FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Yesterday at 9:01 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:18 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:51 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:31 pm

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:10 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:52 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:56 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:55 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:53 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:39 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:10 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:08 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:50 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:07 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:54 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:00 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:52 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:17 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:12 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:18 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:51 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:55 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:17 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Have we hit rock bottom or is it deeper!!

+12
UKboy
million
Chinwi
mark
godswen
$$$
Slstock
duke
Aamiable
StocksWatch
wikum100
MoneyMaker
16 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

MoneyMaker

MoneyMaker
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

The share prices have dropped drastically in the past 3 weeks. The ASPI and MPI have gone down by 12-15%.
Will it drop further is the million rupee question? but I guess its still to early. I feel the pool is deeper than many of us think .
Predictions are set for March End to April 1st week for shares to gain momentum, but whats important to me is how long will it take to gain the 12-15% the market lost in the last 3 weeks???

Our stock market is behaving like the Sub prime mortgage issue in the US.

Many people have lost millions of rupees in the last 3 weeks, how long will it take for them to make it back?

People have been talking about the Banks & Finance companies having a bull run since Jan/Feb. But it never happened.

Where do we go from here? Is the CSE cyclic??

Easy come, Easy go!!

wikum100

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

MoneyMaker wrote:The share prices have dropped drastically in the past 3 weeks. The ASPI and MPI have gone down by 12-15%.
Will it drop further is the million rupee question? but I guess its still to early. I feel the pool is deeper than many of us think .
Predictions are set for March End to April 1st week for shares to gain momentum, but whats important to me is how long will it take to gain the 12-15% the market lost in the last 3 weeks???

Our stock market is behaving like the Sub prime mortgage issue in the US.

Many people have lost millions of rupees in the last 3 weeks, how long will it take for them to make it back?

People have been talking about the Banks & Finance companies having a bull run since Jan/Feb. But it never happened.

Where do we go from here? Is the CSE cyclic??

Easy come, Easy go!!

i think market will come back to normal after march 20th march
after election results on 18th and so called "'super moon effect "' on 19th march
Rolling Eyes cyclops

StocksWatch

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

If this trend continues tomorrow, there is all possibility that ASI will go below famous 7000 mark. I remember the investors were so enthusiastic of ASI breaking 7000 mark early January 2011. Some said if ASI break 7000 it will go on and break 8000 easily. It actually went 7800+ in early Feb thanks to some illiquid shares performing irrationally.

Aamiable

Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Super credit moon effect and the credit melt down effect will also be over. I do not think there is lot of credits left, volumes getting smaller. Those investors do not have credit do not seem to sell with losses at current prices. Unnecessary panic only creates trouble. If the investors understand the situation, they will remain calm.

duke

now what happens is that the buyers are not buying because tomorrow they can buy them cheaper. sellers can't sell because they have to clear but at a loss.

StocksWatch

duke wrote:now what happens is that the buyers are not buying because tomorrow they can buy them cheaper. sellers can't sell because they have to clear but at a loss.

Even the brokers are advising to delay the buying decisions.

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

StocksWatch wrote:If this trend continues tomorrow, there is all possibility that ASI will go below famous 7000 mark. I remember the investors were so enthusiastic of ASI breaking 7000 mark early January 2011. Some said if ASI break 7000 it will go on and break 8000 easily. It actually went 7800+ in early Feb thanks to some illiquid shares performing irrationally.

Yes the curios thing will be how long this 2% ( or even 1%) drops in a day can continue. If it does further there will be blood shed for certain shares and small retailers. Some fundamental share as I mentioned in several other threads are trading at over 6 month lows.

Market is already over sold. It seems panic sellers are ruining the market looking at the volumes traded in the last 2 days. Force selling must have been covered to a greater extend by now after this massive drop. So who is killing the market now is the question?

$$$

Ideal scene to create pnic selling as well 50% Credit clearing, Middle east crisis, Japan earth quake , Elections , Lack of foreign funds, CSE expensivest in the world etc etc.....put all this together and a lot of in expereinced reatilers will bail out ....in the past two years thare have been many new comers they are the guys who panic Smile ... I have relations who have got in to the market this year panicking when the ASPI drops 1 point or gets red for two consecutive days ...also stories lik the Bangladesh stock exchange ad fuel to fire .....it's easier to create pnic selling now as opposed to say a couple of years ago Smile....peole who hold on and specailly who avaerage or buy at these rates are in for a good year ....

godswen

godswen

Anyways anyways, I started buying again, most of em won't agree with me with if it's the best time but for me this looks much deep, so i started buying in small quantities, I will continue the buying till Friday.. Twisted Evil

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

godswen wrote:Anyways anyways, I started buying again, most of em won't agree with me with if it's the best time but for me this looks much deep, so i started buying in small quantities, I will continue the buying till Friday.. Twisted Evil

Till next week?

godswen

godswen

mark wrote:
godswen wrote:Anyways anyways, I started buying again, most of em won't agree with me with if it's the best time but for me this looks much deep, so i started buying in small quantities, I will continue the buying till Friday.. Twisted Evil

Till next week?

Well if it continues to fall next week also, yeah then i will continue buying that's why I buy in smaller quantities... I have some capital ready! Smile

Chinwi

Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Technical Indicators like EMA(60d) and RSI(14d) tell us we are nearing the bottom. For past 1 & 1/2 years we saw market dip to these levels in 3 times and each time it touched 55/60 day expo. moving average or when RSI dip below 40, buying started.

Today I started buying slowly some shares. Even these levels prevails for some more days I feel prices are OK to collect.

million

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

there are many good shares i agree but dont have money to collect all so going with these 3.
BFL
KGAL
CFLB

what are the other shares you guys think which are much attractive at this stage ????

godswen

godswen

Chinwi wrote:Technical Indicators like EMA(60d) and RSI(14d) tell us we are nearing the bottom. For past 1 & 1/2 years we saw market dip to these levels in 3 times and each time it touched 55/60 day expo. moving average or when RSI dip below 40, buying started.

Today I started buying slowly some shares. Even these levels prevails for some more days I feel prices are OK to collect.

Hey chiniwi!
I remember you were discussing this last November also and it worked... Last time there was turn when it hits the 60d EMA and but slowed down again and later picked up... I think it might turn upward within this week for a shorter period,, But it might fall again! The real scenario could be different so we will have to play safe!

And good luck with buying! cheers

UKboy

UKboy
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Yes can agree with godswen. Its time to buy some good shares in small quantities.
I'm trying to explore places where I never been.

Academic

Chinwi wrote:Technical Indicators like EMA(60d) and RSI(14d) tell us we are nearing the bottom. For past 1 & 1/2 years we saw market dip to these levels in 3 times and each time it touched 55/60 day expo. moving average or when RSI dip below 40, buying started.

The technical indicators are meaningful when the market goes on a random work. Current situation is mainly created by credit clearance which is an artificial factor. Thus, it is unlikely that EMA provides an indication of turning point.

For example, if the market crossed EMA(60) and many more debt to be cleared, do you think market would go up because of it crossed EMA(60)?

ss7097

ss7097
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

godswen wrote:
mark wrote:

Till next week?

Well if it continues to fall next week also, yeah then i will continue buying that's why I buy in smaller quantities... I have some capital ready! Smile

godswen,

Give us what shares are worth to invest in these days according to your knowledge.

godswen

godswen

ss7097 wrote:
godswen wrote:
mark wrote:

Till next week?

godswen,

Give us what shares are worth to invest in these days according to your knowledge.

Hey! Most of em seems to be worth at the moment, But carefully pick the ones which can again go back to the levels they were in before this fall... For now I'm buying CFIN, BFL, GRAN,, Let's see how it gona be today!

duke

i tried technical analysis with CSE stocks in the past but they are reliable as much as picking stocks in random

gann

gann

duke wrote:i tried technical analysis with CSE stocks in the past but they are reliable as much as picking stocks in random

Technical analysis is the hardest part to learn. Many new comers think technical analysis is just reading indicators.
Why do u think the foreign buyers exited the market in time? Those guys are pros in technical analysis. They knew the market was in the 5th stage and the next correction is going to be severe.

for an example: if you study the weekly chart of ASI... you would notice the index is dropping like a waterfall. No side ways movement. Which implies less people try to average the losses... which implies diminished buying power. All are waiting to catch the bottom to average with the low levels of CIH

We had a correction with some degree of sideways movement back in October when the investors had some funds in hand.

But the consequence of everyone waiting to jump in, till the very moment they see a move up, would give a sudden boost to the market sunny sunny

Last edited by gann on Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:54 am; edited 4 times in total

Analytic

Analytic
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

I thought I will share my technical analysis on the market with you and appreciate your thoughts on this.

Set Up – The market is approaching Fibonacci retracement level of 61.8%. It is unlikely that market will go further beyond this level however it is a possibility. The level is 6900. All three oscillators are either in oversold region of approaching oversold region. Both Williams %R and  Stochastic Oscillator are into the deep oversold territory. RSI, the most popular one is 35 and approaching oversold territory. There is still chance that this could go down.

Trend – The trend is downward and reversal must be a upward trend.

Confirmation – The upward confirmation is still not there. Hopefully we will see it during this week. Both 7050 and 6900 levels are good support levels and 6900 will be very tough to break and we will need to decide confirmation at 6900. However all indicators are point to somewhat correction in the coming days.

What do you think? What would be the attractive sectors if market is going to move up?

http://www.srilankaequity.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum