FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Today at 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Today at 12:18 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Softlogic - another blunder by JKH?

+5
cse.alpha
tkc
econ
widanage
TuskerLK
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Softlogic - another blunder by JKH? Empty Softlogic - another blunder by JKH? Sat May 14, 2011 11:22 pm

TuskerLK

TuskerLK
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Dear mates,

I heard that softlogic is also going to come to the IPO at a price extremely higher than the private placement price, which was concluded about one year back. In this case also JKH involvement is there.

To my knowledge both expo and softlogic shares were traded at gray market at very high prices.

It would be grateful if anybody got more information on softlogic last year private placement and present top 20 shareholder list.(Those who bought shares on gray mkt should have got the last year annual report)

What I heard was they issued the shares at 60-80 price level on private placements and subsequently gave a 1:10 share split.

Last edited by Quibit on Sat May 14, 2011 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Unnecessary fullstops and question marks removed from the topic)

2Softlogic - another blunder by JKH? Empty Re: Softlogic - another blunder by JKH? Sun May 15, 2011 12:16 am

widanage

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

tinyman wrote:Dear mates,

I heard that softlogic is also going to come to the IPO at a price extremely higher than the private placement price, which was concluded about one year back. In this case also JKH involvement is there.

To my knowledge both expo and softlogic shares were traded at gray market at very high prices.

It would be grateful if anybody got more information on softlogic last year private placement and present top 20 shareholder list.(Those who bought shares on gray mkt should have got the last year annual report)

What I heard was they issued the shares at 60-80 price level on private placements and subsequently gave a 1:10 share split.

As I remember the issue price of the share was Rs 72/- in the private placement. Correct me if I am wrong.
Two weeks ago they were planning to issue the shares at 28/- but has changed to 29/- recently. Which I learned from a reliable source.

JKH has a substantial interest in "The Central" and they go together with AP (Ashok Pathirage). Who else is going to help AP other than JKH.

The other factor is the sale of Nokia phones which had substantially increased since the PP. Due to two main reasons.
1. Opening up of the NE market with the necessary infrastructure.
2. Stringent controls by TRC on phone imports.

Therefore there has to be a significant difference in the financials then and now

However, down side of the story is...

They have to keep a huge inventory to support the market demand with all the models with the risk of being obsolete. Unless you get suppliers credit it is too costly and it is very unlikely to get suppliers credit from a firm like Nokia.

Waiting for the prospectus to see it...

Last edited by widanage on Sun May 15, 2011 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Explantion given on the issue price)

3Softlogic - another blunder by JKH? Empty Re: Softlogic - another blunder by JKH? Sun May 15, 2011 4:13 am

econ

econ
Global Moderator

Need prospectus to see what is going on this. I remember they had private placements some time ago.

4Softlogic - another blunder by JKH? Empty Re: Softlogic - another blunder by JKH? Sun May 15, 2011 6:07 am

tkc

tkc
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

econ wrote:Need prospectus to see what is going on this. I remember they had private placements some time ago.
Yes!! Hope it will be a good one....

5Softlogic - another blunder by JKH? Empty Re: Softlogic - another blunder by JKH? Sun May 15, 2011 11:20 am

cse.alpha

2 differences between Softlogic and Expo private placements

1) Softlogic pvt deal was over 12 months ago
- Expo had only a 5 month lag between pvt deal and IPO

2) JKH has not invested in Softlogic
- Carsons and lot of private investors are in Softlogic
- Controversy on Expo was compounded as JKH's independence was questioned as it had 83 million Expo shares at Rs6/-

6Softlogic - another blunder by JKH? Empty Re: Softlogic - another blunder by JKH? Sun May 15, 2011 12:16 pm

TuskerLK

TuskerLK

cse.alpha wrote:2 differences between Softlogic and Expo private placements

1) Softlogic pvt deal was over 12 months ago
- Expo had only a 5 month lag between pvt deal and IPO

2) JKH has not invested in Softlogic
- Carsons and lot of private investors are in Softlogic
- Controversy on Expo was compounded as JKH's independence was questioned as it had 83 million Expo shares at Rs6/-

true, but Expo IPO price was 2 times of the Placement price, but Softlogic it's four times.
I don't think 5 months and 12 month time will not justify the premium for the pricing.isn't it
Could you please give the source for ur comment on JKH involvement in Softlogic,have u got their last year annual report, if so geateful if you could share with all....

7Softlogic - another blunder by JKH? Empty Re: Softlogic - another blunder by JKH? Mon May 16, 2011 8:18 am

cse.alpha

tinyman wrote:

Could you please give the source for ur comment on JKH involvement in Softlogic,have u got their last year annual report, if so geateful if you could share with all....

Don't have Softlogic reports, but both JKH and CARS are quoted companies, so FY10 reports are out, and soon FY11 will be - CARS had Softlogic shares (through CINV & GUAR I think) shown in its FY10 Annual Report, so we know the shares were issued before 31st March 2010.

JKH had not shown any Softlogic shares in its FY10 Annual Report, so we can assume that they do not have any.

8Softlogic - another blunder by JKH? Empty Re: Softlogic - another blunder by JKH? Mon May 16, 2011 8:38 am

TuskerLK

TuskerLK

Might be, but what I heard was no so, anyway let's see the prospectus

9Softlogic - another blunder by JKH? Empty Re: Softlogic - another blunder by JKH? Mon May 16, 2011 9:31 am

Rstock

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Same thing said about Expo Lanka IPO. What happened? It got oversubscribed. I think all this talk about the unethical etc. is to take the prospective investors away and the selected few to take advantage. Therefore these things have to be ignored.

10Softlogic - another blunder by JKH? Empty Re: Softlogic - another blunder by JKH? Mon May 16, 2011 9:58 am

manula

Vice President - Equity Analytics

Not same thing. That the fact regarding EXPO prospectus clearly it mentioned. When we get the soft logic prosecutes also if required we can get the confirmation of above. Any IPO can simply oversubscribed by many times. Many people are their buying with out knowing any thing. some time checking the luck . Now see ALUFAB already going in a big loss as mention by directors but still some people are buying. What about CSF??? Any one can buy any thing but you have to think and buy due this is your hard earn money .Choice is on yours.

11Softlogic - another blunder by JKH? Empty Re: Softlogic - another blunder by JKH? Tue May 17, 2011 7:17 pm

pradeeptha_007

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

the share price will be 29/- and they will come for the IPO in mid of June

12Softlogic - another blunder by JKH? Empty Re: Softlogic - another blunder by JKH? Tue May 17, 2011 7:32 pm

widanage

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

pradeeptha_007 wrote:the share price will be 29/- and they will come for the IPO in mid of June

Are you sure about this mid June thing? I was expecting it to close before EXPO comes in to the market.

13Softlogic - another blunder by JKH? Empty Re: Softlogic - another blunder by JKH? Tue May 17, 2011 7:55 pm

milanka

milanka

widanage wrote:
pradeeptha_007 wrote:the share price will be 29/- and they will come for the IPO in mid of June

Are you sure about this mid June thing? I was expecting it to close before EXPO comes in to the market.

Mr. Ashok Pathirage said it would be before 10th June.

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/u188

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum