FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by Biggy Today at 12:09 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by LAMDA Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:58 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fuel price - where it can reach next?

+6
aj
Whitebull
Slstock
anubis
Hawk Eye
smallville
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fuel price - where it can reach next? Empty Fuel price - where it can reach next? Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:40 pm

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

I think the GOVT will have to increase both patrol and diesel to cover up the loss of losing hedging deal ($200M USD), and not to be outdone by CPC’s loses due to mismanagement.

After the decent drop we saw in crude oil last 2 months which a concession has not been granted to the consumer, CPC might’ve also covered some of their losses. Now with steady increase of crude oil prices in world market and thanks to the rupee devaluation (dollar rate increased around 17-19%) GOVT cannot hold this for a long time IMO...

So they should start this after the provincial council election.

Guys will a price hike on the cards???

Hawk Eye

Hawk Eye
Expert
Expert

Covering the losses will result in another downturn. Our officals inefficiencies is the route courses of all these problems we face today. If we can overcome a 30 year terrorism problem where no other country has done why cant we overcome these simple issues where all other countries can handle

Increasing fuel price trigger higher wage demands, local products becomming uncompetitive in the world market , while imports will look cheaper, widening BOP, then higher interest rates and depreciating rupee..ect ect

anubis

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

@smallville: I think you are correct. However, another increase might be too unbearable for the people. Also, isn't there some sort of an election coming up? in that case, we can safely delay the increase to a couple of months after the election...

@Hawkeye: In my humble opinion, the current government did a fantastic job at defeating the terrorists. While they also seem to have done a good job with improving the country's infrastructure, in general they have failed in handling the economy & education... I think it ultimately boils down to the fact who is good at what... the current government is good at handling the war and also the international pressure. But the economy / development / management of education are better left to people who knows how to run them (you know what I mean). While the global economic conditions have not been in favor of the current government either, stuff like law-less-ness and appointing incompetent people to handle education / economy are clear mistakes of the government. In general there's no point in talking about this stuff, it only sparks unrelated debate and there's nothing we can do about these issues either....

Hey, may be we should start a separate forum for debating about SL politics... (with a separate domain like politics.lk). Debating over political issues is a very very hot topic among Sri Lankans... we could earn a lot of advertising money... Basketball

Cheers!

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

"In my humble opinion, the current government did a fantastic job at defeating the terrorists. While they also seem to have done a good job with improving the country's infrastructure, in general they have failed in handling the economy & education... I think it ultimately boils down to the fact who is good at what... the current government is good at handling the war and also the international pressure. But the economy / development / management of education are better left to people who knows how to run them (you know what I mean). While the global economic conditions have not been in favor of the current government either, stuff like law-less-ness and appointing incompetent people to handle education / economy are clear mistakes of the government. In general there's no point in talking about this stuff, it only sparks unrelated debate and there's nothing we can do about these issues either...."

Fantastic Anubis. We share common idea here.

Whitebull

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

anubis wrote:In my humble opinion, the current government did a fantastic job at defeating the terrorists. While they also seem to have done a good job with improving the country's infrastructure, in general they have failed in handling the economy & education... I think it ultimately boils down to the fact who is good at what... the current government is good at handling the war and also the international pressure. But the economy / development / management of education are better left to people who knows how to run them (you know what I mean). While the global economic conditions have not been in favor of the current government either, stuff like law-less-ness and appointing incompetent people to handle education / economy are clear mistakes of the government. In general there's no point in talking about this stuff, it only sparks unrelated debate and there's nothing we can do about these issues either....

I do agree with you.HE has failed to appoint a proper team for those failed job.The people who surrounds HE now are not real patriotics they are opportunistic patriotics.

aj

"who is good at what"
"failed to appoint a proper team"
"appointing incompetent people to handle education / economy"

If your country needs to be better first thing you have to understand is,
"You country is already is run by the best qualified and educated people you already have. There's nothing better available."

After some years people will get fed up with mahinda and then vote whoever is in the opposition then, sajith, sarath or scarecrow, like chandrika came to power (I cut the political names on request) and people will think that was the problem, this one will fix it. But that's the only difference. The rest the judges, custom officers, economists, stock market analysts, brokers, farmers, doctors, lawyers, engineers are the same educated and qualified people coming from the universities. Even the ministers are the same whether it be green, red, or blue. Who are you gonna replace them with better people? Martians? Americans?

People always think current situation is bad. It was great those days. Or it will be better with those people. They think the issue is proper people are not in the right position. But you have to understand the the best people are on the job already and the that's the best they can do.

Just imagine who do you think will do better job than that one, this one?

Last edited by aj on Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:35 pm; edited 3 times in total

anubis

@aj: While I strongly disagree with your views, I appreciate your contribution. Sorry I can't debate with you on this matter as I have already expressed my views elsewhere.

Somehow we may have offended illuminati and he seems to have "given up" on the forum. I'm not saying he was correct or wrong. But in any case, I expect you won't quit on the forum simply because people disagree with your views... Smile

A healthy dose of antagonistic views are a must IMHO.

Cheers!

Deva

Could I make a humble request?

Please avoid bringing politics into this forum. I guess we lost another important member of this forum, about 3 months ago, due to this hot topic "Politics".

Cheers.

aj

[quote="Deva"]I guess we lost another important member of this forum, about 3 months ago./quote]

Hi Deva,
Who was the member?
Thanks.

10Fuel price - where it can reach next? Empty Re: Fuel price - where it can reach next? Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:52 pm

Deva

aj wrote:
Deva wrote:I guess we lost another important member of this forum, about 3 months ago
Cheers.

Hi Deva,
Who was the member?
Thanks.

As he/she is not an active member, I will avoid naming him/her.
I will message you.

11Fuel price - where it can reach next? Empty Re: Fuel price - where it can reach next? Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:21 pm

Arena

Dear aj ,

Can you please tell this forum how far u hv contributed to sri lanka up to now Ur profession or wt ever. I feel u hv done a tremendous job to sri lanka and frustrated with others.

Plz reply.

12Fuel price - where it can reach next? Empty Re: Fuel price - where it can reach next? Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:50 pm

UKboy

UKboy
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Since independence all sl governments had/have been lacking proactive senior ministers. It does not matter who is in power (UNP/PA). We always had/have a good bunch of inactive cabinet ministers. Sad

Any ruler cannot check every single action in all ministries.

When selecting the cabinet ministry posts, all the past/present governments mainly consider the seniority of their parliament ministers and did not care to notice how efficient them in their early ministries.

CPC saga is a clear evidence to prove my point. We are having so many laid back & “pathola” senior ministers in current cabinet. They will always have reasons for anything.

Sadly that trend will continue in years to come. As I said it does not matter party.

This time. I hope fuel prices will not be increased for a while ( at least another 6 months?)

13Fuel price - where it can reach next? Empty Re: Fuel price - where it can reach next? Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:52 pm

Slstock

Slstock

Deva wrote:
aj wrote:
Deva wrote:I guess we lost another important member of this forum, about 3 months ago
Cheers.

Hi Deva,
Who was the member?
Thanks.

I will message you.

Are you sure he/she is not in the forum now Deva ;-) ? I might be mistaken. If so let me know whom you have in mind via a PM.

14Fuel price - where it can reach next? Empty Re: Fuel price - where it can reach next? Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:03 pm

smallville

smallville

slstock wrote:
Deva wrote:
aj wrote:
Cheers.

Hi Deva,
Who was the member?
Thanks.

I will message you.

Are you sure he/she is not in the forum now Deva ;-) ? I might be mistaken. If so let me know whom you have in mind via a PM.

Well the fact is some long lost members have come back with new names and still trying the old things Wink

15Fuel price - where it can reach next? Empty Re: Fuel price - where it can reach next? Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:17 pm

Redbulls

Redbulls

smallville wrote:
slstock wrote:
Deva wrote:
aj wrote:
Cheers.

Hi Deva,
Who was the member?
Thanks.

I will message you.

Well the fact is some long lost members have come back with new names and still trying the old things Wink

Spot it. Well done.

16Fuel price - where it can reach next? Empty Re: Fuel price - where it can reach next? Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:06 pm

Whitebull

smallville wrote:
slstock wrote:
Deva wrote:
aj wrote:
Cheers.

Hi Deva,
Who was the member?
Thanks.

I will message you.

Yes of course and as an addition to ur statement I like to say this "some people still can not improve some skills such as adminstrative,moderation,capability to advice...." Laughing Laughing Laughing

17Fuel price - where it can reach next? Empty Re: Fuel price - where it can reach next? Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:33 am

smallville

smallville

Whitebull wrote:
smallville wrote:

Yes of course and as an addition to ur statement I like to say this "some people still can not improve some skills such as adminstrative,moderation,capability to advice...." Laughing Laughing Laughing

I believe "In order to be a good member of the society, the individual must respect and obey the rules of their community and also share their values."
But an investment forum's responsibility and existence is not for the above purpose..

In general.. If a person is referred to the admins by multiple member as a "pain" then we gotta find it out..
my perception could be wrong, SLS's perception could be wrong, but if a crowd says "SoandSo" is a naggin character, there should be something... Twisted Evil

My opinion on Advice;
Advise should only be given to the people who could listen and understand it.. I mean, who got some morals to care for others' views as well rather than pin pointing his/her view is the best..

Some pll keep nagging abt "this should be like this, that should like that, No I must answer them like this, why u want me to say this n that?? and so forth.." That attitude is good for Governmental institutes which are headed by autocratic leaders or for selfish businessmen..

Personally, I've advised ppl who are not worthy of such and had paid the price too.. So I learnt from my mistakes..

We're happy when some ppl leave us as they leave us for good.. Wink

Alas.. They come back..

I still wonder; why these guys leave the forum and still cannot resist answering some posts and making them controversial posts thereafter..

Just a general view and no offense to anyone..

18Fuel price - where it can reach next? Empty Re: Fuel price - where it can reach next? Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:01 pm

Whitebull

smallville wrote:
Whitebull wrote:
smallville wrote:

I believe "In order to be a good member of the society, the individual must respect and obey the rules of their community and also share their values."
But an investment forum's responsibility and existence is not for the above purpose..

In general.. If a person is referred to the admins by multiple member as a "pain" then we gotta find it out..
my perception could be wrong, SLS's perception could be wrong, but if a crowd says "SoandSo" is a naggin character, there should be something... Twisted Evil

My opinion on Advice;
Advise should only be given to the people who could listen and understand it.. I mean, who got some morals to care for others' views as well rather than pin pointing his/her view is the best..

Some pll keep nagging abt "this should be like this, that should like that, No I must answer them like this, why u want me to say this n that?? and so forth.." That attitude is good for Governmental institutes which are headed by autocratic leaders or for selfish businessmen..

Personally, I've advised ppl who are not worthy of such and had paid the price too.. So I learnt from my mistakes..

We're happy when some ppl leave us as they leave us for good.. Wink

Alas.. They come back..

I still wonder; why these guys leave the forum and still cannot resist answering some posts and making them controversial posts thereafter..

Just a general view and no offense to anyone..

IMO before giving advice to others to be so and so that advicer should follow those advices.Otherwise it is called VADI BANA isn't it ? In addition to that when that advicer is at a higher rank like an adminstrator or a moderator then it is the worst case scenario and it will difinitely reduce the repuation of that blog or website.

I do not target anyone and this is my general view for sake of all of us.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum