FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Today at 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Yesterday at 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Yesterday at 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Yesterday at 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Yesterday at 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Note to Memebers

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Note to Memebers Empty Note to Memebers Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:55 am

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

With the market recently rebounding as we expected more and more people started joining or old members returning to the forum.

The below material is obvious but as people grow the confrontations and accusations in this forum will increase due to diversity, reading issues, blindly following others, arrogance , attitude, frustration etc.

Please note, we all have diverse goals ( long term, short term) , objectives, investment strategies and opinions. One's strategy might not suit others. Even if it did they are different people with different skills or experience.

One's medicine might be another poison.

It might not work for you as you will act differently in a crisis. So please do NOT blindly follow others (myself included). Learn to do you study and make your own decisions. It is your money.

Some of us spend lot of time analyzing shares and post finding for the education of the forum. If one does post a good analysis thank them and it does also mean you need not jump in and buy. As much as it can go positive there is the risk it can go negative in short term. Please don;t follow and cry a river and make all kind of accusations if it goes wrong. No one here should force others to buy/sell/hold and no one should follow others before their own thinking.

If people start becoming abusive and critical and blame others the few people who are generous to share their research might not post anymore. Recently I have thought to myself it is better not to post share analysis to the forum due to some circumstances that arose.

Some people will post share names and price targets without any explanation. These often fall under promotions. Always give reasons.

Learn to respect others opinion if they are diverse. We all learn from each other. But we should respect the people who deserve to be respected also. We have all kind of people from very educated, very experienced , professional , young students in 20s, to sometimes complete beginners at CSE.

If it okay to contradict if you opinion if different but do it in a decent way. Else if you make false accusations without solid proof based on your ideology/mindset other person will also naturally back fire.

Please don;t go out of your way to thread crap others to show
you know more. If some material is wrong, point out why in a decent way. If one want to contribute please start topic and state your opinion with
reasons.

I have always being open to educated discussion minus unnecessary finger pointing and show of superiority. I think of others the same way and try to give same courtesy if as long as they also are reasonable. Everybody please do the same to make the forum a more friendly place. I don;t mind been proven wrong as I know I am human and can make mistakes ( which I have) . There are members here who are older than myself and have more experience. Sometimes age does have to do anything with knowlegge but ATTITUDE does.

These are my thoughts and requests from everybody to make the forum better as we grow in numbers.

ps : I also noticed that if one's analysis posted or opinion comes true and you
benefited from it, people rarely say thank you. But they will be very quick to
point fingers an stomp on others. Sadly this is not a good human quality. But it is human
nature. Please try to act the better human.

2Note to Memebers Empty Re: Note to Memebers Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:09 am

fairbullrun

fairbullrun
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

slstock wrote:With the market recently rebounding as we expected more and more people started joining or old members returning to the forum.

The below material is obvious but as people grow the confrontations and accusations in this forum will increase due to diversity, reading issues, blindly following others, arrogance , attitude, frustration etc.

Please note, we all have diverse goals ( long term, short term) , objectives, investment strategies and opinions. One's strategy might not suit others. Even if it did they are different people with different skills or experience.

One's medicine might be another poison.

It might not work for you as you will act differently in a crisis. So please do NOT blindly follow others (myself included). Learn to do you study and make your own decisions. It is your money.

Some of us spend lot of time analyzing shares and post finding for the education of the forum. If one does post a good analysis thank them and it does also mean you need not jump in and buy. As much as it can go positive there is the risk it can go negative in short term. Please don;t follow and cry a river and make all kind of accusations if it goes wrong. No one here should force others to buy/sell/hold and no one should follow others before their own thinking.

If people start becoming abusive and critical and blame others the few people who are generous to share their research might not post anymore. Recently I have thought to myself it is better not to post share analysis to the forum due to some circumstances that arose.

Some people will post share names and price targets without any explanation. These often fall under promotions. Always give reasons.

Learn to respect others opinion if they are diverse. We all learn from each other. But we should respect the people who deserve to be respected also. We have all kind of people from very educated, very experienced , professional , young students in 20s, to sometimes complete beginners at CSE.

If it okay to contradict if you opinion if different but do it in a decent way. Else if you make false accusations without solid proof based on your ideology/mindset other person will also naturally back fire.

Please don;t go out of your way to thread crap others to show
you know more. If some material is wrong, point out why in a decent way. If one want to contribute please start topic and state your opinion with
reasons.

I have always being open to educated discussion minus unnecessary finger pointing and show of superiority. I think of others the same way and try to give same courtesy if as long as they also are reasonable. Everybody please do the same to make the forum a more friendly place. I don;t mind been proven wrong as I know I am human and can make mistakes ( which I have) . There are members here who are older than myself and have more experience. Sometimes age does have to do anything with knowlegge but ATTITUDE does.

These are my thoughts and requests from everybody to make the forum better as we grow in numbers.

ps : I also noticed that if one's analysis posted or opinion comes true and you
benefited from it, people rarely say thank you. But they will be very quick to
point fingers an stomp on others. Sadly this is not a good human quality. But it is human
nature. Please try to act the better human.

This is very good note slstock because all our intention is success but we have to ensure we are together face the game and minimize lose and improve the benefits for that members solidarity important which should strengthen with your whole ideas and positive points. I see this real democratic equity forum where having space to all the expressions but need to sustain the winning approach of each in the market.
Tks
good luck
FBR Smile Smile

3Note to Memebers Empty Re: Note to Memebers Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:14 am

Slstock

Slstock

By the way we have crossed 8000 registrations if sentiments grow, we expect more members and old member returning.
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t22480-sri-lanka-equity-forum-reaches-8000-memberships

So please try to make this a place for mutual learning and less headaches for the Mods. And follow forum guidelines.

4Note to Memebers Empty Re: Note to Memebers Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:35 am

worthiness

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

slstock-

We all are happy this forum is filled with over 8000 members where we can expect meaningful & knowledgeable articles rather slinging mud to each other.
Hyper sensitivity in browsing forum articles rather careful reading create unwanted critics.
Please excuse me if I hurt anyone unintentionally.
Have a good trading day.

5Note to Memebers Empty Re: Note to Memebers Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:54 pm

Universalgoal

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

congratulation for archiving 8000 members which other forums couldn't

6Note to Memebers Empty Re: Note to Memebers Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:40 pm

kalum

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Thanks slstock and it is very good set of advices. we'll adhere to forum rules and let's try to build up investment pleasure into srilanakns. Meantime congratulation for forums success. we should have thanks for all the moderators, admins, contributors and memebrs to make this a successful story and more ever keep up good effort with non-profitable culture.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum