FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by glad Today at 9:27 am

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by D.G.Dayaratne Yesterday at 7:28 am

» hSenid Business Solutions(HBS)
by K.R Fri May 17, 2024 9:08 am

» CBSL Pension Fund vs EPF
by God Father Thu May 16, 2024 9:13 am

» Nations Trust Bank: Consistent growth
by ErangaDS Wed May 15, 2024 8:46 am

» SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)
by soileconomy Wed May 15, 2024 4:01 am

» Falsified accounts and financial misrepresentation at Arpico Insurance PLC (AINS)
by DeepFreakingValue Tue May 14, 2024 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

EGO and EXPO

+10
subash81
Teller
nish84
Mr. X
sheildskye
Mithooshan
Vishwanarth
Love Boy
dayandacool
vikey
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1EGO and EXPO Empty EGO and EXPO Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:00 pm

vikey

Manager - Equity Analytics

Some people are plotting against EXPO.  Whenever EXPO wake up they knock the market down and control the price as well.  For someone, penny stocks are always penny stock.  If not, it’s funny that EXPO couldn’t rise above even showing such a huge profit.

Vishwanarth likes this post

2EGO and EXPO Empty Re: EGO and EXPO Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:10 pm

dayandacool

dayandacool

vikey wrote:Some people are plotting against EXPO.  Whenever EXPO wake up they knock the market down and control the price as well.  For someone, penny stocks are always penny stock.  If not, it’s funny that EXPO couldn’t rise above even showing such a huge profit.

Don't get married to shares!!! when they are over bought, sell them. When they are over sold, Buy them.

No rule in the universe that a share shall continuously rise.

Long term investors, well they don't give a damn on what is happening in CSE on a daily basis. There are very little long term investors in CSE Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

vikey and judecroos like this post

Baba2020 dislikes this post

3EGO and EXPO Empty Re: EGO and EXPO Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:14 pm

Love Boy

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Target price Rs.16/=

4EGO and EXPO Empty Re: EGO and EXPO Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:24 pm

dayandacool

dayandacool

Here it is... Market won't make a considerable Up or Down till the budget now in my opinion.

EXPO

EGO and EXPO Expo_o10

DIPD

EGO and EXPO Dipd_o10

vikey likes this post

5EGO and EXPO Empty Re: EGO and EXPO Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:30 pm

Vishwanarth

Whole market down. Not one or two

6EGO and EXPO Empty Re: EGO and EXPO Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:37 pm

dayandacool

dayandacool

Vishwanarth wrote:Whole market down. Not one or two
 I won't call it as whole market down, 16 point in RED doesn't sound that bad. However when EXPO and DIPD were making merry, the market too moved with them. They were market movers so to speak. EXPO is one of the high Cap shares. So you should expect to digest a few red pips along the way when these superstars go down.

On a positive note, Who is seeing the slow Rise of few sleeping Giants?  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

vikey, Kipling, RJ1010, Mithooshan and geesura like this post

7EGO and EXPO Empty Re: EGO and EXPO Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:39 pm

Mithooshan

dayandacool wrote:
Vishwanarth wrote:Whole market down. Not one or two
 I won't call it as whole market down, 16 point in RED doesn't sound that bad. However when EXPO and DIPD were making merry, the market too moved with them. They were market movers so to speak. EXPO is one of the high Cap shares. So you should expect to digest a few red pips along the way when these superstars go down.

On a positive note, Who is seeing the slow Rise of few sleeping Giants?  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Me. I actually entered when they are just about to wake up. Made some stupid moves. Hoping that at least one could give me a ride. That is all i need

dayandacool likes this post

8EGO and EXPO Empty Re: EGO and EXPO Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:08 pm

sheildskye

sheildskye

I have just busted my 10M trading quota otherwise I would have collected more expo

9EGO and EXPO Empty Re: EGO and EXPO Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:10 pm

sheildskye

sheildskye

Love Boy wrote:Target price Rs.16/=

This is by far the best joke I have heard this year!!!

Keshav, RJ1010 and Baba2020 like this post

10EGO and EXPO Empty Re: EGO and EXPO Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:21 pm

Mr. X

Mr. X

Bro.. Check your internet connection.. your message posted here after 1 1/2 month time...

Last edited by Mr. X on Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

vikey, thirucumaran, Baba2020 and geesura like this post

11EGO and EXPO Empty Re: EGO and EXPO Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:23 pm

nish84

Mr. X wrote:

Bro.. Check your internet connection.. your messaged posted here after 1 1/2 month time...
 ha ha haaaaaa....

vikey likes this post

12EGO and EXPO Empty Re: EGO and EXPO Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:23 pm

Teller

Teller

Hehheeee....interesting . So many people believe covid is favourable to them , if covid finish, no progress blahhj.. i think these are not investors . Investors always love to world and they follow ethics . We all want to covid free world .
Every action and reaction will have an impact to the market.
Example
World tea rubber production down , stock also limited , in such case tea,rubber prices up.
Due to raw material prices up , it will impact companies liky Tyre/CW Mackie/ etc. Some companies basic inputs rubber.
So negatives and postives to be identified

vikey and Vishwanarth like this post

13EGO and EXPO Empty Re: EGO and EXPO Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:12 pm

subash81

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Mr. X wrote:

Bro.. Check your internet connection.. your message posted here after 1 1/2 month time...

LaughingLaughingLaughing

vikey, nish84 and Dilip like this post

14EGO and EXPO Empty Re: EGO and EXPO Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:46 pm

Mithooshan

Dear friends,

There is one thing i learnt from experience today which i want to share with you.

Any share irrespective of Expo, Dipped, Tkyo or Haycarb learn to realize your profits if it goes up 15% to 20% within a day or two. If you check the history they always come down for a correction upon reaching a high price. Let it settle and re-enter at the right time.

Next time, I will exit Expo or any other share when it gives me a descent gain as a principle and re-enter upon a correction. I don’t mind if that principle back fires once in while because more of than not it won’t.

It is not easy earning money and it is even more difficult to maintain it. Hence, adopting strategies is key for stable growth.

This does not apply to long term investors who hold shares for longer time who doesn’t mind these fluctuations.

I would exit Expo after it breaks Rs.30 resistance and reconsider joining at the right time if and when it comes. Because for me, money doesn’t come easy.

This message was posted to share my learning and not to suggest this is the best way of doing things. I don’t want to see my friends loose their money where there is an opportunity to book profits and possibly buy low to have another edge.

Good Luck ! 🍀

shan31, dayandacool, Keshav, RJ1010, nish84, Win Win, subash81 and Chamal A like this post

15EGO and EXPO Empty Re: EGO and EXPO Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:52 pm

RJ1010

Mithooshan wrote:Dear friends,

There is one thing i learnt from experience today which i want to share with you.

Any share irrespective of Expo, Dipped, Tkyo or Haycarb learn to realize your profits if it goes up 15% to 20% within a day or two. If you check the history they always come down for a correction upon reaching a high price. Let it settle and re-enter at the right time.

Next time, I will exit Expo or any other share when it gives me a descent gain as a principle and re-enter upon a correction. I don’t mind if that principle back fires once in while because more of than not it won’t.

It is not easy earning money and it is even more difficult to maintain it. Hence, adopting strategies is key for stable growth.

This does not apply to long term investors who hold shares for longer time who doesn’t mind these fluctuations.

I would exit Expo after it breaks Rs.30 resistance and reconsider joining at the right time if and when it comes. Because for me, for me money doesn’t come easy.

This message was posted to share my learning and not to suggest this is the best way of doing things. I don’t want to see my friends loose their money where there is an opportunity to book profits and possibly buy low to have another edge.

Good Luck ! 🍀

Yea it’s a good strategy and was posted by Mr. Asoke Samarakoon very recently as well. My broker also reminds me to book profit when gains exceed 15% and re-enter if required at a lower price point.

Mithooshan likes this post

16EGO and EXPO Empty Re: EGO and EXPO Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:58 pm

MaJa

@ Mithooshan
I tend to agree with you, but better if we can follow the patterns rather exiting after the initial surge. Certain counters jump 10-15% for 2-3 times before taking a dip.
Best is to follow the technical patterns and individual judgement combined.

Mithooshan likes this post

17EGO and EXPO Empty Re: EGO and EXPO Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:02 pm

dayandacool

dayandacool

RJ1010 wrote:

There  is one thing i learnt from experience today which i want to share with you.

I would exit Expo after it breaks Rs.30 resistance and reconsider joining at the right time if and when it comes. Because for me, for me money doesn’t come easy.

Good Luck ! 🍀

Yea it’s a good strategy and was posted by Mr. Asoke Samarakoon very recently as well. My broker also reminds me to book profit when gains exceed 15% and re-enter if required at a lower price point.

Just to add, always do a little technical analysis too before you realize profits. If anyone checked the RI of DIPD and EXPO on Monday just after they release the QR, most of prudent traders would have exited. Even a simple candle stick showing weakness on the Bull is enough for you to Book profit and exit. There is always an entry later. But you don't strike Gold all the time. So a little analysis will help you not to quit prematurely. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

shan31, Mithooshan and nish84 like this post

18EGO and EXPO Empty Re: EGO and EXPO Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:08 pm

Mithooshan

@RJ1010, @MaJa and @dayandacool - Thank you. Honestly valuable insights for me to keep in mind moving forward

I always follow technical indicators to enter and i have made good entry points. I always feel worried at the exit point even though i know it is time and have a tendency to not to check technical indicators. Moving forward i will be more careful not to repeat the same mistakes because money doesn’t come into pockets everyday.

Sometimes a move which is not made also costs money.

Really appreciate the constructive views posted by all the gentlemen.

shan31 and dayandacool like this post

19EGO and EXPO Empty Re: EGO and EXPO Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:25 pm

MaJa

dayandacool wrote:
RJ1010 wrote:

There  is one thing i learnt from experience today which i want to share with you.

Good Luck ! 🍀

Just to add, always do a little technical analysis too before you realize profits. If anyone checked the RI of DIPD and EXPO on Monday just after they release the QR, most of prudent traders would have exited. Even a simple candle stick showing weakness on the Bull is enough for you to Book profit and exit. There is always an entry later. But you don't strike Gold all the time. So a little analysis will help you not to quit prematurely. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I fully agree with you. Just mentioned the same in my post above.
EXPO didnot follow the exact technicals during it s run up to 26 though. 😉

20EGO and EXPO Empty Re: EGO and EXPO Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:46 pm

Vishwanarth

I also absolutely fundamentals and technical oriented earlier. But rather than value of physical assets or net asset figures there are valuable demands or appreciations from the people . There are many companies which are having highest net asset figures but theirs prices are lagging at same value for years. GLASS, and Expo valuation from the customers are well above their accounting values. Peoples knows that. Those two stock give us life time learning.
As per today news SL will not be received any vaccine even mid of 2021.So socio economic atmosphere will be unpresidented one here.

dayandacool and judecroos like this post

21EGO and EXPO Empty Re: EGO and EXPO Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:25 pm

dayandacool

dayandacool

Vishwanarth wrote:I also absolutely fundamentals and technical oriented earlier. But rather than value of physical assets or net asset figures there are valuable demands or appreciations from the people . There are many companies which are having highest net asset figures but theirs prices are lagging at same value  for years. GLASS, and Expo valuation from the customers are well above their accounting values. Peoples knows that. Those two stock give us life time learning.
As per today news SL will not be received any vaccine even mid of 2021.So socio economic atmosphere will be unpresidented one here.

What you say could be true for Fundamental analysis. But technicals, most of the time they work. If you check properly, It has worked really well with the shares that you have mentioned. Nothing can be hidden from a chart. Thorough technical analysis on several angles will give you a proper edge over other traders. Smile

22EGO and EXPO Empty Re: EGO and EXPO Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:42 pm

jaya

This cannot be applied to all; better strategy would be 10-20% (similarly day trade) and exit and re-entry. Over 50% must be long term.

23EGO and EXPO Empty Re: EGO and EXPO Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:49 pm

dayandacool

dayandacool

MaJa wrote:
dayandacool wrote:
RJ1010 wrote:

Good Luck ! 🍀

If you checked the MACD of EXPO, It has given a Buy signal from 5 rs on wards and maintained it throughout till 23rd October until it rose to 18.5 rs. Again the buy appeared on 3rd November at 19.5 rs. Prudent trader would have sold as soon as the daily candle became a bearish engulfing at 27.3 rs. It is still giving a Bullish signal in MACD therefore all the buying back can be justified as long as candles remain bullish. :|Ideally, I would enter again only when I see a bullish candle on the daily Smile

EGO and EXPO Expooo10

heroxhere likes this post

24EGO and EXPO Empty Re: EGO and EXPO Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:06 pm

Hope123

dayandacool wrote:
MaJa wrote:
dayandacool wrote:
RJ1010 wrote:

Good Luck ! 🍀

If you checked the MACD of EXPO, It has given a Buy signal from 5 rs on wards and maintained it throughout till 23rd October until it rose to 18.5 rs. Again the buy appeared on 3rd November at 19.5 rs. Prudent trader would have sold as soon as the daily candle became a bearish engulfing at 27.3 rs. It is still giving a Bullish signal in MACD therefore all the buying back can be justified as long as candles remain bullish. :|Ideally, I would enter again only when I see a bullish candle on the daily Smile

EGO and EXPO Expooo10

Not only the MACD, even he ATR gives bullish signals. Further the expanded GAP-UP appears on day before yesterday completely being filed with todays volumes and it seems we could expect sort of an uptrend.

shan31, dayandacool and Mithooshan like this post

25EGO and EXPO Empty Re: EGO and EXPO Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:14 pm

MaJa

Thank you for the explanation @ dayandacool

dayandacool likes this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum