FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Today at 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Today at 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by God Father Today at 5:37 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Today at 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Today at 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Today at 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Yesterday at 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Yesterday at 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLCH - BIL - TJL Vs. CIFL (The Sad Story)

+13
swan03
SUSA74
Roboticfx
ashlee
Slstock
investor.sl
abra12
sajeethk
dragz
CSE.SAS
pitbull
suchithra
cseradar
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1FLCH - BIL - TJL Vs. CIFL (The Sad Story) Empty FLCH - BIL - TJL Vs. CIFL (The Sad Story) Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:12 am

cseradar

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Guys,
A strange thing that is difficult to understand... I deal with 2 broker firms and I consulted them on all below shares @ IPO... This is the answers I got...

FLCH - "It will go to at least 6.50 to 7.00 rupees - Don't sell.."
BIL - "Good share to buy from an IPO... You will get at least Rs. 1 gain"
TJL - "A very good share... Should reach 18.00 rupees... It's Brandix's 1st IPO.... - Buy from the IPO"
CIFL - "Don't buy this... It is going to be a disaster"

I don't have to tell you what happened to all 4 shares above... I followed their advice and it has all gone wrong...

Tell me - Are brokers taking me for a ride...? Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Mad bounce

FLCH - TJL and BIL - Will it have a future...? pale pale pale

suchithra

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

on this case, brokers are correct. I don't know other cases.

pitbull

pitbull
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

cseradar wrote:Guys,
A strange thing that is difficult to understand... I deal with 2 broker firms and I consulted them on all below shares @ IPO... This is the answers I got...

TJL - "A very good share... Should reach 18.00 rupees... It's Brandix's 1st IPO.... - Buy from the IPO"

I don't have to tell you what happened to all 4 shares above... I followed their advice and it has all gone wrong...

Tell me - Are brokers taking me for a ride...? Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Mad bounce

just follow your instincts !! n very importantly keep this in mind

BUY THE RUMOR ............ SELL THE NEWS .........................

P.E i jst enterd CSE 2/3 weeks back n i learnt it from this forum ....
btw HAPPY TRADING Basketball

CSE.SAS

CSE.SAS
Global Moderator

FLCH have very GOOD future ahead....

dragz

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Make your own decisions, I make my own because 2 weeks ago my broker advised me to get rid of CSD and invest in ATL or JINS Sad

sajeethk

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

i think FLCH and BIL have good future i will pick up soon cos still trading at below Rs 5/-

abra12

Manager - Equity Analytics

Do not forget that all the brokers working in broker firms are not experts.I believe most of the young brokers are less experience in trading even though they have enough academic qualifications.With the present trend of the CSE its always helpful to have a good experience to handle manipulated shares, fake rally's and inside trading,in addition to the knowledge of fundamental finance and technical data s.
We all know that there are a lot of experts in this forum and its better to read all the posts and make your own decision,if you feel your broker is not a good advisor.

investor.sl

investor.sl
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

me too had that sad story. but it was my own decision. Crying or Very sad

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

pitbull wrote:

just follow your instincts !! n very importantly keep this in mind

BUY THE RUMOR ............ SELL THE NEWS .........................

P.E i jst enterd CSE 2/3 weeks back n i learnt it from this forum ....
btw HAPPY TRADING Basketball

If you have holding power, FLCH,BIL, TJL are relatively decently priced IPO. Now trading below IPO. Hold for long term. Think what pricve FLCH and BIL would be in several years if you can hold.

ashlee

My advice is to hold FLCH.. That is a long term share with huge potential.. They are going to expand their energy sector( from currently 3.5 MW to 15 MW).. Energy sector will be very lucrative in the future.. Their proposed two 3* hotels and the rentable office space of 80000 sqft will bring in more revenue to the group.. At the current price level, it is very attractive..

Roboticfx

Roboticfx
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

CIFL is good to buy @ <13. It will raise up as it is a famous company. FLCH is also a good company. It will raise at least up to 5. But it is most suitable for long or mid term investment. Bil is usually good but it is turning around 4.70 these days. If you wish to do a day trading with it you can buy it @ 4.70 or @4.60 and sell it @ 4.80 or@ 4.90. That is profitable and you can do it several times in a month. My advice is don't believe the broker's saying. Analyze the market and take your own decision. That's my way. I didn't call to my broker since 3 weeks. You can get more ideas from this forum. Always Keep in touch. If you like please tell the name of your broker and the system that you are using
(online or manual?) Smile

SUSA74

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

I THINK CIFL BEHAVE AS NIFL SOON

swan03

Vice President - Equity Analytics

Im going to dump my FLCH on monday. Mad

Slstock

Slstock

swan03 wrote:Im going to dump my FLCH on monday. Mad

Any specific reason?

swan03

slstock wrote:

Any specific reason?

Bought from the IPO. Now its trading at 3.90-4.00. I dont have money though Crying or Very sad

pathfinder

pathfinder

cseradar wrote:
Guys,

Tell me - Are brokers taking me for a ride...?

FLCH - TJL and BIL - Will it have a future...?

My advice is don`t believe what the brokers say. They are humen!!!! Use your brain, study,do the home work before buying any stock. Punters may win in short term but will get a slap at any time.Still there are good stocks that are under valued.buy those without going behind punters.

ashlee

swan03 wrote:
slstock wrote:

Any specific reason?

Bought from the IPO. Now its trading at 3.90-4.00. I dont have money though Crying or Very sad

Havent you got anything else to sell? It touched 4.30 this week.. You might be able to sell it at a better price than 4..

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

swan03 wrote:
slstock wrote:

Any specific reason?

Same story with me.But I am going to hold on.

5.90ට දෙන්න තිබුනු වෙලාවේ තණ්හාව වැඩි කමට දුන්නේ නැහැ.දැන් හූල්ල - හූල්ල ඉන්නවා.
තණ්හාය ජායතී සෝකෝ කියන්නේ මේවට තමයි.

observe

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

CSERADAR,

if share volume is too big share price of good company may not be moved.e.g. BIL

CIFL share volume is not big.so it can be easily moved. i think that is the secret

Chinwi

Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Although I do not believe all the brokers, I can say your that your broker was correct at this time.
What he / she told you is correct.

All the 3 shares will make you rich. The last one was to be a disaster.

TJL came to the market at a bad time. CIFL holders were lucky it came at good time.

Somehow, do not take quick decisions about IPOs by watching the market price as they come. You have to wait at least 6 months to see their real value and future potential. . For FLCH you have to wait until it gather asset value prompting big people and funds to collect it and reduce the current liquidity.

---
P.S.

Today at Construction exhibition, CIFL sales persons approached me to sell FDs. They are giving 12% interest for 1 Year FD. If you come with a senior citizen it is 12.5 % .That means they have again taken a big risky decision to attract money. They may become winners if interest rates increased in the country. If not ?

swan03

ashlee wrote:
swan03 wrote:
slstock wrote:

Any specific reason?

Havent you got anything else to sell? It touched 4.30 this week.. You might be able to sell it at a better price than 4..

4.30 would be nice rather than 4.00. I have TAFL, GRAN, BFL, KOTA, JINS, MBSL, ODEL,UBC,GREG N and GREG W2. Sadly all are at a loss at the moment. So guys how should I come out from these losses?

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

swan03 wrote:
ashlee wrote:
swan03 wrote:
slstock wrote:

Any specific reason?

4.30 would be nice rather than 4.00. I have TAFL, GRAN, BFL, KOTA, JINS, MBSL, ODEL,UBC,GREG N and GREG W2. Sadly all are at a loss at the moment. So guys how should I come out from these losses?

Why are u hurry to cover the loss? GREG family may go up in near future.Without knowing the prices at which u are stucked difficult to tell anything.

swan03

Well Mr. Rijayasooriya,,

Here we go..

TAFL Bought at 177 and 155, 108, 127
GRAN - 176, 173
BFL - 325, 298, 275
MBSL - 51.10
ODEL - 50.10
JINS - 20.20, 19.80
KOTA - 177
UBC - IPO
FLCH - IPO
GREG N - 71
GREG W2 - 36.10

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

Of course little bit of mess. But U may be able to exit from GREG.If u sell FLCH it is 20% loss and it is realy undervalued and trading below even PP price(4.60)

ashlee

swan03 wrote:Well Mr. Rijayasooriya,,

Here we go..

TAFL Bought at 177 and 155, 108, 127
GRAN - 176, 173
BFL - 325, 298, 275
MBSL - 51.10
ODEL - 50.10
JINS - 20.20, 19.80
KOTA - 177
UBC - IPO
FLCH - IPO
GREG N - 71
GREG W2 - 36.10

I guess you should get rid of the counters that have a downward trend.. You may sell TAFL bought at 108 and 127 to cover your loses.. I don`t think TAFL is worth a share although it has its huge runs.. Looks like it is coming down.. Yehh it is a bit of a messy situ..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum