FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by D.G.Dayaratne Yesterday at 7:28 am

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Fri May 17, 2024 9:08 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Wed May 15, 2024 1:58 pm

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Recovery is in our hands - Qatar based fund is doing the trick ?

+8
traderathome
RIO
sureshot
Kumar
Nick79
smallville
Redbulls
sanju351
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

sanju351

sanju351
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

There is a ripe speculation of a QATAR BASED FUND had entered the CSE this week through Highly connected family members and circle and they deliberately brought down the market with the support of some guys in big chairs ..

Now that the levels are below Net Asset Value in many counters -they have start collecting ..
They are doing it through local accounts as well ...

this was the speculation at the floor today ..

Does any body know any thing in detail -

No point blaming the rulers of the country - we are the ones who bought them to those chairs

Lets follow the pattern and grab the opportunity . to do that please share information that you have .....
when we all think poitive with even a speculative facts CSE will move up little by little ...so all of us will benefit ...

Just wants to ask one simple question from pandiths who says a lot about fundamentals & micro economic things ..

Why we need to apply these things only to CSE - just think are we paying the correct price for things these days ..we are paying high amount for every thing because of adverts and brand names and so on ...

Locally made shirt is coming back with US or UK brand and we pay a thumping amount to buy them ..isn't it speculation and manipulation ..

May be i am wrong - but manipulation & speculation are two things that is essential for a performing market ..too much of it is not good ..that's what we need to avoid ....

I strongly believe if some stock brokers gets together and pushes prices of 10 -15 selected stocks by collecting them and keeping the prices without allowing them to decline ...that even will trigger a market recovery ....

IF WE CAN COME TOGETHER AND PUT 1,00000 EACH AND IF WE CAN BUILD A RETAIL INVESTORS FUND ..we can be a big player in the market as a unit ...WE ALL WILL BENEFIT ....... cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Redbulls

Redbulls
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

IF WE CAN COME TOGETHER AND PUT 1,00000 EACH AND IF WE CAN BUILD A RETAIL INVESTORS FUND ..we can be a big player in the market as a unit ...WE ALL WILL BENEFIT ..

Good idea but do we need the white van to our door step?

sanju351

sanju351

Redbulls wrote:
IF WE CAN COME TOGETHER AND PUT 1,00000 EACH AND IF WE CAN BUILD A RETAIL INVESTORS FUND ..we can be a big player in the market as a unit ...WE ALL WILL BENEFIT ..

Good idea but do we need the white van to our door step?

But red bull in a way if such things coming up it will be good for the government - also - i heard in europian countires there are a lot of funds like this ..

If we cant spend laks at least if 25 people can get together and put in 50 ,0000 each - how much buying power will we have altogether ?
We can on paper come to agreement that in case of profits to divide 50 % of the profits of the fund among 25 members as per the investment portion and rest 50% we can re invest ..

We need to select a good broking firm and start off ... cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

sanju351 wrote:
There is a ripe speculation of a QATAR BASED FUND had entered the CSE this week through Highly connected family members and circle and they deliberately brought down the market with the support of some guys in big chairs ..

Oh my.. where r u getting these my friend? Every week u have something new to say Wink

sanju351 wrote:
Locally made shirt is coming back with US or UK brand and we pay a thumping amount to buy them ..isn't it speculation and manipulation ..

Nope... that's brand value.. I think unfortunately we have very little control over this..
See if we dont stich the garments for the low labrour prices, India or Bangkok will do Wink Then we're again losing the competitive edge and ppl will be thrown out of the companies due to no work.. Rolling Eyes

sanju351 wrote:
May be i am wrong - but manipulation & speculation are two things that is essential for a performing market ..too much of it is not good ..that's what we need to avoid ....

Ur correct there, every market needs manipulation to up the prices.. otherwise stocks will be lying there for years with movements of 2-3% annually Wink

Last edited by smallville on Thu May 31, 2012 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

sanju351

sanju351

smallville wrote:
sanju351 wrote:

Oh my.. where r u getting these my friend? Every week u have something new to say Wink

sanju351 wrote:

Nope... that's brand value.. I think unfortunately we have very little control over this..
See if we dont stich the garments for the low labrour prices, India or Bangkok will do Wink Then we're again losing the competitive edge and ppl will be thrown out of the companies due to no work.. Rolling Eyes

quote="sanju351"]

Ur correct there, every market needs manipulation to up the prices.. otherwise stocks will be lying there for years with movements of 2-3% annually Wink
[/quote]

Thanks

what do you think about the Fund creation ? Idea

Nick79

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

This guy is a real Bull S___T , always bringing some stupid things to the forum , dont u promote blue ???? Very Happy, its becoming real real bull shit now grab it ..

sanju351

sanju351

Nick79 wrote:This guy is a real Bull S___T , always bringing some stupid things to the forum , dont u promote blue ???? Very Happy, its becoming real real bull shit now grab it ..

if you dont like mind your business ..If i want to promote any thing thats none of your business ..man

sanju351

sanju351

sanju351 wrote:
Nick79 wrote:This guy is a real Bull S___T , always bringing some stupid things to the forum , dont u promote blue ???? Very Happy, its becoming real real bull shit now grab it ..

if you dont like mind your business ..If i want to promote any thing thats none of your business ..man

Try to think proactively and constructively other wise - go get lost u bull ........... bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

Kumar

Kumar
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

sanju351 wrote:
sanju351 wrote:

Try to think proactively and constructively other wise - go get lost u bull ........... bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

Calm down Sanju351.
I'm moving this post to talk section.

Nick79

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

sanju351 wrote:
sanju351 wrote:

You dont bark like a mad dog man if you dont like mind your business ..If i want to promote any thing thats none of your business ..man
Go get lost

he he what a proactive & constructive thinking... hey man Quatar is not a blind and fool to pump money in this collapsing CSE, aren't there any other exchanges in asia to invest? ot its just because of presidents talks with Q ,,,,this is nothing else , brokers need to show their offence against the new regulations of CSE , cant u understand ?? who said quarter pumped cse ?? any reliable source??? dont just jump man... we all know u r geting lost day by day ... Laughing Laughing

sanju351

sanju351

Kumar wrote:
sanju351 wrote:
sanju351 wrote:

Calm down Sanju351.
I'm moving this post to talk section.

ok ok thanks -

sanju351

sanju351

Nick79 wrote:
sanju351 wrote:
sanju351 wrote:

You dont bark like a mad dog man if you dont like mind your business ..If i want to promote any thing thats none of your business ..man
Go get lost

he he what a proactive & constructive thinking... hey man Qatar is not a blind and fool to pump money in this collapsing CSE, aren't there any other exchanges in Asia to invest? ot its just because of presidents talks with Q ,,,,this is nothing else , brokers need to show their offense against the new regulations of CSE , cant u understand ?? who said quarter pumped cse ?? any reliable source??? don't just jump man... we all know u r getting lost day by day ... Laughing Laughing

Pls go through my post properly - i have clearly said that it is speculation - i too looking for confirm information -what people say is that His Excellence president has persuade and some fund managers are willing and coming down to invest in sri lankan stock market ..one of the guy who is with the delegation has reveled this information through some big shot and at the stock market in WTC this was widely talked ...GINNAK NATHUWA DUMAK NAGINEE NANEE ...

sureshot

sureshot
Vice President - Equity Analytics

may be lankans dressed like qatar people.......
Very Happy

RIO

RIO

Free Phoney rides Super Stars...

Season 01 Very Happy
01. Gaddafi
02. Ahmadinejad
03. Hugo Chavez
04. Castro

Season 02 Shocked
01. Hu Jintao
02. Manmohansingh
03. Hilary Clinton
04. YOU MEAN the Sheik of QATAR...here...? Very Happy

traderathome

traderathome

As an Investor/Trader you need to have open mind, and should be prepared for all eventualities.With regard to the FUND, the idea is good but managing will be something to discuss so what we can do for starters would be to share the information and and trade together whether you put 50000 or 100000 each all can copy the trades so sharing of profits will not matter, issue would be the cost of transaction Very Happy i like the idea anyways.

traderathome

traderathome

As an Investor/Trader you need to have open mind, and should be prepared for all eventualities.With regard to the FUND, the idea is good but managing will be something to discuss so what we can do for starters would be to share the information and and trade together whether you put 50000 or 100000 each all can copy the trades so sharing of profits will not matter, issue would be the cost of transaction Very Happy i like the idea anyways. Cool

UKboy

UKboy

sanju351 wrote:

I'm not completely ruled out your point but without facts its so hard to absorb it. I feel our market is too small for them. But if they do so that's mainly to show their gratitude towards Sri Lanka. They voted in favour of Sri Lanka in Geneva (UNHRC). I guess buying sl shares means kill two birds with one stone to them.
But need facts.. Question

Whether they invest here or not Qatar is one of the best countries when it comes strategy investments.

aj

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

I heard a rich and powerful businessman called Borat from Kazakhstan has entered the Colombo stock market. Just a rumor.

19Recovery is in our hands - Qatar based fund is doing the trick ? Empty No. I heard he is from Usbekistan. Thu May 31, 2012 8:06 pm

lakman

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

aj wrote:I heard a rich and powerful businessman called Borat from Kazakhstan has entered the Colombo stock market. Just a rumor.

No. I heard he is from Usbekistan.

manula

Machan.. nothing herad ...Qatar based fund..or big Sheikh investing.. I am working in Qatar...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum