FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Sri Lanka: Stock Market Fraudsters with Criminal Prosecutions
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 5:29 pm

» Sri Lanka: Policy Challenge Addressing Poverty Vulnerability as the Economy Recovers
by ResearchMan Yesterday at 12:20 pm

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Equity Win Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu May 09, 2024 7:09 pm

» Sri Lanka: Country Information Report
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm

» Sri Lanka polls could risk economic recovery
by God Father Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by ResearchMan Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 pm

» Browns becomes world’s biggest tea exporter in deal with LIPTON
by sureshot Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm

» Colombo Stock Market: Over Valued against USD!
by ResearchMan Wed May 08, 2024 12:49 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by D.G.Dayaratne Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

See the reality now

+18
Appuhamy
raa
lemuria
Redbulls
Rajaraam
illuminati
Dileepa
Leo
anubis
mark
mithila abeysekera
rishanpossitive
FXX
sriranga
hunter
K.Haputantri
smallville
Stockmate
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26See the reality now - Page 2 Empty Re: See the reality now Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:09 pm

Rajaraam

Vice President - Equity Analytics

If someone wants to tumble the ASPI or move up, he needs to play with the high cap shares namely JKH,CARS,SLTL etc.
Which I do not think that much one can do.
This is Sri Lanka if they want they can do whatever they want..
Redbulls
Manager - Equity Analytics

Yes Redbulls, Under any circumpstance.

27See the reality now - Page 2 Empty Re: See the reality now Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:58 am

Stockmate

After the new system was implemented my DirectFN gives wrong charts. So I can not publish charts. My broker says they are updating the system . It is not yet over.

28See the reality now - Page 2 Empty Re: See the reality now Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:00 am

FXX

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Stockmate wrote:After the new system was implemented my DirectFN gives wrong charts. So I can not publish charts. My broker says they are updating the system . It is not yet over.
7th of march they going to release a new version
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t16417-directfn-wrong-data

29See the reality now - Page 2 Empty Re: See the reality now Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:06 am

Stockmate

Do not separate the stock market from the current economy. It can not stand alone. Now we must watch the economy more closely. Economy is hell bent. There is nothing to be happy about the economy and the people
who handle it.
Pay attention to:-
Rupee depreciation
Trade balance
Debt
Government giving priority to wrong projects
Economic recession in Europe
ect

Foreign presence improves when the rupee weakens.

30See the reality now - Page 2 Empty Re: See the reality now Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:53 am

K.Haputantri

Co-Admin

Stockmate wrote:After the new system was implemented my DirectFN gives wrong charts. So I can not publish charts. My broker says they are updating the system . It is not yet over.

Thank you Stockmate. New system is killing us. Puwak gahe naggath debeleyak. Monawa karannada Dr.TK save us from this mess.

31See the reality now - Page 2 Empty Re: See the reality now Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:53 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

Stockmate wrote:Do not separate the stock market from the current economy. It can not stand alone. Now we must watch the economy more closely. Economy is hell bent. There is nothing to be happy about the economy and the people
who handle it.
Pay attention to:-
Rupee depreciation
Trade balance
Debt
Government giving priority to wrong projects
Economic recession in Europe
ect

Foreign presence improves when the rupee weakens.

well,thats a very good point..

i like to highlight

There is nothing to be happy about the economy and the people who handle it

32See the reality now - Page 2 Empty Re: See the reality now Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:27 am

raa

Economy is showing short term uncertainty... I am still positive on the long term so do not worry too much just yet.

The rupee depreciation was necessary and is a painful correction that needs to happen. Hopefully it will find some equilibrium close to 130 and not keep free falling.

The govt needs to raise capital with all this negative news. If they wait longer, it will be harder as yields have already started going up for sovereign debt. Expect another sovereign issue in the next 3 months (if they are smart).

In terms of corporate earnings, they had to taper off at some point. Just because they aren't growing across the board does not make mean we are suffering. Now we are at a point where you have to pick and choose your stocks as there will be earnings volatility. The market is maturing now... Still plenty of opportunity

Any news like sanctions against Sri Lanka will send the market tumbling down in my opinion. Might be unwarranted but still will have an impact. However, China and India will continue to be our primary backers so the situation isn't as bad as it may look to get.

Interest rates will not keep going up forever.

Just some thoughts to ponder.

33See the reality now - Page 2 Empty Re: See the reality now Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:45 am

Stockmate

raa

I agree with all your points. The effect of factors do not effect on all equally. It depends on your investment strategy. Long tern, medium term, short term, Swing trading and day trading etc. If you have a strategy and you are seasoned in it there is nothing to worry.
For long term investors time has come to start collection. For swing traders also it is great. But you have to pick the correct shares.
Those who takes decisions based on news, rumors will continue to fall in trouble.
When you read various posts here you will realize that some are trying to push the market up. They get angry if some one says that the market is not going to turn around soon.

For example I met a person at a wedding last saturday. He has invested 400K in last December as some one had told him the market would rise after January 2012. He needs his money By April for his daughters wedding. By now his portfolio value has dropped by 40%. So he is in trouble.

Last edited by Stockmate on Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added few more lines)

34See the reality now - Page 2 Empty Re: See the reality now Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:42 pm

Rajaraam

illuminati wrote:
rishanpossitive wrote:"Brokers did their best to maintain the indices ( ASPI & Milanka) without falling with the help,of the new system. ".
This is absolutely wrong.I think most of here are related to broker firms,They don't know nothing.There are lot of people ahead of them who controls market,HNWI and funds.Broker firms did nothing these days market is kept green by some high cap shares like JKH,SLT,DIAL.Do you think brokers put orders to these shares.Noo.Nobody knows. Very Happy Very Happy

My bearish mood will not change until posts of this nature disappear from the forum. We see quite a few Positives, Rajas and 123s still active, who fail to to see the obvious or wish to suppress the truth to mislead others.
a fols.nd locals are

We are not misleading. You have already done that. Your blood bath is still to come. But may be now you refer to sudda as " moda sudda" coz the market is stable. Those days you said "sudda is wise" and locals are fools.

35See the reality now - Page 2 Empty Re: See the reality now Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:36 pm

Appuhamy

kanna onaa welawata kabaraya thalagoya karanawa... Useless fellow...

36See the reality now - Page 2 Empty Re: See the reality now Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:22 am

kam2011

Stockmate wrote:I was so sure about a blood bath last week. But it was not so. So you were all taken for a ride by the market behavior.
But all the signs of a blood bath are still there more clearly than before. Brokers did their best to maintain the indices ( ASPI & Milanka) without falling with the help,of the new system.
But next ten days is going to be great for swing traders.

Some may charge that I am going to push the market down to collect at low rates. They make me laugh.

Today JKH shares worth over 14.5 bn purchased by a malaysian company. I believe they are not mad.Is this the blood bath you said dear?

37See the reality now - Page 2 Empty Re: See the reality now Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:31 am

manula

raa wrote:Economy is showing short term uncertainty... I am still positive on the long term so do not worry too much just yet.

The rupee depreciation was necessary and is a painful correction that needs to happen. Hopefully it will find some equilibrium close to 130 and not keep free falling.

The govt needs to raise capital with all this negative news. If they wait longer, it will be harder as yields have already started going up for sovereign debt. Expect another sovereign issue in the next 3 months (if they are smart).

In terms of corporate earnings, they had to taper off at some point. Just because they aren't growing across the board does not make mean we are suffering. Now we are at a point where you have to pick and choose your stocks as there will be earnings volatility. The market is maturing now... Still plenty of opportunity

Any news like sanctions against Sri Lanka will send the market tumbling down in my opinion. Might be unwarranted but still will have an impact. However, China and India will continue to be our primary backers so the situation isn't as bad as it may look to get.

Interest rates will not keep going up forever.

Just some thoughts to ponder.

@KAM...See the comments from raa...confirmed by sotckmate also. Foreigners buying long term investment...like JKH,COMB etc... not for short term... if you can hold will be fine..in long run
But many our investors want price to increase and good gain with in one day ???

38See the reality now - Page 2 Empty Re: See the reality now Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:35 am

aj

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

You know what? This JKH sale is a selling. Some would say foreigners are buying.
But the reality is,

this is the same as central bank selling dollars to defend the currency.

They sell dollars, they sell city properties, they sell whole chunks of portfolios. Sri Lanka is selling this and that to keep afloat. This net foreign inflow thing is now misleading.

39See the reality now - Page 2 Empty Re: See the reality now Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:58 am

kam2011

aj wrote:You know what? This JKH sale is a selling. Some would say foreigners are buying.
But the reality is,

They sell dollars, they sell city properties, they sell whole chunks of portfolios. Sri Lanka is selling this and that to keep afloat. This net foreign inflow thing is now misleading.

OK. But whats wrong? Malaysians buy this share coz it is worth no. They are not fools. And what's wrong of selling shares of a listed company to a foreigner? It is good no? Coz that could increase foreign net inflow.
Anyway many ppl said Geneva and so much baila to discourage investors coming to our market. Now at the peak of Geneva drama Malaysians are investing Billians here. What a good news friend.

40See the reality now - Page 2 Empty Re: See the reality now Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:04 am

raa

I see your point aj. I wouldn't say its misleading but the government is in dire need to build their foreign reserves. Maybe better policy management and foresight months ago could have avoided this instead of having to depend on foreign buying sort of bail out like this JKH sale. In any case, the foreign party will hold JKH for 3-5 years earning good dividends and sell out at a capital gain. We can hope that by then our reserves are healthier that we can let them exit without causing any forex price volatility.

Ideally, they should change policy to curb imports - I think the boom in the car market and car imports can and should be curtailed to reduce our import bill. Everybody talks about import substitution but that's a long term goal that the government cannot reach now. The best is to curtail imports steadily so that foreign inflows like FDI, Capital investments, Bond issues, and Remittances can out grow trade deficit.

Subsidies for fuel and fuel related services (like electricity) need to be reduced. The problem is that the government tried so hard to fight the change instead of finding effective and gradual ways to phase it in. I blame the Central Bank for not seeing that this was going to be a problem. Instead they wait till there is no other alternative and then make big fuel hikes and price changes to electricity...obviously there is going to be a lot of unrest and negativity!

Lets hope this is a short term fix with a long term solution and not the goverment resorting to short term fixes like this everytime.

41See the reality now - Page 2 Empty Re: See the reality now Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:12 am

kam2011

Thank you raa. You have explained it very clearly with nice words.

42See the reality now - Page 2 Empty Re: See the reality now Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:29 am

rishanpossitive

aj wrote:You know what? This JKH sale is a selling. Some would say foreigners are buying.
But the reality is,

aj looserrrrrrrrrrrrr

43See the reality now - Page 2 Empty Re: See the reality now Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:13 pm

aj

By the way, today's massive contributor to the index is SLTL. JKH is also a negative contributor.

44See the reality now - Page 2 Empty Re: See the reality now Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:29 pm

kam2011

aj wrote:By the way, today's massive contributor to the index is SLTL. JKH is also a negative contributor.

YES, YOU ARE CORRECT. BUT ALL SECTORS ARE GREEN.

45See the reality now - Page 2 Empty Re: See the reality now Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:42 pm

dumi

dumi
Stock Trader

raa wrote:
Subsidies for fuel and fuel related services (like electricity) need to be reduced. The problem is that the government tried so hard to fight the change instead of finding effective and gradual ways to phase it in. I blame the Central Bank for not seeing that this was going to be a problem. Instead they wait till there is no other alternative and then make big fuel hikes and price changes to electricity...obviously there is going to be a lot of unrest and negativity!

Lets hope this is a short term fix with a long term solution and not the goverment resorting to short term fixes like this everytime.

Spot on raa.... Isnt that what Ranils Govt tried to do by price fomula?

46See the reality now - Page 2 Empty Re: See the reality now Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:23 pm

rishanpossitive

rishanpossitive wrote:"Brokers did their best to maintain the indices ( ASPI & Milanka) without falling with the help,of the new system. ".
This is absolutely wrong.I think most of here are related to broker firms,They don't know nothing.There are lot of people ahead of them who controls market,HNWI and funds.Broker firms did nothing these days market is kept green by some high cap shares like JKH,SLT,DIAL.Do you think brokers put orders to these shares.Noo.Nobody knows. Very Happy Very Happy

As i said broker huts can't maintain index as they want,we so the reason for JKH move today.Remember the fact that there are more higher people who control market than brokers.ASI 4000 or 6000 depent on these people and institutions not on GENEVA or other reasons.They will hardly have a effect.Today we may have got the trigger for the green market.Lets wait and see.

47See the reality now - Page 2 Empty Re: See the reality now Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:53 pm

manula

rishanpossitive wrote:

As i said broker huts can't maintain index as they want,we so the reason for JKH move today.Remember the fact that there are more higher people who control market than brokers.ASI 4000 or 6000 depent on these people and institutions not on GENEVA or other reasons.They will hardly have a effect.Today we may have got the trigger for the green market.Lets wait and see.

This is temporary increase only ..due to JKH move ... but we want the stable market with investor confidence.

48See the reality now - Page 2 Empty Re: See the reality now Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:49 pm

Rajaraam

manula wrote:
rishanpossitive wrote:

This is temporary increase only ..due to JKH move ... but we want the stable market with investor confidence.

I dont think so. From mid Feb. Foreigners are buying and locals are selling. Without taking in to consideration today's big deal if we work out net foreign inflow it is more than 2.5 bn for this year. First 4 days of this week alone foreign net inflow exceeds Rs. 400 mn. So any moment local HNWIs too be active. If our economic situation is considered as worst do you think foreigners invest like this? I believe we can see a U tern quickly.

49See the reality now - Page 2 Empty Re: See the reality now Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:25 pm

sriranga

sriranga
Co-Admin

Rajaraam wrote:
manula wrote:
rishanpossitive wrote:

I dont think so. From mid Feb. Foreigners are buying and locals are selling. Without taking in to consideration today's big deal if we work out net foreign inflow it is more than 2.5 bn for this year. First 4 days of this week alone foreign net inflow exceeds Rs. 400 mn. So any moment local HNWIs too be active. If our economic situation is considered as worst do you think foreigners invest like this? I believe we can see a U tern quickly.

See the reality now - Page 2 Ja10
See the reality now - Page 2 Fema11

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

50See the reality now - Page 2 Empty Re: See the reality now Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:48 am

manula

Rajaraam wrote:
manula wrote:
rishanpossitive wrote:

As I told many time.. the foreigners are buying for long term... money will not flow so market will have a small bull run for few days... then it will be flat again. If EPF use the money form this deal in CSE again their will be some push for the market..but surely they will use to cover the debts... Previously we are waiting for the meeting rumors ...and now watching the foreign buying to decide the market...

As I think market will be good in long term... as many foreign countries are investing in the SL.. in different projects..

51See the reality now - Page 2 Empty Re: See the reality now Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:49 pm

Rajaraam

Thank u sri, You have given foreign trade details on daily basis. This would be very useful for the ppl who like to analyze the foreign investors behaviour in our market..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum