FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Yesterday at 9:08 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by thankrishan Wed May 15, 2024 1:58 pm

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

what is going on with investnow.lk

+20
hotstock
Slstock
ControlFreak
Chinwi
Superman
tubal
gamaya
innam
$$$
smalta
DeepFreakingValue
maalinda
PriyanDV
econ
Monster
Academic
hasi84
Quibit
mission
mono
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 3 Empty Re: what is going on with investnow.lk Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:56 pm

hotstock

Manager - Equity Analytics

I was just going thru the video..Looks like some top officials forced him to suspend..

Whatever the forum it would be, no one pushes or force others to buy or sell shares..I think it attracted new investors and they would have blindly followed what it contained..

Anyways i wish all the best for Rehan for the next phase (Hope it'll be back) I learnt lot from the site..

52what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 3 Empty Re: what is going on with investnow.lk Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:06 pm

econ

Global Moderator

Chinwi wrote:@econ,

I have never used margin or much broker credit. With the new situation after SEC rules introducing day by day I also thought going for it, using only part of my portfolio.

As I dealt with Sampath for long term I selected them. They give 13% interest.

You have to open a custodian acct with them and transfer all or part of your portfolio to it as per your requirement. They give 50% worth margin facility from a new current acct open dedicated for this purpose. If you have online Sampathnet you can connect it to see daily balances. You do not get cheque book facility or online money transfer from that acct. To get money out from it they issue internal cheques when we request.

Opening process takes about 1 month. They will see your other income and performances in the market before allowing the loan. You cannot use SAMP shares to get margin. You cannot buy default board shares using the margin. They discourage buying manipulated worthless shares too.

You have to pay interest monthly for the amount you used. Interest calculated daily basis same as ODs. If you earn profit by trading that can be used to pay the interest.
If you use earned profit to buy more shares they will raise the margin if requested.

Hence, my strategy is use part of the facility for medium/long term sound stocks and do some trading to earn money to balance the interest payment.

If you use total margin facility against your portfolio and if your own portfolio value fell to 90% then you have to find money to buy another 10% worth shares to keep your portfolio value or deposit similar amt of cash to the account.

thanks

---
Sampath Margin officer : Mr. Indika Liyanage , 1st floor, City Branch ( near Lake house).

Thank you very much for detailed information.

53what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 3 Empty Re: what is going on with investnow.lk Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:19 pm

tubal

Vice President - Equity Analytics

mono wrote:i want to get margin but i doubt they'll give it to me considering i don't have any other job and have been doing this for less than an year.

I do have some land in my name, I wonder if i can use that as collateral

Woah there, you've quit your job to become a full time trader?
even so I don't think it would matter. Since this i very different from a personal or housing loan, your fixed income would be immaterial, come to think of it, I don't think they asked me what my salary was, when I sent in the form.

54what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 3 Empty Re: what is going on with investnow.lk Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:08 am

mono

tubal wrote:
mono wrote:i want to get margin but i doubt they'll give it to me considering i don't have any other job and have been doing this for less than an year.

I do have some land in my name, I wonder if i can use that as collateral

Woah there, you've quit your job to become a full time trader?
even so I don't think it would matter. Since this i very different from a personal or housing loan, your fixed income would be immaterial, come to think of it, I don't think they asked me what my salary was, when I sent in the form.

this is my first job. :p

55what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 3 Empty Re: what is going on with investnow.lk Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:16 pm

mission

Chinwi wrote:
mission wrote:
u think they are going to come out with the same name... i dont think so... there will be so many people impersonating some of the credible people at investnow.lk in this site. who knows who will come as chinwi.. one day is enough to do the damage...

Hi mission , wow ! you remember me ! glad to see you again.

Hi monster, econ , acadamic , Hasi.... others.... IM HAPPY TO SEE athe GOOD PEOPLE ARE HERE.

mission, No one can come as me. I have already registered the same name here , long time ago indeed! I only forgot the PW. Now I got a new to my email.

Dear friends, for me its safe !

its same Chinwi :-)

hi hi chinwi... how could i forget u ha?.. glad to c u here too..

56what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 3 Empty Hi Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:05 pm

gamaya

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Good to see you Chinwi

57what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 3 Empty Re: what is going on with investnow.lk Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:01 am

Chinwi

Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

HI gamaya, mission ,
Cheers !

@econ,
-about margin T.
Actually the method I explained is somewhat different to MT with a broker.
The bank is called custodian bank for my shares deposited in a different CDS acct to gain margin facility . You can use any broker to deal with the share in that acct, not only your current broker.

In MT with broker , you have to use your original broker to so the trading.
Almost similar.

@mono,
1. NTB is giving that facility. Land vs OD for trading. Call NTB at Navam Mawatha .

2. Even you have no job, if you can prove your status, history & steady income to pay the monthly interests there is a good possibility to get margin facility against your shares from SAMP / COMB etc . without mortgaging the land.

(You do not have to prove you can pay Interest + monthly installment as in other loans , just the monthly interest. )

[I think we meet in a bad thread ! :-)]

Smile

58what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 3 Empty Re: what is going on with investnow.lk Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:59 pm

econ

econ
Global Moderator

@ chinwi.. > thanks for the info..
by the way are there any fixed fee do we need to pay other than interest when we use margin trading with banks?
I mean what if we do not take any margins still do we still need to pay some fixed cost for margin provider banks??

59what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 3 Empty MT Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:16 pm

Chinwi

Chinwi

@econ,

As far as I know, no other cost.

With some providers, I think you have to pay 1% or something of total value of shares transferred to their holding at the beginning. pl verify this also before selecting a provider.

@ newcomers,
MT is good in this kind of markets. you pay 13% interest per year and if you buy @ 10 and sell at least @ 11.50 even after 1 year you are safe. Most important - you have to know about you, your knowledge about finance & markets. I have seen newcomers who have 1-2 years experience in stock market go for MT and face lot of troubles with speculative shares.

60what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 3 Empty Re: what is going on with investnow.lk Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:36 pm

econ

econ
Global Moderator

Chinwi wrote:@econ,

As far as I know, no other cost.

With some providers, I think you have to pay 1% or something of total value of shares transferred to their holding at the beginning. pl verify this also before selecting a provider.

@ newcomers,
MT is good in this kind of markets. you pay 13% interest per year and if you buy @ 10 and sell at least @ 11.50 even after 1 year you are safe. Most important - you have to know about you, your knowledge about finance & markets. I have seen newcomers who have 1-2 years experience in stock market go for MT and face lot of troubles with speculative shares.

@ chinwi>
thanks for the reply.

61what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 3 Empty Re: what is going on with investnow.lk Mon May 23, 2016 5:21 pm

charith666lk

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

I saw this very old post. Its very interesting to read from the beginning.  So I pull the topic for reading who ever interested

62what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 3 Empty Re: what is going on with investnow.lk Mon May 23, 2016 6:25 pm

Chinwi

Chinwi

mono wrote:from that clip he's posted it looks like SEC people were involved. frankly, while this is not rehan's fault, something had to be done. it was getting out of hand. i'm willing to bet that a large chunk of PCH movement was because of the ad campaign on the site, i don't like how even MW goes about his business. his post are blatantly promotional and one sided. And these people like krishan & sumithre should have been banned a long time ago.

I think anyone can understand what happened by reading above comnt by mono. .

Good that you reignite this . The whole story was a good lesson to people who overuse forums for promotions.

Ultimately hard work done by Rehan and writings of many other contributors lost forever. There were rumors those days that SEC came after some individuals, cannot confirm.

63what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 3 Empty Re: what is going on with investnow.lk Mon May 23, 2016 8:06 pm

charith666lk

Chinwi I didn't see MW writing.. But he should be heck of a good writer to do such a impact on investors and should know the psychology of investors.. right?

64what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 3 Empty Re: what is going on with investnow.lk Mon May 23, 2016 9:50 pm

nimantha80

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

we were there in investors also. Sachith also there.Can remember more people
Chinwi
slstock
smallville
innam
stumpy
marketwatch
godswen
econ

good old days where chickens,LCEY,CFLB,PCH,ILLIQDS hit the roof

65what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 3 Empty Re: what is going on with investnow.lk Tue May 24, 2016 1:13 pm

cseguide

cseguide

nimantha80 wrote:we were there in investors also. Sachith also there.Can remember more people
Chinwi
slstock
smallville
innam
stumpy
marketwatch
godswen
econ

add cseguide
cse.see
as well.

innam is the best stock analyst  I have seen ever. where is he now.
I earned millions from one stock that good all days.

Last edited by cseguide on Tue May 24, 2016 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

66what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 3 Empty Re: what is going on with investnow.lk Tue May 24, 2016 1:29 pm

EquityChamp

EquityChamp

cseguide wrote:
nimantha80 wrote:we were there in investors also. Sachith also there.Can remember more people
Chinwi
slstock
smallville
innam
stumpy
marketwatch
godswen
econ

add cseguide
cse.see
as well.

innam is the best stock analysis I have seen ever. where is he now.
Ok where are those? Are those not interested about this forum now?
And also what about us?

67what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 3 Empty Re: what is going on with investnow.lk Tue May 24, 2016 1:34 pm

nimantha80

EquityChamp wrote:
cseguide wrote:
Chinwi
slstock
smallville
innam
stumpy
marketwatch
godswen
econ

add cseguide
cse.see
as well.

innam is the best stock analysis I have seen ever. where is he now.
Ok where are those? Are those not interested about this forum now?
And also what about us?
Some are in the other one.
http://forum.http://lankainvestor.freeforums.biz.com/

68what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 3 Empty Re: what is going on with investnow.lk Tue May 24, 2016 1:40 pm

charith666lk

Chinwi is with this forum and we should thank him for staying here helping new comers.. Don't know about Marketwatch.

69what is going on with investnow.lk - Page 3 Empty Re: what is going on with investnow.lk Tue May 24, 2016 1:48 pm

cseguide

cseguide

If innam watching us come and join us. New comers if you can search his old posts you can gain lots of knowledge.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum