FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ErangaDS Today at 10:17 am

» CDB Non voting
by buddikasmart Today at 8:03 am

» Will share market be taxed after new Gazette./manik de silva
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 27, 2024 2:14 pm

» Focus on Government controlled entities
by Ekanayake90 Mon May 27, 2024 7:31 am

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by Ekanayake90 Mon May 27, 2024 7:29 am

» Seylan Bank did not pay final coupon of expired debentures
by Gaudente Wed May 22, 2024 2:32 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by agentnrox Wed May 22, 2024 1:50 pm

» HSENID BUSINESS SOLUTIONS PLC (HBS.N0000)
by K.R Wed May 22, 2024 7:46 am

» Richard Pieris Exports PLC (REXP.N0000) future looks bleak!
by God Father Mon May 20, 2024 10:08 pm

» Sri Lanka key Economic Indicators and Future Outlook for 2024
by God Father Mon May 20, 2024 6:06 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by God Father Mon May 20, 2024 5:59 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by glad Mon May 20, 2024 9:27 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Point of View-Sudden Boom Coming Soon

+4
raa
MoneyMaker
wikum100
MarketResearch
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My Point of View-Sudden Boom Coming Soon Empty My Point of View-Sudden Boom Coming Soon Wed May 04, 2011 10:01 pm

MarketResearch

MarketResearch
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

My Point of View-Sudden Boom Coming Soon

The Colombo Stock market recently collapsed due to mainly Ban Ki Moon’s report. After the report we saw those media/world/opposition were talking about War Crimes and such bad things.
Mainly the foreign traders withdrew from the Market.
My point of view is this unstable political/diplomatic situation will be solved near future. Ban Ki Moon or UN/USA does not need (They Can Not) to attack Sri Lanka by sending NATO or Peace Keeping Army.
During the later part of the War, these people(Ban Ki/Robert O Blake,Solhime) or any person did not believe the Sri Lanka army will kill Prabakaran and they had an over estimation about LTTE.
At that time they could involve to attack Sri Lanka (Like Libya/Egypt) because the was an on going war inside the country.
Now these people are suffering about their mistake (Not Involvement to Sri Lanka during War) and now try to attack Sri Lanka (Not by Weapons) by making statements/reports. In near future these “small works’’ will be stopped.
Osama Din Laden death is a advantage for Sri Lanka.Today Robert O Blake has made a statement that the worst terrorist are Bin Laden and Prabakaran and US has not any intention to change the SL government. Also, USA did not cover the International Law or just ethics when they were invading Bin Laden in Pakistan. Even the Pakistani government does not know. We remember after the 09/11 attack we got Oxygen to attack terrorists. We can get more benefits to escape from this Moon’s report if Al Quida attacks to a US mission anywhere. Then these reports are going to dust bin.

So taking in to consideration the above and previous world’s trend I see that Sri Lanka has a bright future in coming months, years.This collapse is a temporary one.

My only advice is before the next rally try gather strong stocks at the lowest levels.(Like before end the war)

Happy Trading.

wikum100

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

[quote="MarketResearch"]My Point of View-Sudden Boom Coming Soon

The Colombo Stock market recently collapsed due to mainly Ban Ki Moon’s report. After the report we saw those media/world/opposition were talking about War Crimes and such bad things.
Mainly the foreign traders withdrew from the Market.
My point of view is this unstable political/diplomatic situation will be solved near future. Ban Ki Moon or UN/USA does not need (They Can Not) to attack Sri Lanka by sending NATO or Peace Keeping Army.
During the later part of the War, these people(Ban Ki/Robert O Blake,Solhime) or any person did not believe the Sri Lanka army will kill Prabakaran and they had an over estimation about LTTE.
At that time they could involve to attack Sri Lanka (Like Libya/Egypt) because the was an on going war inside the country.
Now these people are suffering about their mistake (Not Involvement to Sri Lanka during War) and now try to attack Sri Lanka (Not by Weapons) by making statements/reports. In near future these “small works’’ will be stopped.
Osama Din Laden death is a advantage for Sri Lanka.Today Robert O Blake has made a statement that the worst terrorist are Bin Laden and Prabakaran and US has not any intention to change the SL government. Also, USA did not cover the International Law or just ethics when they were invading Bin Laden in Pakistan. Even the Pakistani government does not know. We remember after the 09/11 attack we got Oxygen to attack terrorists. We can get more benefits to escape from this Moon’s report if Al Quida attacks to a US mission anywhere. Then these reports are going to dust bin.

So taking in to consideration the above and previous world’s trend I see that Sri Lanka has a bright future in coming months, years.This collapse is a temporary one.

My only advice is before the next rally try gather strong stocks at the lowest levels.(Like before end the war)

Happy Trading.

nowadays i like holidays lol!

MoneyMaker

MoneyMaker
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Hmmm... Interesting...

raa

Manager - Equity Analytics

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there foreign net buying in the market the last few days?

Some numbers would really help substantiate what you say although I do understand what you are trying to convey. It's hard to be certain with sweeping statements like that without anything tangible to back it up with.

5My Point of View-Sudden Boom Coming Soon Empty It is good ! Thu May 05, 2011 12:19 am

shaankh

shaankh

Goverment also flexible now and correctly we should not be against UN. Matters should be delt deplomatically.

Good days are comming soon !

UKboy

UKboy
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

raa wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there foreign net buying in the market the last few days?

Some numbers would really help substantiate what you say although I do understand what you are trying to convey. It's hard to be certain with sweeping statements like that without anything tangible to back it up with.

Yes only the numbers would say those were foreign buyings.

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t3249-foreign-purchases-2492752583

salt

salt
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

International Criminal Court prosecutor Luis Moreno Ocampo has said that he would not even read the UN report on Sri Lanka as Sri Lanka is not a member state of the ICC. However he added that the ICC is checking the filing on Permanent Representative of Sri Lanka to the UN Palitha Kohona as he is a dual citizen of Autralia

This UN report is just an eyewash. Its cristal clear that they ahve no power to do any meaningfull investigation on those one sided, useless, baseless allegations.
This can not make any impact on the country, its political / militory leaders and economy as a whole. You are right with your analysis. + from me

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Please read the below. I do not think we need to panick unnecessarily about this UN report. Even for UN security council to act on substantive matters they need votes of ALL 5 permanent members.

The Council is composed of five permanent members — China, France, Russian Federation, the United Kingdom and the United States.

Guess which 2 permanent member are on our side. Wink Will all 5 permanent member be against us from the above list.
Should we really worry too much about UN actions then?

Each Council member has one vote. Decisions on procedural matters are made by an affirmative vote of at least nine of the 15 members. Decisions on substantive matters require nine votes, including the concurring votes of all five permanent members. This is the rule of "great Power unanimity", often referred to as the "veto" power.
http://www.un.org/sc/members.asp

Other membering countries are

Bosnia and Herzegovina (2011) Germany (2012) Portugal (2012) Brazil (2011)
India (2012) South Africa (2012) Colombia (2012) Lebanon (2011)
Gabon (2011) Nigeria (2011)

Can we find more to support us even from the above list? Wink So do we need to worry about them this much?

To be fair , one thing I have to mention is not everything is false in the report. Lets face it no War is fair. That the bitter truth. These big countries behind this UN report push are not saint themselves. They have blood on their hands too . They commit crimes and trying to act big here.

Anyway leaving aside this report scare which I think we do not have to worry that much, if we identify some shortcoming of ours we should take self remedy to correct it so the future of Sri Lanka will be peaceful and bright and there will be a clear path to reconciliation. We shiuld show to the world the true Sri Lankan spirit and colour.

Long Live Sri Lanka and all its residents.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum