Well said mate.
Just I want to share the Admin info regarding forum rules.
( As usual none of us take care about these things when register to a forum same as our investment/trading plan)
This is a Public Forum. We humbly request you to use this forum responsibly to share facts and clarify your concerns. This Forum should not be used in any way to manipulate the market. Posts which are seemingly misleading or manipulative will be deleted by the administrators. Any post which includes price sensitive information which is not supported with proof will be rejected. Forward looking statements or forecasts which does not provide any supporting material will not be published.
If you are sharing any performance related data of a company please accompany those with supporting material. For example, if you are publishing a comment on the profit of a company the post should be accompanied by a link to the relevant report (i.e. Interim Report or Annual Report of the Company). This measure is purely taken to safeguard your interests as investors.
Further, comments that use foul or abusive language will be edited or deleted. Please refrain from commenting on any public figure as the same will not be published. For example, a comment on the personal life of Bill Clinton will not be published.
To help you understand the scope of this forum and to ensure that your valuable opinions are not rejected, we’ll provide you with some posts which we consider are acceptable.
- Comments on profits of companies accompanied by links to supporting material
- Comments on news related to a company accompanied by links to the source
- Comments on economy related news
- Questions on any corporate action (i.e. Rights Issues, Capitalizations, etc.) of a company;
- Any genuine question related to investing.
If we reject your post due to any reason we will keep you informed so that you can stick to acceptable posts. We appreciate your valuable comments and the only reason we would reject a post is due to the sensitive nature of the market.
Please also note that reader comments posted are the opinion of the comment writer and not the opinion of Sri Lanka Equity Analytics. Help us enhance access to information while protecting an orderly market.
Last edited by Quibit on Mon 10 Oct 2011 - 8:04; edited 3 times in total
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Join date: 2010-05-08
Re: Forum Rules, Policies & Guidelines
by Quibit on Sun 26 Jun 2011 - 13:04
Please read through this entire guide before you start posting. There is important information contained within this guide that everyone should be aware of.
Administration: Be aware that Administrators and Moderators have the ability to delete, edit, merge, move or close any forum message or topic, without advance warning, that its members create. This isn't done out of spite but rather if the admin or moderator feel that the forums are best served by modifying the topic or message. If your topic has been locked, moved, merged or deleted, don't address the issue by posting a message where the entire community can read it. Take it to PM and discuss it in a rational manner.
Cyber-Bully Warning: If you engage in harassment, intimidation or threaten another member of this community through a posted message, a forum topic or a personal message ... be aware that we will ban your forum access for life. We do not condone this kind of behavior and the offending member will be evicted from Sri Lanka Equity Forum.
BANNED Members. This is highlighted for one reason only. If you were banned, you are not allowed to use an anonymous IP address or use a proxy service or proxy website to access Sri Lanka Equity Forum.
1. Please, no swearing on the forums. While this kind of language may be easy to use, we ask that everyone refrain from using it. This includes trying to by pass the forums censored words by adding a * or a # in the text.
2. Do not use any type of abusive or offensive language/behavior.
3. Do not post the same, identical topic in multiple forums.
4. Please, do not "copy and post" the same identical message in multiple topics.
5. Do not post anything that contains, insinuates or leads to defamation, slander, libel, pornographic, violent or otherwise offensive behavior.
6. Absolutely, do not use anything that can be considered hate-based language or behavior. BANNED: Racism, Ethnic Slurs, Racial Slurs/Slang, Religious or Cultural Insults. Be aware that if you engage in this behavior, you will be BANNED FOR LIFE.
7. Do not post any comment, content, links or images that abuse any Admin, Moderator or Registered Member of this website or community. If you do, you will be banned. Respect this community and everything associated with it.
8. Do not post any messages or content that criticizes another website or community. This also means that if you are a registered member here, do not go to other websites or forums and create trouble either. Our members are above such behavior.
9. No multiple accounts. Members are entitled to only one account. If you were banned for any reason, you can appeal to the Admin or Moderators by clicking on the "Contact" link at the bottom of this page.
10. No posting of questions in which would be a violation of state or federal unemployment laws will be tolerated. These topics will be deleted or locked. Members will be warned about this.
11. No solicitation of any type is allowed in this forum. Members can only offer support and guidance to other members. Solicitation of merchandise, money, or other goods and services is strictly prohibited. Members who solicit on this site are subject to immediate banning at the discretion of the Administration team without warning. This includes any type of job or "work at home" offers.
The Warning System
1. It is the discretion of the Admin or Moderator to determine the appropriate restriction for your forum access if you decide to break the rules. If you receive a warning strike, be aware of why you were given the warning strike and may special attention to the Admin or Moderator who gave it to you. It serves as a message that you violated the forum rules.
2. If you received a warning strike, the Admin or Moderator who gave it to you will send you a PM indicating the "rules violation" that you committed. Take that time to re-examine the forum rules so that you don't violate the forum rules.
3. After a period of 30 days, you can appeal your warning strike by sending a PM to the Admin or Moderator who gave you that warning strike. If you have followed the forum rules and respected the community, then your appeal may be granted. Be aware, you need to be respectful when asking for an appeal of your warning strike. This will aid in your appeal.
4. Only the Admin or Moderator who gave you the warning strike may rescind it. If a Moderator issued it, you can appeal to an Admin.
Code of Conduct
While we do recognize the need for everyone to post their personal opinions about any topic they wish wish to discuss, we also recognize that sometimes a heated discussion can often lead into uncharted areas. To this end, this will serve as a guide to your forum experience, apart from the forum rules. We just ask that everyone remain aware of this guide and use it while interacting with the other members.
1. Please, be civil when talking to each other. Remember, it's all about respect. You need to show respect in order to receive it.
2. Personal opinions are just that, personal opinions. If someone posts their opinion and you don't agree with it, even if it's a statement by somebody working in the media or for a media news station, don't banter with them about it on the forums, simply state your own view. We want to encourage more positive behavior and it's not necessary to stoop down to somebody Else's level in order to express your opinion.
3. Do NOT, under any circumstances, trash talk any person, another member or another website or forum. Be aware that you may be banned if you do.
4. Please refrain from posting derogatory remarks about someone else. This is mainly aimed at the news media, its stations, newspapers or affiliates. It's okay to have a dissenting opinion or opposing view to that person, just don't stoop to their level of personal insults or name-calling.
5. Every member is responsible for the conduct committed under their own forum account. If a posted message appears to be posted under your account, and it violates the forum rules, you will be held responsible (or liable) for that conduct.
How to Report Content
If you discover an offensive post or someone has posted content that violates the forum rules or that you object to, please click on the "exclamation point" that is attached to that post. This is the report icon and you can report any posted message. Once you click on the report icon, someone will deal with the content you have reported and act upon it.