FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by D.G.Dayaratne Today at 7:28 am

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Fri May 17, 2024 9:08 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Wed May 15, 2024 1:58 pm

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Be careful Margin calls on TAFL.N, GRAN.N, and BFL

+12
mark
Monster
Angrybird
lokuayya
balapas
Slstock
Kosinna
opfdo
LankanLion
worthiness
arjunaedirisinghe
walapingana
16 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

walapingana

walapingana
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Large amount of margin traders are now trying to find buyers for TAFL mainly and GRAN who bough huge quantities at higher price. Millions of quantities to be sold. These margin calls were received from three banks.

Better not to buy until shares on calls are sold

arjunaedirisinghe

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

We got 128,000 to sell but no buyers No

worthiness

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

@walapingana

can you please explain your text above again?
If no buyers for 3 poultry listings, price should come down drastically in next week. Shouldn't it?

LankanLion

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

walapingana wrote:Large amount of margin traders are now trying to find buyers for TAFL mainly and GRAN who bough huge quantities at higher price. Millions of quantities to be sold. These margin calls were received from three banks.

since the market is dropping drastically their would be margin calls on many shares. It is hard to say which shares would have what kinda margin calls. If we say don't touch poultry stocks what would you say abt the rest of the shares??

I would say not to make assumptions as no one can predict the market and assume what is what without proper proof.

Cheers

opfdo

opfdo
Vice President - Equity Analytics

walapingana wrote:Large amount of margin traders are now trying to find buyers for TAFL mainly and GRAN who bough huge quantities at higher price. Millions of quantities to be sold. These margin calls were received from three banks.

Dear walapingana & arjunaedirisinghe,
what is your base ? how do you know, pls just do not put this kind of statements,

or are you expecting to buy those three @ 30-50 range.
No

walapingana

walapingana
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

LankanLion wrote:

since the market is dropping drastically their would be margin calls on many shares. It is hard to say which shares would have what kinda margin calls. If we say don't touch poultry stocks what would you say abt the rest of the shares??

I would say not to make assumptions as no one can predict the market and assume what is what without proper proof.

Cheers

macho,

Thing is this. As far as risk is concerned many banks failed to capture the risk of three stocks mainly GRAN And TAFL when giving margin loans given the situation that GRAN.N0000 was manipulated last year and it went up to 250. valuation counters were not realistic.

Now only we see that it is about to reflect its real price. but remember poultry industry was performing well in the recent past. Please analyse the last 5 days price trend, you will realize the fact.

Thanks buddy

Last edited by walapingana on Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

walapingana

walapingana
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

osmand wrote:

what is your base ? how do you know, pls just do not put this kind of statements,

No

I dont want to buy. I am holding 24800 shares at average cost of 164.4

opfdo

opfdo

walapingana wrote:
osmand wrote:

No

be brave machan, tell us such a post with proofs

Kosinna

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Sometime, it is hard to give proof because the opinion is based on the fact and analysis. Even though it is an opinion it is make sense to me. Thanks for info walapingana.

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

walapingana wrote:
osmand wrote:

No

Walapingana,

I thought you said you had only GREG.W2, CDIC, UDPL.
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t15679-please-help-me#102480

Now you say you also hold 24800 TAFL or GRAN shares ( earlier you said you have only GREG, UDPL,CDIC). If you hold tafl at Rs 164 you must be so benevolent to protect others from price drops even sacrificing your losses to even more?

At time you speak like a very knowledgeable person and other times you act very innocent.

Look , unless you give clear cut answers we will have to watch you carefully and take action. Maybe there might be further drop is TAFL, I am not talking about it, I am talking about your behavior.

opfdo

opfdo

slstock wrote:
walapingana wrote:
osmand wrote:

No

you got the point
you got the point

Walapingana,

Now you say you also hold 24800 TAFL or GRAN shares ( earlier you said you have only GREG, UDPL,CDIC). If you hold tafl at Rs 164 you must be so benevolent to protect others from price drops even sacrificing your losses to even more?

At time you speak like a very knowledgeable person and other times you act very innocent.

Look , unless you give clear cut answers we will have to watch you carefully and take action. Maybe there might be further drop is TAFL, I am not talking about it, I am talking about your behavior.

balapas

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

This guy "walapingana" wants to create a panic situation so that people will sell at lower prices. I see this as an attempt to bring the market down to buy shares for himself. Please read this post by him http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t15608-exit-as-a-strategic-divestiture?highlight=EXIT

lokuayya

If everybody think these as manipulative , the SEC should crack down on manipulative acts and and cyber crimes.

Angrybird

Angrybird
Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Can somebody explain what is margin calls means?

Monster

Monster

slstock wrote:
Walapingana,

Good observation slstock.

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

Monster wrote:
slstock wrote:
Walapingana,

Good observation slstock.

he is fully nuts guys,he dont know what he is talking about,he wants to be an expert,let him to be... Laughing

wiser

wiser

This bugger try to make others fool and panic and buy them at a bargain price. but people no what are real gems. Why don't we get together and kick off these kind of cheap buggers out from the forum. Quibit This is for your attention pls.

hettdas

hettdas
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

balapas wrote:This guy "walapingana" wants to create a panic situation so that people will sell at lower prices. I see this as an attempt to bring the market down to buy shares for himself. Please read this post by him http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t15608-exit-as-a-strategic-divestiture?highlight=EXIT

You are exactly correct Balapas. This guy "walapingana" Wants to create panic situation and buy at lowest...You can understand about him, reading his previous articles. Moderators please take an immediate action about him.

Gaja

Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Angrybird wrote:Can somebody explain what is margin calls means?

You can obtain credit facilities from the banks and finance companies against the shares u have, they use to give different percentage for different stocks.

Here will say u have 10,000 shares of 10 each (worth of 100,000) now, and the bank gave u credit of 50%, and u utilize it in full buy another 5,000 shares at 10. So ur Portfolio value is 150,000/= and Margin Value is 75,000 and ur credit is only 50,000 so no issues, now we will say that value per share came down to 6/= then your portfolio value will be 90,000 and the margin value is 45,000 where as you use the credit for 50,000/=. At this case the Margin Provider will asked u deposit 5,000/= so bring additional shares worth of 10,000/= or you have to dispose 10,000/= worth shares.

If you failed to do one of this three, then the Margin Provider will tell your broker to dispose the shares.

Angrybird

Angrybird
Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Gaja wrote:
Angrybird wrote:Can somebody explain what is margin calls means?

You can obtain credit facilities from the banks and finance companies against the shares u have, they use to give different percentage for different stocks.

Here will say u have 10,000 shares of 10 each (worth of 100,000) now, and the bank gave u credit of 50%, and u utilize it in full buy another 5,000 shares at 10. So ur Portfolio value is 150,000/= and Margin Value is 75,000 and ur credit is only 50,000 so no issues, now we will say that value per share came down to 6/= then your portfolio value will be 90,000 and the margin value is 45,000 where as you use the credit for 50,000/=. At this case the Margin Provider will asked u deposit 5,000/= so bring additional shares worth of 10,000/= or you have to dispose 10,000/= worth shares.

If you failed to do one of this three, then the Margin Provider will tell your broker to dispose the shares.

Now I can understand , Thank you Gaja

Max

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

looks like somebody wants to buy poultry shares for paltry sums Smile

Dude, the whole market is on a margin call + panic selling spree....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum