FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Sri Lanka key Economic Indicators and Future Outlook for 2024
by God Father Today at 6:06 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by God Father Today at 5:59 pm

» HSENID BUSINESS SOLUTIONS PLC (HBS.N0000)
by God Father Today at 5:49 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by glad Today at 9:27 am

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by D.G.Dayaratne Yesterday at 7:28 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Panic Buyers

+18
amilaela
UKboy
Dr.Bubble
Light of Hope
mark
mono
Rajitha
sapumal
$$$
Hawk Eye
Backstage
godswen
wiki
sas
arrowms
light
aj
tubal
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Panic Buyers - Page 2 Empty Re: Panic Buyers Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:49 pm

amilaela

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

wait and see

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001851586843

27Panic Buyers - Page 2 Empty Re: Panic Buyers Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:05 pm

ipoguru

amilaela wrote:wait and see

how r u doing tubal?

I guess you will be wrong this time. This uptrend will continue to at least ASI 6500 levels..... :lol!: :lol!:

28Panic Buyers - Page 2 Empty Re: Panic Buyers Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:39 pm

WildBear

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Rajitha wrote:Sorry man But I left plantation sector a long time back ( over 3 months) and hardly have any left and even told people i know to leave them alone! So I have not been following them! I been in to mostly technical trading these days. Below is a snap shot!
Panic Buyers - Page 2 Update10

Anyway as I said, NAMU, KGAL will show great results (even AGAL might after next report!). I think KGAL, NAMU already have shown great results and even after all the price hikes trading below forward expected PE of below 6-8!

What, You drop your plantations baby? What will happened to those who followed your expertise opinions and posts saying "Plantations are the Best stocks". Razz

Buy the way, you own some shares you hate; BFL in your portfolio. What a double standard; Practice what you preach Baby

29Panic Buyers - Page 2 Empty Re: Panic Buyers Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:27 am

manula

Vice President - Equity Analytics

Well come back to the forum Tubal ! cheers we miss you !

30Panic Buyers - Page 2 Empty Re: Panic Buyers Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:13 am

tubal

ipoguru wrote:
amilaela wrote:wait and see

how r u doing tubal?

I guess you will be wrong this time. This uptrend will continue to at least ASI 6500 levels..... lol! lol!

Oh it could be quite likely that I will be proven wrong, but the more that I am proven wrong, the more right I will be!! Confused? Let me explain with the help of Bartleet religare's report:

They have explained the process as a can being kicked up hill, we have all played that game as kids haven't we? The harder you kick it, the faster it comes down. The can rolls down erratically, if you can't reach it when it rolls down .....

If the market had been allowed to fall naturally we would have touched bottom by now. Instead the greed of a few hundred brokers have placed the life savings of 30,000 at peril.

Oh lastly please note that I haven't said the market will not hit xxxx or anything like that anywhere in this thread. All I have said is panic buyers will lose their money and panic sellers might eventually become winners.

ps: Thanks everyone for your replies and encouragement.

31Panic Buyers - Page 2 Empty Re: Panic Buyers Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:41 am

Quibit

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

tubal wrote:The ridiculous comments in the forum, particularly those about panic sellers prompted me to break the silence of several months (btw, the admin hasn't still complied with my request to delete my account).

People who sold there shares in 'panic' three months ago are now big winners. 'Panic Sellers' of nov 16 are winners too. They can buy back those same shares at a lower price (even after accounting for the atrocious 1% transaction fee (both ways))

History might still prove that the panic sellers of Nov 25th are winners too. On the other hand, the panic buyers of Monday and Tuesday are clear losers. And it doesn't take a lot of guess work to figure out that it's these panic buyers, the panic buyers from the Carder rally, the panic buyers from the previous credit rules change rally that are accusing the sellers of being panic sellers.

Panic Buying and/or Selling simply means following a trend pattern and reacting to it. Buy when the other are selling and sell when others are buying theory is the complete opposite reaction to the first theory. We cannot say any one theory is better than the other with 100% certainty. Success may depends on many variable factors.

32Panic Buyers - Page 2 Empty Re: Panic Buyers Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:04 am

sas

sas

for me it's NOT something that who's right & who's wrong. We need every type of good arguments here. Everyone has their own version of truth,
There are different people in this investing community with different trading/ investing strategies. But agreeing the same fact may not lead you to "what you are looking for" instead if we look into the things "what is unseen?" , see every fact that can be affected, different types of facts will trigger your buying/holding/selling decision.

I always admire everyone who comes with an good argument. you may know that sometime back tubal and I also had some minor argument Very Happy

33Panic Buyers - Page 2 Empty Re: Panic Buyers Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:15 am

Rajitha

Rajitha

WildBear wrote:
Rajitha wrote:Sorry man But I left plantation sector a long time back ( over 3 months) and hardly have any left and even told people i know to leave them alone! So I have not been following them! I been in to mostly technical trading these days. Below is a snap shot!
Panic Buyers - Page 2 Update10

Anyway as I said, NAMU, KGAL will show great results (even AGAL might after next report!). I think KGAL, NAMU already have shown great results and even after all the price hikes trading below forward expected PE of below 6-8!

What, You drop your plantations baby? What will happened to those who followed your expertise opinions and posts saying "Plantations are the Best stocks". Razz

Buy the way, you own some shares you hate; BFL in your portfolio. What a double standard; Practice what you preach Baby

As I said here ,I told the people I knew to drop the plantation shares( I had them for almost 1 year in and out) ! Also this is a stock market! I'm not buying a stock to keep for ever! The biggest advice I can give you is " Don't get married in to stocks or get emotionally attached to them! ". In a market what you suppose to do is Buy high and sell higher ! If can't cut your loss fast and get out!

Also I don't hate any stock! You will be stupid if you mix your emotions run wild in a stock market! I have been saying that the Chicken stocks will fall as they were over valued and been artificially pushed up! ( As everyone could have seen they came tumbling down just as I said and almost against 99% peoples view )
Are these stocks fairly valued ? I will just leave it for you to decide. But as you can see what i have from BFL is 32 shares which I collected from Odd lot at dirt cheap price last week. For me I will buy any share if it is trading at a huge discount to the market!

34Panic Buyers - Page 2 Empty Re: Panic Buyers Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:20 am

aj

Rajitha wrote:
Also this is a stock market! I'm not buying a stock to keep for ever! The biggest advice I can give you is " Don't get married in to stocks or get emotionally attached to them! ".

What about Warren Buffett saying 'keep for ever'? Does it mean only short term trading works in CSE and investing is a failure?

35Panic Buyers - Page 2 Empty Re: Panic Buyers Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:40 am

Rajitha

Rajitha

aj wrote:
Rajitha wrote:
Also this is a stock market! I'm not buying a stock to keep for ever! The biggest advice I can give you is " Don't get married in to stocks or get emotionally attached to them! ".

What about Warren Buffett saying 'keep for ever'? Does it mean only short term trading works in CSE and investing is a failure?

This is not a USA stock exchange!
Also, you are not warren Buffet and you can't buy half of a company! He is a director in most of his holding companies he won't mind as he said if the company does not trade in stock market for 5 years! IS same true for you a guy buying couple of thousand stocks ?

36Panic Buyers - Page 2 Empty Re: Panic Buyers Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:11 am

manula

Rajitha wrote:
aj wrote:
Rajitha wrote:

This is not a USA stock exchange!
Also, you are not warren Buffet and you can't buy half of a company! He is a director in most of his holding companies he won't mind as he said if the company does not trade in stock market for 5 years! IS same true for you a guy buying couple of thousand stocks ?

Many investors want quick money and they cant hold the cash due to different reasons. As i know some Share Market thinks it is a easy place to earn quick bucks. So many people are on day trading running behind speculative stocks. Not thinking about the real value of fundamentals

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum