FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» LankaGPT Platform Launched in Sri Lanka
by God Father Wed May 29, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka’s Popularity Is Surging With Travelers. Here’s Where To Go
by ResearchMan Wed May 29, 2024 1:10 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 29, 2024 1:06 pm

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed May 29, 2024 10:17 am

» CDB Non voting
by buddikasmart Wed May 29, 2024 8:03 am

» Will share market be taxed after new Gazette./manik de silva
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 27, 2024 2:14 pm

» Focus on Government controlled entities
by Ekanayake90 Mon May 27, 2024 7:31 am

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by Ekanayake90 Mon May 27, 2024 7:29 am

» Seylan Bank did not pay final coupon of expired debentures
by Gaudente Wed May 22, 2024 2:32 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by agentnrox Wed May 22, 2024 1:50 pm

» HSENID BUSINESS SOLUTIONS PLC (HBS.N0000)
by K.R Wed May 22, 2024 7:46 am

» Richard Pieris Exports PLC (REXP.N0000) future looks bleak!
by God Father Mon May 20, 2024 10:08 pm

» Sri Lanka key Economic Indicators and Future Outlook for 2024
by God Father Mon May 20, 2024 6:06 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by glad Mon May 20, 2024 9:27 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

ASPH possible announcement

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1ASPH possible announcement Empty ASPH possible announcement Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 pm

Gainer

Gainer
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

ASPH tomorrow possible to announce Rs 1.50 dividend , 28th of this month held AGM meeting highly expecting good news for ASPH share holders may be share split.

2ASPH possible announcement Empty Re: ASPH possible announcement Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:55 pm

smallville

smallville

Gainer, if you dont stop this nuisance share split theory I'll have to ban you from the forum..
Companies may announce dividends but you've been splitting shares since last year.. Up to now how many of those split?

When the share is split, the value goes down since many can reach.. A disastrous split such as SFS, RICH put the share price in jeopardy since it could take a long time to move up..

3ASPH possible announcement Empty Re: ASPH possible announcement Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:28 am

Gainer

Gainer

smallville, you don't compare with RICH and SFS before split it was liquidity stocks when split the liquidity stocks not possible to go up.
when split the illiquid stocks only possible to go up.
example :EMER last year it was split the shares before split traded at 800.00 levels after split it was went up 3800.00 i sold at 3600.00
please try to think technicaly you are not 100% correct man how can you ban me if you want to ban no problem for me you don't give me threat.
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t3605-emer-possible-sub-division-of-shares?highlight=emer

Last edited by Gainer on Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

4ASPH possible announcement Empty Re: ASPH possible announcement Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:05 am

bullrun

bullrun
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Gainer wrote:smallville, you don't compare with RICH and SFS before split it was liquidity stocks when split the liquidity stocks not possible to go up.
example :EMER last year it was split the shares before split traded at 800.00 levels after split it was went up 3800.00 i sold at 3600.00
please try to think technicaly your are not 100% correct man how can you ban for me if you want to ban no problem for me you don't give me threat.http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t3605-emer-possible-sub-division-of-shares?highlight=emer

The highlighted words seems like not appropreate. Better ease your feeling before pen the words please.

5ASPH possible announcement Empty Re: ASPH possible announcement Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:43 am

Fresher

Use proper punctuations please.

Gainer, what some of us are trying to say is this. This mentality of price shoots up after a split announcement should not be the same now.

Last year if an illiquid was trading at 2000/-, unless one wants to pay a premium in the odd lot, he/she needed 200,000/- to buy 100 shares from the normal lot, which was out of hands of many.

Now you can easily buy 10 shares or even 1 share for as low as 2,000/- just the same as buying 100 shares of something worth 20/-
So there is no advantage really because of these illiquids trading at a high price, if that is your argument.

I'm editing the title since it gives a wrong interpretation

6ASPH possible announcement Empty Re: ASPH possible announcement Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:03 am

aj

npp wrote:
Last year if an illiquid was trading at 2000/-, unless one wants to pay a premium in the odd lot, he/she needed 200,000/- to buy 100 shares from the normal lot, which was out of hands of many.

Now you can easily buy 10 shares or even 1 share for as low as 2,000/- just the same as buying 100 shares of something worth 20/-
So there is no advantage really because of these illiquids trading at a high price, if that is your argument.

Very true. Splitting shares is nonsense. Because there is no 100 lot thing now buying few shares doesn't cost you even thousands.
Splitting shares was a common thing in those days. The reason was the investors thought splitting 100/- share into 10 shares gave them 10 shares of 100/- each instead of true value of 10 shares of 10/- value.

7ASPH possible announcement Empty Re: ASPH possible announcement Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:11 am

smallville

smallville

Gainer wrote:smallville, you don't compare with RICH and SFS before split it was liquidity stocks when split the liquidity stocks not possible to go up.
please try to think technicaly your are not 100% correct man how can you ban for me if you want to ban no problem for me you don't give me threat.
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t3605-emer-possible-sub-division-of-shares?highlight=emer

SFS was not liquid, lot of shares were with Edirisinhe family who did not sell low..
It had the pattern of swinging from 80 to 100 then later fell to 60.
Even now Public holdings as at 31 st March 2012 is 50 Mil shares (10%) Still 88% hold by Edirisinghe family.
But they made it a liquid share (500 Mil shares) and made it immoovable.
BTW... Mr. N. H. Godahewa holds 1,563,200 shares Rolling Eyes

Then shall we talk about SPEN with its 1 to 15 sub div in 2010? Yes it went pass 2500 before split
But the share is still struggling to pass 120 now..

EMER with its disterous 1:70 Sub div? Previous Rs.3.00 dividend fall to Rs.0.08. As you said it had a good run but how can someone keep a share in his portfolio for sometime expecting a sub division?
Its like a FD with variable interest rate, u never know when can it go up or down..
What if instead of a sub dividion, a rights issue is announced?

A share should be collected after a sub division with lot of analysis. Especially timing need to be correct..
i.e. if u collect EMER when it was 7 rupees.. now a good gain, instead if u've collected it after sub division in 35s,ur a big looser now..

KZOO has come to 5000 from 1000s wqith 531 shares traded Twisted Evil

Technically I'm not 100% correct but what u do is not technical trading.. its dream trading.. U dream a company would split and stop at nothing to tell us that its gonna happen.. So if all the companies u said had split we would be lucky.. But if we listened to you we would've been in deep S%I& now.. This is why I had to warn you.. Nothing personal.. U may be an experienced guy in CSE but its childish to say every illiquid share would split..

[Quote = "Gainer"]ASPH something will happen very soon, highly expecting next week good announcement may be sub division of sharers (split) ,now trading very low price mojar opportunity for buy.
[/Quote]

Lately u've been talking abt ASPH as well.. The following posts may show ur desperation towards this..

ASPH possible announcement Gainer10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum