FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Today at 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Today at 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Yesterday at 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Yesterday at 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Yesterday at 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Yesterday at 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

Everything is fake

+15
Rajaraam
nkuda
snandasiri
Appuhamy
swan03
2011_NewComer
opfdo
MarketW
sanjrox
Light of Hope
UKboy
smallville
anubis
sriranga
Stockmate
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Everything is fake - Page 2 Empty Re: Everything is fake Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:07 pm

nkuda

Manager - Equity Analytics

Stockmate wrote:Real run may start after the next blood bath (better to say blood flood)

I also think

27Everything is fake - Page 2 Empty Re: Everything is fake Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:09 pm

Rajaraam

Vice President - Equity Analytics

Stockmate wrote:Compare the today's turnover with last previous days'. Yesterfday's high turn over was completely due to Dhammike Perara's transactions( about 2b). If the bull has really come as some of you want us to believe ,today's drop in turnover is abnormal. Today's turn over will be about 1/15 of yesterday's turnover. Great?
Appuhamy and others want us to believe that bull has come and buy. He even insult us for telling the truth. By Monday Appuhamy and the clan will learn a lesson hard way.

Real run may start after the next blood bath (better to say blood flood)

You have a point. But Person whose name was mentioned is one of the HNWIs. Everybody was waiting till foreigners and HNWIs are return. So his retturn is good no? Foreigners also playing well in 2012 recording over Rs. 2 Billion net inflow.During last 6 market days their buy value is Rs. 2524 Mn whereas the sell value only Rs. 817 Mn.So on what basis you say this is a fake?And I think today is a quiet different day in compared to nomal days due to changes of the system. Anyway ressistance level you mentioned(5400) has broken on 22nd and it has surpassed 5500 too.Do you have any idea about new ressitance level pl.?

28Everything is fake - Page 2 Empty Re: Everything is fake Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:04 am

snandasiri

2011_NewComer wrote:
snandasiri wrote:
There are lot of problems with new system.Old GTC and GTD orders are vanished.So I think after fixing the problems, turnover may increase.

snandasiri - Yesterday they purged all the orders after 2.30, because of the upgrade. There was an announcement about it yesterday. May be you missed it.

Smile
Thanks bro. I missed it.

29Everything is fake - Page 2 Empty Re: Everything is fake Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:36 am

Stockmate

Rajaram
Your hopes about higher highs vanished. As I said be ready for the blood flood. It is already started. There may be a temporary stop tomorrow. But the the market will fall below 4900. I am tired of typing details. But this the crux of my untyped technical report.
Marvelous opportunity for swing trade in coming weeks. I had the one of the best swing trade last week.

30Everything is fake - Page 2 Empty Re: Everything is fake Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:05 pm

smallville

Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

I wish if 4700-4800 range can stay still..

31Everything is fake - Page 2 Empty Re: Everything is fake Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:33 pm

Rajaraam

Stockmate wrote:Compare the today's turnover with last previous days'. Yesterfday's high turn over was completely due to Dhammike Perara's transactions( about 2b). If the bull has really come as some of you want us to believe ,today's drop in turnover is abnormal. Today's turn over will be about 1/15 of yesterday's turnover. Great?
Appuhamy and others want us to believe that bull has come and buy. He even insult us for telling the truth. By Monday Appuhamy and the clan will learn a lesson hard way.

Dear stockmate,
When you posted this thread we requested you to give us your valuable views with charts so we could understand it nicely. But may be due to your busy shedule you could have not been able to give what we asked for. Anyway I thank you for your analysis already posted.

However as you predicted last week your blood flood didn't come. You said feb. 24 th turnover was very thin and that is abnomal . You have taken that point to support your blood bath prediction. But after that what happend? 28th turnover Rs. mn 5859,29th Rs. Mn. 1679,March 1st Rs.n.2596 and again yesterday only Rs.Mn. 403. Even in the best time like 2011 march there were 4 consecutive days that Turnover was very low compared to other days.
2011 March 12 = Rs Mn. 951
2011 March 11= Rs. Mn. 945
2011 March 15= Rs. Mn. 1290
2011 March 16= Rs. Mn. 903

All other market days turnover was nearly Rs.2 bn or mostly aboveRs. 2 bn. That is the nature of stock marketss. We cant expect higher turnover everyday. But if we look at the average daily turnover compared to Dec. 2011 it is now tremendouesly increasing.Pl. see following figures;

2011 oct. = Rs. Mn. 1328
2011 Nov. =Rs. Mn. 1033
2011 Dec. =Rs. Mn. 853
2012 jan. =Rs. Mn. 909
2012 feb. =Rs. Mn. 1636

During Feb. 2012 foreign buy value also has increased rapidly and in Feb. along net inflow is more than Rs. 2.2 Bn

May be I am wrong. But when consider above figures what we could say ? Market is improving or not? I guesss that You also didnt expect this much and that is why your prediction(last week) went wrong. Can u give us your analysis suporting with technical data and charts pl.

Last edited by Rajaraam on Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

32Everything is fake - Page 2 Empty Re: Everything is fake Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:40 pm

Redbulls

Redbulls
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Rajaraam wrote:

Dear stockmate,
When you posted this thread we requested you to give us your valuable views with charts so we could understand it nicely. But may be due to your busy shedule you could have not been able to give what we asked for. Anyway I thank you for your analysis already posted.
Rs. Mn.
However as you predicted last week your blood flood didn't come. You said feb. 24 th turnover was very thin and that is abnomal . You have taken that point to support your blood bath prediction. But after that what happend? 28th turnover Rs. mn 5859,29th Rs. Mn. 1679,March 1st Rs.n.2596 and again yesterday only Rs.Mn. 403. Even in the best time like 2011 march there were 4 consecutive days that Turnover was very low compared to other days.
2011 March 12 = Rs Mn. 951
2011 March 11= Rs. Mn. 945
2011 March 15= Rs. Mn. 1290
2011 March 16= Rs. Mn. 903

All other market days turnover was nearly Rs.2 bn or mostly aboveRs. 2 bn. That is the nature of stock marketss. We cant expect higher turnover everyday. But if we look at the average daily turnover compared to Dec. 2011 it is now tremendouesly increasing.Pl. see following figures;

2011 oct. = Rs. Mn. 1328
2011 Nov. =Rs. Mn. 1033
2011 Dec. =Rs. Mn. 853
2012 jan. =Rs. Mn. 909
2012 feb. =Rs. Mn. 1636

During Feb. 2012 foreign buy value also has increased rapidly and in Feb. along net inflow is more than Rs. 2.2 Bn

May be I am wrong. But when consider above figures what we could say ? Market is improving or not? I guesss that You also didnt expect this much and that is why your prediction(last week) went wrong. Can u give us your analysis suporting with technical data and charts pl.

You are right,but do not forget that most of the turnover came via crossings.
Some of them seem to be capital swaping between the group.
IMHO we need to wait and see.
I'm more towards stockmate view,may be I'm wrong. Time will give an answer.

33Everything is fake - Page 2 Empty Re: Everything is fake Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:25 pm

Rajaraam

Dear Redbulls,
You have a point. But most big transaction of HNWIs are handled through crossing. Look at the last week turnover Rs.11.15 Bn.

34Everything is fake - Page 2 Empty Re: Everything is fake Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:48 pm

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

Stockmate appears to have more market details on future deals and sentiments of the players of the bourse. The new system prevents using charting option due to some issues. Hence, difficult to have technical charts. We are left in the dark during this difficult hour. Let us pray & wait.

35Everything is fake - Page 2 Empty Re: Everything is fake Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:16 pm

Stockmate

Rajaraam
But my stand is still the same. Few crossings changed the situation postponing the blood bath. Foreign buying increased as rupee depreciated to unexpected levels. Foreigners made use of the opportunity.
Unexpected turning at any moment. Then read my post again.
Beware guys.

36Everything is fake - Page 2 Empty Re: Everything is fake Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:30 am

Tiger

Tiger
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Best time to invest is when there is lot of blood on the streets.

37Everything is fake - Page 2 Empty Re: Everything is fake Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:04 am

Rajaraam

Stockmate wrote:Rajaraam
But my stand is still the same. Few crossings changed the situation postponing the blood bath. Foreign buying increased as rupee depreciated to unexpected levels. Foreigners made use of the opportunity.
Beware guys.

In one post you mentioned that 3500 is also posible. On what basis you do such prediction. Or otherwise was that a general statement without a base. Good if you clarify. Otherwise some ppl may take this point serious.

38Everything is fake - Page 2 Empty Re: Everything is fake Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:11 pm

Rajaraam

Rajaraam wrote:
Stockmate wrote:Rajaraam
Beware guys.

In one post you mentioned that 3500 is also posible. On what basis you do such prediction. Or otherwise was that a general statement without a base. Good if you clarify. Otherwise some ppl may take this point serious.

stockmate, you expected a blood flood in end Feb. Now we are in mid march . Foreigners are continuesly buying. What is the problem?

39Everything is fake - Page 2 Empty Re: Everything is fake Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:38 pm

Stockmate

Rajaram

Some odd behaviour observed . Mean time Confused Mentality of investeors, Large crossings, increasing Foreign buy, low daily turnover signal that the market has almost hit the bottom. Market has been moving between 5400.-5500level for a considerable period. Earlier also I said we had better start collecting fundamentaly sound stocks. I am doing it now but being ready for any type of movement. Be careful with CREDIT.

But the horrible dream of another "Blood bath" still haunts in my mind. Even if a Bull comes do not expect a CHUBBY BULL but a BONNY BULL.

40Everything is fake - Page 2 Empty Re: Everything is fake Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:44 pm

Stockmate

The technical indicators I count on do not show that the market is going to make a U-turn. But if the market drags on for few more weeks /months we will be able to see the real situation. My strategy at this level is to invest only 30% of my capital until the movement is confirmed. If there happens to be a blood bath or the market U-turn is confirmed I invest another 40%.

41Everything is fake - Page 2 Empty Re: Everything is fake Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:00 pm

raa

To support what stockmate says, lets not compare turnover as that is significantly boosted by big deals and crossings. I feel a better indicator in this situation may be the daily number of trades.

I dont have the figures but i can bet that they are significantly lower than any point in 2011 even the last few months. Lots of ppl have got burnt and have left the market, others wont get in and the rest will hold on to what they already hold.

I do not feel that this market will fall below 5000 level still whether or not it deserves to go there. The last time in 2010 when the market was at 5000, there were fewer companies than there were now which affects the rate of increase or decrease which is not reflected by any technical analysis. Basically it should reduce the gap between the support and resistance levels derived from technical analysis Smile

42Everything is fake - Page 2 Empty Re: Everything is fake Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:38 pm

sriranga

sriranga
Co-Admin

raa wrote:To support what stockmate says, lets not compare turnover as that is significantly boosted by big deals and crossings. I feel a better indicator in this situation may be the daily number of trades.

I dont have the figures but i can bet that they are significantly lower than any point in 2011 even the last few months. Lots of ppl have got burnt and have left the market, others wont get in and the rest will hold on to what they already hold.

I do not feel that this market will fall below 5000 level still whether or not it deserves to go there. The last time in 2010 when the market was at 5000, there were fewer companies than there were now which affects the rate of increase or decrease which is not reflected by any technical analysis. Basically it should reduce the gap between the support and resistance levels derived from technical analysis Smile

Regarding Daily No of Trades
CSE Weekly report comparing each week with the previous year corresponding week.
http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_cse_report_file/weekly_report.pdf
For Example from last week ended 09/03/2012
Everything is fake - Page 2 Cse310

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

43Everything is fake - Page 2 Empty Re: Everything is fake Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:00 pm

raa

Thats interesting...

16-March-2012: Rs. 15.7bn done through 7,263 trades of 113.4mn shares
16-March-2011: Rs. 2.5bn done through 13,167 trades of 104mn shares

The number of trades is the big difference between where we were and where we are now and the point i was trying to make..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum