FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Today at 12:20 am

» Potential Super Gain with HSIG
by Investment 1st Today at 12:18 am

» ජනාධිපතිවරණය - 2024
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 pm

» The IMF's Monumental Malpractices and future of Sri Lanka
by ChooBoy Sat May 11, 2024 11:18 pm

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Fri May 10, 2024 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mystery Unresolved

+43
CSE.SAS
Jeremy
dinga
shehani.perera.1612
traderathome
Roboticfx
legalsupport
ananda95
The Alchemist
Hanoifortune
Fresher
sandunj
K.Haputantri
winston7157
Aubrey Perera
Jana1
yellow knife
rainmaker
D.G.Dayaratne
Wayne Abbott
sunimaldesilva
econ
m2_yapa
Leon
Chanuque
Market.Player
sadikeen
chami123
smallville
sriranga
Redbulls
Chinwi
Jiggysaurus
Kithsiri
seek
troy
yaka
Arena
Slstock
Hawk Eye
bullrun
player
Deepthi_Perera1971
47 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 12]

51Mystery Unresolved - Page 3 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:49 pm

Deepthi_Perera1971

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Smallville,

1. Personally I held 20% of Shares of CIFL. And Aspic Corporation Held the largest Stake of the Company. But I am not a director of CIFL. But as the Largest Stake holder I watched the Company closely and had many discussion with the Management. CIFL was operating and functioning properly up until 2012, January until the CBSL imposed deposit mobilizing Ban on them. I am not intending many comments about this because of many legal issues and court cases. When i comes to Rates, CIFL was not the only company offer higher rates. Even as at today many companies are offering the Same. But we must also factor the incidents that happen in 2008-2009 crisis. I remember there was withdrawals amounting to more than 600 million. That was more than double of the reserves company had. Some how CIFL managed to come back to Business, It took almost 2 years for the Revival, but as a company faced severe financial crisis it wont be able to perform as normal finance Company. I am not justifying what has happen, but reasoning out. You could understand if 20% depositors demands Deposits any fiance company it could go for a six.

2. In My opinion Touch wood and Mr. Maloney also in severe financial trouble at the Same time. And they are no more capable of the capital Infusion.

52Mystery Unresolved - Page 3 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:08 pm

smallville

Associate Director - Equity Analytics

Deepthi_Perera1971 wrote:Smallville,

1. Personally I held 20% of Shares of CIFL. And Aspic Corporation Held the largest Stake of the Company. But I am not a director of CIFL. But as the Largest Stake holder I watched the Company closely and had many discussion with the Management. CIFL was operating and functioning properly up until 2012, January until the CBSL imposed deposit mobilizing Ban on them. I am not intending many comments about this because of many legal issues and court cases. When i comes to Rates, CIFL was not the only company offer higher rates. Even as at today many companies are offering the Same. But we must also factor the incidents that happen in 2008-2009 crisis. I remember there was withdrawals amounting to more than 600 million. That was more than double of the reserves company had. Some how CIFL managed to come back to Business, It took almost 2 years for the Revival, but as a company faced severe financial crisis it wont be able to perform as  normal finance Company. I am not justifying what has happen, but reasoning out. You could understand if 20% depositors demands Deposits any fiance company it could go for a six.

2. In My opinion Touch wood and Mr. Maloney also in severe financial trouble at the Same time. And they are no more capable of the capital Infusion.

1) I Get it.. It can happen but at the same time, management would be too cautious if company is sinking.. And if few top ppl leave, ppl would even sense something.. U talk about a financial crisis.. What I ask is how it happened under a knowledgeable management team?

2) Maloney sold many TWOD shares, do u know whether he bought another farm or something in Thailand with that money then?

53Mystery Unresolved - Page 3 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:22 pm

Deepthi_Perera1971

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Hi Smallville

1. I am talking about the Crisis happen in 2007-08 at that time CIFL had invested Money in Asian Finance and Swarnamahal Financial Services about 300 Million. Both the Companies failed to pay CIFL back when we requested. I know a knowledgeable management team would have mitigated the crisis, as I said i am not justifying what has happened, But just explaining the circumstances.

2. I am sorry I don't Know about what Mr. Maloney did with the Sales Proceedings.

54Mystery Unresolved - Page 3 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:25 pm

chami123

Stock Trader

some people say the lands you bought under ASPIC been sold out to CIFL to high prices.is it true.

55Mystery Unresolved - Page 3 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:38 pm

Deepthi_Perera1971

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Chami,

Aspic never received any financial Consideration for any lands they have purchased or Sold to CIFL. there could be technical transactions between two companies to structure balance Sheet of the Company. But other than that Aspic Never received any Financial Considerations.

56Mystery Unresolved - Page 3 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:54 pm

Redbulls

Redbulls
Director - Equity Analytics

Deepthi_Perera1971 wrote:
You are saying he is in severe financial trouble, but see the below link and go through the TWOD trading before the right issue, how he sucked the retailers. Where he reinvested no one knows but you know very well, come on and tell the truth.

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/touchwood-investment-plc-at-glance.html

57Mystery Unresolved - Page 3 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:56 pm

Redbulls

Redbulls

Seems to be you are also one of the partner or respected employ with him right now.
http://touchwoodinvest.com/touchwood_cambodia.html

58Mystery Unresolved - Page 3 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:04 pm

sriranga

sriranga
Co-Admin

Deepthi did you receive my PM?

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

59Mystery Unresolved - Page 3 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:21 pm

Deepthi_Perera1971

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Hi Sri,

I replied to you

60Mystery Unresolved - Page 3 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:32 pm

sriranga

sriranga
Co-Admin

Deepthi_Perera1971 wrote:Hi Sri,

I replied to you
Thanks and replied to you.

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

61Mystery Unresolved - Page 3 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:45 pm

Deepthi_Perera1971

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

sriranga wrote:
Deepthi_Perera1971 wrote:Hi Sri,

I replied to you
Thanks and replied to you.
Thanks, Pls check your Inbox

62Mystery Unresolved - Page 3 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:57 pm

sadikeen

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Deepthi,

There are manything written about Maloney in this forum and elsewhere. What is your personal opinion about him as you have done some business transaction with him previously. How you trust him as a business associate.

63Mystery Unresolved - Page 3 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:00 pm

Market.Player

Market.Player
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Deepthi,
01. What do think about TWOD & CIFL future? Are both can survive in sri lanka or both collaps? Required clear answer.

02. What do you think about TWOD shares trading pattern in last few days. (25 Mn, 26 Mn, 48 Mn , 35 Mn).

64Mystery Unresolved - Page 3 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:03 pm

Deepthi_Perera1971

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

To Be honest, He have not done anything wrong to me. But his associates and staff are not genuine in my opinion. The little i work with him, he showed some honesty. But i also witnessed many people let him down in their commitments towards him. That resulted a failure to meet the obligations. I don,t know about 'the accuracy of all the comments, but for me He is a good Person.

65Mystery Unresolved - Page 3 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:14 pm

Deepthi_Perera1971

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Market.Player wrote:Deepthi,
01. What do think about TWOD & CIFL future? Are both can survive in sri lanka or both collaps? Required clear answer.

02. What do you think about TWOD shares trading pattern in last few days. (25 Mn, 26 Mn, 48 Mn , 35 Mn).
01. from the outset Touchwood has large asset base and a solid background. It faces a major cash flow issue i believe this is due to low confidence in the market. Which needs to be changed, it can be done only by bringing in Highly professional and respected people to the Board. And CIFL case is the Same, I feel if these could be merged or some joint operations together can make a big difference, But what i see is lack of commitment from people involve in the matters. Falling companies is not a abnormal scenario it happens all over the world, but every time people fight back, get together they make changes, which is the need at the moment. Unfortunalty that is what lacking at the moment, but in opinion both can survive

02. Simple, Some on making money from the volatility on the Board and management changes.

66Mystery Unresolved - Page 3 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:16 pm

Deepthi_Perera1971

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Market.Player wrote:Deepthi,

01. from the outset Touchwood has large asset base and a solid background. It faces a major cash flow issue i believe this is due to low confidence in the market. Which needs to be changed, it can be done only by bringing in Highly professional and respected people to the Board. And CIFL case is the Same, I feel if these could be merged or some joint operations together can make a big difference, But what i see is lack of commitment from people involve in the matters. Falling companies is not a abnormal scenario it happens all over the world, but every time people fight back, get together they make changes, which is the  need at the moment. Unfortunalty that is what lacking at the moment, but in opinion both can survive

02. Simple, Some on making money from the volatility on the Board and management changes.

67Mystery Unresolved - Page 3 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:29 pm

Market.Player

Market.Player

What do you think, Government MP's come to TWOD Board. Is this Good sign to TWOD or not?

68Mystery Unresolved - Page 3 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:54 pm

sadikeen

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Deepthi_Perera1971 wrote:To Be honest, He have not done anything wrong to me. But his associates and staff are not genuine in my opinion. The little i work with him, he showed some honesty. But i also witnessed many people let him down in their commitments towards him. That resulted a failure to meet the obligations. I don,t know about 'the accuracy of all the comments, but for me He is a good Person.
Thank you very much for your honest and diplomatic response.

However, given his experience and knowledge, it is difficult to believe someone of Maloney’s caliber could be cheated easily. Why do you think so his staff have cheated (= not genuine) on him, especially when others think he is the mastermind who had run away after cheating many.

69Mystery Unresolved - Page 3 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:27 pm

Deepthi_Perera1971

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Market.Player wrote:What do you think, Government MP's come to TWOD Board. Is this Good sign to TWOD or not?
Personally I feel a PLC has to be cleaner and less politicized. If i was saving the company i would look for different options.

70Mystery Unresolved - Page 3 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:33 pm

Deepthi_Perera1971

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

sadikeen wrote:
Deepthi_Perera1971 wrote:To Be honest, He have not done anything wrong to me. But his associates and staff are not genuine in my opinion. The little i work with him, he showed some honesty. But i also witnessed many people let him down in their commitments towards him. That resulted a failure to meet the obligations. I don,t know about 'the accuracy of all the comments, but for me He is a good Person.
Thank you very much for your honest and diplomatic response.

However, given his experience and knowledge, it is difficult to believe someone of Maloney’s caliber could be cheated easily.  Why do you think so his staff have cheated (= not genuine) on him, especially when others think he is the mastermind who had run away after cheating many.    
The general norm is if some one leave the country during a crisis is " Fled the country" people wants the directors or chairman's to remain in the country, and they wants solutions as well, Some times you need to travel meet people get help to sort out matters. So its early to comment like that. In many instances when i asked him about the issue he sincerely want to sort it out. I am not the best person to comment because my knowledge is less on the whole scenario. But what i realize for the little time i work with touch-wood was that the most senior employees were riding one directors back and often passing responsibilities to others. As i explain in other posts I never saw that commitment to salvage. I think its a dark scenario when it comes to crisis management.

71Mystery Unresolved - Page 3 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:41 pm

smallville

smallville

16:40:38
Market.Player wrote:What do you think, Government MP's come to TWOD Board. Is this Good sign to TWOD or not?
Personally I feel a PLC has to be cleaner and less politicized. If i was saving the company i would look for different options.
So u suspect political drama to happen behind the MP's induction?

72Mystery Unresolved - Page 3 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:42 pm

Chanuque

Chanuque
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Having read the entire thread very carefully, following are my impression on the former boss of CIFL PLC as follows :
The ex captain of CIFL knew and still knows what he was and is up to. Throughout the last three years time frame, we have experienced many man made setbacks along with the financial and the gold crunch at CSE and that has caused the tumbling of our bourse as a result of so called domino effect.
Knowing the fact that TWOD was getting into the spiral of asset valuation crisis, accepting TWOD bailout makes DEE|PER a boss without integrity. ROS|MAL in the other hand was disposing his quantity by using the technique called pumping and dumping at off stream. The duo seem did not and still do not care or understand the long tradition of corporate responsibilities towards stake holders.
With a new vision and mission, the both equities still got long term potentials in sector wise whatever the snapshot it has got now ..

73Mystery Unresolved - Page 3 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:42 pm

Market.Player

Market.Player

Personally I think Some Outside party is trying to Acquire TWOD & CIFL now. CIFL having a Licence. TWOD having Assets(But dought).
I think this known by some parties & they are playing with shares. Otherwise, it cant be trade this much of shares with upside pattern.
What do you think?

74Mystery Unresolved - Page 3 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:42 pm

Deepthi_Perera1971

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

smallville wrote:16:40:38
So u suspect  political drama to happen behind the MP's induction?
Could some Un-Due Influances

75Mystery Unresolved - Page 3 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:45 pm

Deepthi_Perera1971

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Market.Player wrote:Personally I think Some Outside party is trying to Acquire TWOD & CIFL now. CIFL having a Licence. TWOD having Assets(But dought).
I think this known by some parties & they are playing with shares. Otherwise, it cant be trade this much of shares with upside pattern.
What do you think?
Dont you think this could be a simple ,manipulation too. 'Last few years i notice that Investors buy when they feel, not when they understand. and some gain on this weakness.

76Mystery Unresolved - Page 3 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:53 pm

seek

Deepthi_Perera1971 wrote:  'Last few years i notice that Investors buy when they feel, not when they understand.
I like that comment.

77Mystery Unresolved - Page 3 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Leon

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Mr Deepthi..

Someone somewhere had told that the reason for CIFL crisis is investments in real estates.(To be specific purchase of lands in a foreign country) This had eaten the liquidity of the company. Is it true???

78Mystery Unresolved - Page 3 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:51 pm

m2_yapa

m2_yapa

Hello Mr. Deepthi why did you sell your stake of CIFL.

79Mystery Unresolved - Page 3 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:44 pm

Deepthi_Perera1971

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

[quote="Leon"]Mr Deepthi..

Someone somewhere had told that the reason for CIFL crisis is investments in real estates.(To be specific purchase of lands in a foreign country) This had eaten the liquidity of the company. Is it true???[/quote

Hi Leon,

No I can confirm there were No Foreign land purchase from CIFL. Thats a false information. But i understand the real estate investments are high in the company. And that creates a nin interest bearing assets which is the key issue to the problem.

80Mystery Unresolved - Page 3 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:02 pm

Deepthi_Perera1971

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

m2_yapa wrote:Hello Mr. Deepthi why did you sell your stake of CIFL.
Hello Mr. Yapa,

There were two occasions that I have sold my Shares. Once it was a Margin call by CT. that was in late 2012. Then I sold the rest of my shares somewhere mid January 2013 when i got to know the regulators involvement. But for your Information I never traded CIFL share. Since IPO till 2012 August I haven't sold a single Share. I only purchased. But when I realized the regulators involvement I thought its the best that I exit. But Aspic Corporations Share were sold after I transfer the Company, in January 2013. Which was beyond My control.

CIFL was something I was really passionate about, there were many offers came in the Past which I declined. the reason was the believe that we all had about this Company. If you look in to the Company's affairs in more bold and closer manner, IF CIFL faced liquidity Crisis in 2008, they have to stop their Lending Activities. So when were they commenced the Lending? So during this Period what was the position of the P&L of the Company. IS it showing a Loss, if yes is there a Loss in the balance Sheet now? If the answer is NO, Where is it then? As the Largest Share Holder I was concern about the Status of the Company. But what was to be done and what was our action? Only way was to increase the lending in a drastic manner to change the P&L which the directors Clearly Understood and CIFL was on a turning around Path. But few people acted in a manner where they couldn't See the Growth of this Company. Unfortunately i cant explain all of it in this public forum,

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum