FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Yesterday at 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hello JINS

+17
traderathome
Kithsiri
Backstage
monash
raa
Light of Hope
sapumal
Monster
Gaja
econ
Meta Trader
xmart
lokka1
seyon
optimistic
kuk83
Slstock
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Hello  JINS  Empty Hello JINS Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:06 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

Hello JINS,

I have had faith in your business and opted to subscribe to JINS at Rs 12 in 2008. Today the market price is Rs 15.9. After 2.5 Years of waiting my overall again is around 30%. It equals to around 12.% per annum. Last year I bought further shares around Rs 14-15. Now my again is less than 20% or 10% per year. When some shares appreciated over 500% I had faith to hold on to JINS as I believed in your business model and I believed you will take care of your investors.
In 2008 and 2009 we saw that you did take care of us with percentage wise high dividends. In 2010 we have no dividend to date, ( in 2009 we had 2). We have been waiting patiently for a long time. Investor are loosing patience which might be virtue at times and not at other times. If you have any intention of paying us any dividend this year please do so without delay your year end financials are also out. Please note there is a opportunity cost we all are sacrificing.

We will continue to be faithful but you do the same please to retain long term investors. else some of us will have to seek greener pastures.

Sincerely,
A Long term investor on behalf of all JINS long term investors.

2Hello  JINS  Empty Re: Hello JINS Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:25 pm

kuk83

kuk83
Manager - Equity Analytics

slstock wrote:
Hello JINS,

I have had faith in your business and opted to subscribe to JINS at Rs 12 in 2008. Today the market price is Rs 15.9. After 2.5 Years of waiting my overall again is around 30%. It equals to around 12.% per annum. Last year I bought further shares around Rs 14-15. Now my again is less than 20% or 10% per year. When some shares appreciated over 500% I had faith to hold on to JINS as I believed in your business model and I believed you will take care of your investors.
In 2008 and 2009 we saw that you did take care of us with percentage wise high dividends. In 2010 we have no dividend to date, ( in 2009 we had 2). We have been waiting patiently for a long time. Investor are loosing patience which might be virtue at times and not at other times. If you have any intention of paying us any dividend this year please do so without delay your year end financials are also out. Please note there is a opportunity cost we all are sacrificing.

We will continue to be faithful but you do the same please to retain long term investors. else some of us will have to seek greener pastures.

Sincerely,
A Long term investor on behalf of all JINS long term investors.

Razz Razz lol! Basketball

3Hello  JINS  Empty Re: Hello JINS Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:37 pm

optimistic

optimistic

I think its better to not stay married to a stock. What a lot of opportunity cost JINS had incurred to you. What I dont understand is why JINS is so slow moving? I remember they had a big portion of BFL shares and probably profited a lot from that. Isnt that supposed to increase the value of the company? JINS certainly dont have as much as shares that RICH has in the market to be this slow moving. Last 9 months we've seen heaps of new cars being hire purchased. Then full insurance is a must. That should definitely increase JINS revenue because undoubtedly JINS is a leading insurer for motor vehicles in SL. But it keeps on stagnating. I dont know if I'm missing something here scratch

4Hello  JINS  Empty Re: Hello JINS Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:48 pm

Slstock

Slstock

optimistic wrote:I think its better to not stay married to a stock. What a lot of opportunity cost JINS had incurred to you. What I dont understand is why JINS is so slow moving? I remember they had a big portion of BFL shares and probably profited a lot from that. Isnt that supposed to increase the value of the company? JINS certainly dont have as much as shares that RICH has in the market to be this slow moving. Last 9 months we've seen heaps of new cars being hire purchased. Then full insurance is a must. That should definitely increase JINS revenue because undoubtedly JINS is a leading insurer for motor vehicles in SL. But it keeps on stagnating. I dont know if I'm missing something here scratch

Well I was smart enough not to invest heaps but less than 5% of my portfolio at that time. This is one share which has stagnated for too long. With last year results and an EPS of 2 , this is very much undervalued to its sector. Anything can happen. Remember we hold for years/months and sell one day. The next day the share can have a rally. Especially if it is undervalued.

Yes JINS had caused me some opportunity cost over capital gain but during the war period 2008 / 2009 JINS was a which had given higher return on dividend. So during 2008/2009 I did not loose much as it was like keeping the money in the bank as a fixed. 2010 was different story.
I think if there is any sense of fundamentals in CSE this has to run sooner than later.

One thing is I am not sure how much people are comfortable with Shafters Buiness practices. Look at CFVF and CSEC right now. Highly undervalued to market/sector. Then again these guys can surprise uslike CFVF last year. Which shot up 300% in few months.

If Jins give 1 Rs divided this year that like nearly 10% right now.

Welcome to weird world of CSE. Only if we can mind read.

5Hello  JINS  Empty Re: Hello JINS Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:20 pm

seyon

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

slstock wrote:
optimistic wrote:I think its better to not stay married to a stock. What a lot of opportunity cost JINS had incurred to you. What I dont understand is why JINS is so slow moving? I remember they had a big portion of BFL shares and probably profited a lot from that. Isnt that supposed to increase the value of the company? JINS certainly dont have as much as shares that RICH has in the market to be this slow moving. Last 9 months we've seen heaps of new cars being hire purchased. Then full insurance is a must. That should definitely increase JINS revenue because undoubtedly JINS is a leading insurer for motor vehicles in SL. But it keeps on stagnating. I dont know if I'm missing something here scratch

Well I was smart enough not to invest heaps but less than 5% of my portfolio at that time. This is one share which has stagnated for too long. With last year results and an EPS of 2 , this is very much undervalued to its sector. Anything can happen. Remember we hold for years/months and sell one day. The next day the share can have a rally. Especially if it is undervalued.

Yes JINS had caused me some opportunity cost over capital gain but during the war period 2008 / 2009 JINS was a which had given higher return on dividend. So during 2008/2009 I did not loose much as it was like keeping the money in the bank as a fixed. 2010 was different story.
I think if there is any sense of fundamentals in CSE this has to run sooner than later.

One thing is I am not sure how much people are comfortable with Shafters Buiness practices. Look at CFVF and CSEC right now. Highly undervalued to market/sector. Then again these guys can surprise uslike CFVF last year. Which shot up 300% in few months.

If Jins give 1 Rs divided this year that like nearly 10% right now.

Welcome to weird world of CSE. Only if we can mind read.

Hi slstock

Yes i agreed with u. this is very undervalued counter in terms of earnings with reporting PE of 8 while others running at more than 13 times... However when u look at the assets value in this sectors all are in same board.... One thing i can observe from JINS When the price goes up the parent company (Janshakthi Ltd) try to sell it stakes, In 2010 company dilutes its holding by 43Mn shares... That may be the reason for it is stagnated for long time ( I maybe wrong)

How do u think about HASU and UAL....

Happy Trading

6Hello  JINS  Empty Re: Hello JINS Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:49 pm

lokka1

I agree with you 100%. They waste money by printing annual reports with their portraits and spending 600 rupees to mail them. It is not worth the paper it is written on. It is the poor trees and the stock holders who suffer. LOKKA1

7Hello  JINS  Empty Re: Hello JINS Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:27 pm

xmart

xmart
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

this is the problem of Schafters umbrella. looks like undervalue and attractive. but stagnating. shooting one or two times. then fall back to previous level.

8Hello  JINS  Empty Re: Hello JINS Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:38 am

Meta Trader

Meta Trader

xmart wrote:this is the problem of Schafters umbrella. looks like undervalue and attractive. but stagnating. shooting one or two times. then fall back to previous level.

indeed. this may be due to a internal family matter i guess. scratch

9Hello  JINS  Empty Re: Hello JINS Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:52 am

econ

econ
Global Moderator

I think they need good connection with stock broker firms.
in CSE to get price appreciate you need brokers/promoters.

10Hello  JINS  Empty Re: Hello JINS Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:00 am

Slstock

Slstock

econ wrote:I think they need good connection with stock broker firms.
in CSE to get price appreciate you need brokers/promoters.
You have a point there. Forget manipulation, a little promotion will always help to give a kick start. I will not mention names of shares but we know what happend after a kick start with certain shares. People then chase them like crazy even when they are overvalued. When the same share was undervalued the interest was minimal as people ( specially short term traders) do not bother as there is no immediate trend to make quick money.

11Hello  JINS  Empty Re: Hello JINS Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:35 am

seyon

JKSB forecasts Janashakthi Insurance to post Rs. 784 m earnings in FY11

John Keells Stock Brokers (JKSB) is forecasting Janashakthi Insurance Plc to post Rs. 784 million in earnings in the current 2011 financial year. This forecast is following Janashakthi Insurance (JINS) increasing its profit after tax by 93% to Rs. 280 million in the first half. In FY2010, Janashakthi posted its best ever profit of Rs. 770 million. Here are excerpts from JKSB’s review and outlook on JINS:

As per the industry statistics provided by the regulator IBSL, Janashakthi Insurance is ranked as the third largest General insurer in the country with an approximate market share of 12% by the end of FY10. In the Life insurance segment, JINS ranked fifth in the industry with a market share of 5.4%.
Over the years, JINS has been predominantly an aggressive Non-Life insurance provider, contributing to as much as 75% of GWP.

However, in recent years, the company has shown interest in expanding its Life insurance portfolio with the change in the macroeconomic environment in the country.
The company has seen steady growth in recent years posting the highest ever profit of Rs. 770 million in FY10 thanks to prudent and efficient management of its investment portfolio.
Stemming from its performance in FY10, JINS recorded a PAT of Rs. 280 million for 1HFY11, growing 93% y-o-y thanks to a 23% increase in GWP.
Non-Life GWP accounted for over 70% of total GWP which grew 23% y-o-y with Motor Insurance (MI) being the largest contributor to the segment accounting for 71% of Non – Life GWP. The MI segment grew over 17% in 1HFY11 on the back of reduced vehicle duties which led to an influx of vehicles.
However, the company remained less aggressive in its new policy acquisitions under motor in order to ensure that the quality of the portfolio is maintained. Additionally, the company began pruning down on its medical portfolio in order to improve the bottom line.
Better claims control saw the company enjoying an approximate 6% reduction in net insurance claims and benefits to Rs. 1.47 billion in 1HFY11 mainly due to a reduction in flood related claims. JINS, similar to most other insurance providers saw a marginal decline in investment income to Rs. 429 million.
Despite lower returns on the equity market, the company booked in approximately Rs. 100 million in realised capital gains during the 1HFY11. By the end of FY10, of the funds under management in the Non-Life segment, approximately 57% has been invested in government securities (compared to around 70%-80% by other insurance providers) while a further 15% and a 16% has been invested in the equity and corporate debt market respectively.
JINS has expanded its Life insurance portfolio which accounted for only 22% in FY05 as against 27% in FY10. The Life insurance segment saw a 23% growth in GWP to Rs. 870 million with first year and renewal premiums growing by 52% and 7.5% yoy respectively. By the end of FY10, approximately 83% of funds under the segment were allocated to government securities. During 1HFY11, Rs. 385 million was transferred to the Life fund which stood at Rs. 4.2 billion.
Earnings for the 1HFY11 do not include any earnings from the Life insurance segment which will be made available only at year end post valuation of the Life fund.
Outlook
On the General insurance segment, motor insurance is likely to maintain current growth levels for the next couple of years given the current tariff structure. Price competition that was prevalent in the segment is likely to reduce in the medium term given the need to split Life and General insurance businesses in four years, thus resulting in policies of better quality being underwritten.
Other segments such as fire are likely to see only marginal growth as large infrastructure projects will be underwritten by the state owned insurance providers while companies such as JINS will have to rely heavily on private sector investments.
Investment income on the General insurance segment will remain more challenging as returns from the equity markets moderate. On Life insurance, the segment exhibits heavy potential with low penetration ratio compared to other regional peers.
With a growing ageing population in the country and only a smaller percentage of the public having access to pension schemes, the need for retirement products is increasing. Complemented by a growth in per capita income, we expect the basic endowment policies to see growth in the medium term. JINS is expected to focus heavily on developing its health related life insurance category.
Given the above, we expect JINS to post Rs. 784 million in earnings for FY11E, which translates to an EPS of Rs. 2.16. At a price of Rs. 16.30, the counter is trading at a P/E multiple of 7.5 times – a discount of 35% to the sector.

No related content found.

12Hello  JINS  Empty Re: Hello JINS Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:37 pm

Gaja

Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Slstock will it back to IPO price soon i.e 12/=? today came down up to 12.80!!!!!

13Hello  JINS  Empty Re: Hello JINS Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:51 pm

Monster

Monster
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Gaja wrote:Slstock will it back to IPO price soon i.e 12/=? today came down up to 12.80!!!!!
Yes Gaja, I am monitoring this share. It has almost reached the IPO price.

14Hello  JINS  Empty Re: Hello JINS Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:00 pm

sapumal

Vice President - Equity Analytics

Hi Longterm investors,

If you are a long term investor , you have to give number 1 priority to the amount of dividend giving per year. You have to be satisfied just with the dividend if you are long term

sincere,
JINS

15Hello  JINS  Empty Re: Hello JINS Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:17 pm

Gaja

sapumal wrote:Hi Longterm investors,

If you are a long term investor , you have to give number 1 priority to the amount of dividend giving per year. You have to be satisfied just with the dividend if you are long term

sincere,
JINS

yes yes even if they gave 1/= dividend at this price it will be around 10% so not bad!!!!!!

16Hello  JINS  Empty Re: Hello JINS Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:48 pm

Light of Hope

I got 5000 at 12.9 last week, hopeing a good dividend

17Hello  JINS  Empty Re: Hello JINS Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:19 pm

raa

I bought this share last year at Rs. 14 and I was happy to get a Rs. 1 dividend. I sold a bit when it ran to Rs. 20. My average is now Rs. 13...and I collected small quantities at Rs. 12.80, Rs. 12.90 and Rs. 13.10.

Another Rs. 1 dividend will be most excellent!! Very Happy

Lets hope for the best when the Dividend announcement comes in End-March! Anybody who buys at Rs. 13 will get a 7.6% return in 2 months. (Assuming we are correct on the dividend).

18Hello  JINS  Empty Re: Hello JINS Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:28 pm

monash

monash

I don't understand why JINS stuck on this level forever.. only on last year it went to 22 for short period, but couldn't sustain it. This should be trade above 20 in terms of their earnings.. SEC removed it from MPI company list on this year.

19Hello  JINS  Empty Re: Hello JINS Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:08 am

Monster

Monster

Gaja wrote:Slstock will it back to IPO price soon i.e 12/=? today came down up to 12.80!!!!!
Now it's trading below it's IPO price. Current trading price is Rs 11.30 Surprised

20Hello  JINS  Empty Re: Hello JINS Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:36 am

Backstage

Backstage

Hello,hello,
tis' that time of the year to say hello to JINS right ?

21Hello  JINS  Empty Re: Hello JINS Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:02 pm

Gaja

Monster wrote:
Now it's trading below it's IPO price. Current trading price is Rs 11.30 Surprised

Now at 11.00

22Hello  JINS  Empty Re: Hello JINS Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:57 am

Backstage

Backstage

Never mind the dividend, what about the March results ? Can any JINS watchers enlighten ?

23Hello  JINS  Empty Re: Hello JINS Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:26 pm

Slstock

Slstock

Backstage wrote:Never mind the dividend, what about the March results ? Can any JINS watchers enlighten ?

They report every 6 months. June and Dec.

24Hello  JINS  Empty Re: Hello JINS Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:27 pm

Backstage

Backstage

Oh thanks, I was starting to get worried. Now would be a nice time for a div announcement.

25Hello  JINS  Empty Re: Hello JINS Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:32 pm

econ

econ
Global Moderator

one of the most shitiest shares in the market.. IPO price 12 in 2008. current price is 9..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum