FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Today at 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Today at 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Yesterday at 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Yesterday at 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Yesterday at 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Yesterday at 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

SSTAR Please step down

+24
k9
soileconomy
Pethi
fff4sl
stocksira
Fairtrade
Nitro 7
sureshot
stevenapple
IO3+O
GroundedKestrel
Market R
NC
RPPA
oops
SAWA123
Sstar
Wessa123
Dr Stock
CARACALLA
VALUEPICK
SHARK aka TAH
RoomGirl
Octopus
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26SSTAR Please step down - Page 2 Empty Re: SSTAR Please step down Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:10 pm

NC

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Some words of Bill Williams came to my mind when I reading MarketR comment..
"In stock trading there's no one to blame. Because, you made the decisions, you made the trade. If you won, there's no one to say thank bcz you made the decision, and you made the trade. If you loose, also there's no one to blame either, bcz you're the boss, and you made the decisions.  
A doctor doesn't say that, wow I kill my patience, instead he says the we tried our best, but the patience was too weak. Same here, in the market, we cannot blame anyone since you're the boss... you can buy at any time and you can sell at any time..."
If you want to listen his full lecture follow the link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tTq12QoaMA

27SSTAR Please step down - Page 2 Empty Re: SSTAR Please step down Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:18 pm

RPPA

Expert
Expert

RPPA wrote:
SHARK aka TAH wrote:Since she is or was coadmin she is able to handle such issues. She is our go between to fix things.

Who is going to do it now then.

I also had an issue by some one saying i am AAABOY or some thing & i am having 2 accounts. And i am a moderator.

I didn't have any idea what he was saying. I just registered only in last month.

Actually

I have not criticized one bit to be honest (refer above). I even don't know what CO-ADMIN means. Personally i am against unfair criticisms.

Actually i posted above was what has happen to me as new comer who is willing share my honest ideas.

"AMBO MAMA ANUNGE"

28SSTAR Please step down - Page 2 Empty Re: SSTAR Please step down Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:59 pm

stevenapple

Market R wrote:This issue was started when sstar sold all the shares in this month. We need to think about us first. We cant mention each and every transactions on this forum and some time we need to buy or sell instently.

I am not pointing he/she is right or he/she is wrong. Some are invest for short tearm/mid/long tearm,some will do day tradings/some are expect quick gains. According to the investment type we need to select the stock.

In stock market you are the boss. You invested money and you need to decide. What are the stocks to invest, at what price,how long is the investment, what is the target.

My target is 40% gain per year. In this year I over acheved and on 2012 I am on minus and I almost left from the market those days.

Keep this in mind in Stock Market you are the BOSS Smile

True.

29SSTAR Please step down - Page 2 Empty Re: SSTAR Please step down Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:25 pm

Octopus

Expert
Expert

Stock market is information driven.Forum is a place for information sharing.

some senior members acted and shown maturity when markets are down,They helped newcomers. So I thought, there are better people. who has got a strong opinion which could back with evidence/facts and being not biased and also enable to show little bit of maturity specially,when the time people mostly needed will be beneficial to the future forum. I see this maturity from people like shark.

It was just my honest opinion I have no personal issues with good looking SSTAR.
I was just whistle blowing and raised my honest opinion. I could be wrong.
Here after I wont discuss this. SSTAR you are still a good forum buddy.

30SSTAR Please step down - Page 2 Empty Re: SSTAR Please step down Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:31 pm

sureshot

Vice President - Equity Analytics

GroundedKestrel wrote:Christ! you buggers are like children bickering about this and that. There are so many opportunities and threats in the horizon and you all are too busy running around in circles. Very disappointing.

u r 100% correct , we r good in baila Very Happy

31SSTAR Please step down - Page 2 Empty Re: SSTAR Please step down Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:44 pm

Nitro 7

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

What we need is SLS to be Admin and Shark to be Deputy (if Ranil and Sajith made up their differences these 2 can - what do you say??). Hope newcomers know who SLS is - the Legend who took this forum to this level along with the SuperStar-TAH and many others helping.

32SSTAR Please step down - Page 2 Empty Re: SSTAR Please step down Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:49 pm

Nitro 7

You did more work than a Co-Admin - which was not necessary.

Now this forum has no one capable to run such a role.

Rapa is doing a good job at Moderator level, but we also need Dougieboy, Top Trader type people who were here some time back.

But Shark should be Co-Admin and SLS to be Admin.

SHARK aka TAH wrote:Please guys lets concentrate on the Market. As you all know i was a co-admin and i voluntarily stepped down on my own accord. I am having more freedom now than before.

33SSTAR Please step down - Page 2 Empty Re: SSTAR Please step down Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:05 pm

IO3+O

We would need dougieboy to be reactive for that purpose (he has to be with a positive impression about that because he is presently might be very disappointing about the past incidents). As his last comment (it was a direct blame to me but it was a good move to knew the some unknown secrets and a little bit of already revealed) he could be able to recall the most of the reputed seniors which are not currently contributing in here their valuable knowledge. Even though they are smoothly running their new forum without any hassle.  Smile

34SSTAR Please step down - Page 2 Empty Re: SSTAR Please step down Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:41 pm

oops

Manager - Equity Analytics

stevenapple wrote:
Market R wrote:This issue was started when sstar sold all the shares in this month. We need to think about us first. We cant mention each and every transactions on this forum and some time we need to buy or sell instently.

I am not pointing he/she is right or he/she is wrong. Some are invest for short tearm/mid/long tearm,some will do day tradings/some are expect quick gains. According to the investment type we need to select the stock.

In stock market you are the boss. You invested money and you need to decide. What are the stocks to invest, at what price,how long is the investment, what is the target.

My target is 40% gain per year. In this year I over acheved and on 2012 I am on minus and I almost left from the market those days.

Keep this in mind in Stock Market you are the BOSS Smile

True.
Not excly true.after he sold he wanted to spred negetive news that was the problem and he was a part of broker hut game.

35SSTAR Please step down - Page 2 Empty Re: SSTAR Please step down Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:54 pm

Fairtrade

Fairtrade

Guys, don't fight for this silly things. Everybody should make their investment and divestment decisions on their own. You can have the others views from the forum and make your own call. Everybody  have the right to enter and quit at his/her desired point. What I feel is;

1. Sstar has exited from the market very early. She may be able to re-enter as she said in early next year at escalated prices. Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

2. Or may be her wedding is close by since she needed money Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

36SSTAR Please step down - Page 2 Empty Re: SSTAR Please step down Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:02 pm

stocksira

stocksira

Octopus wrote:Stock market is information driven.Forum is a place for information sharing.

some senior members acted and shown maturity when markets are down,They helped newcomers. So I thought, there are better people. who has got a strong opinion which could back with evidence/facts and being not biased and also enable to show little bit of maturity specially,when the time people mostly needed will be beneficial to the future forum. I see this maturity from people like shark.

It was just my honest opinion I have no personal issues with good looking SSTAR.
I was just whistle blowing and raised my honest opinion. I could be wrong.
Here after I wont discuss this. SSTAR you are still a good forum buddy.

Any member can exit enter and discuss anything in this forum and over the time members will come to their hidden motives if any.

I haven't seen SStar asking anyone to exit from any shares, so what's the issue here ? At least can we stop this nonsense now ?

37SSTAR Please step down - Page 2 Empty Re: SSTAR Please step down Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:04 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

Nice Avartar FT Very Happy

38SSTAR Please step down - Page 2 Empty Re: SSTAR Please step down Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:09 pm

fff4sl

fff4sl

Who let the dogs out?

Nothing ever changes. Investors, as always, want to know who let dogs out. Who, they ask, is responsible for ruining the bull market?
David-Director-Motely Fool Singapore.

39SSTAR Please step down - Page 2 Empty Re: SSTAR Please step down Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:39 pm

Fairtrade

Fairtrade

SHARK aka TAH wrote:Nice Avartar FT Very Happy

Thanks buddy

40SSTAR Please step down - Page 2 Empty Re: SSTAR Please step down Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:08 am

Dr Stock

Dr Stock
Co-Admin

Nice to see lots of comments.
I really ddint see this much of enthusiasm on
past bloody monday when things were bit shaky...!
Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

When a begger does a crime and high court judge do the same crime , its not the same.
It carries different weights.
People will take two situations differently.
( i dont say anybody commit a crime here )

we see lots of promotions everyday.
Some are beneficial some are harmful.
bt Nobody bothers.

So why such a noise ?
experience ppl dnt care what others do
and they do trades on their own style.

when Somebody showed a portfolio, it indirectly
gives a signal to others . specially to new comers .
gravity will be multiplied when a responsible title holder does.
It was like showing and guiding a path and in a very needy jucntion suddenly vanished leaving you all alone.
New comers follow seniors and they value their opinion.
If things like this happen its bad for SLEF reputation.

On the other hand when people got profit from KAPI
i remember members put " Mal mala" .
we should not forget the good things too.
We admire skills too.

Now things are over.
No point dragging the past.
lets be united and trade !
Good luck .
( I ddnt want blame anyone bt this is the truth i felt)

41SSTAR Please step down - Page 2 Empty Re: SSTAR Please step down Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:37 am

Sstar

Sstar

Dr Stock wrote:Nice to see lots of comments.

When a begger does a crime and high court judge do the same crime , its not the same.

bt Nobody bothers.

So why such a noise ?

It was like showing and guiding a path and in a very needy jucntion suddenly vanished leaving you all alone.

We admire skills too.

Now things are over.
Good luck .

I guess you need to be back as the Admin. Welcome back. Smile

42SSTAR Please step down - Page 2 Empty Re: SSTAR Please step down Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:54 am

Pethi

Pethi

Dr Stock wrote:Nice to see lots of comments.

bt Nobody bothers.

So why such a noise ?

We admire skills too.

Now things are over.
Good luck .

If my memory is correct, SSTAR published her PF and said, I sold week ago. Or I exited "week ago" when Mkt started falling ??
could have warned SLEF members saying" I feel market needs a correction,According to my own strategy I quit a week ago.
Having said that, SSTAR no need to warn forum members. because it is her/his own decision. "Its my car my petrol" Isnt it?

However, lot of experience people steped forward to save new members. That must be appreciated.
For new people, SSTAR PF  and what she/He said and done was influential.
Lesson: never make decisions by looking at some one else''s PF & comments.

As an intelligent investor, we should justify why we buy a particular stock.

forum is full of ideas.
where as SSTAR has her/his own freedom to say & do anything, so do others. SSTAR dont go anywhere.
we need your contribution.

Lets concentrate on the present situation.
Let it go now.

43SSTAR Please step down - Page 2 Empty Re: SSTAR Please step down Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:50 am

soileconomy

soileconomy
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

I cast my vote for SStar.

44SSTAR Please step down - Page 2 Empty Re: SSTAR Please step down Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:16 am

k9

Expert
Expert

SSTAR published her PF -its ok and then promote to sell.that is very bad thing in this bull market.

For me this Portfolio is nothing much.As a co admin she should not have this type of Portfolio.
Ya we all need money.
but i dont see any logic behind her buying pattern.Just had bought all type of shares just like a Commission based broker.but She had a good profits in this uptrend market.no doubt about that..i think Octopus did not make any false statement but he published his comment in a strict way. Shocked
Pls dont take this as personal.Hope SSTAR will re enter to the market in January 2015. Laughing Laughing Laughing

45SSTAR Please step down - Page 2 Empty Re: SSTAR Please step down Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:17 am

Sarabulathwita

Sarabulathwita

Octopus wrote:Don't take this personal. your snapshot of my portfolio gimmicks wont help forum members.

for the goodwill of the forum and its members can you please step down from your post
and give it to a person who is responsible and not biased person like SHARK????

His opinions are always based on facts and evidence. A good gentleman and genuine.
See how devoted he is to the forum.See how many posts he has had and reputation.

If I am the owner, I'd even hire him.
If a leader does a mistake, No matter what.she/he is gone. Like in western countries, Please give your resignation.
you can still express your opinion as a member like all of us.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Mr. SHARK is a nice gentlemen. yea that is right. Shall we analysis the case in detail.

Sara where were you machan? how could you fallen asleep when the market and forum turbulance in place?
Case is over.! we are all back in action.

46SSTAR Please step down - Page 2 Empty Re: SSTAR Please step down Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:21 am

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

Yes Sara ... where were you ...... now everything is solved.
Dr Stock is New Co-Admin
Octopus Given a GM post.....

i wished both well and success .....

Sstar stepped down..... that means we have to get things done through Dr Stock and Mods

47SSTAR Please step down - Page 2 Empty Re: SSTAR Please step down Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:24 am

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

Dont Analyse anycase in detail...we want you to Analyse Shares in CSE Laughing Laughing Laughing

48SSTAR Please step down - Page 2 Empty Re: SSTAR Please step down Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:24 am

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

LIOC 50 (Half century) Gahaida Ada... Balannath Asai 50 Keli

49SSTAR Please step down - Page 2 Empty Re: SSTAR Please step down Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:50 am

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert

SHARK aka TAH wrote:LIOC 50 (Half century) Gahaida Ada... Balannath Asai 50 Keli
පොඩ්ඩක් ඉවසලා ඉන්න. කොටස් කීපයක් රුපියල් 50 පසුකරලා යාවි.

50SSTAR Please step down - Page 2 Empty Re: SSTAR Please step down Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:00 am

shadow walker

shadow walker

COCR also on the way

51SSTAR Please step down - Page 2 Empty Re: SSTAR Please step down Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:20 am

Gintonic

Octopus wrote:Don't take this personal. your snapshot of my portfolio gimmicks wont help forum members.

for the goodwill of the forum and its members can you please step down from your post
and give it to a person who is responsible and not biased person like SHARK????

His opinions are always based on facts and evidence. A good gentleman and genuine.
See how devoted he is to the forum.See how many posts he has had and reputation.

If I am the owner, I'd even hire him.
If a leader does a mistake, No matter what.she/he is gone. Like in western countries, Please give your resignation.

you can still express your opinion as a member like all of us.
If we started kicking out our so called leaders for the mistakes they make,we would have to import the fellows from a western country! Laughing

52SSTAR Please step down - Page 2 Empty Re: SSTAR Please step down Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:11 am

malanp

i have lost confidence of this forum as guiding place..

this is a promoting and demoting place,

all admins and co admins are working with a predefined agenda given to them by higher authorities, sometimes promoting and sometimes demoting..

53SSTAR Please step down - Page 2 Empty Re: SSTAR Please step down Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:10 pm

Dr Stock

Dr Stock
Co-Admin

I was away for few days and what has happen ?
Shocked Shocked Shocked

Oh boy !

54SSTAR Please step down - Page 2 Empty Re: SSTAR Please step down Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:58 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

malanp wrote:
i have lost confidence of this forum as guiding place..

this is a promoting and demoting place,

all admins and co admins are working with a predefined agenda given to them by higher authorities, sometimes promoting and sometimes demoting..
Dear Malanp, as a former Co-Admin, i must clarify that i never worked to a predefined script of anyone.I take pride in what i do and i did in that time. we are a much better crowd now as most are disciplined and well behaved. I hope it will stay calmer like this during Dr Stock tenure as Co-Admin. And all of us should stick together. SLEF is the ultimate place for all the retailers beginning Trading or Investing in CSE undoubtedly.
We are seeing the 2nd tier of members stepping in in the likes of RPPA,OzT,IO3,Shadow walker,Octopus,Stevenapple, Whilst DK and BB bring in different talents to the forum. We have got so much talent in technical analysts now than before, in NC always helpful and gives his time to the forum.Jiggy brings in a different flavour whilst DGD and Pethi total contrast to him and both are well respected. Then you have our sweet SSTAR and i think we must respect for her swift actions and her talents to fix various issues regarding the forum. I think in SSTAR we are not utilizing her talents to the best of SLEF. I request her to get involve heavily to bring in different talents now that she has relieved her self of co-admin post Very Happy.
I have not seen NZB.DB.AAAboy & TT lately, hope they will effectively contribute to SLEF as time permits from their busy schedules.
I must thank SB and VP both are doing yeoman service to SLEF and one should not belittle their efforts.
Also it is a must that i mention SLEF is a virtual library where previous individuals have dedicated their time and effort to post articles irrespective their new affiliations. the show must go on irrespective of what is happening around.I wish you all the best and wish we could change your reservations towards SLEF in time to come.

It is a must in my personal capacity that i request we all should tender our resignations in good faith to Dr Stock so that he can choose new members for GM and Moderatorship.

Dr Stock i had requested few months ago to remove my moderatoship responsibility, due to work related issues SStar may have missed my request.can you please remove it. I need to be a normal member as before.

Thanks
Smiling SHARK

55SSTAR Please step down - Page 2 Empty Re: SSTAR Please step down Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:07 pm

Dr Stock

Dr Stock
Co-Admin

yes SHARK we have good brains and talents here.
Most of them contributing for the benefit of others.
As you mentioned SLEF is the home for most of retailers in CSE including myself.

Does it really necessary to make a sudden changes of positions ?
I think most forum members dont know about positions and the responsibilities of each position.

SHARK is there a way to discuss this ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum