FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Yesterday at 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

DilithJ Vs Dr. Nalaka - "Shameless Role of DailyFT" ... Share your own thoughts

+24
Jeremy
wiki
Whitebull
prabath
RIO
Dileepa
D.G.Dayaratne
Sylvester1234
Monster
anubis
dharshanmodi
aj
Chinwi
Think Wise
sanju351
econ
smallville
Sidath
hettihewa
Slstock
wiser
traderathome
hawklk
MoneyLover
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

anubis

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

@dharshanmodi: I'd say that's a wrong conclusion. This forum has members all over the world (presumably most Sri Lankans living abroad who has invested money in CSE). So it's very much possible you get comments during night times.

IMHO it's important to be aware of this sort of personal connections (like DJ and Godahewa) from an investors perspective. However, there's not much point in harassing each other over such things, this sort of stuff are common in countries like ours. Just suck it up and learn to live with it... (it would be true for any political party in power)

Cheers!

Monster

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

dharshanmodi wrote:Isn't it very surprising that this writeup uploaded at 11.06 pm yesterday by Money lover had nearly 10 suppoting comments by 6 am in the following day morning. Isn't it possible that it is the same person or people writing these comments together Very Happy .

Ha ha ha ......it is obvious mate. Stop trying to fool the public.

You created this page for a purpose. Now you are watching this page and continously writing negative comments. None of these are innocent public openions

Readers please be watchful of these organized campaigners who pretend to be the protectors of the nation. They all have hidden agendas.
You have opened your account today and this is your first post. Did you open this account to just write this message?

aj

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

One more thing...
About this tourism thing. Even if you appoint a mule to look over the tourism after the war, the tourism will develop. Because it's nothing to do with the man, dog or cat in the position, it's because the country was virtually closed for the tourists, so foreigners came in heaps after the war for the new found opportunity. If somebody can say the tourism was developed in 2008 by so and so, THEN that's something.

Sylvester1234

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Sidath wrote:Just because Nalaka resigns from Dilith's company's doesn't make him "not" connected anymore.

As far as i can see there is a serious conflict of interest for Nalaka. Remember he was one of those who attended the meeting with HE. And he was not on the SEC side

Some one who went for the meeting told us that Dr Godahewa walked in quite late for HE's meeting. He has told the people during lunch that he got an official call asking him to come fast for a meeting and he had to rush from his office.

So he couldn't have been on anybody's side on that day becuase he would have been only a spectator.

But one thing is clear. Some one even at that time had seen him as a potential candidate to rescue the sinking ship. Probably they wanted him to see what was going on.

After that famous meeting market continued to go down . Dr PB who was assigned the rescue job also couldn't do much. Even after 3 meetings with stakeholders market confidence did not return. It had bounced back strongly only after the rumors that Dr NG might take over as Chairman.

I am not a promoter of Dr NG. But I am more pragmatic than some of you in this forum. What are your choices for a suitable person who can help market recovery. A clean guy who is willing to undertake this non paying job and listen to music of media and all other stakeholders. Why don't you name them so that we all can canvass and see ?

If you don't have options shall we stop bitching about everything and hope for the best ?

traderathome

aj wrote:One more thing...
About this tourism thing. Even if you appoint a mule to look over the tourism after the war, the tourism will develop. Because it's nothing to do with the man, dog or cat in the position, it's because the country was virtually closed for the tourists, so foreigners came in heaps after the war for the new found opportunity. If somebody can say the tourism was developed in 2008 by so and so, THEN that's something.

masuran watina katawak aj goyya kiwwe......... Very Happy

There is always a catchy line or 2 in your comments...i like it .. Basketball

TAH

hettihewa

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

traderathome wrote:
aj wrote:One more thing...

masuran watina katawak aj goyya kiwwe......... Very Happy

There is always a catchy line or 2 in your comments...i like it .. Basketball

TAH

This cheap statement clearly shows the hatred and jealousy in your heart. Why don't you tell us something that you also achieved in career before insulting others. What a dirty language ? Do you eat dog or cat food ?

traderathome

traderathome

The forum has been very active lately...thanks for the news makers.....

A little bit of sarcasm is not going to harm, so you enjoy the life with what you have achieved.....what srilanka lacking are of individuals who are willing to uphold principles against all odds.

Welcome Hetti.....to the forum

May the stay in the forum will be a long and interesting one where all of us will learn and share our experiences.

Good Luck
TAH Very Happy

anubis

@traderathome: I don't think hettihewa will survive that long, given his high moral standards... Very Happy

(just having some fun)

Cheers!

D.G.Dayaratne

We have seen what happen when SEC was under more ethical and person with high integrity

IF DR K was appointed before Mrs S he would have done some thing

Any way no purpose of talking past if the govt do not learn from past

Dileepa

Humm..
Finally it is becoming clear why DJ wanted T.K out so badly.

RIO

RIO

29 Comments
780 views as @ 28/8/2012 - 6pm

& interestingly.... Very Happy

hettihewa
Stock Trader

Posts 4
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sylvester1234
Stock Trader

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Think Wise
Stock Trader

dharshanmodi
Stock Trader

Something to think twice........ Very Happy

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

dharshanmodi wrote:Isn't it very surprising that this writeup uploaded at 11.06 pm yesterday by Money lover had nearly 10 suppoting comments by 6 am in the following day morning. Isn't it possible that it is the same person or people writing these comments together Very Happy .

You created this page for a purpose. Now you are watching this page and continously writing negative comments. None of these are innocent public openions

Readers please be watchful of these organized campaigners who pretend to be the protectors of the nation. They all have hidden agendas.

Well the forum users are not fool either.. This is a representation of users from overseas as well so its not rocket science for anyone to understand that replies would come around the clock Wink

However, its not obvious that 3 accounts (hettihewa, Think Wise, dharshanmodi) have been created after this post to praise Mr. Godahewa's actions know? lol!

Sylvester1234 wrote:

After that famous meeting market continued to go down . Dr PB who was assigned the rescue job also couldn't do much. Even after 3 meetings with stakeholders market confidence did not return. It had bounced back strongly only after the rumors that Dr NG might take over as Chairman.

Frankly the market has gone up for some speculative news and the news of NG's appointment is one of them..

And we're not critic abt the man but his interests.. These have been clearely stated; CLND, Divasa were his pets and even if he resigns from all the positions held, the primary factor of he being on DJ's gang cannot be forgotten right? A favouritism is immenent..

Just put aside the patriotism and liking for one man and think for yourself whether you can really hope for a market that is not run by "some" ppl (or may be a gang)..

Last edited by smallville on Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

prabath

Almost all the shares are going up.Now it's a matter of finding what will give the highest return.Concentrate on market and to some study without fighting here. Very Happy

anubis

Has the opposition made a statement about this possibly controversial appointment? Why do they only keep chasing EPF / ETF investments and make little or no comment about this sort of things? Is it because with the EPF / ETF they can get the opinion of a larger number of voters?

I'm getting the feeling that both parties are just interested in gaining political / financial mileage and nobody really cares about doing something for the country. Just my humble opinion.

Again I'm talking politics... Mad

Cheers!

Whitebull

Stepping down from Divasa Finance does not give him any good reputation.....IMO he is just preparing for his new post and it does not keep a fullstop to his realationship with DJ.(I do not know the depth of their friendship).If it is a close relationship there will/may be favourism.But this relationship itself binds his hands towards favourism.All not only investers but media people also are thoroughly watching at him and are waiting for hot news.(Of course there are ways to calm down media but in this scenario I do not think it might be very easy)

So Mr.NG should be careful if he has any intention to give unethical favourism towards his friends.

Regarding market,I think this a manipulated upward movement by those so called HNWI to furthur prove their argument on Mr.TK and to support their nominee.Still it is very difficult to whether this upward movement would cotinue or not.So we have to be very vigilant at the moment not to get burned our hands again as well as not to be regretful for early selling.

Regarding political discussion, it is really unwise to seperate politics,economics and culture as in reality all these things are inter-related.Yes it is easy to learn these things seperately but ultimately we should see the inter connection.So discussing political things to a certain extend is acceptable and need to be continued.

Well I have just received a derana message saying Dr.Nalaka Godahewa's new appointement as the Chairmen of the SEC.I wish him all the best.

wiki

anubis wrote:Has the opposition made a statement about this possibly controversial appointment? Why do they only keep chasing EPF / ETF investments and make little or no comment about this sort of things? Is it because with the EPF / ETF they can get the opinion of a larger number of voters?

I'm getting the feeling that both parties are just interested in gaining political / financial mileage and nobody really cares about doing something for the country. Just my humble opinion.

Again I'm talking politics... Mad

Cheers!

මල්ලි හරි මල්ලි..they all have their own agenda ...අපිව බලාගන්න කව්රුත් නැ

Jeremy

Jeremy

RIO wrote:

29 Comments

hettihewa
Stock Trader

Posts 4

Sylvester1234
Stock Trader

Think Wise
Stock Trader

dharshanmodi
Stock Trader

This forum is not only for existing members but also for new members who wants to register themselves to post their own opinion. I do not see a problem of new members registering to make their opinion provided that they are not multiple accounts. Please do not accuse anyone of wrongdoing without any proof. We need to respect different opinions.

43DilithJ Vs Dr. Nalaka - "Shameless Role of DailyFT" ...  Share your own thoughts - Page 2 Empty WE REPORT – YOU DECIDE Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:03 pm

MoneyLover

MoneyLover
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

WE REPORT – YOU DECIDE
dharshanmodi wrote:
Isn't it very surprising that this writeup uploaded at 11.06 pm yesterday by Moneylover had nearly 10 suppoting comments by 6 am in the following day morning. Isn't it possible that it is the same person or people writing these comments together Very Happy .

MoneyLover wrote:
I respect journalists and always respect their right of holding different views. I never prescribe the way journalists and newspapers should write either for or against a particular incident. But I don’t think any one of you will accept if a newspaper intentionally trying to hide something from their valuable readers!

But when I read today’s (27th Aug) DailyFT article “Nalaka steps down as Divasa Finance Chairman” (http://www.ft.lk/2012/08/27/nalaka-steps-down-as-divasa-finance-chairman/ ) I surprised to noticed that how a national level newspaper like “DailyFT” can intentionally hide a known fact from their valued readers.

Accordingly the DailyFT by its Article “Nalaka steps down as Divasa Finance Chairman” has made its fullest effort to hide the connection between controversial investor Mr. Dilith Jayaweera and top professional Dr. Nalaka Godahewa. But the article itself left number of questions in front of the intelligent reader.

MoneyLover wrote:
Disclosure- I have a grate respect to Dr. Nalaka for his role played in SLIC, SLTDA and may other positions. Also I strongly believe that he is not suitable for the post "Chairman SEC" or any other regulatory body particular due to visible conflict of interest with ongoing investigation against Dilith Jayaweera and his investments in speculative counters. Also "SEC Chairman" position is for more ethical and for a person with high level of integrity.

Related Stories:
http://www.sundaytimes.lk/120826/business-times/question-mark-over-sltda-chiefs-current-status-9578.html
http://www.ft.lk/2012/08/27/nalaka-steps-down-as-divasa-finance-chairman/
http://www.sundaytimes.lk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=23539:dilith-illang-kewaa-&catid=79:analysis&Itemid=565
http://www.island.lk/index.php?page_cat=article-details&page=article-details&code_title=59795
http://www.dailymirror.lk/news/21321-dilith-says-im-innocent.html
http://www.srilankabrief.org/2012/08/dilith-illang-kewaa-Deleted-calls-sec_26.html

RIO wrote:
29 Comments
hettihewa
Stock Trader
Posts 4
Sylvester1234
Stock Trader
Think Wise
Stock Trader
dharshanmodi
Stock Trader

Monster wrote:
You have opened your account today and this is your first post. Did you open this account to just write this message?

smallville wrote:
Well the forum users are not fool either.. This is a representation of users from overseas as well so its not rocket science for anyone to understand that replies would come around the clock Wink

However, its not obvious that 3 accounts (hettihewa, Think Wise, dharshanmodi) have been created after this post to praise Mr. Godahewa's actions know?
lol!

aj wrote:
Think Wise wrote:I dont see anything wrong with Dr. Godahewa resigning from this post. We must salute him for being that much straightforward and being not greedy towards positions.
It is very difficult to find people in Sri Lanka who are willing to resign from posts for whatever reason.

Spoken like a true Sri Lankan.
You can't be a big bar owner and a controller of the bars at the same time, at least visible to the public. So she has to show that she's not running bars to get the bar controller position. If you see that as something to salute about then you're truely a Sri Lankan.

I don't know what's happening. But HNW crooks and crony brokers will try their best to appoint one of their male prostitutes for the position. They couldn't do that after throwing out the SEC chief last time because president appointed Thilak that time.

smallville wrote:
And we're not critic abt the man but his interests.. These have been clearely stated; CLND, Divasa were his pets and even if he resigns from all the positions held, the primary factor of he being on DJ's gang cannot be forgotten right? A favouritism is immenent..

Just put aside the patriotism and liking for one man and think for yourself whether you can really hope for a market that is not run by "some" ppl (or may be a gang)..

WE REPORT – YOU DECIDE

However now we know that Dr. Nalaka Godahewa has been appointed as the Chairman of SEC!!
Therefore, no point of talking about the past, but now will have a close eye … and see what will happen. Dr. Godahewa has a great opportunity to show his integrity and answer those who question about the conflict of interests!

Actions Speak Louder than Words!!!

D.G.Dayaratne

I think opposition is correct

Protection of public funds is more important than appointments

I think this is the only positive step opposition has taken during
last period
Now you can see reasonable control over USE OF PUBLIC FUNDS TO MANIPULATE STOCK MARKET
We should thank DR Harsha Silva

Rajitha

Rajitha

If there is a forum rule saying people who just joined can't post for week or two and can't make new treads, like other professional forums won't be filled with trolls. Maybe at least some people with foresight and analysis will come and post than the promoters and new brand of government and HNWI henchman.

sapumal

Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Then why Godahewa bought CLND over 60 per share ?
How he got into CLND chairman ?

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Rajitha wrote:If there is a forum rule saying people who just joined can't post for week or two and can't make new treads, like other professional forums won't be filled with trolls. Maybe at least some people with foresight and analysis will come and post than the promoters and new brand of government and HNWI henchman.

welcome back Rajitha

anubis

http://www.ft.lk/2012/08/30/harsha-issues-statement-on-new-sec-appointments/

HAR HAR... Very Happy

He probably saw my complaint above!

Cheers!

Monster

Monster

Rajitha wrote:If there is a forum rule saying people who just joined can't post for week or two and can't make new treads, like other professional forums won't be filled with trolls. Maybe at least some people with foresight and analysis will come and post than the promoters and new brand of government and HNWI henchman.
This is a good idea. Admin, it's over to you.

Whitebull

Monster wrote:

There is another side on this suggestion....if there is a one or two week rule good posts can also be delayed.

smallville

smallville

Monster wrote:

There are some technical limitations that we need to sort out first. Something similar to above option had been suggested abt 3 weeks back and passed to our IT team but still under review Wink

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

ගෙදර ගියොත් අඹුව නසී - මග සිටියොත් තෝ නසී හා හා හා!!! jocolor

මේක තමයි ගොඩ හේවාට වෙන්නෙ

Mark my words friends. Basketball

fingihan

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

dailly mirror two business paper. Daily FT and business.

Dilith Jayaweera has connection with daily FT editor. so he publish article favorite to dilith.

D.G.Dayaratne

I have read a article in Daily FT about the month September giving some past statistics
THE PURPOSE OF L AMP POST ON A STREET IS ILLUMINATION BUT PEOPLE WHO DRINK TOO MUCH OF LIQUEUR USE IT FOR SLEEPING DAILY FT also use statistics in the same way

Daily FT try show upward trend started after appointment of Dr godahewa is normal. Why daily FT can't say to their readers real reason for the

upward trend at present.and down ward trend during the time of Mrs S and Dr k

It appears that Mr FINGIHAN statement is correct

T

D.G.Dayaratne

I have read a article in Daily FT about the month September giving some past statistics
THE PURPOSE OF L AMP POST ON A STREET IS ILLUMINATION BUT PEOPLE WHO DRINK TOO MUCH OF LIQUEUR USE IT FOR SLEEPING DAILY FT also use statistics in the same way

Daily FT try show upward trend started after appointment of Dr godahewa is normal. Why daily FT can't say to their readers real reason for the

upward trend at present.and down ward trend during the time of Mrs S and Dr k

It appears that Mr FINGIHAN statement is correct

T

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum