FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by glad Today at 9:27 am

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by D.G.Dayaratne Yesterday at 7:28 am

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Fri May 17, 2024 9:08 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cheers everyone!

+4
Sstar
VALUEPICK
SHARK aka TAH
Gintonic
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cheers everyone!  Empty Cheers everyone! Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:07 am

Gintonic

Manager - Equity Analytics

Hi, I'm new to the forum but have been following it for sometime.So I know that there are all sorts in here.The Good,The Bad,& the Ugly. No offence meant.Having said that, I would like to address myself to those genuine gentlemen who help others too,to make a few bucks,not to those who promote what they hold. So gentlemen,is PABC good to buy at 21?What could be the TP?How long to hold?Also,if a share is over the second resistance level,is it more likely to run to the next level or crash? Thank you in advance for your answers. Gintonic.  Very Happy                                                              

2Cheers everyone!  Empty Re: Cheers everyone! Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:28 am

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

Gin
possible 24......

But there are better shares such as HHL LIOC LGL can give better returns OSEA another one.
CTLD can too give good return.....

Those are few to name..
SHARK

3Cheers everyone!  Empty Re: Cheers everyone! Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:37 am

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert

I think you have some good experience. Do you have faith on PABC and banking and finance rally? Market will reward you. Box players and technical traders will follow all sorts of things such as volume, trend, box and chart etc. They even will buy stocks when they hit 52 high weeks. Because when bull market becomes strong these 52 week high weeks’ stocks will break again and again. On the other hand value and contrarian value investors will buy value stocks. Why didn’t you buy when some bank stocks were trading below Rs.15. Now they have gone up above Rs.20. Once strong up trend form we cannot buy stocks for damp cheap. We will have to pay some premiums sometimes. Otherwise we will miss the Bus. For example Contrarian Value investors bought REXP below Rs.50. Later it went upto around Rs.60. It was a good buy point. Again we had a chance around Rs.80. Now trading it is around Rs.95.I can’t guarantee that this stocks can go up within one day or one week. Look for this stock from August onwards. I have not done any study on this stock yet. As long as market stays strong this stock too will go up. BTW did you buy this stock when it was trading around Rs.17/-? Good luck.

4Cheers everyone!  Empty Re: Cheers everyone! Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:40 am

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

REXP will struggle 100+ what you say VP.....

Technically gives a target between 95-100...we will see correction taking place.....

Similar Conditions of LIOC, The challenge would be to justify staying above 100.

5Cheers everyone!  Empty Re: Cheers everyone! Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:55 am

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert

SHARK wrote:REXP will struggle 100+ what you say VP.....

Technically gives a target between 95-100...we will see correction taking place.....

Similar Conditions of LIOC, The challenge would be to justify staying above 100.

No stock will go straight up and down. Even in a major uptrend stocks will have minor volatility, pause and pullbacks. But their intermediate trend will be intact in a strong major uptrend. We can get some estimation on Important psychological barriers for some stocks such as for REXP Rs.100/- for JKH and SAMP Rs.250/- COMB/BFL, Rs.150/, DFCC/ HNB/ COMB Rs.200, GRAN Rs.50/- , TAFL/TYRE Rs.80/, Plantations and banking stocks trading below Rs.15: Rs.20/-, CTEA RS.1000/- etc. It takes times. Finally we may see confirmation for bull market within next two months. As long as major uptrend is stay intact we may have opportunities in stocks in the coming months and coming quarters. During next 10 quarters we can find out our best stock in our portfolio. Until then we cannot say particular stock as our best stock. Good luck!

6Cheers everyone!  Empty Re: Cheers everyone! Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:47 am

Sstar

Sstar
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Gintonics, I like your approach to stocks. Have you done your analysis on PABC? Can you share it with us? I have a strong feeling that eventually all Dhammika owned Banks will merge.

7Cheers everyone!  Empty Re: Cheers everyone! Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:55 am

Gintonic

Thanks gentlemen,for yr quick response.Shall get back once the weekend ends!

8Cheers everyone!  Empty Thanks SHARK! Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:06 am

Gintonic

) 
SHARK wrote:Gin
possible 24......

But there are better shares such as HHL LIOC LGL can give better returns OSEA another one.
CTLD can too give good return.....

Those are few to name..
SHARK
 Thanks for your information.Got LGL at 35.Think LIOC is also ok mid to long term but I'm strictly srilankan.May go for CTLD if it comes down to below 35.Keep up your good work sir,& may Lady Luck smile upon you! Smile 

9Cheers everyone!  Empty Banks & Finance.Take a look. Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:28 am

Gintonic

VALUEPICK wrote:I think you have some good experience. Do you have faith on PABC and banking and finance rally? Market will reward you. Box players and technical traders will follow all sorts of things such as volume, trend, box and chart etc. They even will buy stocks when they hit 52 high weeks. Because when bull market becomes strong these 52 week high weeks’ stocks will break again and again. On the other hand value and contrarian value investors will buy value stocks. Why didn’t you buy when some bank stocks were trading below Rs.15. Now they have gone up above Rs.20. Once strong up trend form we cannot buy stocks for damp cheap. We will have to pay some premiums sometimes. Otherwise we will miss the Bus. For example Contrarian Value investors bought REXP below Rs.50. Later it went upto around Rs.60. It was a good buy point. Again we had a chance around Rs.80. Now trading it is around Rs.95.I can’t guarantee that this stocks can go up within one day or one week. Look for this stock from August onwards. I have not done any study on this stock yet. As long as market stays strong this stock too will go up. BTW did you buy this stock when it was trading around Rs.17/-? Good luck.
Banks & finance sector had done ok but was slow in joining the rally I noticed.Hence my interest in it.Got PABC at 18 range.Wanted to collect more around 20-21 but decided against.Managed to catch HDFC at 38.Still holding.Both are above the 2nd level of resistance & in bullish conditions likely to move further.Current mkt fluctuations are due to profit taking I guess.What goes down will eventually come up & I'll catch some more PABC it it comes below 18.Good luck to you VALUEPICK & to all who got faith in B&F sector.Cool

10Cheers everyone!  Empty Re: Cheers everyone! Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:36 am

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert

Gintonic wrote:
VALUEPICK wrote:I think you have some good experience. Do you have faith on PABC and banking and finance rally? Market will reward you. Box players and technical traders will follow all sorts of things such as volume, trend, box and chart etc. They even will buy stocks when they hit 52 high weeks. Because when bull market becomes strong these 52 week high weeks’ stocks will break again and again. On the other hand value and contrarian value investors will buy value stocks. Why didn’t you buy when some bank stocks were trading below Rs.15. Now they have gone up above Rs.20. Once strong up trend form we cannot buy stocks for damp cheap. We will have to pay some premiums sometimes. Otherwise we will miss the Bus. For example Contrarian Value investors bought REXP below Rs.50. Later it went upto around Rs.60. It was a good buy point. Again we had a chance around Rs.80. Now trading it is around Rs.95.I can’t guarantee that this stocks can go up within one day or one week. Look for this stock from August onwards. I have not done any study on this stock yet. As long as market stays strong this stock too will go up. BTW did you buy this stock when it was trading around Rs.17/-? Good luck.
Banks & finance sector had done ok but was slow in joining the rally I noticed.Hence my interest in it.Got PABC at 18 range.Wanted to collect more around 20-21 but decided against.Managed to catch HDFC at 38.Still holding.Both are above the 2nd level of resistance & in bullish conditions likely to move further.Current mkt fluctuations are due to profit taking I guess.What goes down will eventually come up & I'll catch some more PABC it it comes below 18.Good luck to you VALUEPICK & to all who got faith in B&F sector.Cool

Try to follow this small bank too during next 10 quarters. Then you can get some ideas. As I said before I haven’t done study on PABC yet. Definitely, it has an upside potential. In a major uptrend this can go above Rs.30 first. We may miss some valuable stocks when we busy with following some other stocks. All time high Rs.76.50 and all time low Rs.9/-. I think still we haven’t seen mega rally for this stock. What we are seeing now is initial rally for future wining stocks. Good luck to you too!

11Cheers everyone!  Empty Re: Cheers everyone! Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:50 am

Sstar

Sstar

Nimal Perera is buying Pan Asia Bank Shares. Here is the disclosure:

Cheers everyone!  Screen44

Full Disclosure at CSE: http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_announcements/1461406287268_.pdf

12Cheers everyone!  Empty Re: Cheers everyone! Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:39 pm

stevenapple

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Any experience on correlation of share price and this persons' Dealings

13Cheers everyone!  Empty Re: Cheers everyone! Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:22 pm

Sstar

Sstar

stevenapple wrote:Any experience on correlation of share price and this persons' Dealings

This person is the biggest wheeler dealer in town and he is the advisor to Dhammika Perera. You may google his name.

Read about him:
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t16126-n-perera-story-a-worth-while-read?highlight=nimal+perera

14Cheers everyone!  Empty Re: Cheers everyone! Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:36 pm

stevenapple

Sstar wrote:
stevenapple wrote:Any experience on correlation of share price and this persons' Dealings

This person is the biggest wheeler dealer in town and he is the advisor to Dhammika Perera. You may google his name.

Read about him:
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t16126-n-perera-story-a-worth-while-read?highlight=nimal+perera

Thanks S Like a Star @ heaven   for sharing.

15Cheers everyone!  Empty Re: Cheers everyone! Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:58 pm

worthiness

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

I do not see a valid & strong point on above said correlation though this is a typical style of our nature. Nevertheless, well established banks in the country keep on moving in the capital market facing usual dips inherent to market environment. What is neglected by sector is the returns to shareholders in form of dividends. Many banks are capable of distributing more dividends to shareholders but not doing so by reserving extra funds for competitive changes & expansions planned. Additional premium added to this dividend declaration, what had been ignored in the past, would cause to build more confidence of investors towards banking sector while increasing shareholders wealth.

16Cheers everyone!  Empty Re: Cheers everyone! Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:38 am

Gintonic

Thanks Sstar.Mkt goes up.This will too. Have patience.

17Cheers everyone!  Empty Re: Cheers everyone! Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:51 pm

Sstar

Sstar

I purchased 10,000 shares of Pan Asia Bank PABC today.

18Cheers everyone!  Empty Re: Cheers everyone! Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:46 am

Gintonic

Encouraging news.Thanks!

19Cheers everyone!  Empty Re: Cheers everyone! Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:45 am

Pethi

Pethi
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

this guy pump then all of a sudden dump.
pumping and dumping king ping...!

if you ask him, what is investing he would say.. "its all about get together and pump and dump man...!"

Recently bought VONE and then dumped. now buy PABC and after couple of months will again dump.
then they will buy VPEL because it is hovering around 5.80-06.00 for long time now. not moving.

Analyzing his share purchase pattern and selling will make us rich.....!  most of the people follow them. but some fall in to traps and stuck in high prices for long time.

This is their management style.

20Cheers everyone!  Empty Re: Cheers everyone! Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:29 am

Sstar

Sstar

worthiness wrote:I do not see a valid & strong point on above said correlation though this is a typical style of our nature. Nevertheless, well established banks in the country keep on moving in the capital market facing usual dips inherent to market environment. What is neglected by sector is the returns to shareholders in form of dividends. Many banks are capable of distributing more dividends to shareholders but not doing so by reserving extra funds for competitive changes & expansions planned. Additional premium added to this dividend declaration, what had been ignored in the past, would cause to build more confidence of investors towards banking sector while increasing shareholders wealth.

I fully agree with worthiness. With the expected increase in the capital base banks are reluctant to pay dividend that is proportionate to their earnings. I have looked at PABC, and they too need some capital infusion or a merger. I guess Dhammika and Nimal may have a master strategy for this that will eventually make money for themselves from such consolidation. You only got to be owning right share at the right time. So I am just investor who is renting their stock, may be for a maximum of 3 months.

21Cheers everyone!  Empty Re: Cheers everyone! Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:43 am

stevenapple

Pethi wrote:

this guy pump then all of a sudden dump.
pumping and dumping king ping...!

if you ask him, what is investing he would say.. "its all about get together and pump and dump man...!"

Recently bought VONE and then dumped. now buy PABC and after couple of months will again dump.
then they will buy VPEL because it is hovering around 5.80-06.00 for long time now. not moving.

Analyzing his share purchase pattern and selling will make us rich.....!  most of the people follow them. but some fall in to traps and stuck in high prices for long time.

This is their management style.
Thanks.

22Cheers everyone!  Empty Re: Cheers everyone! Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:07 pm

Aubrey Perera

Welcome gin and tonic what is your portfolio and future investment tactics?

23Cheers everyone!  Empty Re: Cheers everyone! Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:16 am

Gintonic

HDFC/PABC/SEYBx/TFCx/NTB/LGL. As for tactics,hmmm...I'm still working on it! Cool 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum