FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by God Father Yesterday at 11:23 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:48 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Selling your car and investing in CSE.

+15
econ
Chinwi
m2_yapa
wis
StocksWatch
Rstock
jaya
bettersrilanka
DK
wiki
swan03
TuskerLK
swarnasana
CSE Today
ipoguru
19 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Selling your car and investing in CSE. Empty Selling your car and investing in CSE. Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:34 am

ipoguru

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Hey guys I am going to sell my car and go for an upgrade. what about investing money that I get from selling the car in CSE and go for a leasing for the new car. Selling price 2 million and intended buying around 3 million.
Suicidal neeeeeeeeeeeee. I just can't resist this idea although I know its suicidal.....

2Selling your car and investing in CSE. Empty Re: Selling your car and investing in CSE. Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:38 am

CSE Today

CSE Today
Manager - Equity Analytics

ipoguru wrote:
Hey guys I am going to sell my car and go for an upgrade.

what about investing money that I get from selling the car in CSE and go for a leasing for the new car.

Selling price 2 million and intended buying around 3 million.

Suicidal neeeeeeeeeeeee. I just can't resist this idea although I know its suicidal.....

Sorry buddy mistakenly clicked the (- rep) I'll correct it by a + rep for your any other post...Sorry again...! Neutral

Oki corrected now you are back @ 16 reps...!

3Selling your car and investing in CSE. Empty Re: Selling your car and investing in CSE. Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:46 am

swarnasana

Better to give it free to me!

4Selling your car and investing in CSE. Empty Re: Selling your car and investing in CSE. Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:49 am

TuskerLK

TuskerLK

CSE Today wrote:
ipoguru wrote:
Hey guys I am going to sell my car and go for an upgrade.

what about investing money that I get from selling the car in CSE and go for a leasing for the new car.

Selling price 2 million and intended buying around 3 million.

Sorry buddy mistakenly clicked the (- rep) I'll correct it by a + rep for your any other post...Sorry again...! Neutral

Oki corrected now you are back @ 16 reps...!

Good, you both got +reps from me too.

5Selling your car and investing in CSE. Empty Re: Selling your car and investing in CSE. Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:49 am

swan03

Vice President - Equity Analytics

swarnasana wrote:Better to give it free to me!

affraid

6Selling your car and investing in CSE. Empty Re: Selling your car and investing in CSE. Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:51 am

CSE Today

CSE Today

tinyman wrote:

Good, you both got +reps from me too.

Thanks Very Happy

7Selling your car and investing in CSE. Empty Re: Selling your car and investing in CSE. Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:08 pm

wiki

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

cheers No

8Selling your car and investing in CSE. Empty Re: Selling your car and investing in CSE. Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:11 pm

DK

What's the car?

9Selling your car and investing in CSE. Empty Re: Selling your car and investing in CSE. Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:17 pm

bettersrilanka

bettersrilanka

Razz Question

http://lankafunpicture.blogspot.com

10Selling your car and investing in CSE. Empty Re: Selling your car and investing in CSE. Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:17 pm

jaya

OK, go for it, but invest in Blue chips end of the year you will get 10-20%
your interest charge can be covered by increased price of new car after 5 years

11Selling your car and investing in CSE. Empty Re: Selling your car and investing in CSE. Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:43 pm

Rstock

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

As things are it is SUICIDAL

12Selling your car and investing in CSE. Empty Re: Selling your car and investing in CSE. Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:48 pm

StocksWatch

ipoguru wrote:Hey guys I am going to sell my car and go for an upgrade. what about investing money that I get from selling the car in CSE and go for a leasing for the new car. Selling price 2 million and intended buying around 3 million.

Good idea if you think you can earn more than the interest that you will pay for 2 mn leasing. Check your investing history and calculate your rate of return for last six months and the compare it with leasing rate. I assumed the market conditions will remain same as last six months for the duration of your lease.

13Selling your car and investing in CSE. Empty Re: Selling your car and investing in CSE. Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:48 pm

wis

Your car will value more, keep it. Cars are an investment in Sri Lanka. In other countries it's scrap metal.

14Selling your car and investing in CSE. Empty Re: Selling your car and investing in CSE. Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:13 pm

m2_yapa

m2_yapa

Great idea!
You can win! But there are things to consider....
1. You should have enough experience on trading at CSE
2. Even if you have experience you must study carefully about the stocks that you are going to but
3. Do not follow the crowd. Specially rumors.
4. If you are buy in the down market it is the time to buy and if you are buying in the Up trend you should take great effort to select the stock.
5. Make you own strategy and formula to recover your leasing interest without extra profit you earned.
6. Most important thing is that you must drive carefully you new vehicle...to enjoy the benefits from Market as well as your vehicle

Good luck.....

15Selling your car and investing in CSE. Empty Re: Selling your car and investing in CSE. Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:53 pm

Chinwi

Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Good idea. - If managed wisely with some luck.

I think you are matured enough in this field to select good shares.

---
Now I tell my story.
21 years ago I bought a Morris Minor for 45,000/- (my 1st car. 1 Sri 1122)
When they announced a good IPO ( not the booby traps like we get these days) I had no money.

I sold my car for 25,000 /- ! (+ weeks of shouting & crying sessions from my wife)

I put the money in the stock market (lucrative IPOs + then secondary) .

withing 4-6 months.I sold the shares for 180,000.00 .
(NDB IPO bought @50 sold @ 200, DOCK rights B @ 10/- S @40/- etc)

I bought a Corolla DX 13 Sri 84xx for 189,000/- one of the favorites among the crowd those days.

Days are gone. Now you may have to think wisely, short-medium term.
Lets hope overall market remains its value. My concern is the interest you pay.

My Second Story:

Last year, I had no car, wanted to buy a one. Least priced basic Japanese model with my choices was about 2.6 million. I bought more comfortable Hyundai Matrix (auto full option) for 1.3m and put balance 1.3m to stocks.
Now I have 1.4m car + 2.5m shares.

( I have to deduct additional cost of 1 lak max per year for higher fuel consumption of Matrix than Toyota)

16Selling your car and investing in CSE. Empty Re: Selling your car and investing in CSE. Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:06 pm

econ

econ
Global Moderator

not a bad idea. Sri lankan car market is ridiculously over priced especially for Japanese vehicles. if you have a luck you can buy better one with the profit. but need luck.

17Selling your car and investing in CSE. Empty Re: Selling your car and investing in CSE. Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:42 pm

manula

I am also thinking it as a good idea. Some time back i made two fixed deposits for my two kids. But now i am thinking to withdraw money and invest in fundamental shares keeping for a long term for kids as same as FD. Same way i will keep some money in bank for any emergency. Smile

18Selling your car and investing in CSE. Empty Re: Selling your car and investing in CSE. Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:14 pm

m2_yapa

m2_yapa

10 years back i started with 50,000 and 8th months later after first trading i almost lost 45,000 from the CSE. While loosing that i learn the behavior of the market for 8 months...then again i invested 50,000 with the balance remaining in the account...for this 10 years time i have gain my capital by 5000% with 10 years experience without withdrawing a cent. I think the success will not come to you..you should go to the success..
it took 10 years time me to learn....about the CSE..still i cannot understand which god is looking after the CSE...
For a win you must work hard and must have little bit of luck!
Good luck!

19Selling your car and investing in CSE. Empty Re: Selling your car and investing in CSE. Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:57 pm

nahsuk

nahsuk

m2_yapa wrote:10 years back i started with 50,000 and 8th months later after first trading i almost lost 45,000 from the CSE. While loosing that i learn the behavior of the market for 8 months...then again i invested 50,000 with the balance remaining in the account...for this 10 years time i have gain my capital by 5000% with 10 years experience without withdrawing a cent. I think the success will not come to you..you should go to the success..
it took 10 years time me to learn....about the CSE..still i cannot understand which god is looking after the CSE...
For a win you must work hard and must have little bit of luck!
Good luck!

well said bro.In this situation your story most important to me. Cool

20Selling your car and investing in CSE. Empty Re: Selling your car and investing in CSE. Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:09 pm

optimistic

optimistic

selling your car and investing in CSE? i know some people who did so and guess what happened? as a result of market conditions, their investments were falling in value. by this, you're going to lose your only car as well as you'd have to go by bus or a three wheeler. at one point, i was thinking about it as well. but then i disregarded the idea until the bearish market comes to a halt.sometimes it may work you, but all depends on luck. so good luck Smile

i've withdrawn bulk of my PF. and now contemplating where i should invest. i was thinking to start forex with 100k and increase the leverage. that way, if you gain, you will gain to the maximum, or if you lose, your entire investment could be wiped out.

and chinwi, why did you go for a Hyundai MAtrix? no second hand value no Smile . could have gone for a AE100 corolla or sprinter. very reliable, economical cars. even though they are 15-20 years old, still have the looks.

21Selling your car and investing in CSE. Empty Re: Selling your car and investing in CSE. Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:41 am

smallville

smallville

manula wrote: I am also thinking it as a good idea. Some time back i made two fixed deposits for my two kids. But now i am thinking to withdraw money and invest in fundamental shares keeping for a long term for kids as same as FD. Same way i will keep some money in bank for any emergency. Smile

IF you select some best stocks, buy in a time like this where market is in deep down you can forget the investment for sometime.. However, provided that your choice is right, u may have to keep the data on an excel sheet at least and monitor at least weekly for price fluctuations.
If your see the price declining after some time, u can decide whether to sell and book a profit cuz you can always find another growth stock and apply the same theory..
What I’m trying to emphasize is; u just don’t completely forget it as a FD, time to time u gotta check and make sure your initial investment value is safe. Also taking advantages of a volatility situation.

optimistic wrote: and chinwi, why did you go for a Hyundai MAtrix? no second hand value no Smile . could have gone for a AE100 corolla or sprinter. very reliable, economical cars. even though they are 15-20 years old, still have the looks.

I think comfort-ability valued most sometimes, AE100s are also comfortable but a Matrix is more than that I think.. Also age wise u can buy a year 10 years old one for a good price than a 14-16 year old corollas but its arguable the higher wear and tear and the maintenance cost of other vehicles compared to Toyota, still I feel the corollas are aged.. So I think Chinwi my have thought the same way. Wink

22Selling your car and investing in CSE. Empty Re: Selling your car and investing in CSE. Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:16 pm

optimistic

optimistic

comfortability - for that matter, you might as well go for a Volvo S40, BMW 3 series E36, Mercedes Benz W202 or W124. fuel consumption does not differ too much from a matrix. and i would go for an european car than a korean, anyday. that is food for thought Very Happy

23Selling your car and investing in CSE. Empty Re: Selling your car and investing in CSE. Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:25 pm

Chinwi

Chinwi

optimistic wrote:
and chinwi, why did you go for a Hyundai MAtrix? no second hand value no Smile . could have gone for a AE100 corolla or sprinter. very reliable, economical cars. even though they are 15-20 years old, still have the looks.

All I tried to tell you is I have recovered the cost of the car.
At the sales place they sold Maruti & Matrix almost same price (2-3 lak difference) , hence i selected a good looking and more powerful Matrix. JN xxxx.
A Corolla with same quality / age was 2 times of that.

I had money to buy a corolla but by not going for it and investing the balance in stocks I recovered the total amount I paid for the car within 1 year. Hence as per my Zero Cost theory , :-) cost of the matrix is now zero.

Actually, now I am thinking of going for a Toyota because I can afford it now - without affecting that much of my investment capability.

This is not to misguide anyone. I do not know what will happen in next 6-12 months.

24Selling your car and investing in CSE. Empty Re: Selling your car and investing in CSE. Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:36 pm

optimistic

optimistic

aha. i got it Smile sorry for deviating from the topic. i think the zero cost theory was certainly achievable during the past 2 years, starting from the 2nd half of 2009. but i'm not very sure about the future outlook of the CSE. zero cost theory is still achievable if one puts their money in to a speculative, illiquid stock and pray that their stock gets manipulated. unless, i think it would take about 1-5 years for a person to generate a ROI of 100% . i have nothing to prove what i say and i may be wrong.

25Selling your car and investing in CSE. Empty Re: Selling your car and investing in CSE. Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:21 am

manula

smallville wrote:
manula wrote: I am also thinking it as a good idea. Some time back i made two fixed deposits for my two kids. But now i am thinking to withdraw money and invest in fundamental shares keeping for a long term for kids as same as FD. Same way i will keep some money in bank for any emergency. Smile

IF you select some best stocks, buy in a time like this where market is in deep down you can forget the investment for sometime.. However, provided that your choice is right, u may have to keep the data on an excel sheet at least and monitor at least weekly for price fluctuations.
If your see the price declining after some time, u can decide whether to sell and book a profit cuz you can always find another growth stock and apply the same theory..
What I’m trying to emphasize is; u just don’t completely forget it as a FD, time to time u gotta check and make sure your initial investment value is safe. Also taking advantages of a volatility situation.

Thanks smallville... It is a very good advice ... Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum