FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Today at 9:08 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Yesterday at 9:13 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Wed May 15, 2024 1:58 pm

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

what is going on with investnow.lk

+20
hotstock
Slstock
ControlFreak
Chinwi
Superman
tubal
gamaya
innam
$$$
smalta
DeepFreakingValue
maalinda
PriyanDV
econ
Monster
Academic
hasi84
Quibit
mission
mono
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 2 Empty Re: what is going on with investnow.lk Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:20 am

innam

Manager - Equity Analytics

"i go to inn on the green for quiz night and come back to find the website offline.

what happened?."

Next time stay away from quiz night....

27what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 2 Empty What happened Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:09 pm

gamaya

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

I hope investnow comes out strong after whatever problems they are facing. This was like a second home for last so many months.

Guys just remember Market watch identified BFL nearly 2yrs ago. There are people who have that kind of abilities. Who knows he also may know things about these companies, that we don't.

I wish Rehan Good luck.

28what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 2 Empty Re: what is going on with investnow.lk Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:16 pm

hasi84

Gamaya: I agree with you that MW identified BFL...but that is not directly comparable with PCH!
BFL has 16mn shares in issue while PCH has 230mn( if memory serves me right) I dont know how he can predict 20bn increase in market capitalisation (share increasing from 10 to 100)
I dont think he provided any valid justification for such prediction!

29what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 2 Empty Re: what is going on with investnow.lk Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:49 pm

Monster

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

@hasi84
I too agree. MW identified BFL on early stage. But it's not fair to compare BFL and PCH. I am 100% sure PCH will grow in the future. But not as expected by MW in the short term.

30what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 2 Empty Re: what is going on with investnow.lk Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:10 pm

mono

Vice President - Equity Analytics

hasi84 wrote:Gamaya: I agree with you that MW identified BFL...but that is not directly comparable with PCH!
BFL has 16mn shares in issue while PCH has 230mn( if memory serves me right) I dont know how he can predict 20bn increase in market capitalisation (share increasing from 10 to 100)
I dont think he provided any valid justification for such prediction!

precisely! 100 rs PCH is roughly as big as RICH. But right now the PCH head office is smaller than most Aprico car parks.

how are they going to grow like this. BPO argument is flimsy. there are plenty of BPO's here and none of them are gold mines, or platinum mines in this case

31what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 2 Empty MW Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:54 pm

gamaya

Guys,

I wouldn't think of comaparing PCH with RICH at this stage.

But don't you see our crowd is mostly speculative..

That should be why he was comparing PCH with speculative shares at this stage. Like LCEM DPL.

Also possible he may know some info that we don't.

The present government could last for 6yrs. In this time don't you think our BPO sector would have some improvements?

32what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 2 Empty Re: what is going on with investnow.lk Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:14 pm

mono

mono

gamaya wrote:Guys,

I wouldn't think of comaparing PCH with RICH at this stage.

But don't you see our crowd is mostly speculative..

That should be why he was comparing PCH with speculative shares at this stage. Like LCEM DPL.

Also possible he may know some info that we don't.

The present government could last for 6yrs. In this time don't you think our BPO sector would have some improvements?

comparing market caps is a valid across the board comparison. it's no different from comparing EPS.

33what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 2 Empty Re: what is going on with investnow.lk Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:45 pm

tubal

Guess, there will be a lot of flotsam and jetsam heading this way like yours truly.

34what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 2 Empty - Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:52 pm

Superman

Stock Trader

Show your support for Rehan here:
http://www.stockinfo.lk/topic629.html

35what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 2 Empty Re: what is going on with investnow.lk Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:11 pm

Academic

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Academic wrote:Me too ready to help and make out of lessons learned there.

Yes. They may come from credible names, however, we know their writing styles, what they promote and when.

And actions should be taken sooner if detected.

Hope we can start our discussions here.

I have an some unanswered questions to some posts at investnow.lk. I will address those here soon.

Anyway I happy to say we voiced our concern on PCH SAGA as we could. Those who understood may have avoided it.

Dear Quibit,

Thanks for the promotion. Seems it not necessary to be a moderator to help you in maintaining integrity of the forum as there is a personal messaging feature here. We can inform you through that if any concern. Further I feel little uneasy to have so many stars below my name (D:).
Let me be a member who can start new posts and reply to posts. I do not know what categories of memberships you have.
Anyway I'm not an expert, advicer, or Analyst. My user-name itself introduces me!

Thanks

36what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 2 Empty Re: what is going on with investnow.lk Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:15 pm

mono

mono

Academic wrote:

Dear Quibit,

Thanks for the promotion. Seems it not necessary to be a moderator to help you in maintaining integrity of the forum as there is a personal messaging feature here. We can inform you through that if any concern. Further I feel little uneasy to have so many stars below my name (D:).
Let me be a member who can start new posts and reply to posts. I do not know what categories of memberships you have.
Anyway I'm not an expert, advicer, or Analyst. My user-name itself introduces me!

Thanks

which field did you work. i could have easily ended up in academia, but somethings were not to be Razz

37what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 2 Empty Re: what is going on with investnow.lk Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:20 pm

Academic

Evil or Very Mad

38what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 2 Empty Reborn Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:34 pm

Chinwi

Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

mission wrote:
u think they are going to come out with the same name... i dont think so... there will be so many people impersonating some of the credible people at investnow.lk in this site. who knows who will come as chinwi.. one day is enough to do the damage...

Hi mission , wow ! you remember me ! glad to see you again.

Hi monster, econ , acadamic , Hasi.... others.... IM HAPPY TO SEE athe GOOD PEOPLE ARE HERE.

mission, No one can come as me. I have already registered the same name here , long time ago indeed! I only forgot the PW. Now I got a new to my email.

Dear friends, for me its safe !

its same Chinwi :-)

39what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 2 Empty Re: what is going on with investnow.lk Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:50 pm

mono

mono

Chinwi wrote:

what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcReGL4v7A2rIasFWACw9OIqu1LbkZWMtkMgSJyzv3l26P0gwfCV&t=1

40what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 2 Empty Re: what is going on with investnow.lk Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:59 pm

Monster

Monster

Hi Chinwi, glad to see you in this forum. Hope we can continue our genuine discussions. Cool

41what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 2 Empty Re: what is going on with investnow.lk Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:20 pm

Chinwi

Chinwi

Hi, mono, Monster,

sure.

Let's hope the people will not sell their reputation (gained by recommending a successful stock) to promote their next 'selection' in a wild way.

somehow, investnow lk provided good platform to all and many earned good income using the info and knowledge gained. Final days, it reached to "You publish now - market responds within minutes" state and some started using it foolishly.

42what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 2 Empty Re: what is going on with investnow.lk Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:31 pm

mono

mono

Chinwi wrote:Hi, mono, Monster,

sure.

Let's hope the people will not sell their reputation (gained by recommending a successful stock) to promote their next 'selection' in a wild way.

somehow, investnow lk provided good platform to all and many earned good income using the info and knowledge gained. Final days, it reached to "You publish now - market responds within minutes" state and some started using it foolishly.

you are absolutely correct. But i also think some brokerages were pushing these shares

anyways, what are your picks these days. I think there is some corporate interest in JKH & LOLC these days. CFLB is also interesting because of the supposed land revaluation. Even yesterday on of the directors bought around 20K.

RICH reports should come out soon, that might push that up. in my book this will eventually hit 20 but in the short run 16-17 seems a good bet.

43what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 2 Empty Re: what is going on with investnow.lk Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:49 pm

Chinwi

Chinwi

mono,

Yes, I adjusted my portfolio to have some more RICH, NTB, JINS, LGL when down to 48, also some MULL as I anticipate at least 50% y/y , and holding CSEC, JINS, SAMP, CFLB, GURD , LOLC, LCEY....etc.

Im dealing with a bank to get some margin facility. I may go for more CFLB, SAMP, JKH , RICH for long term with it.

thanks

44what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 2 Empty Re: what is going on with investnow.lk Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:06 pm

Monster

Monster

I am holding NTB, LFIN, SEYB.X, DIMO, UML, CSEC, MARA, DOCK and RCL in my portfolio. I am watching RICH. It's good for long run.

@chinwi, I didn't follow MULL. Do you think it will have future growth?

45what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 2 Empty Re: what is going on with investnow.lk Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:30 pm

Chinwi

Chinwi

@monster,

MULL turned around last qtrs to become positive with tiny 5-10 cents EPS. It had big carried forward losses.

3-4 weeks ago they restructured it erasing losses by reducing capital. Before that they had a rights issue to pay loans thus no more threat of big interest costs. Then CWM bought majority shares.

Although its same NAPS before and after restructuring, the signal is that they are doing groundwork to make it a better company.

If they increase a bit in revenue they can easily reach 50 cents EPS mark first. I feel this is a good time to get this low priced share.

I collected it 1.30, 1.80, 2.00, 2.30 & 2.50. Today 20,000 @ 2.60.

I feel they will continue to do whatever necessary make it a performing entity during this year, with the backing of the parent company. Hence expecting 50% return in one year is fair I think. I use 13% margin loan for this.

I wanted to try more shares 2 weeks ago below Rs 2, but it started showing some momentum, that means some others also watching it. I hope to get more if it fall to 2.20 next week.

With this kind of companies they can do miracles if they work smartly .
It is easy to increase the EPS from 10 cents to 1 Rupee than from 10 rupees to 100. MULL is one of my bets for 2011/12.

46what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 2 Empty Re: what is going on with investnow.lk Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:32 am

econ

econ
Global Moderator

Thanks for your insights chinwi.
Yes mull could be a good share actually it was trading at 1:30 in last October..I think CWM bought it 1.30 per share...
by the way what is your margin provider and what are the conditions for it??
I am also looking for margin provider these days..

47what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 2 Empty Re: what is going on with investnow.lk Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:18 am

Chinwi

Chinwi

@econ,

I have never used margin or much broker credit. With the new situation after SEC rules introducing day by day I also thought going for it, using only part of my portfolio.

As I dealt with Sampath for long term I selected them. They give 13% interest.

You have to open a custodian acct with them and transfer all or part of your portfolio to it as per your requirement. They give 50% worth margin facility from a new current acct open dedicated for this purpose. If you have online Sampathnet you can connect it to see daily balances. You do not get cheque book facility or online money transfer from that acct. To get money out from it they issue internal cheques when we request.

Opening process takes about 1 month. They will see your other income and performances in the market before allowing the loan. You cannot use SAMP shares to get margin. You cannot buy default board shares using the margin. They discourage buying manipulated worthless shares too.

You have to pay interest monthly for the amount you used. Interest calculated daily basis same as ODs. If you earn profit by trading that can be used to pay the interest.
If you use earned profit to buy more shares they will raise the margin if requested.

Hence, my strategy is use part of the facility for medium/long term sound stocks and do some trading to earn money to balance the interest payment.

If you use total margin facility against your portfolio and if your own portfolio value fell to 90% then you have to find money to buy another 10% worth shares to keep your portfolio value or deposit similar amt of cash to the account.

thanks

---
Sampath Margin officer : Mr. Indika Liyanage , 1st floor, City Branch ( near Lake house).

48what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 2 Empty Re: what is going on with investnow.lk Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:59 am

mono

mono

i want to get margin but i doubt they'll give it to me considering i don't have any other job and have been doing this for less than an year.

I do have some land in my name, I wonder if i can use that as collateral

49what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 2 Empty Re: what is going on with investnow.lk Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:49 am

ControlFreak

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

I got the feeling that Rehan got the gitters when he received the post.
There may have been a theat in some way via email and he decided that more controls were needed for the Investnow.lk site. One needs at least 5-8 persons to monitor the site!!

50what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 2 Empty Re: what is going on with investnow.lk Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:01 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Yes, maybe it is for the best Rehan restructures the site. Agree with ControlFreak he needs more people to moderate it as one guy cannot look out for everything. Let hope he comes back strong. We wish him the best. Except for the shortcoming I enjoyed being these. I actually was under the name "StockBuyer" there.

51what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 2 Empty Re: what is going on with investnow.lk Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:56 pm

hotstock

I was just going thru the video..Looks like some top officials forced him to suspend..

Whatever the forum it would be, no one pushes or force others to buy or sell shares..I think it attracted new investors and they would have blindly followed what it contained..

Anyways i wish all the best for Rehan for the next phase (Hope it'll be back) I learnt lot from the site..

52what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 2 Empty Re: what is going on with investnow.lk Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:06 pm

econ

econ
Global Moderator

Chinwi wrote:@econ,

I have never used margin or much broker credit. With the new situation after SEC rules introducing day by day I also thought going for it, using only part of my portfolio.

As I dealt with Sampath for long term I selected them. They give 13% interest.

You have to open a custodian acct with them and transfer all or part of your portfolio to it as per your requirement. They give 50% worth margin facility from a new current acct open dedicated for this purpose. If you have online Sampathnet you can connect it to see daily balances. You do not get cheque book facility or online money transfer from that acct. To get money out from it they issue internal cheques when we request.

Opening process takes about 1 month. They will see your other income and performances in the market before allowing the loan. You cannot use SAMP shares to get margin. You cannot buy default board shares using the margin. They discourage buying manipulated worthless shares too.

You have to pay interest monthly for the amount you used. Interest calculated daily basis same as ODs. If you earn profit by trading that can be used to pay the interest.
If you use earned profit to buy more shares they will raise the margin if requested.

Hence, my strategy is use part of the facility for medium/long term sound stocks and do some trading to earn money to balance the interest payment.

If you use total margin facility against your portfolio and if your own portfolio value fell to 90% then you have to find money to buy another 10% worth shares to keep your portfolio value or deposit similar amt of cash to the account.

thanks

---
Sampath Margin officer : Mr. Indika Liyanage , 1st floor, City Branch ( near Lake house).

Thank you very much for detailed information.

53what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 2 Empty Re: what is going on with investnow.lk Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:19 pm

tubal

mono wrote:i want to get margin but i doubt they'll give it to me considering i don't have any other job and have been doing this for less than an year.

Woah there, you've quit your job to become a full time trader?
even so I don't think it would matter. Since this i very different from a personal or housing loan, your fixed income would be immaterial, come to think of it, I don't think they asked me what my salary was, when I sent in the form.

54what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 2 Empty Re: what is going on with investnow.lk Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:08 am

mono

mono

tubal wrote:
mono wrote:i want to get margin but i doubt they'll give it to me considering i don't have any other job and have been doing this for less than an year.

Woah there, you've quit your job to become a full time trader?
even so I don't think it would matter. Since this i very different from a personal or housing loan, your fixed income would be immaterial, come to think of it, I don't think they asked me what my salary was, when I sent in the form.

this is my first job. :p

55what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 2 Empty Re: what is going on with investnow.lk Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:16 pm

mission

Chinwi wrote:
mission wrote:
u think they are going to come out with the same name... i dont think so... there will be so many people impersonating some of the credible people at investnow.lk in this site. who knows who will come as chinwi.. one day is enough to do the damage...

Hi mission , wow ! you remember me ! glad to see you again.

Hi monster, econ , acadamic , Hasi.... others.... IM HAPPY TO SEE athe GOOD PEOPLE ARE HERE.

mission, No one can come as me. I have already registered the same name here , long time ago indeed! I only forgot the PW. Now I got a new to my email.

hi hi chinwi... how could i forget u ha?.. glad to c u here too..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum