FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Yesterday at 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Yesterday at 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by God Father Yesterday at 5:37 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Yesterday at 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Yesterday at 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Forum and its future : time to think

+18
rainmaker
smallville
besthope
Rajitha
Hawk Eye
Redbulls
D.G.Dayaratne
Leon
knockknobbler
Sanjaya Gunarathna
jaya
kalum
Deva
Kithsiri
K.Haputantri
Backstage
Slstock
Jana1
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Forum and its future : time to think Empty Forum and its future : time to think Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:07 am

Jana1

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

I am creating this topic   with new comments and after moving some content from another thread . I believe the  discussions here would bebeneficial for the existence and  future of this forum .   There are somethings mentioned here as I believe in transparency and public to know the reality.

This is not about xxxx or  yyyyy   though discussion here   has their names mentioned as the ideas originated in another topic as mentioned.  

Here goes...

We all cannot be here always to run and safeguard this forum. Time is right to rethink how this forum should present itself for the future and the ethics it should be based upon.

Just to think, we had political attacks, group formation for hidden agendas, mud slinging to prominent people, member member attacks, dirty promotions to put new comers to the sword, personal attacks to show superiority , verbal abuses, mind numbing games played (which we try to shield the newcomer/public much as possible) etc . Some of us know what went on and we did all we could on and behind the scene to protect the forum to what it is now.

Many people came and went. Mods came and went. Some Mods works/ed their ass off while others did minimal as far as cleaning/ maintainance of the forum is concerned I can count with the fingers in one hand the people who continously stayed with the forum from 2011. My hats off to them. Actually most of them are still here right now ;-)

Am more concern what will happen to this forum if some of the genuine people left ? I know it maybe exisit forum how but on what ethics and reasons should it run ?

(I also know many people are silent and only a handful comment or support).

Slstock

2Forum and its future : time to think Empty Re: Forum and its future : time to think Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:33 am

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

I am speaking for myself this time.

You guys don;t know how much behind the scene time was/is wasted  for the smooth running of this forum . This is apart from 1000s posts here some which take hours to write.   Specially few names come to mind where I must have wasted 5-6 hours  with each  person making requests , reciprocal communications , making sense   and asking them to behave rationally.  I do that thinking that if someone comes to the right track ( according to my thinking) that would be a cause justified.     I have done these before and after banning as rarely like to ban anyone.  This is course apart from all the public writing here.   But some people never correct.  Sometime they can go  to personal levels also after them doing he mistakes and wasting my/our time.

In this case neither yyyyy or xxxxx  are saints.

Leaving aside social service and volunteering to share/gain  knowledge,  I think the 1000s of hours spent in and behind the scences  on the forum over several years  have not benefitted me in anyway and in most cases  has been detrimental to my work (  forum can get addictive).  

I am sure Small, and MOD team also has similar experience.

One of these days   the time will come to ...

Jana1 wrote:

Hai Slstock and Small,

I didn't know the stuffs went behind the screen with xxxxx (U guys PM with xxxxx ). I guessed he pushed u guys beyond ur tolerance which we (forum users ) unaware.. From his contacts and correspondence in the public comments he made impression that he sent all the documents.. Still I am not sure why this guy ask my details.. May be to show off forum readers that he is genuine..

I am not a supported to yyyyy but yyyyy get pissed off with this guy as he said, he didn't respond his email. XXXXX only intention was to paint yyyyy face black. YYYYY must be well aware about what xxxxx position is.

Just my suggestion, admins could think about to block xxxxx activities from forum... This kind of cheating approaches shouldn't be accepted in our country... Too many lies from his side and inconsistent speaking shows that he just make fun out of our time..

Last edited by slstock on Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:47 pm; edited 2 times in total

3Forum and its future : time to think Empty Re: Forum and its future : time to think Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:58 am

Backstage

Backstage

Breaking Bad from Sri lanka Army

4Forum and its future : time to think Empty Re: Forum and its future : time to think Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:19 am

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

Jana said- "Just my suggestion, admins could think about to block wayne activities from forum... This kind of cheating approaches shouldn't be accepted in our country... Too many lies from his side and inconsistent speaking shows that he just make fun out of our time.."

Hapu said

"slstock, I understand your feelings when few jokers/ppl with wested interest try to play havoc for personal gains, use this forum for illegal acts and also aim occational brick-bats (when warned not to mis-use the forum) against the Admins. After years of yomen service with no personal benifts you should not get discouragd at this dull hour of the CSE. This is the period ppl like you should work harder than ever before. My feeling is that the majority of the membership is with the Admins though they do not express themself owing to various reasons. Let us go forward with more vigour!!!"

Last edited by K.Haputantri on Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

5Forum and its future : time to think Empty Re: Forum and its future : time to think Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:24 am

Backstage

Backstage

slstock said "Leaving aside social service and volunteering to share/gain  knowledge,  I think the 1000s of hours spent in and behind the scences  on the forum over several years  have not benefitted me in anyway and in most cases  has been detrimental to my work (  forum can get addictive).  

One of these days  the time will come to ..."

Back Stage said
"I disagree, on your watch the forum has grown 10 fold, all the team should feel good about that, this is a life line for amateur investors, we appreciate that and that appreciation is also beneficial to you, being a part of a community is also an enriching and educational experience, even for the leaders. There is always something to learn ,especially from the seemingly bad threads.
But this thread is amazing. Stranger than fiction. The Churchill episode was hilarious and unreal. Chinwi cracking the Tsunami identity,brilliant , if it was a movie that part would have seemed overdone , Kithsiri and D company and these guys are for real !"

6Forum and its future : time to think Empty Re: Forum and its future : time to think Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:08 pm

Slstock

Slstock

Hapu

Not sure you got the depth of  what I menat.

Reg yyyyy and xxxxx

People like yyyyy  or  xxxxx can't get me , Small, you or Jana1 down.  Infact  neither of them did anything  personally bad to us except waste time.

Soon yyyyy and xxxxx will vanish like so many others after they get their thing done.  I am not really concerned about them as I know by gut feeling  why they are here.   Owners of this  forum  might be happy also for increased traffic.   I really do not care for  forum traffic   unless it has value addition and social benefit.    What I was initially concerned was about how all this actually benefitted the forum or Sri Lanka.  Initially I was also sympatheic to xxxxx as he was foreigner being in trouble investing in Sri Lanka. But we now know both parties are not saints.

Broader sense wrt forum :

What  I mentioned to the forum is  the  broader sense of extended the reality  many people won't know .   If one starts to think how this forum ran for many years  by a bunch of volunteers without making it  become a  cess pool and  the threat of shutting down  like another forum ,   they might see what I mentioned more clearly.

When "some parties" here leave  ( all of us can't be here always ) , am concerned what will happened to the ethics  of the forum  and how it will be for.

Last edited by slstock on Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

7Forum and its future : time to think Empty Re: Forum and its future : time to think Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:53 pm

Slstock

Slstock

Backstage :

Thanks for the encouragement.

Backstage wrote:eaving aside social service and volunteering to share/gain  knowledge,  I think the 1000s of hours spent in and behind the scences  on the forum over several years  have not benefitted me in anyway and in most cases  has been detrimental to my work (  forum can get addictive).  

One of these days  the time will come to ...

I disagree, on your watch the forum has grown 10 fold, all the team should feel good about that, this is a life line for amateur investors, we appreciate that and that appreciation is also beneficial to you, being a part of a community is also an enriching and educational experience, even for the leaders. There is always something to learn ,especially from the seemingly bad threads.
But this thread is amazing. Stranger than fiction. The Churchill episode was hilarious and unreal. Chinwi cracking the Tsunami identity,brilliant , if it was a movie that part would have seemed overdone , Kithsiri and D company and these guys are for real !  

8Forum and its future : time to think Empty Re: Forum and its future : time to think Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:13 pm

Kithsiri

Kithsiri
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Two things are certain.

Nothing is permanent and no one is indispensable.

I came here as a novice to stock trading (not that I am implying that I am a veteran now) and this forum benefitted me a lot and I am eternally thankful especially the stalwarts who have contributed many valuable insights, if the novices were smart enough then could have gained immense.

Let us do our individual bits conscientiously to uphold the values and the purpose of this valuable forum.

But in a free society like ours, if the majority wants it to die, then very little the minority can do except fight a little and surrender at last.

I sincerely hope the latter would not be true as far as this Forum is concerned.

9Forum and its future : time to think Empty Re: Forum and its future : time to think Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:30 pm

Slstock

Slstock

Backstage's further comment below ( moved from other thread)

Backstage wrote:

When "some parties" here leave ( all of us can't be here always ) , am concerned what will happened to the forum

I think the forum owners should address that now and not later when things fall apart. We all know that this is a great market research tool, the owners lack of transparency regarding their objectives is disappointing.

But SLS please dont leave till ASI tops 7000. Seeing us through from Bull to Bear to Bull, that would be an achievement. We'll give you a party to remember at hmmmm Galadari ?

10Forum and its future : time to think Empty Re: Forum and its future : time to think Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:53 pm

Deva

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

slstock,
People having balance sense of mind would much appreciate the tremendous service you are providing. I gained lot of knowledge from this forum and continue to learn. Don't get disturbed by xxxx or yyyy. Nowadays you find more of unethical guys rather than ethical.

11Forum and its future : time to think Empty Re: Forum and its future : time to think Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:10 pm

Slstock

Slstock

So I see your "Agenda"  haha. Want me till 7000 only huh?

Not to worry about CSE too much .  There will be a storm  after the calm and the hail ( sensing the hail will happen sooner than later)

Backstage wrote:

But SLS please dont leave till ASI tops 7000. Seeing us through from Bull to Bear to Bull, that would be an achievement. We'll give you a party to remember at hmmmm Galadari ?

12Forum and its future : time to think Empty Re: Forum and its future : time to think Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:38 pm

kalum

slstock wrote:So I see your "Agenda"  haha. Want me till 7000 only huh?

Not to worry  about CSE too much .  There will be a storm  after the calm and the hail ( sensing the hail will happen sooner than later)

Backstage wrote:

Guys, people who genuinely involved with this forum always value the admins and mods commitment. As far as i see most of us respect each other. I don't have big picture of the dispute reading xxxx / yyyy incident, but some thing i sense when i read this thread. i just wanted to highlight that i really appreciate the forum and mod and let's work as a team to avoid any actions that tend to make our forum and good work in jeopardy.

13Forum and its future : time to think Empty Re: Forum and its future : time to think Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:58 pm

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

There is no argument that the development & maintenance of a forum of this nature incures a huge financial outlay to the owners. They have allowed a voluntary team to administer the forum very well with no interferances. They should get the credit for that.

However, technical and financial input alone would never elavate such forums to this level without voluntary contributions of the Admins and members. Usually, the number of visiters including guests increase when the forum is well administered and become usefull to all concerned. At the same time, the ratings and the income of the owners should increase.

I too agree that the owners should acknowledge this vital point if they want to retain good people in the forum.

14Forum and its future : time to think Empty Re: Forum and its future : time to think Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:05 pm

Jana1

Yea, the quality is suh important...

If u see the two closest, singapore and Malaysia, and travel through those countries then u will get to know how quality is such importance than bulky...Malaysia is the country which has more strict policy than singapore but what went wrong with them??? They never implemented.....

Let us go with quality here....If we target quantity one day it will fail abruptly.. No doubt about it...

15Forum and its future : time to think Empty Re: Forum and its future : time to think Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:16 pm

Slstock

Slstock

Guys ,  this is Not regarding xxxx and yyyy . There were xxxx and yyyy in the past and will be in the future.  
They will come and go just like many.  

It is another deeper message /issue I tried to address.

In addition to what is mentioned we all ( present and future admins, mods , owners seniors members , junior members) should think about ....

There are gentlemen and there are men. There are Ladies and there are women.

Likewise there can be a dignified  forum with standards and there can be a -------- forum.

We all should work towards that presently and in future no matter who runs it.

16Forum and its future : time to think Empty Re: Forum and its future : time to think Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:24 pm

jaya

I do appreciate this Forum and would like to continue, I was benefitted very much and will it in future too

17Forum and its future : time to think Empty Re: Forum and its future : time to think Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:09 pm

Sanjaya Gunarathna

Stock Trader

I have benefitted immensely from this forum. Thanks to all contributors; admins, moderators and all others. I have gained much of the knowledge regarding stock market and trading through this forum. I would personally thank all of you for that. Sincere contributors always try to educate the ignorant and enrich with quality inputs. I have escaped great losses and gained some profits due to the advice published here. Your efforts are not in vein. I think there are many members and visitors to this forum who have gained from this like me though many would not reveal that. It doesn't mean that they don't value what they get. Please Please Please continue all your good work.

18Forum and its future : time to think Empty Re: Forum and its future : time to think Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:54 pm

knockknobbler

Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Sanjaya Gunarathna wrote:
................. I have escaped great losses and gained some profits due to the advice published here.......................  
Glad to here , that you have ... " escaped great losses and gained some profits due to the advice published here" .... within 3 days.

Hope.. , you will benefit immensely ,  from the advice published in this forum,  in future as well.

19Forum and its future : time to think Empty Re: Forum and its future : time to think Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:01 pm

Leon

This forum is very useful for people who expect to enter CSE. So it is all our duty to safeguard this for the future. Can't we sit down and have a chat on this??

20Forum and its future : time to think Empty Re: Forum and its future : time to think Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:25 pm

Sanjaya Gunarathna

Stock Trader

knockknobbler wrote:
Sanjaya Gunarathna wrote:
................. I have escaped great losses and gained some profits due to the advice published here.......................  
Glad to here , that you have ... " escaped great losses and gained some profits due to the advice published here" .... within 3 days.

Hope.. , you will benefit immensely ,  from the advice published in this forum,  in future as well.

Though  i joined the forum as a member recently I have been following the forum from 2011 when I started trading at the CSE. At that time the prices were very high ABAN was at 300, BFL was at 470, GRAN at 160, KGAL at 230, KAPI at 70, HOPL at 65, COLO at 400 etc from my memory. From the advises given in this forum I could minimize my losses. Otherwise I would have vanished from CSE like most of the people who have entered at that time with huge losses.

21Forum and its future : time to think Empty Re: Forum and its future : time to think Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:34 pm

D.G.Dayaratne

I think this the only place you can express your independent view. in this country.

Even in independent news papers do not allow to express your independent opinion. They edit according to their requirements

I suggest to organize a get together of at least regular participants of this forum.

most of forum members will agree to contribute for the event

22Forum and its future : time to think Empty Re: Forum and its future : time to think Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:15 pm

Redbulls

Redbulls

D.G.Dayaratne wrote:
I suggest to organize a get together of at least regular participants of this forum.

Air Ticket Forum Owners will pay?

23Forum and its future : time to think Empty Re: Forum and its future : time to think Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:00 am

Kithsiri

Kithsiri

Redbulls wrote:
D.G.Dayaratne wrote:
Air Ticket Forum Owners will pay?
I think " Mihin Air " will provide the free passage and the Party should be held in Hambantota. Shocked 

24Forum and its future : time to think Empty Re: Forum and its future : time to think Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:11 pm

Hawk Eye

Hawk Eye
Expert
Expert

Lets charge a annual membership fee, let it be a affordable small amount. Rs 100/- recommended

10200 members x 100/- = fairly good amount.

Let this be used as the consideration for all the hardwork behind

This will also avoid bogus accounts,

25Forum and its future : time to think Empty Re: Forum and its future : time to think Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:40 pm

Backstage

Backstage

D.G.Dayaratne wrote:I think this the only place you can express your independent view. in this country.

Even in independent news papers do not allow to express your independent opinion. They edit according to their requirements

Oh gosh ! Will I have to meet all those people I have been rude to ? Shocked 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum