic Buyers Empty Re: Panic Buyers Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:32 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha

Sorry man But I left plantation sector a long time back ( over 3 months) and hardly have any left and even told people i know to leave them alone! So I have not been following them! I been in to mostly technical trading these days. Below is a snap shot!
Panic Buyers Update10

Anyway as I said, NAMU, KGAL will show great results (even AGAL might after next report!). I think KGAL, NAMU already have shown great results and even after all the price hikes trading below forward expected PE of below 6-8!

17Panic Buyers Empty Re: Panic Buyers Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:05 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

wow... Great tubal is back Very Happy Very Happy

and a one of gud senior $$$ also back...

jaya wewa..

18Panic Buyers Empty Re: Panic Buyers Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:50 pm

Light of Hope

Tubal

I agree 100% to what you say

well, this forum has become somewhat useless and misguiding. The truth has no power... too much of rubbish

see how much this forum misses you... the advise you give are the best to your knowledge, no hidden ajendas to mislead the crowd

stay with us, in these critical days

19Panic Buyers Empty Re: Panic Buyers Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:03 pm

Dr.Bubble

Dr.Bubble
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

fully agree bro,
welcome back tubal,we need your knowledge Very Happy

20Panic Buyers Empty Re: Panic Buyers Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:20 pm

UKboy

UKboy
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Light of Hope wrote:Tubal

I agree 100% to what you say

well, this forum has become somewhat useless and misguiding. The truth has no power... too much of rubbish

Tubal. Glad to see a topic from you after such long time. Specially some members keep posting baseless (& same) topics everyday.

Regarding the market.. Smile Well.... silent silent

21Panic Buyers Empty Re: Panic Buyers Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:49 pm

amilaela

amilaela

wait and see

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001851586843

22Panic Buyers Empty Re: Panic Buyers Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:05 pm

ipoguru

amilaela wrote:wait and see

how r u doing tubal?

I guess you will be wrong this time. This uptrend will continue to at least ASI 6500 levels..... :lol!: :lol!:

23Panic Buyers Empty Re: Panic Buyers Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:39 pm

WildBear

Rajitha wrote:Sorry man But I left plantation sector a long time back ( over 3 months) and hardly have any left and even told people i know to leave them alone! So I have not been following them! I been in to mostly technical trading these days. Below is a snap shot!
Panic Buyers Update10

Anyway as I said, NAMU, KGAL will show great results (even AGAL might after next report!). I think KGAL, NAMU already have shown great results and even after all the price hikes trading below forward expected PE of below 6-8!

What, You drop your plantations baby? What will happened to those who followed your expertise opinions and posts saying "Plantations are the Best stocks". Razz

Buy the way, you own some shares you hate; BFL in your portfolio. What a double standard; Practice what you preach Baby

24Panic Buyers Empty Re: Panic Buyers Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:27 am

manula

Well come back to the forum Tubal ! cheers we miss you !

25Panic Buyers Empty Re: Panic Buyers Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:13 am

tubal

ipoguru wrote:
amilaela wrote:wait and see

how r u doing tubal?

I guess you will be wrong this time. This uptrend will continue to at least ASI 6500 levels..... lol! lol!

Oh it could be quite likely that I will be proven wrong, but the more that I am proven wrong, the more right I will be!! Confused? Let me explain with the help of Bartleet religare's report:

They have explained the process as a can being kicked up hill, we have all played that game as kids haven't we? The harder you kick it, the faster it comes down. The can rolls down erratically, if you can't reach it when it rolls down .....

If the market had been allowed to fall naturally we would have touched bottom by now. Instead the greed of a few hundred brokers have placed the life savings of 30,000 at peril.

Oh lastly please note that I haven't said the market will not hit xxxx or anything like that anywhere in this thread. All I have said is panic buyers will lose their money and panic sellers might eventually become winners.

ps: Thanks everyone for your replies and encouragement.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum