FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Today at 9:08 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Yesterday at 9:13 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Wed May 15, 2024 1:58 pm

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

URGENT MESSAGE TO FORUM PARTICIPANTS: Please read

+16
glwking
smallville
Appuhamy
wiki
rijayasooriya
bullrun
swan03
Dr.Bubble
Redbulls
rmark
hirankb
Roboticfx
Kithsiri
sriranga
Monster
Slstock
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

Dear all,

This is a general warning to everybody.

This is an Investment forum. Our main focus is to discuss about stock market and investments. I see more and more emotions and political comments in the forum now. I have been silently observing.

If people do not control emotions, address point to the topic posted and relate to stock market , repercussion will happen.

Do not say I did not warn you. I do a thankless volunteer job here. My goal ( and other Admins and moderators also) is to protect this as an investment discussion forum and have it open for the future. And not have it shut down due to off topic posts.

We try to promote open discussions much as possible and let people express their idea freely. But they need to be mostly related to Investment even if politics and emotions are dragged into it. I personally try not to get involved in controversial discussions unless I have to to give fair chance to see were it is heading. Please do not abuse your rights and divert your focus. THIS IS AN INVESTMENT RELATED FORUM. Other are other forums if you search the net to discuss "other issues".

Please do not quarrel over issue not related to Equity and make this forum full of politics or other agendas.

This is stern but humble request.

Last edited by slstock on Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Monster

Monster
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Excellent slstock. It's a timely warning. We should note that this is an investment forum. But I hardly see investment related discussion these days. I hope admin other moderators will take necessary action, if anyone violate the forum rules.

sriranga

sriranga
Co-Admin

I do agree with both of you.
I'm also watching the last 2 weeks post and comments.
Timely warning, hope members can understand the fact.

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

Kithsiri

Kithsiri

Whether politics or otherwise, everything has some ramifications on the CSE too.
Therefore it is better to be objective than emotional.
Latter part of any argument used to take this turn lately on this forum and this must have been (according to me) one reason that not many participation with substances.

Roboticfx

Roboticfx

well done. I had also wanted to do this. thanks slstock. Very Happy

Kithsiri

Kithsiri

Let's see whether we have the b**** to "Walk the Talk".

Slstock

Slstock

Kithsiri wrote:Let's see whether we have the b**** to "Walk the Talk".

Can you explain what you mean by this statement? ie The "Walk" you identified we need to take and specifically suggest what you have in mind and about whom?

Last edited by slstock on Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

hirankb

hirankb
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Do not understand the technicality of the moderatos or who owns this site.... but what it means is weather the moderators have the gusts(balls) to do what they threaten to do.

By the way I do agree with moderators... other than silly ego fighting among members serious political issues and policies should be allowed as they have direct repurcussions to the market. SRI lanka has a highly politisized society.

but political discussions should be focused on economic issues rather than who $%#&$ whom.

Last edited by hirankb on Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:10 pm; edited 2 times in total

rmark

rmark
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Slstock, agree with you, timely warning!

Redbulls

Redbulls

Timely warning for everyone but specially to strong headed Mod.

Dr.Bubble

Dr.Bubble
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

thanksssssssssss very very much for your work admin..

even mods are behaving badly Evil or Very Mad please dont give moderatorships to KOLLATAI ,BALLATAI , and to everyone who just posting nonsense

appreciate your work Smile Smile

Roboticfx

Roboticfx

hirankb wrote:Do not understand the technicality of the moderatos or who owns this site.... but what it means is weather the moderators have the gusts(balls) to do what they threaten to do.

By the way I do agree with moderators... other than silly ego fighting among members serious political issues and policies should be allowed as they have direct repurcussions to the market. SRI lanka has a highly politisized society.

but political discussions should be focused on economic issues rather than who $%#&$ whom.

Hello hiran, please remove the filth.

Kithsiri

Kithsiri

slstock wrote:
Can you explain what you mean by this statement? ie The "Walk" you identified we need to take and specifically suggest what you have in mind and about whom?
Any posting, the poster should be able to show / prove that subject matter brought in to the forum floor would have some effect on the economy of the country.
If the relationship cannot be easily identified then the Moderators should ask the poster to shed more light to see the link clearly.
If the poster fails to do that, then the Moderators are free to do whatever they are empowered to do to keep the sanctity of the forum.
Hope I made myself abundantly clear.

swan03

Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Thanks slstock! Once or twice I also requested to talk about the incidents which effect to the stock market. But our members fighting just like cats & dogs. I have no idea whether they are in a stress due to the down trend. Even though, why we cant discuss something peacefully? Lets unite and help each other guys!

Last edited by swan03 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:49 am; edited 1 time in total

bullrun

bullrun
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

It is a very good warning. It was observed that certain people want to turn this forum as an anti Government political forum. Politicks definitely have an impact over market. It has to be analyzed professional way.

Slstock

Slstock

hirankb wrote:Do not understand the technicality of the moderatos or who owns this site.... but what it means is weather the moderators have the gusts(balls) to do what they threaten to do.

There is no direct threat here or worry to anyone.

People should understand the primary focus of this forum is, ie as investment forum . And respect that. Then things will be fine. Thats the point.

People should not simply participate here to spread their other agendas by diverting far from the investment topic focus. Yes politics emotions are part of CSE but show how it relate to Investment.

Right now too many personal fights, arguments and diversion happen on topics diverting from investment aspects.
They are growing. These discussion/arguments do not show how it is relevant to Equity market.

Not body here I presume want to ban anyone. I have banned none so far. I do not plan to do it also unless I have to.
The admins and some moderator have been getting complaints about possible abusive posts. But we try to tolerate discussion much as possible.

So having **** or not to ban people is subjective. My perspective might not be yours. Should we entertain any discussion as you say they are indirectly related to equity in some way or the other ? What I see as abusive to forum rules and focus might not be abusive to you.

So in summary this post is not about testing our skills or our **** to take action. It about requesting to keep focus on Investment topics and reducing unnecessary arguments. I simply do not have the time to monitor and comment on each topic( other Admin /Co Admin and moderators also) . We do this purely voluntarily right now.

Do we want a forum for the future? If so let us unite to keep focus on forum objectives and not test administrative/volunteer skills. Please help to keep focus and not waste volunteer time and energy on unnecessary things.
thank you.

Slstock

Slstock

Kithsiri wrote:
slstock wrote:
Any posting, the poster should be able to show / prove that subject matter brought in to the forum floor would have some effect on the economy of the country.
If the relationship cannot be easily identified then the Moderators should ask the poster to shed more light to see the link clearly.
If the poster fails to do that, then the Moderators are free to do whatever they are empowered to do to keep the sanctity of the forum.
Hope I made myself abundantly clear.

Yes. Thanks for the thoughts .

Redbulls

Redbulls

Some moderators are head strong,stubborn and wearing a blue glass.
Anything against their view as usual like SL politicos painting with racism remark.
Pathedic situation for this kind of forum.
Can't we lock those threads?

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

Redbulls wrote:Some moderators are head strong,stubborn and wearing a blue glass.
Anything against their view as usual like SL politicos painting with racism remark.

Yes this pathetic situation has risen after 2 or 3 user accounts joined this forum recently.

Redbulls

Redbulls

rijayasooriya wrote:
Redbulls wrote:Some moderators are head strong,stubborn and wearing a blue glass.

Yes this pathetic situation has risen after 2 or 3 user accounts joined this forum recently.

Ok!!!
So you are the one of them whom I mentioned?
Thanks by accepting by the way of responding.

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

Redbulls wrote:
rijayasooriya wrote:

Ok!!!

There is nothing to accept here.Anyone with a little bit of brain can understand to whom u mentioned.Anyway when I read ur arguiments I remember about a debator who lived in Lord Buddha's period.His name was Sachchaka and He thought his brain was in the abdoman and it was always enlarging.

Kithsiri

Kithsiri

Here we go again. Shocked

Redbulls

Redbulls

rijayasooriya wrote:
Redbulls wrote:
rijayasooriya wrote:

Ok!!!

There is nothing to accept here.Anyone with a little bit of brain can understand to whom u mentioned.Anyway when I read ur arguiments I remember about a debator who lived in Lord Buddha's period.His name was Sachchaka and He thought his brain was in the abdoman and it was always enlarging.

I appreciate your studies of Lord Buddha, but try to preach what you studied.
Then come here to comment.
Again and again I'm saying you are a time waster and head strong stubborn blue glassed .............. the other words are not nice to say.
If you want I can PM.

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

Redbulls wrote:
rijayasooriya wrote:
Redbulls wrote:
rijayasooriya wrote:

Ok!!!

I appreciate your studies of Lord Buddha, but try to preach what you studied.
Then come here to comment.
Again and again I'm saying you are a time waster and head strong stubborn blue glassed .............. the other words are not nice to say.
If you want I can PM.

Thanks for the appreciation.No furthur comments as u are so frustrated.

Slstock

Slstock

Guys ,

Some of you are proving my point about fighting over non investment related personal issues.

Please respect this thread, the forum objectives. If you guys must argue do it over PMs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum