FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:48 pm

» COCR IN TROUBLE?
by bkasun Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:43 pm

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by eradula Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Maharaja advise - April 2024
by celtic tiger Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:01 am

» Srilanka's Access Engineering PLC think and Win
by Dasun Maduwantha Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:40 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am

» ‘Port City Colombo makes progress in attracting key investments’
by samaritan Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

» Mahaweli Reach Hotels (MRH.N)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:25 pm

» THE KANDY HOTELS COMPANY (1983) PLC (KHC.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by ddrperera Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:09 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Beyondsenses Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 am

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:37 am

» Sri Lanka confident of speedy debt resolution as positive economic reforms echoes at IMF/WB meetings
by samaritan Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

See the reality now

+18
Appuhamy
raa
lemuria
Redbulls
Rajaraam
illuminati
Dileepa
Leo
anubis
mark
mithila abeysekera
rishanpossitive
FXX
sriranga
hunter
K.Haputantri
smallville
Stockmate
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1See the reality now Empty See the reality now Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:58 pm

Stockmate

Manager - Equity Analytics

I was so sure about a blood bath last week. But it was not so. So you were all taken for a ride by the market behavior.
But all the signs of a blood bath are still there more clearly than before. Brokers did their best to maintain the indices ( ASPI & Milanka) without falling with the help,of the new system.
But next ten days is going to be great for swing traders.

Some may charge that I am going to push the market down to collect at low rates. They make me laugh.

Last edited by Stockmate on Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added few more lines)

2See the reality now Empty Re: See the reality now Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:15 pm

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

I thought I shoud not look at the charts for next week or so..
Also thinking whether I should sell my last few tiny qty of remaining shares and collect lower than that or forget and hold.. Wink

3See the reality now Empty Re: See the reality now Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:22 pm

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

Stockmate wrote:I was so sure about a blood bath last week. But it was not so. So you were all taken for a ride by the market behavior.
But all the signs of a blood bath are still there more clearly than before. Brokers did their best to maintain the indices ( ASPI & Milanka) without falling with the help,of the new system.

Some may charge that I am going to push the market down to collect at low rates. They make me laugh.

Thanks for your expert openion. Can you support your point with technical charts. That will be useful for novices.

4See the reality now Empty Re: See the reality now Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:54 pm

hunter

hunter

I am waiting to collect below ASI 4000. Wonder how long I should wait.
My estimate is within 2~3 months.

BTW: Political situation might even make it within weeks

5See the reality now Empty Re: See the reality now Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:10 pm

sriranga

sriranga
Co-Admin

Stockmate wrote:I was so sure about a blood bath last week. But it was not so. So you were all taken for a ride by the market behavior.

Thanks mate for your valuable comments which I always appreciate.

http://sharemarket-srilanka.blogspot.co.uk/

6See the reality now Empty Re: See the reality now Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:26 pm

FXX

FXX
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Stockmate wrote:

Few members who brought share for higher price dont like to see Threads saying "ASI will go down" ,as always they just say some try to push the market down to collect low. I didn't had time to look in to charts and bit pissed cus in DFN candlesticks lower shadow end in hell, but so many people saying what u said so lets wait and see

7See the reality now Empty Re: See the reality now Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:35 pm

rishanpossitive

FXX wrote:
Stockmate wrote:

Few members who brought share for higher price dont like to see Threads saying "ASI will go down" ,as always they just say some try to push the market down to collect low. I didn't had time to look in to charts and bit pissed cus in DFN candlesticks lower shadow end in hell, but so many people saying what u said so lets wait and see

FXX big bear,feel sorry for you no ones selling for you know??

"but so many people saying what u said" nice try.right now so many people are waiting without panicking.

8See the reality now Empty Re: See the reality now Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:36 pm

FXX

FXX

rishanpossitive wrote:
FXX wrote:
Stockmate wrote:

FXX big bear,feel sorry for you no ones selling for you know??

"but so many people saying what u said" nice try.right now so many people are waiting without panicking.

im not buying anything these days so i dont need anyone to sell me anything Very Happy

9See the reality now Empty Re: See the reality now Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:47 pm

rishanpossitive

"Brokers did their best to maintain the indices ( ASPI & Milanka) without falling with the help,of the new system. ".
This is absolutely wrong.I think most of here are related to broker firms,They don't know nothing.There are lot of people ahead of them who controls market,HNWI and funds.Broker firms did nothing these days market is kept green by some high cap shares like JKH,SLT,DIAL.Do you think brokers put orders to these shares.Noo.Nobody knows. Very Happy Very Happy

10See the reality now Empty Re: See the reality now Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:24 pm

mithila abeysekera

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

dont be so negative.... the mentality has changed..... lot of people saw how people like you collected shares for almost half the price last few weeks and our idiots sold what they had and now crying..... you guys cashed in this week and now hoping the same will happen again....... hmmmmmmmmmmm... will be hard this time cause the margins will be more tighter this time cause more are ready to play your guys game... so it will hit the bottom at 5350 max.... my prediction is.. as soon as the word comes that UNHRC is cleared the market will run up for two three days like bulls and people will cash in and it will end around 5600 to 5700 for some time till the next good or bad news thats going to effect it.... but most likely it will go down gradually but not yet as you says... right now all r waiting for some good news to boost and cash in....

11See the reality now Empty Re: See the reality now Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:46 am

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

I dnt know why,but market dont come down fast as i expects Rolling Eyes
my only issue is this damn trading platform,it makes market up confused

12See the reality now Empty Re: See the reality now Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:58 am

anubis

I did a lot of buying on 13/14 of february when the market went down, here's how my portfolio looked then:

https://2img.net/h/oi39.tinypic.com/2a5dnix.jpg (14/02/2012)

Within a couple of days the market went up, more than I expected:

https://2img.net/h/oi41.tinypic.com/qqoky0.jpg (23/02/2012)

About a week ago I decided to get out from some of the counters with a small amount of profit. This is how my portfolio looks like now:

https://2img.net/h/oi41.tinypic.com/sobdc8.jpg

I'm a bit sceptic about the market, this is why I decided to back off a little. Following are my reasons:

- Quarterly reports of many companies are OK, but not "impressive" IMHO (except for few).

- Given the unstable economic conditions (floating of rupee, unstable policies, fuel price hike, credit growth cap on banks, increasing interest rates etc.) It's bit hard to imagin that the next couple of months would bring a lot of profits for companies. I don't intend to mean that they'll do bad, but I can hardly see how they'll do better than what they are doing now.

- Market psyche: from this forum, day to day trading activities and from the news I'm seeing, I got the feeling that market is struggling to keep it's current position. I fear that a small negative fall could bring an avalanche with it.

- Can there be a positive change in economic conditions that could boost the market mentality within the year? I can hardly think of one.

Please note that I'm not an expert, I started trading from 2011, so don't take my word serious (and as you can see, I'm a puny little retailer). I'm just explaining what I did and the reasons for doing so. Market can go either way - and I'm prepared for both Smile

Cheers!

13See the reality now Empty Re: See the reality now Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:25 am

Leo

Leo

K.Haputantri wrote:

Thanks for your expert openion. Can you support your point with technical charts. That will be useful for novices.

My DFN technical charts are Totally wrong after the updation. Has anybody experienced errors in the charts? From the updation date, yet no turnover or volume graf working.

14See the reality now Empty Re: See the reality now Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:52 am

Dileepa

It is very clear that new system can be manipulated easily.
ASI we are looking at is not the actual ASI but a manipulated figure.
For example all of following symbols have traded less than 100 shares, but at a highly exaggerated price.
Price difference between last trade to current bid shows the real picture.
You think your shares are valued at Rs.x,
but in reality you can't get no where close to that value if you decided to sell.
See the reality now Mmm10
In my opinion actual ASI is about 6~8% less than what is shown.
In yesterdays case, although the ASI is shown as 5460 actual may be as low as 5000~5100.

15See the reality now Empty Re: See the reality now Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:58 am

illuminati

rishanpossitive wrote:"Brokers did their best to maintain the indices ( ASPI & Milanka) without falling with the help,of the new system. ".
This is absolutely wrong.I think most of here are related to broker firms,They don't know nothing.There are lot of people ahead of them who controls market,HNWI and funds.Broker firms did nothing these days market is kept green by some high cap shares like JKH,SLT,DIAL.Do you think brokers put orders to these shares.Noo.Nobody knows. Very Happy Very Happy

My bearish mood will not change until posts of this nature disappear from the forum. We see quite a few Positives, Rajas and 123s still active, who fail to to see the obvious or wish to suppress the truth to mislead others.

16See the reality now Empty Re: See the reality now Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:13 am

Rajaraam

Vice President - Equity Analytics

rishanpossitive wrote:"Brokers did their best to maintain the indices ( ASPI & Milanka) without falling with the help,of the new system. ".

Absolutely .

17See the reality now Empty Re: See the reality now Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:29 am

FXX

FXX

Leo wrote:
My DFN technical charts are Totally wrong after the updation. Has anybody experienced errors in the charts? From the updation date, yet no turnover or volume graf working.

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t16417-directfn-wrong-data

on 7th March they are going to do a new release

18See the reality now Empty Re: See the reality now Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:29 pm

Rajaraam

Dileepa wrote:It is very clear that new system can be manipulated easily.
For example all of following symbols have traded less than 100 shares, but at a highly exaggerated price.
but in reality you can't get no where close to that value if you decided to sell.
In yesterdays case, although the ASI is shown as 5460 actual may be as low as 5000~5100.

Dear Dileepa,
May be you are trying to say that the possibility of manipulating is much easier with the new system than the old one.Yes I too agree with you to some extent. But in the same time if someone can do so with one or two shares even a small investor too take action against that. Isn't it?

However , I cant agree with your view on the ASI figures. It is a totaly wrong asumption based on incorrect numbers and it would misguide the small investors. May be you have not done that intentionaly and you wanted to invite the attention of the members on the weakness of the new system.
Anyway, I just collected actual figures from JBS website and found that sale of small quantities by any party(either brokers or manifulaters )yesterday has not pushed the ASI or MILANKA up.

I will give below the actual figures relating to the shares you mentioned These details include price change(+ or -),volume of sale, and affect to index by each counter:

PARA
-Price change = +95.00
-Volume = 1
-Affect to Index =+0.03

IDL
-Price change = + 4.90
-Volume = 5
-Affect to Index =+0.06

JFIN
-Price change = +9.10
-Volume = 99
-Affect to Index =+0.87

ASHA
-Price change = (-14.00)
-Volume = 2
-Affect to Index =(-0.85)

MSL
-Price change = +51.30
-Volume = 26
-Affect to Index = +0.40

AGST
-Price change = (-1.00)
-Volume = 2
-Affect to Index =(-0.84)

SFL
-Price change = +17.00
-Volume = 1
-Affect to Index = +0.29

TANG
-Price change = (-2.00)
-Volume = 1
-Affect to Index = (-0.11)

ASHO
-Price change = (-3.60)
-Volume = 1
-Affect to Index = (-0.04)

According to above figures total positive= 1.65 and Total negative 1.84. Therfore net effect to the ASI is negative 0.19. That means instead of ASI increase, the above transaction has brought down the ASI by 0.19 points . So Small sales have not affected to enhance the indices.

Last edited by Rajaraam on Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:14 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling correction)

19See the reality now Empty Re: See the reality now Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:34 pm

Redbulls

Redbulls
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics

Rajaraam wrote:
Dileepa wrote:It is very clear that new system can be manipulated easily.

Dear Dileepa,
May be you are trying to say that the possibility of manipulating is much easier with the new system than the old one.Yes I too agree with you to some extent. But in the same time if someone can do so with one or two shares even a small investor too take action against that. Isn't it?

However , I cant agree with your view on the ASI figures. It is a totaly wrong asumption based on incorrect numbers and it would misguide the small investors. May be you have not done that intentionaly and you wanted to invite the attention of the members on the weakness of the new system.
Anyway, I just collected actual figures from JBS website and found that sale of small quantities by any party(either brokers or manifulaters )yesterday has not pushed the ASI or MILANKA up.

I will give below the actual figures relating to the shares you mentionedhe details include price chage+ or -,volume of sale, and affect to index by each counter:

PARA
-Price change = +95.00
-Volume = 1
-Affect to Index =+0.03

IDL
-Price change = + 4.90
-Volume = 5
-Affect to Index =+0.06

JFIN
-Price change = +9.10
-Volume = 99
-Affect to Index =+0.87

ASHA
-Price change = (-14.00)
-Volume = 2
-Affect to Index =(-0.85)

MSL
-Price change = +51.30
-Volume = 26
-Affect to Index = +0.40

AGST
-Price change = (-1.00)
-Volume = 2
-Affect to Index =(-0.84)

SFL
-Price change = +17.00
-Volume = 1
-Affect to Index = +0.29

TANG
-Price change = (-2.00)
-Volume = 1
-Affect to Index = (-0.11)

ASHO
-Price change = (-3.60)
-Volume = 1
-Affect to Index = (-0.04)

According to above figures total positive= 1.65 and Total negative 1.84. Therfore net effect to the ASI is negative 0.19. ( That means instead of ASI increase, the above transaction has brought down the ASI by 0.19 points . So Small sales have not affected to enhance the indices.

If someone wants to tumble the ASPI or move up, he needs to play with the high cap shares namely JKH,CARS,SLTL etc.
Which I do not think that much one can do.
This is Sri Lanka if they want they can do whatever they want.

20See the reality now Empty Re: See the reality now Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:21 pm

lemuria

yeah everywhere bloodbath & everyone talks about blood bath

21See the reality now Empty Re: See the reality now Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:09 pm

Rajaraam

If someone wants to tumble the ASPI or move up, he needs to play with the high cap shares namely JKH,CARS,SLTL etc.
Which I do not think that much one can do.
This is Sri Lanka if they want they can do whatever they want..
Redbulls

Yes Redbulls, Under any circumpstance.

22See the reality now Empty Re: See the reality now Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:58 am

Stockmate

After the new system was implemented my DirectFN gives wrong charts. So I can not publish charts. My broker says they are updating the system . It is not yet over.

23See the reality now Empty Re: See the reality now Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:00 am

FXX

FXX

Stockmate wrote:After the new system was implemented my DirectFN gives wrong charts. So I can not publish charts. My broker says they are updating the system . It is not yet over.
7th of march they going to release a new version
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t16417-directfn-wrong-data

24See the reality now Empty Re: See the reality now Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:06 am

Stockmate

Do not separate the stock market from the current economy. It can not stand alone. Now we must watch the economy more closely. Economy is hell bent. There is nothing to be happy about the economy and the people
who handle it.
Pay attention to:-
Rupee depreciation
Trade balance
Debt
Government giving priority to wrong projects
Economic recession in Europe
ect

Foreign presence improves when the rupee weakens.

25See the reality now Empty Re: See the reality now Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:53 am

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

Stockmate wrote:After the new system was implemented my DirectFN gives wrong charts. So I can not publish charts. My broker says they are updating the system . It is not yet over.

Thank you Stockmate. New system is killing us. Puwak gahe naggath debeleyak. Monawa karannada Dr.TK save us from this mess.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum